PDA

View Full Version : YouTube video

KHWHD
07-18-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm so terribly sad that I missed them back in '05, but I couldn't go cause I was pregnant with my oldest baby. Oh well, a great live video when they were in Toronto.. 1 hour away from me. :( You guys seen this one before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPlAFU20qpU

KHWHD
07-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Also I have a question. For those of you that have actually met The Offspring in person, how did you go about that? Like getting VIP passes? Someone said before that they think they're going to come back to Toronto at the end of the year and I will not miss them for anything this time.

Conspiracyof1000
07-18-2008, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't know but I would like that second question answered, as well.

Ryder1234
07-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Im happy if they come here, because they will more than likely play at the curling club, then it would be easy for me to meet them. when I saw Social Distortion here, they played it and after my friend was able to just walk into their bus and hang out with them, Mike Ness even gave him his hat.

jacknife737
07-18-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm so terribly sad that I missed them back in '05, but I couldn't go cause I was pregnant with my oldest baby. Oh well, a great live video when they were in Toronto.. 1 hour away from me. :( You guys seen this one before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPlAFU20qpU

HA! I was there, i'm near the front, just hidden by one of the cases, they played great that day. Although it's too bad you weren't able to make it to the show though.

My advice would be to hang out near the buses after the show, depending on where they play. If they play the Kool Haus again, like they did during the Splinter tour, the buses get parked right outside the venue so if your patient you may be able to meet them that way, or vice versa, show up to the show pretty darn early. Another good way is to check out local coffee shops/ bookstores near the venue where the band is playing. It's a lot easier to meet the opening acts since they usually chill at their merch tables or at the bar after they play.

Ryder1234
07-18-2008, 10:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM_OLq9dyes&feature=related

also just a random video, someone took a live vid of bad habit and set it to a diefferent song lolol :D

KHWHD
07-18-2008, 10:57 PM

also just a random video, someone took a live vid of bad habit and set it to a diefferent song lolol :D

I saw that.. someone posted that on another thread. Eugh. :confused:

KHWHD
07-18-2008, 10:58 PM
HA! I was there, i'm near the front, just hidden by one of the cases, they played great that day. Although it's too bad you weren't able to make it to the show though.

My advice would be to hang out near the buses after the show, depending on where they play. If they play the Kool Haus again, like they did during the Splinter tour, the buses get parked right outside the venue so if your patient you may be able to meet them that way, or vice versa, show up to the show pretty darn early. Another good way is to check out local coffee shops/ bookstores near the venue where the band is playing. It's a lot easier to meet the opening acts since they usually chill at their merch tables or at the bar after they play.

Thanks a lot for the tip, appreciate it. Did you get to meet them? Kingston, holy shit that would of been a pretty long drive to TO.

Conspiracyof1000
07-18-2008, 10:59 PM

Why are you stealing what I posted? HUH? I demand answers!
Not my video, though, thank god.

jacknife737
07-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks a lot for the tip, appreciate it. Did you get to meet them? Kingston, holy shit that would of been a pretty long drive to TO.

I split my time between there and Oshawa, so it wasn't too bad. I didn't get to meet the Offspring unfortunately, but i didn't really try too though. I have managed to meet members of Big D And The Kids Table, Blood Hound Gang, and Goldfinger though, so my methods to work, on occasion.

SmashMyBadHabit
07-18-2008, 11:04 PM
This is there best EVER!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xbTAOsYYh-I

KHWHD
07-18-2008, 11:04 PM
I split my time between there and Oshawa, so it wasn't too bad. I didn't get to meet the Offspring unfortunately, but i didn't really try too though. I have managed to meet members of Big D And The Kids Table, Blood Hound Gang, and Goldfinger though, so my methods to work, on occasion.

Either way, Kingston is close to Ottawa correct? Shit, Ottawa is a good 6 hour drive from here. That's awesome!! So next time they come, we'll hook up and you can use your "methods" so we can meet 'em!! Hehehe, thanks again.

Ryder1234
07-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Why are you stealing what I posted? HUH? I demand answers!
Not my video, though, thank god.

really? you posted it? how did i miss all these threads!?

i just saw it in related

Conspiracyof1000
07-18-2008, 11:27 PM
I think I put it in the Worst Live Performances thread.

