PDA

View Full Version : Random things that make you more attracted to a member of the opposite sex

Mota Boy
07-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Title says it all: Are there seemingly arbitrary things that turn you on? I've done this thread before (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1982) and it was pretty awesome. Actually, I don't think I'm going to be able to top that one tonight, in part because as I've matured I've become less self-indulgent, which paradoxically makes me even more awesome.

But I digress.

Anyway, a completely random thing about members of the opposite sex that piques my interest. Add your own. I may add more when I think of them, but this is one that struck me recently.

Being part Native American I have no idea what the fuck is going on here. I didn't even like Westerns as a kid. But there's something about women with Indian blood in them... maybe I'm just trying to get my kids into a good college.

Sunny
07-20-2008, 03:56 AM
i like adventurous guys who do risky things. i don't mean like... unprotected sex, drunk driving or smoking PCP... but if a guy enjoys extreme sports, it gets me rather hot. something about physical adventurousness just.. does it. i'm pretty strongly turned off by guys who are like "oo nooos i won't do it, i might get hurt".

on an interesting note, team sport players do absolutely nothing for me. aha.

F@ BANKZ
07-20-2008, 04:48 AM
Mathematic dexterity.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-20-2008, 04:59 AM
As a pretty geeky kind of guy myself, I'm much more inclined to women who are inclined to be geeky - especially if they're very attractive.

Once, a few years ago, I struck up a conversation with a friend of a friend at a party. She was utterly, breathtakingly attractive, and we chatted away about this and that, as you do.

About a week later, I walk into my local Games Workshop - I was very into Warhammer at the time - and there she was, this astonishingly beautiful woman with an excellent figure, talking to some 12 year old, explaining how against Orcs it's much better to have shot-heavy weapons rather than stack AP.

So, long story short, the sex was fantastic.

Just kidding. Unfortunately.

Rag Doll
07-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Ambition. I have dated people that have had no desire to better their situation and amount to anything. I want someone that has big dreams and the motivation to go for them. As said in JayZ's *Can I Get A...*, "Ambition makes me so horny."

Like Dave, I dig nerdiness. On my first date with my boyfriend he told me about the forum he posts on and how he'd been on it for like six years. I was oddly attracted to that, probably because I've been on here forever and we...understand each other's addiction. He's also slipped a "lollercaust" into conversation, which only further made me feel as though our relationship was oh-so-right.

When it comes to physical stuff, nice arms. Not really muscular, but not totally lacking. Just toned and cut. It looks hot and I like being squeezed tight in a hug (and overpowered, but that's a completely different thread...).

Little_Miss_1565
07-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Being part Native American I have no idea what the fuck is going on here. I didn't even like Westerns as a kid. But there's something about women with Indian blood in them... maybe I'm just trying to get my kids into a good college.

Come over sometime. I should introduce you to my roommate. She's blonde with boticelli curls, but as Native American as I am Chinese.

For me, it's bearing any kind of resemblance to Nick Cave. I guess I like 'em dark and scary.

Sinister
07-20-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm ridiculously strongly attracted to young Asian women. Particularly young Thai women.

Bipolar Bear
07-20-2008, 09:52 AM
We're from the same city Sinister..

Nurses make me horny, so do cheerleaders.

drummerbecca
07-20-2008, 11:40 AM
I have a weakness for musicians. I know it's not that unusual but there's just something that really attracts me to them.

IamSam
07-20-2008, 11:54 AM
It they're human.

Jakebert
07-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Music taste. Not a dealbreaker or anything, but I do love girls with similar taste in music to mine. I love talking about music, and it's nice to have a girl I can relate to in that aspect.

Sense of humor/general nerdiness. I have a nerdy sense of humor, and I like girls that also share that.

Shy/quietness. I have a thing for shy and quiet girls, because I've found that once you get to know girls like that, that they have awesome personalities.

I have a thing for Indian girls. Dunno why, I just find them really attractive.

Also, I should point out that I think that nice ass > nice boobs.

My biggest turn off is party girls. I hate them so.

Jojan
07-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Lesbians are the best.

Sunny
07-20-2008, 01:20 PM
I have a weakness for musicians. I know it's not that unusual but there's just something that really attracts me to them.

haha, i'm the exact opposite. i've dated musicians in the past and it wasn't all that, plus the constant "ooo my baaaaand" shit got tiresome. so now, if someone tells me "i'm in a band", i'm just like... oh.. well... ok then. =/

KyleW
07-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Redheads. No idea why, it must be programmed into me or something but yeah, redheads.

A witty/nerdy sense of humour is always good.

Speaking of that at school recently all my friends and I were crowdng round a table doing carbon experiments and chatting when one of my friends said "Im glad to see we are all bonding. " Another friend replied "Actually were carbon bonding." We all burst out laughing. Thats my kinda humour. Anyway yeah, redheads.

