PDA

View Full Version : Fast Food Discussion.

Jakebert
07-21-2008, 04:13 PM
So what are you favorite fast food places? Please try to stay away from local places. Regional chains are fair game, though.

My favorite of the big ones is either Taco Bell or Arby's. Taco Bell is trash, but I can't help but love it. Rally's/Checkers is my favorite small time one.

I absolutely hate McDonalds and do not understand why so many people love it.

IamSam
07-21-2008, 04:16 PM
I worked at McDonalds for 4.5 years and megalothe it. However I have an infatuation with Taco Bell Steak Gorditas and Chicken Quesadillas. I also am a fan of Dairy Queen.

Llamas
07-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Where's the line on fast food these days? Do places like Chipotle count? Does it have to have a drive-thru? What about places like Bruegger's or Einstein's (bagel shops that do have drive-thrus)?

Cause I've been frequenting Bruegger's a lot the last few months. And I like Baja Sol for the unlimited chip bar.

As for trashy unhealthy "typical" fast food, Taco John's wins. Taco Bell is okay, and I go there more often, but only cause there are no Taco John's by me.

For typical burger fast food, Wendy's is better than BK or McDonald's, if only for their $1 5 piece chicken nuggets, cause their chick nugs are far better than anywhere else.

Cock Joke
07-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Hmm. I like McDonald's. I also like KFC, Burger King, always wanted to try Checker's, Waterloo Pizza, (kind of an obscure place, but they're around) always wanted to try Jerry's because their commercials are funny, only problem is the food might be crap, but you never know!!! Krispy Kreme, that counts, right? Wendy's, Sonic, and Popeye's!

Conspiracyof1000
07-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Carl's Jr., Arby's, and Burger King. I can't stand Taco Bell and McDonalds.

Szandi
07-21-2008, 04:26 PM
I like McDonald's and Burger king and domino pizza......

Rooster
07-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Well, in Slovenia we have only McDonalds, so i wasn't in any other fast food place you know... Only local places, but they have so much better food (hamburgers in size of 3 big macs for the same prize as big mac, and a lot more tastier than anything McDonald's have to offer).

A bit off-topic, but i have to ask if anyone here enjoys a good donner kebab? :D

Llamas
07-21-2008, 04:32 PM
A bit off-topic, but i have to ask if anyone here enjoys a good donner kebab? :D

Döner Kebaps are the God of all fast food. I didn't mention them because I assumed the majority of people here haven't had them, because they don't exist here. Plus Ricky will jump in with the "lol everything is better in Austria" :( :(
Also, most countries they do exist in, they are terrible. The farther away from Germany a country is, I think the worse the Kebaps are. But Kebaps are better than any fast food we have here.

You're from Slovenia? I was in Maribor a year ago, and all we found anywhere were ice cream cafes! We just wanted some normal food to eat... but everyone was only eating ice cream. It was seriously weird.

Szandi
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Well, in Slovenia we have only McDonalds, so i wasn't in any other fast food place you know... Only local places, but they have so much better food (hamburgers in size of 3 big macs for the same prize as big mac, and a lot more tastier than anything McDonald's have to offer).

yeah...but Big mac is better.

Sunny
07-21-2008, 04:39 PM
chipotle is definitely my favorite. at least they try to be *sort of* healthy and try to get a lot of their meat from organic sources, which is nice.

as far as totally nasty stuff goes, i like taco bell. gross, i know, but so tasty sometimes. =/ also, domino's pizza... mm, cinnastix *wiggles*. whataburger in the south is decent too. aaand A&W deserves some <3 for their root beer floats.

Döner Kebaps are the God of all fast food. I didn't mention them because I assumed the majority of people here haven't had them, because they don't exist here. Also, most countries they do exist in, they are terrible.

ahaha, gotta love Döner kebabs! they are excellent in Poland, i must say. however, if you're ever in Dublin, do yourself a favor and avoid that shit like the plague. especially Abrakebabra and Momo's Kebabs. omfg. so nast. my mens and i almost vommed... i was like "try this, it's good" and it turned out to be absolutely repulsive. holy shit.

Rooster
07-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Yeah, glad to find someone with the same kebab "passion" like me :D I didn't try one untill about a year ago, and it was amazingly good. The man who made the very first kebab on this planet should get a Nobel prize award for "creating a God of fast food".

