PDA

View Full Version : Request for Offspring to Guest-star on The Simpsons

****itup
07-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Hello everyone, I've been an Offspring fan for a long time, and I've also been a Simpsons fan. Who knows how much longer the Simpsons will be around, and if Green Day can guest star in the movie, the Offspring can sure top that!

I'm writing this in hopes that the band might see it (or someone might bring it to their attention), so if you would also like to see them guest star, (or have some got plot holes for it) leave a message after the *beep*

-Nick aka ****itup

myspace(dot)com(slash)grizpunk

Ninty Man
07-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Hello everyone, I've been an Offspring fan for a long time, and I've also been a Simpsons fan. Who knows how much longer the Simpsons will be around, and if Green Day can guest star in the movie, the Offspring can sure top that!

I'm writing this in hopes that the band might see it (or someone might bring it to their attention), so if you would also like to see them guest star, (or have some got plot holes for it) leave a message after the *beep*

-Nick aka ****itup

Not happening

Enjoi
07-17-2008, 08:27 AM
If you believe in yourself, with a tiny bit of magic, all of you dreams can come true!!! Except that one. thats not gonna happen.

leo3375
07-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Reportedly, the writers wanted them to appear in the episode "Barting Over." But the producers wanted a more "current" band, so Blink-182 got the part instead.

This is just a rumor I heard, but it's entirely plausible.

Rutegard
07-17-2008, 12:45 PM
that would be nice....

i'd like to see bart going to an offspring concert (without the agreement of homer) LOL

very rebel!! :P

dff_punk
07-17-2008, 01:27 PM
that would be nice....

i'd like to see bart going to an offspring concert (without the agreement of homer) LOL

very rebel!! :P

Imo, a better episode would be if Homer would meet the Offspring somewhere, telling them how they rock, and The Offspring would say to themselves: "Who the fuck is this pathetic loser?" :D Like in this picture:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn154/dff_punk/f_SimpsOffspm_43fba52.png

Enjoi
07-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Imo, a better episode would be if Homer would meet the Offspring somewhere, telling them how they rock, and The Offspring would say to themselves: "Who the fuck is this pathetic loser?" :D Like in this picture:

where did u find that?

dff_punk
07-17-2008, 01:32 PM
where did u find that?

In the "post every offspring pictures you have" thread :D some guy made it... camilo andres was his nickname?

Enjoi
07-17-2008, 01:33 PM
In the "post every offspring pictures you have" thread :D some guy made it... camilo andres was his nickname?

oh. pretty fly.

Stylie
07-17-2008, 01:46 PM
That would be marvelous! But I prefer Family Guy. That's better. ^^

dff_punk
07-17-2008, 01:47 PM

That is actually even easier, The Offspring could just appear in a flashback.

Stylie
07-17-2008, 02:05 PM
That is actually even easier, The Offspring could just appear in a flashback.
Hahah, exactly. ^^
Family Guy owns, so do Offspring. Together they are superb!

dff_punk
07-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Hehe.. "man, that is worse than like that time I was on that Offspring concert..."

Stylie
07-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Hehe.. "man, that is worse than like that time I was on that Offspring concert..."
Hehah, can see it for me. ^^
Hah, never gonna forget that time when Peter was "young" sitting in the sacho-chair, suddenly he heard a strange sound (he was farting): "what the hell was that?!" Priceless. :D

EDIT: Ops, that's offtopic, a bit.

dff_punk
07-17-2008, 02:45 PM
That is Pretty Fly For A Family Guy.

****itup
07-17-2008, 04:26 PM
See, I envision something like The Offspring just showing up for some reason (ala the episode with REM), and Homer and Bart are trying to break in to a building. Meanwhile, Dexter is trying to use some kind of scientific approach to help them get in, but as he's thinking it over, Greg smashes in the window with a golf club (ala Huck It). The thought simply cracks me up.

Ninty Man
07-17-2008, 04:29 PM
See, I envision something like The Offspring just showing up for some reason (ala the episode with REM), and Homer and Bart are trying to break in to a building. Meanwhile, Dexter is trying to use some kind of scientific approach to help them get in, but as he's thinking it over, Greg smashes in the window with a golf club (ala Huck It). The thought simply cracks me up.

Well... I will quote myself:

Not happening

Conspiracyof1000
07-17-2008, 04:41 PM

Funny, earlier I was thinking about The Offspring in Family Guy.