Cock Joke
07-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Really huge tits!

Jakebert
07-20-2008, 03:07 PM
I can't be the only guy in the world who doesn't like large boobs. Shape, placement, and form are much more important than size.

IamSam
07-20-2008, 03:55 PM
I can't be the only guy in the world who doesn't like large boobs. Shape, placement, and form are much more important than size.

I can second that.

Ryder1234
07-20-2008, 04:02 PM

me too 101010

JohnnyNemesis
07-20-2008, 04:03 PM
but not totally lacking.

Go to teh hell!!!

I don't think this is random, but I like girls who actually stick up for themselves and are complete human beings. Strong womens are what I likes.

There's no bigger turn off for me than a self-loathing, male-worshipping woman.

Llamas
07-20-2008, 04:23 PM
I like nerdy folks, particularly if they're nerdy musicians like myself (I don't mean they're in a band, I mean they were in band... haha), or love traveling.

I strangely seem to like people lately who are into politics... which is really weird to me.

Tennis players are almost automatically hot.

Physically: tanner skin/dark hair (I don't like blonde hair really), glasses...

killer_queen
07-20-2008, 04:24 PM
There's no bigger turn off for me than a self-loathing, male-worshipping woman.
I have no idea why but I find that kind of women kinda sexy. Feminists probably think I'm a disgrace for all women.

Blond eyebrows. Actually blonds in general, probably because they are rare around here.

Tolerance to alcohol. There's nothing sexier than a man who drinks all night and then walks on a very thin line.

Wrinkles around eyes. If you have them you are more than okay in my book.

And I love men who are named James Spader. It's very attractive.

Smoking. I know, eeew. I can't help it.

Lizardus
07-20-2008, 04:25 PM
I would say "tits and ass", but in the name of honesty i will say artistic sensitivity.

Static_Martyr
07-20-2008, 07:06 PM
<i>There's no bigger turn off for me than a self-loathing, male-worshipping woman.</i>

I wouldn't go so far as to say "self-loathing, male-worshipping women," but it never hurts to have a little restraint. I prefer them right between; not too overly self-confident, but not suicidal. But what can I say; I'm a romantic motherfucker. I always dream of meeting the damsel in distress with the tragic past, and we share our stories and elope in some kind of fucking fairtytale ending.

...wow, did that sound as gay to you as it did to me? Damn. I guess I need to work on it. In any case, I'm also a bit of a realist. So I like the romance and shit, but not when it overrides common sense. I'll say, "I love you," and stuff without a problem, but I hate it when she makes me feel like I'm being compared to some perfect fairytale prince or some shit.

I guess what I mean is, I like it when women have kind of low standards, not out of sluttiness but out of jaded-ness. That makes me feel a little better about making an effort in the relationship; it's like I once told this girl that I almost dated in high school: "When someone's not expecting something nice, it feels way better and more original to give them something nice. When they're expecting it, it just feels like some token motion to uphold the relationship." Ya know?

So bottom line? I hate it when women expect a ton of stuff from you. I like to surprise them with an honest effort. Is that bad?

EDIT: I guess I feel that way because I see a bit of myself in them; I feel the same way about women (totally jaded), and I can't help but wonder if there's someone out there who thinks the same way. It's like a guarantee that we'll be able to relate to one another in at least one way.

Bipolar Bear
07-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Bondage and female rape turn me on.
I'm not saying it's right, I think quite the contrary.
However, there's nothing hotter than a helpless woman having pleasure despite herself.

jacknife737
07-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Nerds/shyness

Sharp wit

An interest in politics

Similar musical tastes

Glasses.....

I get really put off by the whole “sorority girl” attitude, I don’t want to deal with someone who’s idea of a good time is puking on a curb at 3am every night.

Betty
07-20-2008, 07:29 PM
I have a hard time coming up with adequate replies to this thread because most of my turn ons are completely typical (ambition, intelligence, confidence, blah, blah, etc, etc).

Okay, I'll try and be random.

I dated a boy with the nicest socks. That was sexy.

Another ex had all the same faults as me, and that's why I used to say we were soulmates: terrible sense of direction, terrible memory, moments of complete slowness despite being intelligent.

Good writers. I think it's from spending so much of my social life online.

But for you boys, I will say that I'm nerdy, 1/16 native american, and have an incredible ass.

JohnnyNemesis
07-20-2008, 07:35 PM
I have no idea why but I find that kind of women kinda sexy.

The joke here is too easy to make. Someone else jump in!

wheelchairman
07-20-2008, 07:45 PM
When I first saw this thread I tried to make up a list of what I find to be generally hot (that is, without exceptions that prove the rule or what have you.) And I came to the same realization as Michelle (that is that my standards are pretty standard), when I think "hot" it's generally tits, ass and legs. Intelligent women I suppose but that's so hard to define and just sounds stupid. Besides in university you can meet women who are quite intelligent in some ways and complete morons in others, and that's just depressing.

