PDA

View Full Version : Program to edit videos!

Stylie
07-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Do you know about any good program to edit videos in? I have some videos on my camera that I want to edit together, put in some music and stuff.

I know about Windows Movie Maker, but that program fuckes up the video quality, so I don't wanna use that. Please, you know about any good and FREE?

Moose
07-20-2008, 02:36 PM
final cut pro and avid are the 2 main ones...they can be expensive...if you have a laptop you can get final cut pro express for $200...

...or if you are able to find a way to download them for free go for it...but those are the 2 best on the market for digital video editing...i use fcp (final cut pro) personally...it can cause some headaches, but overall, its a solid program.

Stylie
07-20-2008, 02:38 PM
final cut pro and avid are the 2 main ones...they can be expensive...if you have a laptop you can get final cut pro express for $200...

...or if you are able to find a way to download them for free go for it...but those are the 2 best on the market for digital video editing...i use fcp (final cut pro) personally...it can cause some headaches, but overall, its a solid program.

Okery, thanks for that. But I'm not going to pay, so I want the best free programs.

Jojan
07-20-2008, 02:42 PM
You need to specify a bit more. I.e. what operating system do you have avabile for this software, how much processor power can you put out on it, and such.

And learn to use Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_editing_software#Free_.2F_Open_Sourc e_Software & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_editing_software

Homer
07-20-2008, 02:44 PM
The best program you're going to find for free is Windows Movie Maker.

Stylie
07-20-2008, 02:48 PM
You need to specify a bit more. I.e. what operating system do you have avabile for this software, how much processor power can you put out on it, and such.

And learn to use Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_editing_software#Free_.2F_Open_Sourc e_Software

I understand. Well, I can say some about this computer? (I love to) :D

Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P
Windows Vista Home Premium
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+ 2,6 Ghz
3GB RAM

And thanks about the wiki list.

Lizardus
07-20-2008, 03:54 PM
The best program you're going to find for free is Windows Movie Maker.

This is true, even if it doesn't have all the perks and fanciness of other softwares it's easy to use and you can practice with it.

Stylie
07-20-2008, 04:31 PM
This is true, even if it doesn't have all the perks and fanciness of other softwares it's easy to use and you can practice with it.
Yeah, it's peace of cake, but whats annoying me with that program, is that it fucks up the video quality. -_-

Splinter[PI]
07-21-2008, 04:52 AM
Yeah, it's peace of cake, but whats annoying me with that program, is that it fucks up the video quality. -_-

you can change the quality. Don't compress it, there's a pull down menu, choose an option, I don't know anymore which is the best. I think it's AVI-PAL or whatever it's called.

zsk
07-21-2008, 06:43 AM
nero express is ok but the movie maker is better and it's free

Stylie
07-21-2008, 08:02 AM
;1158953']you can change the quality. Don't compress it, there's a pull down menu, choose an option, I don't know anymore which is the best. I think it's AVI-PAL or whatever it's called.

Bealive me, I tried every options.