Ryder1234
07-18-2008, 11:32 PM
weird. i saw that thread. i must have stopped tracking it

Stylie
07-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Heh, that's smart. Not that I gonna do that (I guess), but sure we can just walk in some coffeshops. :P

Greekoldfan
07-21-2008, 07:49 AM
i've took some photos with the offspring in manchester 2004.i went hours before the show and someone said there are the offspring on the back of the building.i went there.everyone was there except dexter.they were really friedly.you could take photos and autographs.after the show we were waiting in the same place and this time was dexter there too.i couldnt imagine before that after so many years and shows they are still talking with the fans etc.but they do.I went to rockwave in athens this july but in the festivals it is difficult to meet any band

Stylie
07-21-2008, 07:57 AM
i've took some photos with the offspring in manchester 2004.i went hours before the show and someone said there are the offspring on the back of the building.i went there.everyone was there except dexter.they were really friedly.you could take photos and autographs.after the show we were waiting in the same place and this time was dexter there too.i couldnt imagine before that after so many years and shows they are still talking with the fans etc.but they do.I went to rockwave in athens this july but in the festivals it is difficult to meet any band
Man, you're lucky. Really lucky.

KHWHD
07-21-2008, 08:00 AM

That's awesome. You should post some pics. for sure!

Rag Doll
07-21-2008, 08:00 AM
I met them December 2000 with VIP passes. I'm hoping to somehow get my way backstage again when they tour this time (through VIP passes or just my feminine charms). They're really awesome guys.

Half-Truist
07-21-2008, 08:02 AM
I met them December 2000 with VIP passes. I'm hoping to somehow get my way backstage again when they tour this time (through VIP passes or just my feminine charms). They're really awesome guys.

:D:D:D

you girls always get what you want:D

Greekoldfan
07-21-2008, 08:18 AM
i cannot post any attachments yet.only 56 posts.does anybody knows in how many posts i will be allowed to do that?i've got and some cool pics from rockwave.The bad think in the manchester show was that the night before i was flying from greece to uk with 4 hours delay,just after i broke up with my girlfriend.i went to london,2 more hours to wait for the couch,7hours trip to leeds,5 hours sleep,1 hour trip by train to manchester and i forgot the memory stick and to charge the batteries of my camera!!so i took only about 20 photos in total!This time in rockwave i broke up with another girlfriend after 1.5 year,but i bought a second memory stick,charged the camera,drunk a lot of beers,kissed another girl in the show,and have a great time!

Rag Doll
07-21-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm not sure if you can ever post attachments....I think only moderators can do it. Oddly enough, someone who isn't a mod might know better.

Register for a photobucket, perhaps? It's free! www.photobucket.com

Then you can share all the pictures you want =)

Actually, you can even create a photo album on your profile on this website now.

Greekoldfan
07-21-2008, 08:25 AM
i may do it with megaupload (as i did with the 18 videos from rockwave)but tommorow night.because im not home today

Rutegard
07-21-2008, 12:22 PM
i cannot post any attachments yet.only 56 posts.does anybody knows in how many posts i will be allowed to do that?i've got and some cool pics from rockwave.The bad think in the manchester show was that the night before i was flying from greece to uk with 4 hours delay,just after i broke up with my girlfriend.i went to london,2 more hours to wait for the couch,7hours trip to leeds,5 hours sleep,1 hour trip by train to manchester and i forgot the memory stick and to charge the batteries of my camera!!so i took only about 20 photos in total!This time in rockwave i broke up with another girlfriend after 1.5 year,but i bought a second memory stick,charged the camera,drunk a lot of beers,kissed another girl in the show,and have a great time!

wow

have you thought bout adapting it to the stage?

nice story!

Greekoldfan
07-21-2008, 03:03 PM
wow

have you thought bout adapting it to the stage?

nice story!

what do you mean?yeah i cant forgive myself.because im fan since '94 and after 10 years i had the chance to go to the offspring and speak with them.i forgot my camera memory,batteries and in the same time i was thinking my x-girlfriend.i think i was really in love that time.but i love the offspring more

ps.it could be a nice story for a video clip.hehehe.I forgot to say that the flight was at least 4 hours and i went home to sleep at 5.30 a.m

ArtificialLife
07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Also I have a question. For those of you that have actually met The Offspring in person, how did you go about that? Like getting VIP passes? Someone said before that they think they're going to come back to Toronto at the end of the year and I will not miss them for anything this time.

You don't need any type of passes to meet the band, although they might help haha. I met Noodles after a show once by just hanging around outside the venue exit. Bunch of buddies and I were just chilling drinking some beers, and Noodles came out with a Budweiser of his own and chilled with us for about 10 minutes, it was amazing. He gave us signed guitar picks and took pictures with us too.

Szandi
07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
This is an old video
Dirty magic, live, 1994 San Francisco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfTHD5DVMiI

Stylie
08-05-2008, 11:02 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=De2Srn5IaLY&feature=user
This is just hilarious to watch. ^^

What does Dexter have againast Bon Jovi? And he doesn't like Kiss neither?

00:56. :D
Aguliera: Noodles is SO in, and Dexter "call me".
And Dexter really doesn't like what he hear and see on 1:15.