One thing I have noticed is that I generally like women who have unique mannerisms. One of my ex's used to make melodic noises whenever she had to wait, another used to sing when she couldn't sleep (I don't know why that didn't annoy me), and Tizz sometimes has this little half-hop dance in her step that I love.

I fit all of Killer Queen's criteria except eye-wrinkles and that I'm not named James Spader. Sorry.

JohnnyNemesis
07-20-2008, 08:00 PM
But for you boys, I will say that I'm nerdy, 1/16 native american, and have an incredible ass.

There are at least two parts of this sentence that are completely true.

Betty
07-20-2008, 08:05 PM
I don't understand Rick... I just proved my nerdiness in my man purse thread!

bhg_rulz2
07-20-2008, 08:09 PM

I second that, I don't like enormous boobs either. I have a thing for shorter girls haha, I don't know why. I'm attracted to them.

Bipolar Bear
07-20-2008, 08:13 PM
What about large boobs that are well placed and formed?
I prefer those to small ones that are well placed and formed.

wheelchairman
07-20-2008, 08:14 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say "self-loathing, male-worshipping women," but it never hurts to have a little restraint. I prefer them right between; not too overly self-confident, but not suicidal. But what can I say; I'm a romantic motherfucker. I always dream of meeting the damsel in distress with the tragic past, and we share our stories and elope in some kind of fucking fairtytale ending.

Sounds really really awful. But I mean the people who make their tragic pasts known usually also try and market themselves as tragic martyred figures. I can't stand that personality trait.

I second that, I don't like enormous boobs either. I have a thing for shorter girls haha, I don't know why. I'm attracted to them.
The majority of guys like girls shorter than themselves. I wonder why though...

JohnnyNemesis
07-20-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't understand Rick... I just proved my nerdiness in my man purse thread!

This is cute. And win. Cute win!

About boob shape being more important than size: I thought that went without saying?

I'm not a boob man but I notice that I constantly end up in relationships with women who have huge breasts. Every single girlfriend I've had has been at least a D cup, and no one believes me when I say it's purely coincidental...but it is, I tells ya! It is!

Sounds really really awful. But I mean the people who make their tragic pasts known usually also try and market themselves as tragic martyred figures. I can't stand that personality trait.

Well said, and I'm in complete agreement.

Betty
07-20-2008, 08:20 PM
This is cute. And win. Cute win!

I think that may be my first ever comment deemed win-worthy. Yes.

Re: gfs boobs

Okay, I was gonna make the condom/pill joke... but I couldn't bring myself to do it...

Enjoi
07-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Mathematic dexterity.

I can only imagine,

Girl sings: My math skills bring all the nerds to the yard!

F@ BANKZ says: DDAAAYYUMM!!! I'd hit that shit!

JohnnyNemesis
07-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Okay, I was gonna make the condom/pill joke... but I couldn't bring myself to do it...

See! You're just like the rest! I would put an angryface smiley here but I'm not a fan of the one on this BBS.

XYlophonetreeZ
07-20-2008, 08:40 PM
I never hear guys say that they ARE boob men. I guess it's because it's assumed to go without saying. Silent majority, you know.

So here it goes: I'm a boob man. There are maybe a couple of other things that are important in women but I can't recall them at the moment.

JohnnyNemesis
07-20-2008, 08:42 PM
I hear it all the time, actually, and my reaction is usually something like "Um, yes, I do like women too".

Betty
07-20-2008, 08:49 PM
I like boobs but I'm not a man. They're just beautiful things.

JohnnyNemesis
07-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah, but the booty is more important; you of all people should agree.

IamSam
07-20-2008, 08:56 PM
I like boobs but I'm not a man. They're just beautiful things.

Fuck. Yes.

Betty
07-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Yes, I think I have to. Because I have little boobs... I have no choice but to support the booty. Solidarity.

And it may partly be a few boys' enthusiasm rubbing off on me.

Plus, one can improve one's ass through exercise, but one cannot improve one's boobs without getting fat (not counting surgery). Volleyball is an excellent event for ass-watching: athletic ladies who jump/squat a lot + spandex.

Static_Martyr
07-20-2008, 09:54 PM

I thought about touching on that, but I figured it was self-explanatory. And it's not awful, not to me. I guess you just have to be there; I've been with a truly selfless person before, and only after a long time did we finally get to talking enough so that I understood her selflessness came from a very sad series of events in her lifetime. I was much the same way, except I was generally very bitter and selfish; I owe a lot of who I am today to her for that. To me, there are few things more beautiful than seeing a person who has true potential realize it and learn to be confident in themselves.

Sometimes I think there must have just been something about her I didn't know about, because I would swear she was like, *perfect.*

WebDudette
07-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Shorter girls, like 5'4" and shorter.