And those ice cream cafes... I gues the cafe owners think that turists only eat ice cream and nothing else, there's a lot of them on a single street in any big city (but normaly in the old parts of cities, which are more interesting for turists)

killer_queen
07-21-2008, 04:42 PM
I absolutely hate McDonalds and do not understand why so many people love it.
It's the toys. When I was a kiddo I got almost all my toys from happy meals. there were toys of Disney characters, little Barbie dolls, little hot wheels cars, plush animals and many more while only remarkable toys Burger King gave were Sonic toys.

Jakebert
07-21-2008, 08:10 PM
I always liked Burger King toys better, but that's because they always did one set of Simpsons toys every year, plus around Halloween for a few years they had a Universal Studios Classic Monster series that I actually still have in my room.

jacknife737
07-21-2008, 08:26 PM
When i think about it, i don't actually eat that much fast food, but when i indulge I usually go to either Wendy's or Harvey's since they seem to have the best burgers. If you count pizza places, then also Pizza Hut.

I rarely eat MacDonald’s, and even though on occasion i will be forced to out of desperation i always feel sick afterwards.

I tend to avoid Taco Bell, and Arby;s.

ZeQuebecois
07-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Wow you guys have a lot more variety in US than in Canada (Quebec at least). When I pass by it's unbelievable!Personnaly I think Harvey's burgers taste better than other resto's. Hey what'bout Subway? Personnally it's in my #1's pick, but it's a little bit expansive...
Anyone knows when Taco Bells come to Canada? :rolleyes:I can't wait.

Jebus
07-21-2008, 08:47 PM
I could eat an infinite amount of popcorn chicken from KFC if I could afford it. Also love gorditas from Taco Bell, but I can't stand the chalupas.

I'm a faggot though and I've been counting calories lately so I rarely eat fast food anymore.

jacknife737
07-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Anyone knows when Taco Bells come to Canada? :rolleyes:I can't wait.

The civilized part of Canada has had them for years.

ZeQuebecois
07-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Hum... I'm sorry I don't travel much^^
I said that 'cause in Montreal I think we have like... 1 Taco Bell (maybe, not even sure!) and that's it:D And it's the 2nd most-populated city.
Maybe is it like Walmart's food centers. We don't have some as big as it is in US and as in the rest of Canada. But we're in Quebec province so it's pretty special here.:D

Little_Miss_1565
07-21-2008, 09:18 PM
chipotle is definitely my favorite. at least they try to be *sort of* healthy and try to get a lot of their meat from organic sources, which is nice.

Chipotle is rad, but dude...chicken burritoage is 900 CALORIES. If I'm going to eat something that I know is 900 calories, I'm going to hit up Taco Bell. Can I get a hell yes for the crunchwrap?

Bipolar Bear
07-21-2008, 09:37 PM
I dislike all fast food restaurants.
Most make really disgusting food that tastes like shit.
The only ones I eat from are the pizza places.
Subway is not bad, once in a while.

I'll have to say my least favorite fast food place is Taco Bell.
Their food is supposed to be some fajita taco-thing, but tastes
like some bland artificial rice mixture. I don't get how anyone can
eat at the place...

Little_Miss_1565
07-21-2008, 10:04 PM
I'll have to say my least favorite fast food place is Taco Bell.
Their food is supposed to be some fajita taco-thing, but tastes
like some bland artificial rice mixture.

If you're at Taco Bell, why are you eating rice at all? In the immortal words of the Vandals, "meat & cheese only, don't fuck it up."

Bipolar Bear
07-21-2008, 10:11 PM
If you're at Taco Bell, why are you eating rice at all? In the immortal words of the Vandals, "meat & cheese only, don't fuck it up."

Their meat tacos taste like rice. It's fucking disgusting...
Ate their once in my life and will never repeat that mistake.

Little_Miss_1565
07-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Their meat tacos taste like rice. It's fucking disgusting...
Ate their once in my life and will never repeat that mistake.

Really? eww. I've never had the "meat" tacos, only the chicken and 7 layer goodness. I was vegetarian for a long time so I fear trying to introduce my tum to ew gross mystery meat.

07-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Really? eww. I've never had the "meat" tacos,

Don't lie to us now. ;)

Little_Miss_1565
07-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Don't lie to us now. ;)

That would have been funny if I'd said fish taco.

HornyPope
07-21-2008, 11:48 PM
The civilized part of Canada has had them for years.

Like what, Ontario? That's some civilization there. Are you proud of your outlet stores and franchises?

