PDA

View Full Version : New Review of RAFRAG on Mammothpress.com

theoffspringignite
07-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey, I write reviews for www.mammothpress.com

This is my first Offspring review I have posted on that website.

It's always interesting to get feedback from fellow Offspring fans, so check it out and let me know what you think.

This is the link:

http://mammothpress.com/index.php?area=readreview&pid=1530

Thanks.

KHWHD
07-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Well written although I respectfully disagree with some parts of it.

Enjoi
07-18-2008, 01:19 PM

I agree with Shank.

Cock Joke
07-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Although I'm not falling into the same trap I fell into in late '05 when I read about a new album being planned, (which of course was RAFRAG.) I will say that I'm very happy to know that there is a new one being planned that will come out sooner. Again though. I'm not keeping my hopes up/getting excited too early.

Your review was awesome! Rise and Fall sounded amazingly like American Idiot. I gotta say I love Rock Bottom a whole lot and that I don't think it's bland, however, it is a bit repetitive. No problem for me, though.

Great review, again!

Unnatural Disaster
07-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I think I 98% agree with the review.

Stylie
07-18-2008, 03:25 PM
I think you could say something more about the tracklist/songs -that this is the most diverse album, pointing out songs for that blablabla, and a little more about why it just got 8.5 out of 10 and not 10 out of 10. ;p

Otherwise, fine review.

Jaded skies
07-18-2008, 03:54 PM
i really liked your review. i give it a 9/10

by the way, did you hear anything more on that interview? (i.e. probability of pass me by on the new record)

jacknife737
07-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Noodles gave an interview to Toronto's 102.1 The Edge where he claimed that after about a year of touring on and off, the band would be hitting the studio fairly soon for the follow up to RAFRAG.

I made a thread about it a little while ago. http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33139

by the way, did you hear anything more on that interview? (i.e. probability of pass me by on the new record)

And I highly doubt that Pass Me By will ever appear on a proper studio album from the band, we'll only get to here it should the band release a Rarities album, or put it on a movie soundtrack or something.

mat.kc.
07-18-2008, 06:15 PM
i really liked your review. i give it a 9/10

lmfao, reviewing a review...

I rate your review of his review a 10/10, for being simply ironic and mildly entertaining.

Bipolar Bear
07-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Nice review, I agree that Rock Bottom is definitely one of the weaker songs on the album. It's still pretty good so that's a good sign.

iPunk247
07-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Great stuffs. i shall not spit my 2 cents on wether to agree or disagree CRAP!!

theoffspringignite
07-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Hey thanks for the responses. haha you guys dont have to like "review" my review I just like some feedback about whether other offspring fans agree with certain things or not, that type of things.

I dont think Rock Bottom is bland, just....relatively bland compared to other songs on the album...its still a really good song but I hold the offspring to a higher standard.

Rutegard
07-19-2008, 11:42 AM
...I hold the offspring to a higher standard.

that's exactly what i do...and it works just fine!!

theoffspringignite
07-20-2008, 10:54 AM

That's cool, what do you disagree with?