Cock Joke
07-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Hehah, can see it for me. ^^
Hah, never gonna forget that time when Peter was "young" sitting in the sacho-chair, suddenly he heard a strange sound (he was farting): "what the hell was that?!" Priceless. :D

EDIT: Ops, that's offtopic, a bit.

Or how about: "Hey Lois! *zoop* I did it!!!"

Oxygene
07-18-2008, 12:16 AM
One question:

why is this so impossible?

camilo andres
07-18-2008, 05:40 AM

http://img30.picoodle.com/img/img30/4/5/19/f_1024768m_b6d0c69.png (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/5/19/f_1024768m_b6d0c69.png&srv=img30)

Yeah, I made the drawing, but I made it before know Dexter was lettting his hair grow.
I imagine Homer and Bart know the band in a gig, and Homer only sings "give it to me baby" although the band is singing any other song and Dexter says "Whats wrong with this guy?", then Bart is playing with a lighter and "accidentaly" burns Noodles hair, leaving it short as it used to be, Bart says "Sorry man" and Noodles answers "Nevermind, the first time happened the same"

****itup
07-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I made the drawing, but I made it before know Dexter was lettting his hair grow.
I imagine Homer and Bart know the band in a gig, and Homer only sings "give it to me baby" although the band is singing any other song and Dexter says "Whats wrong with this guy?", then Bart is playing with a lighter and "accidentaly" burns Noodles hair, leaving it short as it used to be, Bart says "Sorry man" and Noodles answers "Nevermind, the first time happened the same"

I love it!

Cock Joke
07-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Greg & Pete need to have lines. That's all I can say. And they can't just make a frikkin cameo, either. I felt like Green Day's role in the movie was a little short and kind of disappointing.

Ninty Man
07-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Greg & Pete need to have lines. That's all I can say. And they can't just make a frikkin cameo, either. I felt like Green Day's role in the movie was a little short and kind of disappointing.

Well... they died XD

camilo andres
07-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Ok, when Homer is singing Pretty Fly and Dexter says "Whats wrong with this guy?", Greg says, "That's it, I cant' tolerate him, I'm gonna kick his ass", and Pete quickly stops him and implore him "Calm down Greg, remember what the doctor said, you gotta stay calm, don't you remember what happened the last gig you got angry?" and Noodles says "Yeah, things were getting ugly that day", then Greg answers "Right boys, be calm, be calm, sorry".

Dexter says to the crowd "Sorry people, you just discovered why he doesn't talk so much, if he looses control of himself, well, things just get nasty"

After that Bart burns Noodles hair...

Rutegard
07-19-2008, 10:47 AM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

that would be great

jacknife737
07-19-2008, 12:23 PM
I could see this happening... in 1998.

Ninty Man
07-19-2008, 05:23 PM
I could see this happening... in 1998.

Damn... WHY RAFRAG BOMBED?

dff_punk
07-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Damn... WHY RAFRAG BOMBED?

Never say never.

It's too early to judge how the album did.

Drums beating in my Heart
07-20-2008, 02:26 AM
The Offspring in South Park:D

"Fuckerdefuckfuckfuckfuck":p

zsk
07-20-2008, 04:53 AM

-Nick aka ****itup

I hope noodles is going see this thread!
I'm an Offspring and a Simpsons Fan,too and i would like to see them at there as special guest,too!
It would be soooo fucking great!!!

F@ BANKZ
07-20-2008, 05:10 AM
Dexter is a little too Moleman and Greg isn't perfect, Noodles and Pete are amazing though.

I like the hair burning. It would be cool if...
-Whenever Greg starts a sentence such as "We wanna say thankyou to y..." Noodles interdicts loudly "ARE YOU ALL HAVING A ROCK 'N' ROLL GOOD TIME! AWESOME!!" then the crowd cheer and Greg looks sad. This also happens when The Simpsons get backstage and there is no audience.
-They lose Homer; "where's dad?" then they look up and he's replaced Guy Cohen as the dancer, they could then make a weak stage-dive joke.

I say The Simpsons walk in during the last Trust In You solo, then Greg has his half-lineism, then During Pretty Fly the rest happens. The other Greg joke is a little too similar to REM.

camilo andres
07-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Dexter is a little too Moleman and Greg isn't perfect, Noodles and Pete are amazing though.
I like the hair burning.
The other Greg joke is a little too similar to REM.

