PDA

View Full Version : Songs you changed your mind about

endlesst0m
07-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Which song from RFRAG have you changed you mind about the most and why? It could be a song that you didn't like that much at first but it really started to grow on you, OR it could be a song that you thought would be one of your favorites, but you soon grew tired of it.

Jaded skies
07-18-2008, 09:11 AM
used to hate fix you and rock bottom. and i was never a fan of a lot like me, but now those are really good imo (rock bottom being very high up there) and now i hate nothingtown...:/

Half-Truist
07-18-2008, 09:12 AM
At first I thought Rise And Fall was one of the weakest songs on the album now I love it..it has so many energy..it's really cool

And when I heard the 30second preview I really thought that A Lot Like Me was going to be my favorite song but it when I heard the whole song i stoped thinking like that..but it's still a great song

and now an off-topic thing:

when I heard the 30second preview of Fix You it reminded me of some songs of Underclass Hero(Sum 41).:p

holland25
07-18-2008, 10:08 AM
At first I didn't like Fix You. Now I love it. Also Rise and Fall.

Rooster
07-18-2008, 10:11 AM
At first i wasn't shure about Kristy, Fix You and Rise and Fall, but they had grown on me... A LOT

Out on Patrol
07-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Rise and fall, i liked it more the first time i heard it. Now i'm tired of it.

Rock Bottom has grown on me

Stylie
07-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Fix You maybe. But it's a god song. Rise and Fall is ok.

bighead384
07-18-2008, 01:06 PM
I changed my mind about Nothingtown and A Lot Like Me the most. Nothingtown seemed kind of mediocre and cliche, and for the most part, it is, but one day I just blasted it and realized it was a really fun song. The solo and bridge sections are really cool too, and I like the vocals at the end. A Lot Like Me just didn't appeal to me at first because I didn't like the way Dexter sings in the chorus. But it eventually grew on me, and I really like the way all the parts fit together in that song. The outro sounds great.

Cock Joke
07-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Takes Me Nowhere & Rock Bottom have gotten better and better over time.

Moose
07-18-2008, 01:41 PM
rock bottom grew on me quickly in a good way, but kristy i dont really care for...the more i hear those chimes in the second verse and the direction the song goes, if its not a single, then its useless, because its only good to sell albums...its not really a good song, even with its personal subject matter.

...fix you isnt as bad as i thought it would be from the preview, but it isnt very good either...its mediocre, you can do without it though.

....i didnt care for nothingtown when i first heard it, and i still dont care for it now.

...rise and fall is a solid track, i think it closes the album decently, even though it isnt one of those heavy hitters.

i just feel like they let kristy slip into what could be a good song, into a pop unoriginal, predictable, lame track. and nothingtown is just not a good song. it almost seems like filler...the little instrumental part is ok, but really nothing else really...and fix you is a failed attempt at a ballad because its like the other ballads and doesnt offer anything new...just eh.

... i could do without them on the album (obviously nothingtown, kristy, and fix you,) but they dont ruin it by any stretch.

effreyj
07-18-2008, 02:24 PM
I like Trust in You, Rock Bottom, and Kristy a lot more now than I did when I bought the album.

I used to like Stuff is Messed Up and Takes Me Nowhere more but now I'm sick of them.

When I bought the album I was sick of Hammerhead but now I like it again and it's one of my favorites.

Nothingtown and Rise and Fall have always been and still are my least favorites.

jacknife737
07-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Let's Here It For Rock Bottom and Rise And Fall have both been getting a lot more plays then when i first started to listen to the album. Both are solid tracks.

Diego06
07-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Let's Here It For Rock Bottom and Rise And Fall have both been getting a lot more plays then when i first started to listen to the album. Both are solid tracks.

At first i did'nt like "alot like me" and "rise and fall" but now i love them....
The more i listen the more i love all this album!!!

Capricorn4
07-18-2008, 02:48 PM
It was Rise and fall at first but now I'm totally reconciled with it.

offspring_freak_3
07-18-2008, 04:47 PM
at first i didnt liked Kristy, are you doing ok?, i used to skip this track, ut then i read the lyrics and started to listen to it again and it kinda grown on me

Pranksta
07-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Definitely Nothingtown. At first I wasn't impressed, but now I quite like it.

Also Fix You. I like it more now than when I heard it the first time.

Ninty Man
07-19-2008, 12:37 AM
MMM well, fix you on the preview I tought it was lame, but now I hear it and says: WOW, dex, you made a good kinda punk love song XD. (Yes... I have feelings)

Now... I tought A lot like me would be awesome, but I still don't dig it.

bighead384
07-19-2008, 12:42 AM
I know this is stupid, but I've always been bothered by people not liking Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom. I mean, the ska verses, the fucking harmony in the the chorus just instantly owns...the long, multi-part bridge section, and the way it kicks back into the chorus. What the fuck is wrong with people? I always liked LHIFRB, it didn't even have to grow on me.