Smaller, shapely breasts. Fake breasts and really large breasts are a turn of for me.

If I found a girl with very similar taste in music to myself I would probably just die.

Common sense, they don't need to be super smart but knowing that you can drink coconut milk and eat eggs if you are lactose intolerant is a bonus.

Adventurous in the sense that they are willing to try new things. Not even sexual things, just something as simple as trying sushi.

Glasses are always cute.

Funny, like intentionally funny. Unintentionally funny is always cute though.

Tizzalicious
07-21-2008, 12:08 AM
Pff, I don't know. I used to think I was a attracted to a certain type of guy, but in the end all the guys I really did have feelings for were nothing like that, so I guess it wasn't really like that.

And I'm a sucker for nice arms. I like muscles. Again, not Arnold Schwarznegger style, but a nice arm with defined muscles = droolage.

I never understood the obsession lots of girls have with tall guys. But that might be because it's hard to come across one that's not taller than me, and they just look ridiculous when they are.

Lizardus
07-21-2008, 12:18 AM
Bondage and female rape turn me on.
I'm not saying it's right, I think quite the contrary.
However, there's nothing hotter than a helpless woman having pleasure despite herself.

you have a fetish for sadism

Izie
07-21-2008, 03:33 AM
I actually spent a lot of time thinking about this the last time it was posted, and I did so this time too. And I came to the conclusion that a much more proper way for me to phrase this would be "random things that make you not hate a member of the opposite sex", because I'm an angry, angry person and I hate everything.

Ok, randomness aside, I think I came up with a thought or two.

There's a certain type of build I go for. I guess you could describe it as the lean/toned type, because I quite dislike pumped dudes. Strong and lean is the way to go.

Must, MUST be able to play and be randomly retarded. I make weird noises and strange statements, and I could never tolerate someone who just gives me an odd look. Relax and play along. Dance in the street, sing me a song even if you can't sing, don't be afraid to be stupid every once in a while. It's good for you.

I like people who like to go to new places and explore new activities in any way, shape or form. I get bored fairly easily, so I must have someone with me who will understand my need to be entertained. And then also someone who will convince me to try activities I'm not a fan of, because I can be fairly dismissive of things for one reason or another (and I've been known to be wrong).

And loving to walk. Not the romantic "likes long walks on the beach" stuff, but just "ok it's 10:30pm and we're bored, let's take a random walk somewhere in the city and see where we can end up and what we can see".

The idea that someone's there for me is also important. For whatever dumb reason, I like knowing I have someone I can complain to about the randomest things and he won't take it the wrong way. Yup yup.

And giving me dumb nicknames is a plus. I'll pretend to hate them, but I'll secretly giggle every time they come up.

Edit: This came out much longer than I thought it would o.O

dff_punk
07-21-2008, 04:34 AM
Girls that drink beer and can still look hot.

Believe me, most girls here drink wine, only a few drink beer, that's why it's rare, and hot for me. I'm already working on a statistic change ;)

Sunny
07-21-2008, 06:13 AM
Must, MUST be able to play and be randomly retarded. I make weird noises and strange statements, and I could never tolerate someone who just gives me an odd look. Relax and play along. Dance in the street, sing me a song even if you can't sing, don't be afraid to be stupid every once in a while. It's good for you.

oh absolutely. hot mens being silly = amazingly hot. i appreciate random nerdy remarks and happy dances and all that stuff.

as for more stuff... i also forgot to add that i <3 tall guys. every guy i've ever dated was at least 7 inches taller than me. i just have a really hard time viewing short men as "omgletssex", no matter how cute they might be... which is weird, but whatever. i guess i just like big tall men because i am so littles.

i also like men who are secure and not constantly terrified of coming off as metro/gay. nothing's more of a turn off than a guy who constantly makes an effort to appear masculine and disses things that are "girly/for girls". like, omg, this is gay, this is for girls, i'm a man so i won't do that, whatever. people who are not terrified of crossing arbitrary gender boundaries are so damn fiiine... which, i guess, boils down to the fact that not being a big bundle of insecurities is pretty hot. PS. man purses are an exception. i will not tolerate man purses. sorry boys.
same goes for girls who don't always try to be feminine and can be butch/nerdy/tomboy-ish. omg. <3

Rag Doll
07-21-2008, 06:26 AM
I agree with Iz and Sunnies on being able to play and have fun. The happy dance is definitely attractive and usually will result in a surprise attack hug from me.

drummerbecca
07-21-2008, 07:55 AM
same goes for girls who don't always try to be feminine and can be butch/nerdy/tomboy-ish. omg. <3

Huzzah. I was beginning to think I was the only girl in the world who didn't find it totally unacceptable to be all of the above. I'm maybe too much of all of the above though :(

Bipolar Bear
07-21-2008, 08:02 AM
you have a fetish for sadism

Hm...not if anyone gets hurt or anything. Never found it particularly interesting to get hit and shit, you know? Or hit others...

