PDA

View Full Version : Is your favourite STILL your favourite anymore??

KHWHD
07-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Meaning................ since their new album, is your old favourite still your favourite or are you having an extremely hard time choosing between that and one on their new album (RAFRAG?)

To be totally honest... my favourite song of all time is Kick Him When He's Down... but I have to admit that I love You're Gonna Go Far Kid. I love them both equally now and I didn't think I'd ever have a song that was so close to KHWHD. :confused:

Anyone else? :eek:

Conspiracyof1000
07-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Dammit, I Changed Again was my favorite song for so long, but then I heard Half-Truism and YGGFK. I don't know what's my favorite now...

cool 2 hate 681
07-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Ignition is still my favorite

Jojan
07-21-2008, 01:07 AM
Stuff is Messed Up and O.C. Life are amogst my favourite songs now. Not the extent that my other favorute songs aren't that anymore - even if on a top-ten list some songs needs to get lost.

Free?
07-21-2008, 01:52 AM
Well... It's not like with RAFRAG's new favorite stuff old favorites became any less-favorites. And I never had a single favorite song except the time when I bought my 1st Americana and Pretty Fly was clearly my the only favorite, now it would be really difficult to name even 10 or 20 most favorite songs, especially with RAFRAG.

Diego06
07-21-2008, 04:02 AM
Spare me the details was my favorite but now it's difficult to choose with you're gonna go far kid and let's hear it for rock bottom

Half-Truist
07-21-2008, 04:06 AM
Before RaF,Rag my favorites were Gone Away , TKAA and Dammit, I Changed Again. But now, Half-Truism, Trust In You, You're Gonna Go Far, Kid and Hammerhead are among my favorites too.

holland25
07-21-2008, 05:16 AM
Whole Ignintion is still my favourite. In particular I like Crossroads and KHWHD the most, but Trust in You gets pretty close.

danitanev
07-21-2008, 05:46 AM
I got too many favorite songs and with RAF, RAG I got even more, so I can't say a lot! :D

zsk
07-21-2008, 05:48 AM
my favourite album was smash
but i love RAFRAG,too
i can't decide, i think both are my favourites
my favourite song was "give it all"(by RiseAgainst)
no Trust in You and "Just a Day"(by feeder) are my fevourites(both)

Stylie
07-21-2008, 06:28 AM
Seriously, I can't pick any favourite song. I can't!

KyleW
07-21-2008, 06:33 AM
Well my favorite song is Hit That (avatar kinda gives it away.) But on RAF,RAG I do love HT, LHIFRB and TMN.

However, I think the reason I love these three possibly as much as Hit That is because they are new. It has happened to me whenever I have bought an Offspring album. When I bought Ixnay I fell in love with Mota, when I bought CO1 I fell in love with Dammit. In the end though the bonus of the song being new has gone and I am left with Hit That once again remaining as my top song.

I would say that Half Truism has a special obbsession though. Its done better than most other songs in terms of how long it has been my fave for. I doubt it will stick as my fave song but it will stay as a 5-Star song on my iPod. :D

Out on Patrol
07-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Can't pick a favourite song. I can choose my favourite album, but song, nope.

But RAFRAG has 4 songs that could be on my top 20.

hshduppsnt
07-21-2008, 10:25 AM
its too hard to pick favorites but just on experience,
I always end up going back to Self Esteem so I gotta say thats still my favorite,

I can say RAFRAG is probably one of my top three favorite albums but I'm not sure I can define it like that
(and has songs in top 10 but that list is constantly changing too)

Capricorn4
07-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Although it's hard to choose a favourite song I say my fav is Have you ever,but now I love Takes me nowhere,but I can't decide which song I like more.

F@ BANKZ
07-21-2008, 11:15 AM
There were songs on Rise and Fall as good as The Kids Aren't Alright, although it is still my favourite. I'm not even sure what I mean by favourite anymore, I don't listen to it as much as other songs and I certainly enjoy other songs just as much when I do hear them. Hey hey don't pay no mind.

Rutegard
07-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Seriously, I can't pick any favourite song. I can't!

yeah me neither....

neither a fav album! neither a fav album.......

Blitzkrieg Bop
07-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Favourite song ... impossible task to limit it to one, but my favourite album has always been Ignition, RAFRAG in close second now :D

Stylie
07-21-2008, 11:38 AM
yeah me neither....

neither a fav album! neither a fav album.......
I don't think I can either. Not one favourite, but maybe two favourites.

Redjie
07-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Yah.I guess a favorite album would be one built by myself, picking all the songs I really really love and make my own greatest hits :D but my lovely favorite songs wouldn't fit all in one album.

Stylie
07-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Yah.I guess a favorite album would be one built by myself, picking all the songs I really really love and make my own greatest hits :D but my lovely favorite songs wouldn't fit all in one album.

True. But if you put ALL your best favourite songs on one album, you're gonna get tired of them after a while, that's the minus. ^^

KHWHD
07-21-2008, 12:28 PM
That's the great thing about having a DVD burner. Make your own favourite DVD's with all your favourite songs. :D ;)

Szandi
07-21-2008, 12:33 PM
I like new album but my favourite : Bad habit...forever

Amiralanal
07-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Whole Ignintion is still my favourite. In particular I like Crossroads and KHWHD the most, but Trust in You gets pretty close.

Crossroads is not on Ignition

Rutegard
07-21-2008, 01:11 PM
is your favorite still your favorite?

yes!

Cock Joke
07-21-2008, 01:24 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I can never keep one favorite for very long, but at the moment it's Ixnay. Who knows what it will be in a month, or week, or day, etc.

Out on Patrol
07-22-2008, 11:15 AM
My favourite album will be always the same.
With Ignition to death
:p

But, I've started to love CO1. I didn't use to pay it much attention, but, now, i really really like it.
And i like a bit more the new album.

I don't know, i think time makes you like more the albums...

jacknife737
07-22-2008, 02:13 PM
But, I've started to love CO1. I didn't use to pay it much attention, but, now, i really really like it.

Same with me. I loved it when it first came out, then i went through a stage of thinking it was probably the worst Offspring album, but now i'm starting to appreciate that it is a solid record, and far from my least favorite record.

B-Rad
07-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Damn, wheres the love for Come Out Swinging and Can't Repeat?
still my favorites.

Rooster
07-22-2008, 04:39 PM
B-Rad, welcome to the forum :)

My favorite album is deffinitely RFRG, and my favorite songs from it are Trust In You and Half-Truism. So i guess they changed.