PDA

View Full Version : Igniton released in 1992 or 1993?

Stylie
07-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey folks! :)

Well, I got my Ignition Remastered CD (had it for a while now), and I ripped the songs to my computer now. Then I noticed that it says "Year: 1993". But'eh... Ignition was released in 1992, and it says so on the back cover of the album too. Is it a mistake?

And one thing too. On the genre, it says "Alternative". I would really say that Ignition is punk rock, and absolutley not alternative. Genre on RAFRAG is "Alternative", but that I can understand, 'caus generally that is actually alternative. It's not 100% punk rock, even most of the songs contains that.

Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoy. DISCUSS!

Conspiracyof1000
07-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Ignition was released November 16, 1992. The only reason I remember the specific date is because I was born a month and three days before.
It is also not alternative. It's punk rock.
That's my two cents.

Stylie
07-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Ignition was released November 16, 1992. The only reason I remember the specific date is because I was born a month and three days before.
It is also not alternative. It's punk rock.
That's my two cents.
Exactly, so why does it say so on the remastered Ignition?

Rooster
07-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Don't worry about the genre, almost every time i ripp something from a CD it says genre: alternative (but i don't give a fuck)...

But in case of the year... Well, probably it's just a mistake

Ryder1234
07-19-2008, 02:33 PM
dude, when i ripped Splinter, it was classified as "Classical" :p

KHWHD
07-19-2008, 02:35 PM

That's ok, I read somewhere (can't remember now) on one of their albums they said it was "rap." Now figure that one out. :confused:

Conspiracyof1000
07-19-2008, 02:35 PM

When my dad ripped Splinter, it didn't have the name of the band on it, and he called it My Chemical Romance because the first thing he heard was When You're in Prison.
I'm fairly confident he was a little drunk.

Ryder1234
07-19-2008, 02:37 PM
hahaha
stupid MCR

EDIT: the rap thing is funny too

Conspiracyof1000
07-19-2008, 02:42 PM
That's ok, I read somewhere (can't remember now) on one of their albums they said it was "rap." Now figure that one out. :confused:

Probably Americana, because of Pretty Fly for a White Guy, but even that's not rap.
Original Prankster, maybe?

Stylie
07-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Don't worry about the genre, almost every time i ripp something from a CD it says genre: alternative (but i don't give a fuck)...
But in case of the year... Well, probably it's just a mistake

Ah, okey, I understand. Gonna change it to Punk Rock. But you guys agree that RAFRAG generally is Alternative?

Well, if it's a mistake, it's a big one. It's strange that they didn't notice it before they released it. Hmf.

Stylie
07-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Original Prankster, maybe?
Lol, aboslutley not rap. A bit punk pop?

jacknife737
07-19-2008, 02:45 PM
It was released in 1992.

It's best not to pay attention to the info on your computer after you rip a cd, I once ripped a Bosstones' cd and the listed genre was metal, "'scuse me wtf you smoking".

Conspiracyof1000
07-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Lol, aboslutley not rap. A bit punk pop?

I don't know, Pretty Fly and Prankster were the first things to come to mind when rap was mentioned. (probably due to the videos)

Half-Truist
07-19-2008, 03:10 PM
I ripped my linkin park CD's (yes, I like Linkin Park they have been one of my favorite bands since I was like 10 or something [I'm 16 now] but I don't listen to it as often as I did) and my stupid computer tagged linkin park as alternative & PUNK and I was like "WTF?? ":D

sorry for the offtopic but I had to tell someone.:D

and I think ignition was released in 1992 it's just a mistake:p

Stylie
07-19-2008, 03:13 PM
I ripped my linkin park CD's (yes, I like Linkin Park they have been one of my favorite bands since I was like 10 or something [I'm 16 now] but I don't listen to it as often as I did) and my stupid computer tagged linkin park as alternative & PUNK and I was like "WTF?? ":D

sorry for the offtopic but I had to tell someone.:D

and I think ignition was released in 1992 it's just a mistake:p
Is it the computer that choose the genre? Naaaaah. That info is on the CD, right?

Half-Truist
07-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Is it the computer that choose the genre? Naaaaah. That info is on the CD, right?

I don't know, but it's kind of strange...linkin park PUNK??...I don't think so..:p

maybe that info is on CD , but in that case I wanna know who did that so I can call him/her stupid.:p

Bipolar Bear
07-19-2008, 03:17 PM
I don't know, but it's kind of strange...linkin park PUNK??...I don't think so..:p

maybe that info is on CD , but in that case I wanna know who did that so I can call him/her stupid.:p

Linkin Park is so far from being punk...I agree. They're so commercial. For example, the rapper guy only does
shows with them for the money, he has his own band now and doesn't give a shit about them.