And I'd feel really weird taking part in sadism, bondage, etc. I wouldn't want to do it, I'd find it awkward.

Anyway, still hot but not as something I'd personally do I think.
I posted it more as one of the many things I found hot, I'm not particularly interested in it THAT much.

Nina
07-21-2008, 10:17 AM
And giving me dumb nicknames is a plus. I'll pretend to hate them, but I'll secretly giggle every time they come up.

Yes. I also pretend to hate them but I find them really awesome. I can never come up with nicknames so I admire people who can!

I cant really think of anything random right now.

Jules69
07-21-2008, 01:13 PM
I like to see a man touching his hair and blowing up beach balls and air beds!!!:D

Jules69
07-21-2008, 01:59 PM
My example is Daryl pictured at the bottom of my post!!! WooHooo:p

killer_queen
07-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree with Sunny on being afraid of not being masculine enough. I also like guys who are not afraid of talking about the men they find attractive. I'm not exaggerating, all of the boys I know say the exact same thing when they're asked about men they find handsome. "I think Brad Pitt is very good-looking, I mean, I would have sex with him IF I WAS A WOMAN". Now, like saying "if I was a woman" several times isn't annoying enough all of them think Brad Pitt is the only handsome man in the world. I don't get this obsession. It's like a universal fact, if you have a penis you are only allowed to like Brad Pitt if you want to remain as a straight guy.

Jules69
07-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Matt Damon is also sexy!!

Llamas
07-21-2008, 02:13 PM
I agree with Sunny on being afraid of not being masculine enough. I also like guys who are not afraid of talking about the men they find attractive. I'm not exaggerating, all of the boys I know say the exact same thing when they're asked about men they find handsome. "I think Brad Pitt is very good-looking, I mean, I would have sex with him IF I WAS A WOMAN". Now, like saying "if I was a woman" several times isn't annoying enough all of them think Brad Pitt is the only handsome man in the world. I don't get this obsession. It's like a universal fact, if you have a penis you are only allowed to like Brad Pitt if you want to remain as a straight guy.

GOD I KNOW! I have an ex who would always bring this up when such a topic came up... he would say, "The only person I'd ever cheat on you with would be Brad Pitt. I mean, it's Brad Pitt. I couldn't say no!" WTF. Why is every straight guy pretty much obligated to say they'd ONLY do Brad Pitt? I don't even think he's that hot... I mean, he's had his moments... but I think there are way hotter men out there. Apparently the entire population of straight men disagrees.

Also, I'd like to point out that my random things are (possibly obviously) different from guys to girls. I think blonde/lighter skin can often be very attractive on a guy, but very rarely on a girl. Glasses are less attractive on guys than girls, also. But the nerdiness/tennis stuff goes all around.

Big boobs = No thanks. Much hair is gross anywhere but on the head, also. Hairy guys = ew. And even facial hair? No.

I also like piercings (to a very low extent), and I tend to find smoking attractive... but kissing a smoker is kinda gross. haha.

JohnnyNemesis
07-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Brad Pitt is ugly and limited in the talent area. The dudes I'd fuck are Edward Norton, Justin Timberlake, and Mike Mussina, and that's about it.

Autonomist
07-21-2008, 02:37 PM
I'd go gay for Edward Norton too, but not over Christian Bale. Also Hugh Laurie, but he'd have to stay in character.

Izie
07-21-2008, 03:01 PM
I agree with Iz and Sunnies on being able to play and have fun. The happy dance is definitely attractive and usually will result in a surprise attack hug from me.

Oh God yes. Attack hugs are as awesome as the actions that provoke them.

And I agree with Sunny on her second thought. However, I will point out that it's not exactly difficult to be 7 inches taller than Sunny. I think I am. ;p

On that note, I am also an occasionally tomboy-ish girl *hint*

Jakebert
07-21-2008, 03:09 PM
I'd go gay for Edward Norton too, but not over Christian Bale. Also Hugh Laurie, but he'd have to stay in character.

Agreed on the 3rd one.

-Sheree-
07-21-2008, 03:18 PM
The dudes I'd fuck are Edward Norton.

Wouldn't we all ^.^

As for the random things that make me more attracted to the opposite sex...I dont really have many that aren't out of the ordinary.
Although in fairness, a lot of the guys I might think are hot, others might think are too girly :/

But nerdy & skinny is a bit hit w/ me :]. Sadly, nice clothes/style is a touch important
I'm partial to the guy who's really into his games too...not in the annoyin' way in that that's all they talk about but that they do enjoy them and have a genuine interest in them.

