PDA

View Full Version : Share your favorite Offspring momments

yellow
07-21-2008, 09:10 AM
I have many, but the 3 top favorite momments were:
My 1st Offspring show (the american tour) they blew me away and rocked my world. I became a diehard fan instantly!
2nd favorite moment was meeting Dex backstage at Universal during the Conspiracy of One tour.
3rd best momment was being front row for the Offsprings performance at the 1st Inland Invasion; they throw me a tigger stuffed animal, Noodles drenched me with a fire extinguisher and they played "special delivery"!
THANK YOU OFFSPRING FOR ALL OF MY GREAT MOMMENTS YOU HAVE GIVEN ME WHILE BEING A FAN!!
P.S. Sorry if this thread has already been done

KyleW
07-21-2008, 09:34 AM
woah your one lucky person!

For me its:

1) Download Festival 08! My first Offspring gig and I got to the front row!
2) Everytime I see The Offspring on TV or in Kerrang! mag that gets me excited (not sexually)
3) RAFRAG release day. Its the first Offspring album released since I have been a fan and walking down to get it that morning was a hell of a feeling.

Stylie
07-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Wow, that's cool. Tell us some more details, like what you and Dexter speaked about. :)
Unfortunately, I haven't met them or been on a Offspring concert yet. But some day, that gonna happend, trust me.

2) Everytime I see The Offspring on TV or in Kerrang! mag that gets me excited (not sexually)
You liar. ;)

yellow
07-21-2008, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=Stylie;1159085]Wow, that's cool. Tell us some more details, like what you and Dexter speaked about. :)
Unfortunately, I haven't met them or been on a Offspring concert yet. But some day, that gonna happend, trust me.
I am sure you will get a chance to see them in concert

It was a surreal experience. I dragged my roommate to the concert so that she could see how awesome the offspring are in concert; and they were. Dex and Noodles did an acoustic version of "black magic". On our way to the car, a crew member from the lighting dept. came up to us and asked us if we wanted to go back stage, so we did. Dexter was surrounded by his family and friends. u kinda had to wait in line to talk to him. I introduced myself and asked him if they did charity concerts; he said they did and gave me a number to call. The bands manager said they were to exhausted and needed a break.

Enjoi
07-21-2008, 09:52 AM
My class whent on a feild trip to a roller rink once and the song "self esteem" was on so me and my friend who is also a offspring fan started singing and everyone looked at us funny cuz no one else knew it.

KyleW
07-21-2008, 10:05 AM
You liar. ;)

Well maybe a little. First concert is always the best :D hopefully you will get to see them on RAFRAG tour

Stylie
07-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Well maybe a little. First concert is always the best :D hopefully you will get to see them on RAFRAG tour

Oh man, that would be great!! Yeah. If they're coming to Scandinavia (hopefully Norway, 'caus it's a long time since last time), I'm coming.

F@ BANKZ
07-21-2008, 12:01 PM
1) Download 2008 (originally). I too was at the front but decided being at the front wasn't as much fun as being in a pit. So the first moment would be crowd-surfing Half Truism.
2) The Kids Aren't Alright live.
3) Hammerhead premier. That was an amazing night.

Fancy that DHIG, we must have been within afew metres of eachother last month.

KyleW
07-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Fancy that DHIG, we must have been within afew metres of eachother last month.

Haha yeah, I was thinking of going in the pit when Hit That was on but decided to stay put since I wouldnt be able to get back on the front row again.

F@ BANKZ
07-21-2008, 12:09 PM
I probably left it far too early, I hear the front is the best place to be but I was there for too long (I got there during Bullet For My Valentine which was hard work) so I was hot and horrible. I thought after seeing them that I would have exprienced some fulfilment but now I'm itching to see them again.

Anyway, off-topic.

Rutegard
07-21-2008, 12:31 PM
best offspring moments...