Bipolar Bear
07-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Yeah, and hell, like someone mentioned earlier Montreal is the second biggest city in Canada and I don't even think it has one. I don't think that Taco Bell = civilization, it's quite the contrary. Having those fast food outlets is something to be ashamed of. The fact that some people think the contrary is a sign of a major mental decline in our society...

Ok anyway, I know he meant civilization as populated areas, but that's not exactly what that word means.

Little_Miss_1565
07-21-2008, 11:53 PM
whatevs, Canadian McDonalds serve PIZZA. vileness.

HornyPope
07-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Hum... I'm sorry I don't travel much^^
I said that 'cause in Montreal I think we have like... 1 Taco Bell (maybe, not even sure!) and that's it:D And it's the 2nd most-populated city.
Maybe is it like Walmart's food centers. We don't have some as big as it is in US and as in the rest of Canada. But we're in Quebec province so it's pretty special here.:D

Did you watch McCartney on stage yesterday?

Btw, here is one clip I liked

I can't say the rendition really did a lot to me but it's an excellent live performance, the crowd is really into it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MbOfsxHruu4

HornyPope
07-22-2008, 12:01 AM
Yeah, and hell, like someone mentioned earlier Montreal is the second biggest city in Canada and I don't even think it has one. I don't think that Taco Bell = civilization, it's quite the contrary. Having those fast food outlets is something to be ashamed of. The fact that some people think the contrary is a sign of a major mental decline in our society...

Ok anyway, I know he meant civilization as populated areas, but that's not exactly what that word means.

For your information, it has at least two and anybody with a car can get there. One is right off the Cote Vertu subway and the other is somewhere in the West Island. I don't remember where but I've seen it. If someone really wanted to eat there, he'd find it.

Bipolar Bear
07-22-2008, 12:02 AM
My parents were at the front of the mccartney show. The concert was a couple minutes away from my house. Apparently, it was pretty crazy.

Something I noticed:
Everyday at 2 A.M. EST the forum lags for 2 minutes.

HornyPope
07-22-2008, 12:04 AM
You should have went. Paul is a legend but he's going to die eventually. When he does, you can tell your friends you were at that show.

Everyday at 2 A.M. EST the forum lags for 2 minutes.

Very good observation there!

Bipolar Bear
07-22-2008, 12:06 AM
For your information, it has at least two and anybody with a car can get there. One is right off the Cote Vertu subway and the other is somewhere in the West Island. I don't remember where but I've seen it. If someone really wanted to eat there, he'd find it.

I see, thanks for clearing that up. Someone else had mentioned the fact that there weren't any to his knowledge. I really haven't see any when I went there, two isn't that much for a big city like montreal. Guess they don't like them that much.

You should have went. Paul is a legend but he's going to die eventually. When he does, you can tell your friends you were at that show.

Ha, yeah I know. I was working so I couldn't make it.

HornyPope
07-22-2008, 12:15 AM
I see, thanks for clearing that up. Someone else had mentioned the fact that there weren't any to his knowledge. I really haven't see any when I went there, two isn't that much for a big city like montreal. Guess they don't like them that much.

Ha, yeah I know. I was working so I couldn't make it.

Work? That's what people in Ontario do.

Bipolar Bear
07-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Work? That's what people in Ontario do.

Yeah, Ontario is really civilized it's probably the only place in Canada where people work, and um, go to taco bell!

Going to sleep now.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sunny
07-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Chipotle is rad, but dude...chicken burritoage is 900 CALORIES. If I'm going to eat something that I know is 900 calories, I'm going to hit up Taco Bell. Can I get a hell yes for the crunchwrap?

i always get the burrito bol or whatever they call it. they add crack to the rice, i swear.

but yeah, hellfuckyes to the crunchwrap supreme. crunchy... cheesy... DELICIOUS.

F@ BANKZ
07-22-2008, 05:27 AM
I know I'm a disgrace, but genuinely I find Subway delicious.

Jakebert
07-22-2008, 09:37 AM
There's nothing wrong with liking Subway. Subway is one of the few fast food places that I've never heard someone refer to as crap.

Right now I'm actually trying to figure out if I want Quizno's or Taco Bell for lunch. We're out of stuff to eat at my house, so I'm going for fast food. Hmm. Decisions.

Zebulon
07-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Go to Quiznos, get the Chicken Carbonara, and change your life.

Little_Miss_1565
07-22-2008, 09:50 AM
There's nothing wrong with liking Subway. Subway is one of the few fast food places that I've never heard someone refer to as crap.

Then I am honored to be the first. Subway is a stain on sandwich joints.