SyLeS
07-19-2008, 12:50 AM
The Songs that i disliked the most (Rock Bottom, Fix You) ended up becoming my favorite songs on the album along with YGGFK

SyLeS
07-19-2008, 12:51 AM
I know this is stupid, but I've always been bothered by people not liking Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom. I mean, the ska verses, the fucking harmony in the the chorus just instantly owns...the long, multi-part bridge section, and the way it kicks back into the chorus. What the fuck is wrong with people? I always liked LHIFRB, it didn't even have to grow on me

I agree, im in love with that song, i hate all the hate it gets

drummerbecca
07-19-2008, 07:24 AM
I really love LHIFRB now, whereas I would skip past it when I first got the album. I don't really understand why people dislike it so much.
Fix You, on the other hand, has still to grow on me. I doubt it ever will to be honest. I can see where Dex and Co. were going with it but I'm just not keen on it at all.
With Kristy, my initial reaction was, "Err, what?!" but then when I read the lyrics and found out what the song was about I started liking it a lot more. There's one line in it that breaks my heart every single time, and that line is "I should've spoke out, and I'm so sorry now". When you know how personal a song this really is, hearing Dex sing that line just does something to me.

Rutegard
07-19-2008, 10:49 AM
i haven't changed anything...

guess i'm just more addicted to YGGFK now....but no changes at all

Budzy
07-20-2008, 07:22 AM
i never thought i could like Fix You.
thats changing evertime I hear it. but if you want to listen to it, u have to be by urself and have it going quietly. if my stereo is blasting RFRG, i still usually skip it. and rock botoom is probably my least liked now, but whenever someone does something wrong i find myself quoting "What would Ivan say?".

Redjie
07-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Well, I didn't like nothingtown that much and now I love it.

commonrider5447
07-20-2008, 09:36 AM
from being the ones I skipped to the ones I listen to the most:

takes me nowhere
fix you
rise and fall

and for some reason my least favorite is now Trust in You, I think its bc its similar to Smash and Long Way Home, and I like both of those songs more

RageAndLov
07-20-2008, 11:04 AM
First I didn't like A Lot Like ME at all, but now, I thinks it's a pretty good song! Not the best on the album, but still a fairly good song :)

when I heard the 30second preview of Fix You it reminded me of some songs of Underclass Hero(Sum 41).:p

everybody knows Sum 41 rips off everybody else! :p

bighead384
07-20-2008, 06:06 PM
I went through different phases with Hammerhead. First, I loved it. It rocked, and I thought most of the album would sound like Hammerhead, but I turned out to be wrong. Due to hearing it months before the album came out and hearing it on the radio, I got tired of it and almost never listened to it the first few weeks I had RFRAG. But after taking a long break from it, I realize how much this song rocks again and I'd definitely put it in my top three from RAFRAG.

Buller
07-24-2008, 11:44 PM
I have now accepted Nothingtown but I dont think I will ever enjoy Rise and fall.. its just annoying how it sounds like green day

Im impressed with the rest of the album and I love how Dexter (I think its him) laughs in Rock bottem :cool:

Free?
07-25-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm not that kind of person who can judge about offspring song that sounds kinda different from their classic sound instantly, so I guess the whole album just has grown on me more, I didn't dislike any song from the beginning.

[[Meli.x]]
07-25-2008, 04:40 PM
i used to think Takes Me Nowhere was the best on the album by far..
now it is joint best with Your Gonna Go Far Kid and A Lot Like Me.

Cock Joke
07-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Now I really, really like Rock Bottom, A Lot Like Me, & Nothingtown.

Conspiracyof1000
07-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Rock Bottom and Rise and Fall for me.

0r4ng3
07-25-2008, 07:30 PM
When the single for Hammerhead first came out, I listened to it way too much. By the time the album came out I was incredibly bored of it. But now I think of it as the best song on the album, and I listen to it too much again.

Also, I listen to Kristy Are You Doing Okay a lot less than I used to.

dirtymagic291
08-07-2008, 07:24 AM
When the single for Hammerhead first came out, I listened to it way too much. By the time the album came out I was incredibly bored of it. But now I think of it as the best song on the album, and I listen to it too much again.

Also, I listen to Kristy Are You Doing Okay a lot less than I used to.

Amen to that . Between summersonic and the album release i loved hammerhead. When the single came out i had it on repeat for ages cause i couldnt get over it, but once the rest of the album came out it got old pretty quick. actually it reminded me of can't repeat in that way. Its not a bad song by any means but it bores me a little now.

the other one mentionable is fix you. i didnt like it much at all at first but now i like it a lot. Im not saying its one of the best on the album but i think it could be one of the more underrated songs

Static_Martyr
08-07-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm not that kind of person who can judge about offspring song that sounds kinda different from their classic sound instantly, so I guess the whole album just has grown on me more, I didn't dislike any song from the beginning.

So I'm not the only one who's like this....

I've grown a lot more onto Nothingtown, because the solo is fun to play :) And I really like Trust In You and Rise And Fall. Rock Bottom is okay, but it's more fun to listen to than to play (the guitar parts aren't really diverse enough to be fun to play, at least not in the sense that Rise And Fall and Kristy are). I liked Kristy from the first time I listened to it (the day the album came out, in the car on the way home), and that will *never* change. But I'm a pop guy at heart, and that song really did it for me. It's probably my favorite one on the album, actually.

Alex101
08-07-2008, 08:55 AM
"It'll Be a Long Time", "Killboy Powerhead", and others off Smash. I've been liking that album more now than when I heard any of the songs for the first time.

lost_nvrfound
08-07-2008, 09:08 AM
I didn't like A Lot Like Me or Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? at first, but now I love them long time... A Lot Like Me has gotten to be my favorite on the album, justabout...

Still don't like Fix You