Music taste isn't really important to me considering mines quite mixed...but yea, band guys...annoyin' also because usually any conversation leads back to something his band did or something they plan to do...

As for the Brad Pitt thing, he's ok...but there's much better out there! If I was a guy, I wouldn't go gay for him!

Jules69
07-21-2008, 04:42 PM
I liked Val Kilmer as batman!! What was the name of the one he was batman in??:confused:

Sunny
07-21-2008, 04:51 PM
ugh, brad pitt is gross to me. he's all... mushy looking. ugh god. not in a million years.

And I agree with Sunny on her second thought. However, I will point out that it's not exactly difficult to be 7 inches taller than Sunny. I think I am. ;p

shutup, bitchface <3 *pounces on u*

Betty
07-21-2008, 08:23 PM
I think most boys can be completely silly when with a woman they feel comfortable with... just like I can be silly with them? Yes?

And man, I wish I could find a guy that liked going for walks.

I've never yet dated a guy that was actually remotely as open minded towards music as I am (and I'm not even THAT open minded) and they all pretended to be interested in my recommendations at first and then completely changed after a short period of time and then I almost felt like they purposely didn't like whatever I recommended out of spite... ha.

Bipolar Bear
07-21-2008, 08:31 PM

Personally..
I think a lot of guys are really handsome, and I really don't have any problem admitting it. I mean...I never had a boner watching a guy, but I can find them handsome in a non-sexual kind of way, for example, thinking some painting looks really good. Anyway, I'm probably one of the least homophobic people you'll come across, I really don't give a shit at all about people's orientation. I wouldn't mind people who think I'm gay either. Let them think what they want, it's nothing to be ashamed of really and nothing you can change if you are.

Cock Joke
07-21-2008, 08:36 PM
I totally agree, honey!

Bipolar Bear
07-21-2008, 08:42 PM
I totally agree, honey!

At the risk of going against what I said about not getting boners from guys...

You give me major boners !

HornyPope
07-21-2008, 10:44 PM
I think most boys can be completely silly when with a woman they feel comfortable with... just like I can be silly with them? Yes?

And man, I wish I could find a guy that liked going for walks.

I've never yet dated a guy that was actually remotely as open minded towards music as I am (and I'm not even THAT open minded) and they all pretended to be interested in my recommendations at first and then completely changed after a short period of time and then I almost felt like they purposely didn't like whatever I recommended out of spite... ha.

Okay this is going to sound terrible but I'm on a roll so here.

I never really listened to that MP3 cd you gave me.

I think it's because I just don't prioritize music at all anymore. It's almost a burden. I discover maybe 1-2 new songs a week now, and I don't think I can handle a lot more. Call it marginal utility if you like.

Tizzalicious
07-21-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm all for silliness and nicknames too!

Static_Martyr
07-22-2008, 02:00 PM
....as for "random things" that make me attracted to a member of the opposite sex....hm, I really had to sit down and think about this. As far as things I like that most women can actually aspire to (i.e. things that are realistic):

(1) Any kind of dark hair. Naturally dark is best, but I don't mind if it's dyed---I've seen some pretty cute girls with colors like dark blue and dark green. I just don't care for the flambouyant stuff; makes me feel like I'm dating a clown. Nothing against it---I mean, if she has personality, I'd be willing to overlook it---but it's kind of a put-off without context.

(2) Unique dress. Not the Hot Topic reject variety (nothing too fancy), but I've seen some cool outfits before that hint at an imagination. I like it when a girl can come up with her own unique ideas for what to wear without resorting to generic fashion ideas or outfits that are pre-made; it's kind of a precursor to an original personality.

(3) Open-mindedness. I don't care if we have the same musical interests or political ideas, as long as we can agree to disagree (or have entertaining discussions, at least). I make fun of stuff I don't like or don't agree with; it's an unfortunate habit. I like being around people who know not to take that too personally, but at the same time aren't afraid to tell me if I'm going too far. Like, if I insult your favorite band (not knowing it's your favorite band, of course; I try to be more considerate if I know ahead of time), don't lash out and act like I dissed your mom, ya know? I've grown up around people who do that my whole life, so I've never really had a problem with people hating on my favorite stuff (and come on, I like punk. That pretty much guarantees you'll get some hate from somebody, eventually).

(4) Sense of humor. I know, it's cliche, but this is probably the most important thing for me. A person without a sense of humor is not very fun to be around, it's as simple as that. I'd like to date a girl that, for example, likes to sit and watch TBN and make fun of people like Rod Parsely and John Hagee for being so tight-assed. It's just good bonding, and it's entertaining :)

Vera
07-22-2008, 02:09 PM
The dudes I'd fuck are Edward Norton

No. Mine.

RE: boob discussion. Boobs not very random. Topic closed.