1) all the finest moments i get when i hear their music
2) all their concerts i've been to (orgasmic time)...
3) and finnaly, meeting them...

and of course...i don't wanna sound preechy but all their inspiration, motivation, support and knowledge

drex878
07-21-2008, 12:38 PM
As of now the interior of my house is under construction. Last week on one of the painter's radios, "Gone Away" started to play. Coming down from my room to get a listen I hear a painter talking. He says, "These were the days, seeing them play this song like at Woodstock '99, what a show". I started to talk with him an learn that he's been to over ten Offspring Concerts. It was fuckin' sweet.

Blitzkrieg Bop
07-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Favourite Offspring moments:

1. The Offspring concert in South Africa in 2004, was in about the third row from the front, the BEST day of my life.

2. Every time I add something new to my Offspring collection. The latest should arrive next week and the anticipation is driving me crazy :D

Conspiracyof1000
07-21-2008, 03:44 PM
I have not been to a concert yet, sadly. Bit too young last time they came around.
But three favorite Offspring-related moments would have to be finding Offspring watches, shirts, patches and bookbags at the county fair, actually finding Ignition in a store (took me about three months to find a copy) and replacing all the Hannah Montana CDs at Wal-Mart with RAFRAG. Good times.

Alex101
07-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Favorite Offspring moments:

1. Their San Fransisco conert in 2005 was my first time ever seeing The Offspring live. That concert was on my 16th birthday (July 2nd) and it was totally a great concert too.

2. Everytime I listen to Smash, I think of my first time listening to The Offspring when I was five years old back in 1994. That album had even changed my life.

KyleW
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
I probably left it far too early, I hear the front is the best place to be but I was there for too long (I got there during Bullet For My Valentine which was hard work) so I was hot and horrible. I thought after seeing them that I would have exprienced some fulfilment but now I'm itching to see them again.

Anyway, off-topic.

I went down just before Bullet (a physical test to say the least) and ended up getting front row after two guys left when Incubus finished. I thought seriously who would come, see incubus and leave before The Offspring.

Anyway the real reason for my post is another of my top Offspring moments. Well its no mine, its my friends so Im cheating a little. Picture this: Holiday abroad. Just lying around on a lilo on the pool under the scorching hot sun. In your left hand is a crushed ice mango smoothie and in your right hand a HUGE bag of ready salted potato chips. When suddenly out of the blue Gone Away begins to play from a nearby radio. Heaven.

Oh and once I saw someone wearing an Offspring t-shirt and I said "nice t-shirt" and he said "you too". I was wearing a Linkin Park shirt :(

Stylie
07-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I went down just before Bullet (a physical test to say the least) and ended up getting front row after two guys left when Incubus finished. I thought seriously who would come, see incubus and leave before The Offspring.

Anyway the real reason for my post is another of my top Offspring moments. Well its no mine, its my friends so Im cheating a little. Picture this: Holiday abroad. Just lying around on a lilo on the pool under the scorching hot sun. In your left hand is a crushed ice mango smoothie and in your right hand a HUGE bag of ready salted potato chips. When suddenly out of the blue Gone Away begins to play from a nearby radio. Heaven.

Oh and once I saw someone wearing an Offspring t-shirt and I said "nice t-shirt" and he said "you too". I was wearing a Linkin Park shirt :(

Man, that sounded awesome. ^^
Linkin Park? Ouch... :P

Conspiracyof1000
07-21-2008, 05:16 PM
I forgot this one. The other day while I was camping I was wearing my Offspring t-shirt while wading in the lake. Some people on a boat paddled past and a chick yelled, "Nice shirt!" and the guys on the boat gave me thumbs-up.
It was very odd.

Rooster
07-21-2008, 05:37 PM
My favorite moment was when i finally gor RFRG. I have waited for this album since it was mentioned for the very first time, and almost a month after the release i finally got it. I can't describe the feeling, after years of waiting to get a new offspring CD in my hands i was able to hold this masterpiece in my hands... I have never in my life anticipated an album for so long and so hard (the second place in anticipation holds Iron Maiden's A Matter Of Life And Death for me :D), and the feeling was like i experienced nirvana (the state of mind). I didn't cry (i haven't cried for years, at least as long as i'm an Offspring fan), but i felt extremely proud to be a fan of The Offspring.