Ryder1234
07-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Linkin Park is so far from being punk...I agree. They're so commercial. For example, the rapper guy only does
shows with them for the money, he has his own band now and doesn't give a shit about them.

i just listened to my copy of "Minutes to Midnight" last night (got it on my 13 birthday 2 years ago, havent listened to it since about a month later) and some of the songs were great. i was like "why didnt i listen to this cd for a year!?"

Half-Truist
07-19-2008, 03:27 PM
For example, the rapper guy only does
shows with them for the money,

Really? I didn't knew that. I know he has is own band but I didn't knew he only did the shows for the money. :confused:

i just listened to my copy of "Minutes to Midnight" last night (got it on my 13 birthday 2 years ago, havent listened to it since about a month later) and some of the songs were great. i was like "why didnt i listen to this cd for a year!?"

They have some good songs. But Chester, in a live show, can't sing the slow songs on that new album. :p

Ryder1234
07-19-2008, 03:50 PM
i havent watched their live stuff, so i cant agree on that

Half-Truist
07-19-2008, 03:56 PM
i havent watched their live stuff, so i cant agree on that

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4bkIq-srE6Q - Leave Out All The Rest

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m4gKYVmy_ew&feature=related - Shadow Of The Day (this one is really bad)

those are videos from linkin park's performance in Rock In Rio 2008 (I was there and The Offspring were amazing..:p)

dr.vanessa
07-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Well,I ripped americana and says the only punk rock song is......''welcome'' the rest is alternative....wtf...??:eek:

Conspiracyof1000
07-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Well,I ripped americana and says the only punk rock song is......''welcome'' the rest is alternative....wtf...??:eek:

Obviously Welcome is the most punk song. Ever.

KyleW
07-19-2008, 05:44 PM
If welcome is the most punk rock song on americana then i really do worry.

dr.vanessa
07-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Actually it's not even a song hahahaha!:D

Ryder1234
07-19-2008, 06:07 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4bkIq-srE6Q - Leave Out All The Rest

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m4gKYVmy_ew&feature=related - Shadow Of The Day (this one is really bad)

those are videos from linkin park's performance in Rock In Rio 2008 (I was there and The Offspring were amazing..:p)

oh yeah that is pretty bad :p

but then theres the good:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BOMhgpjqq4k&feature=related - Given Up

except in the chorus. he sounds REALLY bad there...

disclaimer_07
07-19-2008, 09:27 PM
It's possible that your program would tag every song as "alternative". You may need to change its settings then.

holland25
07-20-2008, 12:22 AM

Ha, when I ripped Death Cult Armageddon by Dimmu Borgir, it said blues....

Redjie
07-20-2008, 06:06 AM
woot, we even have Linkin Park videos here? :confused:

Half-Truist
07-20-2008, 06:08 AM
woot, we even have Linkin Park videos here? :confused:

lol

it was just to show how linkin park sucked live.:D

but it's all over now, you can rest :p

Redjie
07-20-2008, 06:43 AM
lol

it was just to show how linkin park sucked live.:D

but it's all over now, you can rest :p

Oh okay, I'm much more relieved now. :D

Stylie
07-20-2008, 08:14 AM

Hah, yeah. Strange.

It's possible that your program would tag every song as "alternative". You may need to change its settings then.
Yeah, it's not big deal, just to mark them all and change it.

Stylie
07-20-2008, 08:15 AM
Ha, when I ripped Death Cult Armageddon by Dimmu Borgir, it said blues....
Oh yeah, blues, of course. :P
Well ok,. about the genre is ok now. But why 1993?

Little_Miss_1565
07-20-2008, 09:22 AM

When you put any CD into your computer, it takes the info over the internets from a company called Gracenote. It is not embedded in the CD. The information Gracenote has is only as good as what other people have uploaded, hence why genres and release years and sometimes track names are jacked up. If you don't agree, you can change the info.

Stylie
07-20-2008, 09:26 AM
When you put any CD into your computer, it takes the info over the internets from a company called Gracenote. It is not embedded in the CD. The information Gracenote has is only as good as what other people have uploaded, hence why genres and release years and sometimes track names are jacked up. If you don't agree, you can change the info.
Seriously? Wow, I didn't know that. That's strange, I don't like it. =P
And if you don't have internett?