PDA

View Full Version : The new Mountain Dew

Llamas
07-18-2008, 10:14 PM
I know this is a super lame thread idea, but I'm bored and waiting for my friends to call me... and I'm drinking one of the new Mountain Dew flavors. I am a dork and registered on the website so I could vote for the new Mountain Dew... and definitely picked the pink one. Is anyone else as lame as me?? Come on! You know you are!!!

I do think that the new flavors are Mountain Dew's best attempts since Code Red.

Rag Doll
07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
what are these new flavors? i remember...

code red (good)
something blue (ick)
pitch black (ick)
livewire? it was orange (ick)

IamSam
07-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm super lame too! Although I voted for Voltage, which I am currently drinking. I do like Supernova (pink) though. I agree that they are the best attempts since Code Red. However, Revolution tastes like Pepsi Blue.

nieh
07-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Baja Blast >>> anything else Mountain Dew has ever done.

Rag Doll
07-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Baja Blast >>> anything else Mountain Dew has ever done.

omg, i remember going to some fast food place with you JUST so you could get that. it still amuses me.

Llamas
07-18-2008, 10:22 PM
what are these new flavors? i remember...

code red (good)
something blue (ick)
pitch black (ick)
livewire? it was orange (ick)

From what I remember, the flavors they released were:
Code Red (cherry - my favorite kind of Mountain Dew)
Live Wire (orange - it was okay)
Pitch Black (grape - pretty gross)
Baja Blast (no clue what it was supposed to be - DISGUSTING)

The new ones are:
Revolution (Wildberry and Ginseng)
Voltage (Raspberry and Ginseng)
Supernova (Strawberry and Ginseng)

Basically, they have all three for sale this month, and you're supposed to go on the site and vote for your favorite. Next month, they'll only keep making the one that gets the most votes. Right now Voltage is winning, but I like Supernova more.

I'm super lame too! Although I voted for Voltage, which I am currently drinking. I do like Supernova (pink) though. I agree that they are the best attempts since Code Red. However, Revolution tastes like Pepsi Blue.

It's way better than Pepsi Blue, but it's nothing special and doesn't taste anything like Mountain Dew. Definitely my least favorite of the three. But I wish they'd keep making all three, cause I'd drink them all.

Llamas
07-18-2008, 10:23 PM
omg, i remember going to some fast food place with you JUST so you could get that. it still amuses me.

Haha, it was and still is only available at Taco Bell. I'm grossed out that anyone likes that shit. :(

IamSam
07-18-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm kind of a fan of Livewire though. It was like Sunkist with a kick.

Llamas
07-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Yeah, Livewire is good if all you're looking for is a good orange soda... but not if you want something that tastes anything like Mountain Dew.

Endymion
07-19-2008, 04:23 PM
i'm not going to drink a soda with ginseng added to it.

JohnnyNemesis
07-19-2008, 04:46 PM
^I was thinking the same. Wtf is wrong with those folks over at Mountain Dew?

I still like the original Mountain Dew best, and would like it more if it were just a bit less sweet. Everything else, including Code Red, is just way too sugary, even if tasty sometimes.

Llamas
07-19-2008, 07:43 PM
^I was thinking the same. Wtf is wrong with those folks over at Mountain Dew?

I still like the original Mountain Dew best, and would like it more if it were just a bit less sweet. Everything else, including Code Red, is just way too sugary, even if tasty sometimes.

They say the sodas are "drinker designed", and actually it's pretty damn good. You might be surprised.

At least Mountain Dew is less sweet than Mello Yello... at least I think so. But I do think it could stand to be less sweet still.

Jakebert
07-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Voltage. It takes like Sour Patch Kids after the sour is gone.

Little_Miss_1565
07-19-2008, 11:50 PM
i'm not going to drink a soda with ginseng added to it.

How come? Isn't it supposed to help dudes or something?

XYlophonetreeZ
07-20-2008, 09:11 AM
How come? Isn't it supposed to help dudes or something?
That kind of "help" is only good for dudes who need it. It can be hell if you don't. It's an odd thing to do, especially considering that pubescent kids are a huge target consumer group for Mountain Dew. It just means more walking around school with their books placed strategically in front of their pants.

That being said, I doubt the amount of ginseng that they put in that shit will really have much of an effect.

Jules69
07-20-2008, 02:03 PM
I love the blue one!! Is that one the berry flavored one?? It was the best out of the rest!!:p

Cock Joke
07-20-2008, 03:48 PM
If being a Mountain Dew fanatic is lame, then so am I!!! :cool:......:confused:

I had all three but I really don't feel like registering an account to vote. I dunno, I'm lazy. Plus, I like 'em all, so no matter which one wins, I'm satisfied!

Let me just add that Live Wire is the greatest soda of all-time! WOOOOO!!!!!

Ryder1234
07-20-2008, 08:50 PM
i saw a commercial for this. it was basically a 3 way tug of war that extended across the city. a the end it asked "which side are you pulling for?"

IamSam
07-20-2008, 09:17 PM
I love the blue one!! Is that one the berry flavored one?? It was the best out of the rest!!:p

All three are berry flavored and two are blue. You figure it out.

Ryder1234
07-20-2008, 09:50 PM
All three are berry flavored and two are blue. You figure it out.

haha owned 10101010