Greg is kinda difficult to draw in Simpsons style, but thanks for what you say about Noodles and Pete. I think Dexter is ok (besides his hair).

And yeah, I had forgotten that REM joke but you are right, is similar, I just try to imagine Greg doing something we've never seen before, you know, getting mad or screaming angry, but it'll be funny Noodles interrupting him and he lookin sad.

Stylie
07-20-2008, 03:12 PM
I like the hair burning. It would be cool if...
-Whenever Greg starts a sentence such as "We wanna say thankyou to y..." Noodles interdicts loudly "ARE YOU ALL HAVING A ROCK 'N' ROLL GOOD TIME! AWESOME!!" then the crowd cheer and Greg looks sad.

Hahahhahahahha, that would be awesome. Poor Greg... :/

camilo andres
07-22-2008, 06:39 AM
I fix the drawing, remade Dexter's hair and draw him a little bit fatter, but I still can't draw Greg, if someone can draw him better please upload a drawing.

Anyway if you look some guest stars on the Simpsons some of them doesnt look like they really are. Look Lars Ulrich or Britney Spears.

http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/4/7/22/f_SimpsOffsm_9a5994c.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/7/22/f_SimpsOffsm_9a5994c.jpg&srv=img27)

****itup
07-22-2008, 07:47 AM
How about this: Homer taking the family on a food-related vacation, they end up touring Dexter's hot sauce factory and either

a) the band's in there running the whole factory by themselves
b) it's full of mexicans (the obvious choice)
c) it's full of canadians (the funnier choice)

zsk
07-22-2008, 02:27 PM
The simpsons are a part of RAFRAG!!!
the offspring just changed one letter I and U
Krusty are you doing Ok?
http://www.blogdelossimpson.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/krusty14_gif.jpg

zsk
08-07-2009, 02:25 PM
ok guys discuss this thread again!

cool 2 hate 681
08-07-2009, 04:25 PM
ok guys discuss this thread again!

why do you keep bumping old threads?

SMASHedTHEignition
08-07-2009, 06:42 PM
offspring should be on there..RHCP,sex pistols,rolling stones,beatles,nirvana,sonic youth,smashing pumpkins,ramones & green day have been..is there anyother bands that have??

SMASHedTHEignition
08-07-2009, 06:45 PM
By the way i just remembered that the offspring were on king of the hill at spring break playin pretty fly!!

Streef
08-07-2009, 10:09 PM
I would have to say that I agree with the folks who pointed out that as fantastical as the band may be, they're not quite as pop-culture referencey as they were about 10 years ago. Family Guy WOULD be more well-suited if they were to appear on a show simply because Seth MacFarlane is all for referencing anything between 9 months ago (when the episode was written) and the earliest days of the cavemen.

But The Simpsons? Probably not going to be interested in writing in a band that a large majority of their current audience won't recognize/remember well enough anymore. In support of that I'll throw this in: I've been re-reading a series of books that I liked as a kid, pretty popular about 12 years ago... The Animorphs. ;) The kids in the book are constantly breaking out all that cool '90s lingo, going to the mall, video arcade, talking about new CDs and videocassettes, playing their computer video games, etc. They also sneak into a concert featuring Alanis Morrisette, Nine Inch Nails, and Offspring. '90s mainstream.

Sadly, The Simpsons writing staff deson't seem to go in much for that. A shame, really.

SelfEsteem94
08-08-2009, 09:41 AM
The Offspring in South Park:D

"Fuckerdefuckfuckfuckfuck":p
not too difficult to believe.
after all,
Rancid appeared on South Park.

Harleyquiiinn
08-08-2009, 10:09 AM
LOL so that was a fan made image ! I found it when I started to like the Offspring and I went crazy not knowing in which Simpsons episode it was, considering that I've seen every episode... :D

This is really good Camilo !

tayluhhx3
08-09-2009, 11:34 AM
IMpossible or not, it would be hella awesome to see The Offspring on any cartoon.
does anyone know the name of the king of the hill episode Offspring was on?
:D

zsk
08-10-2009, 06:01 AM
i realy would realy want to ask one of the band members about it...
if i meet them ,i will ask them

so if somebody could ask them who's seeing them soon,it would be realy nice