My quirky attraction er thingies:

- Eyebrows that are noticeable, not not bushy, not uni-brow etc. Being able to do things with your eyebrows. I suspect this is because I am fucking hopeless at being expressive with my eyebrows - it's like the muscles there won't move. So I admire this feature in guys.

- Freckles.

- Quoting internet memes in moderation. Like today at work I put my water bottle on the table and it fell over and rolled off the table (closed so no spill-age) and I was like "haha, fail" and one of my male work mates replied, "epic fail" and I wanted to be like "MARRY ME".

WebDudette
07-22-2008, 03:57 PM
I've got the eyebrows moves and the freckles. I've also been known to say various meme-esque phrases if the proper occasion arises.

Vera
07-22-2008, 04:20 PM
And yet we're not fucking, can you imagine.

nieh
07-22-2008, 04:56 PM
It's like a universal fact, if you have a penis you are only allowed to like Brad Pitt if you want to remain as a straight guy.

I have a crush on Jason Statham. Brad Pitt does nothing for me.

iPunk247
07-22-2008, 05:05 PM
i have a crush on Dex but all teh others don't do justice for me. *shakesfits*

[1] a great personality.
[2] a great sense of humor.
[3] a great original style.
[4] a great fuckable partner.
[5] partner in crime is a must.
[6] someone respectful and fun.
[7] someone polite and intelligent.
[8] someone down to earth and stuff.
[9] someone enjoys cuddling and sex.
[10] secured income and inheretance.
[11] secured for teh near future stuffs.
[12] secured with everything in power.
[13] someone to grow old with and die.

Duskygrin
07-25-2008, 05:34 PM
A brooding gaze, and I don't know, some special something I detect sometimes...

Edit: I also have a thing for blondes. Paul Bettany comes to mind...
I like a man who has a sense of humour about him. And who uses and abuses it. Especially for purposes of self-derision or for mocking me. A guy who can gently emphasise my behavioural quirks and make me helpless with laughter for a goodly five minutes has pretty much won me. I remember being chuffed like all hell when a dude made a remark to the purport that as far as flatmates go, the only one I could stand would be a dead donkey. That was in mockery of my quiet habits...

[[Meli.x]]
07-25-2008, 06:37 PM
i get weirdly attracted to gamers and skaters..
i have no idea why...
I also like guys who are taller than me... yeah, thats not so random.. but im quite tall myself at 5 foot 9.
I get attracted to guys who dont have a conversation with my boobs... and i tend to get attracted to guys who show no attraction to me.
I like really skinny lads..
particularly skinny legs...
Im attracted to skill.. in anything really, be it skill in an instrument, art, or anything else for that matter... i just love to watch people do what they are best at...
I like tattoos and peircings, and i also like dark or stunning eyes.
i like long hair.

Right, onto personality more than looks...
i like someone who doesnt try to change me.. and that fit with my personality, i like people who can have a joke and also be serious when i need them to be.
i like someone who is more masculine than me, as i am slightly boyish, but not so "manly" that theyre scared to show any emotion.
I hate pet names.. i really do.. but thats probably because my boyfriends last petname for me was "hippo".

i know there are others, i just cant remember them at the moment XD...

yulka
07-25-2008, 08:49 PM
well, i'm pretty easy about this topic
what makes me attracted to somebody
more than anything else
is

if that person loves me
i don't need anything else

that's all that matters to me
i don't know about you

WebDudette
07-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Apparently I'm attracted to my exact opposite.

Nina
07-26-2008, 02:00 PM
I thought of something else. I like it when men eat a lot. As in, a LOT. Obviously it shouldnt be a health problem in any way, but just that they need tons of food in order to survive. I like to see my man eat, it makes me cheerful haha. It kinda sucks for him because he spends a great amount of money on food, but yeah, loves it.

Llamas
07-26-2008, 02:04 PM
haha I hate watching people eat! (Good thing I work in a restaurant :-/) I think it's a huge turn off to see someone eat... I prefer to avoid it as long as possible.

I know, I'm weird.

Nina
07-26-2008, 02:07 PM
I think many people are like that, though! That's at least the impression I got.
Watching people eat can be an awkward situation, especially if you watch me eat because I am totally unable to do it gracefully. I had sushi today, it was a disaster. But I like to watch man eat, yaaahh.

WebDudette
07-26-2008, 02:09 PM
I love to eat! I probably spend more money on eating then anything else combined.

Nina
07-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Well, that's pretty hot ;D

Llamas
07-26-2008, 02:13 PM
I think many people are like that, though! That's at least the impression I got.
Watching people eat can be an awkward situation, especially if you watch me eat because I am totally unable to do it gracefully. I had sushi today, it was a disaster. But I like to watch man eat, yaaahh.

haha yeah I always feel awkward when I eat... I'm afraid that if someone else is watching me, I'm going to look disgusting... something stuck to my teeth, drop something on my shirt, smack my lips really loud, etc. Maybe cause I'm uncomfortable having people watch me eat, it makes me not want to watch others? I'm unsure. But I do loooove to eat. And I spend a lot of monies on food, too! Just prefer to do it alone.