I have to see them live yet, and if i do see them, i'm sure that the feeling will be even better than getting RFRG... :D

dr.vanessa
07-21-2008, 05:39 PM
FAVORITE OFFSPRING MOMMENTS:
1)Thousands of momments(listenin'to their music) the last 13 years..
2)live in Athens 2008(2 weeks ago)
3)BACKSTAGE!!!!:D:D:D:D

pretty_fly_white_guy858
07-21-2008, 05:46 PM
The first concert I ever went to was an Offspring show, and I was 11. Me and my best friend got front row, then after I met Dex and talked to him for about 30 minutes. Nicest guy EVER. He then gave me a set list and signed it for me. Probably one of the coolest moments in my life. Can't wait to see them on the RAFRAG tour..whenever it comes. BETTER BE SOON!

dr.vanessa
07-21-2008, 06:29 PM
The first concert I ever went to was an Offspring show, and I was 11. Me and my best friend got front row, then after I met Dex and talked to him for about 30 minutes. Nicest guy EVER. He then gave me a set list and signed it for me. Probably one of the coolest moments in my life. Can't wait to see them on the RAFRAG tour..whenever it comes. BETTER BE SOON!

30 MINUTES?!!!!!!!!!!???BUT HOOOOOWWWW!?When i met them there was a kind of security guy who gave us only 5-10 min.(STUPID SECURITY GUY!!!):mad::mad::mad::mad:

Stylie
07-21-2008, 06:31 PM
30 MINUTES?!!!!!!!!!!???BUT HOOOOOWWWW!?When i met them there was a kind of security guy who gave us only 5-10 min.(STUPID SECURITY GUY!!!):mad::mad::mad::mad:
Though, you should be really happy. ; )

Rooster
07-21-2008, 06:36 PM

Yep, true. Some of us have never seen them live (you too Stylie, if i'm correct)

dr.vanessa
07-21-2008, 06:39 PM

I absolutely am..but unfortunately human beings always want more...u r so right forgive me:);)

Rooster
07-21-2008, 06:44 PM
I absolutely am..but unfortunately human beings always want more...u r so right forgive me:);)

It's okay ;)

jacknife737
07-21-2008, 11:52 PM
The day that bought Americana, my very first Offspring CD. I probably spent the whole day playing air-guitar to TKAA, Have You Ever and Starring at the Sun.

Some random afternoon in 2001 when I put Ignition into my diskman, and as soon as the final note played on Forever and a Day, I knew it was my all time favorite record.

The incredibly hot day of July 7th 2005, when I attended the 2005 Warped Tour and got to see my favorite band perform an amazing set without a weak moment.

The morning that the official RAFRAG stream was put online.

Budzy
07-22-2008, 12:51 AM
1. The Offspring @ Soundwave: Paid $120 big ones, spent the whole day walking around and listening to bands i never heard of and disliked (All Time Low and MotionCity Soundtrack, Fall of Troy were the best), sat in a packed grandstand full of smokers (blame them for golbal warming) and walked around with 2 t-shirts and a singlet on a scorcher of a day (it was forcast to rain, and i bought an offspring shirt form the merchs), didnt want to buy a drink cos they were like $5 a can so i was thirsty as anything. All this dust from stages one and two's circle pits was kicking up all over the place. Listened to Thursday (which was a feet in itself, srry but they are horrible) and then qued up at stage 2 to get a good spot for Incubus / Offspring. So i lasted through motion city and alexis on fire, enjoyed incubus then offspring came out and fuck was i excited. Got some footage on my phone but u cant hear much because of my horrible singing. And then dexter goes "lets play a new song, wat do u guys say?" and played what is now known to be half truism. Best moment of my life.

2. Went to buy RFRG on june 14th (although i already had the songs downloaded),and saw S/T for sale, which ive never seen before so i was even more excited about that (i had all the songs aswell but i still bougyht it).

3. When i thought i saw Dexter holand once but turned about to be some random look alike. :(

Stylie
07-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Yep, true. Some of us have never seen them live (you too Stylie, if i'm correct)
Yep, that's true. But one day, my Raptor friend, one day.... =D

Heheh, you're also right. :)
...and nice story, Budzy.