WebDudette
07-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Honestly, everyone else is probably to busy gorging themselves (like me) or paying attention to themselves (like you). To actually pay attention to how someone else is eating.

Unless you talk with your mouth full or chew with your mouth open.

Llamas
07-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Honestly, everyone else is probably to busy gorging themselves (like me) or paying attention to themselves (like you). To actually pay attention to how someone else is eating.

Unless you talk with your mouth full or chew with your mouth open.

I don't think that's often true when you're on a date.

WebDudette
07-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I suppose I hadn't actually thought about it in a dating situation for some reason.

I eat more restrained if I'm on a date but I don't pay a particular amount of attention to someone else unless they make it blatantly obvious.

killer_queen
07-26-2008, 02:25 PM
that reminds me, I love people who talk while chewing and I see it a s a sign of self confidence. Sure, it's not a nice thing when you are with people you're not close to. But it's goddamn annoying when they make you wait to hear what they have to say until they finish chewing.

Oh and, intentionally showing what's in your mouth can always be funny, not just when you're 5 years old.

Nina
07-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Ha, that's what a friend of mine would do when she was younger. She'd begin to talk about a fatal car accident in a very concerned tone, and then she'd be like "and you know what it looked like????" and open her mouth haha.

I also dont mind it when people talk while they eat. Whatever. It depends where you are though.

[[Meli.x]]
07-26-2008, 03:55 PM
eating in front of people doesn’t bother me, i have a friend who wouldn’t eat in front of anyone for ages...
she does now though... she realised how strange it was.
I however, don’t really care. everyones gotta eat...
me and my bf are pretty comfortable with that sort of thing, its common for us to leave each others houses with curry or pasta sauce down our front or something, and we’ve both always been that way, since we first got together.

annother thing i forgot to mention was that i like it when i can embarrass myself by accident, and the other laughs and pokes a bit of fun, but doesn’t take the piss so much that its humiliating...
basically, i like to be myself completely with them.. i dont see the point in putting up a front if you are attracted to someone and want to potentially get with them... if you do use your public face with them, then if you get with them, it means they genuinely like your personality.. my current bf is a previous best friend.. he knew exactly what he was getting himself into, the same as i did with him..
i really like that.

fuck-authority
07-27-2008, 03:22 AM
i would have to say hair...

and eyes
theyre my favourite physical part of the opposite sex

Sunny
07-27-2008, 03:57 AM
Oh and, intentionally showing what's in your mouth can always be funny, not just when you're 5 years old.

that grosses me out to no end. ew. ewewewew.

people eating does nothing for me... like, anyone can gorge themselves. and actually, i'm kind of grossed out by people who eat a lot of bad food. i love guys who know how to cook, though =)

Oxygene
07-27-2008, 04:04 AM
I thougth this topic was about unique things (random) that make you attarcted to the opposite sex... if it wasn't every guy could just come and post like

"a shaven twat"

It'd be a boring topic...

Something random I like about women is if they know what they want and don't want. None of that I can't make up my mind shit :)

HornyPope
07-28-2008, 10:50 PM
];1162068']eating in front of people doesn’t bother me, i have a friend who wouldn’t eat in front of anyone for ages...
she does now though... she realised how strange it was.
I however, don’t really care. everyones gotta eat...
me and my bf are pretty comfortable with that sort of thing, its common for us to leave each others houses with curry or pasta sauce down our front or something, and we’ve both always been that way, since we first got together.

I used to have food stains all over my shirt. I just didn't pay attention to how I ate or how I looked when I had gone out in public.

IamSam
07-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Found something else. Random hugs.

HornyPope
07-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Found something else. Random hugs.

Here's a funny story from HS.

A girl I crushed on hugged me once in a spur of a moment (I think she was happy with her grade) and all I could say in that moment was "I...I...I don't really know you that well".

IamSam
07-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Here's a funny story from HS.

A girl I crushed on hugged me once in a spur of a moment (I think she was happy with her grade) and all I could say in that moment was "I...I...I don't really know you that well".

One of my favorite lines ever. It makes non-awkward moments awkward for those you said it to while you are fine with it.

Static_Martyr
07-29-2008, 02:04 PM
^That's always hard for me to handle....to them it's just a token gesture, but to me, the simple act of the hugging just wipes my brain clean. All of a sudden I can't think of anything. I'm like, "huh....wuh, huh?"

EDIT: Another thing I just thought of today that I really like for some reason: when there's something she wants to learn how to do that I know how to do, and that I could show her how to do. And for the record, I'm talking about non-sexual things, like learning an instrument, or writing. Creative things.

*waits for someone to make a joke about sex and creativity*