Sunny
07-22-2008, 10:54 AM

Subway is utterly vile. it's also a mind-boggling phenomenon - it *looks* good and looks fresh, so you feel tempted to try it... and then you regret it, because it tastes like urine-soaked blandness. >_<

Quiznos, however, is delicious. or, well, their broccoli and cheddar soup is. absolutely amazing. i went into Quiznos in Dublin the other day and almost started a riot because they don't serve broc cheddar soup here. BLASPHEMERS.

WebDudette
07-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Could Subways in the New York area just be bad? I've honestly never thought Subway was an impressive place but it is decent.

I lovelovelvoe Chipotle of course. Taco Bell is always tasty if I don't mind feeling like a brick, I never get much more than bean burritos though. Speaking of, *Filiberto's bean and cheese burritos with guacamole, sour cream, and what ever else I feel like putting in it <3.

*Do places outside of AZ have these?

Carl's Jr. is always good.

The reining champion of cheap, mid-night snack, almost eatable food is Jack in the Box. I don't particularly like the food but I can never turn down 9 tacos for 3 dollars at 2am. Especially if we decide to go through the drive-thru backwards.

In-N-Out is good if you just want to take a nap after your heart-clogging 4x4 with animal fries.

Hmm... Del Taco also has good bean burritos.

This post makes me look like a Fast Food Fiend when in reality I don't eat out all that often.

Bipolar Bear
07-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Could Subways in the New York area just be bad? I've honestly never thought Subway was an impressive place but it is decent.

That's funny because on a trip to new york I remember thinking how their subways made such crappy food compared to the ones over here. Go figure.

0r4ng3
07-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I think Subway is pretty good, but then again I never really had good taste in anything.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-22-2008, 02:30 PM
My vote goes to Jimmy John's. They deliver and there's something more awesome about it that makes it better than Subway. I order a different thing off the menu every time I go and I've always been impressed. I still love Subway though.

And Taco Bell, even though everything has the same ingredients, I could probably just eat things off their menu for the rest of my life and not get sick of it. There's a couple things I get on a regular basis there.

White Castle is the best only because it's the least expensive and you're satisfied eating like 5 burgers, no matter how small they are.

ZeQuebecois
07-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Did you watch McCartney on stage yesterday?

Btw, here is one clip I liked

I can't say the rendition really did a lot to me but it's an excellent live performance, the crowd is really into it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MbOfsxHruu4

Yeah I saw it live on TV 'cause I didn't have a lift to pick me there ^^, and I don't know him enough. But there was like... 200 000 persons who shown there, coming from everywhere (Just to tell you in the whole province we're 7 mil. :D). And everybody liked that, I mean there was people who were watching it on a giant screen behind the stage, where everything was hidden, and McArtney went there a few times to thank them... And he gave lots of autographs and all these stuffs... Which is a pretty nice move by him:cool: ( The organisation that prepared the show got 200 mil. $ benefits only with this, which is more that they spent for the whole summer !)
I just hope now that Celine Dion won't beat him! :rolleyes:

Offspring-Junkie
07-23-2008, 11:36 AM
I love Subway. At least in Vienna and Berlin.

Oxygene
07-24-2008, 09:50 AM
I tried In-N-Out because that's Dexter's favorite fast food chain (and I love fast food..) so when I was in Vegas I just had to try it, and it is the best fucking fast food I've ever had.

So I go for In-N-Out

Quality you can taste! :)

Llamas
07-24-2008, 02:33 PM
ahaha, gotta love Döner kebabs! they are excellent in Poland, i must say. however, if you're ever in Dublin, do yourself a favor and avoid that shit like the plague. especially Abrakebabra and Momo's Kebabs. omfg. so nast. my mens and i almost vommed... i was like "try this, it's good" and it turned out to be absolutely repulsive. holy shit.

Haha, well like I said earlier in the thread, the farther away from Germany you get, the worse the Kebaps are. I tried one in Sweden and in England, and they were both disgusting. Like, I couldn't finish them. But in Austria they were amazing. I've heard they're awesome in Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Czech... and heard they're nasty in all of Scandinavia, the UK, Ireland, and Australia (wtf? they have them there?).

Then I am honored to be the first. Subway is a stain on sandwich joints.

Subway is utterly vile. it's also a mind-boggling phenomenon - it *looks* good and looks fresh, so you feel tempted to try it... and then you regret it, because it tastes like urine-soaked blandness. >_<

Quiznos, however, is delicious. or, well, their broccoli and cheddar soup is. absolutely amazing. i went into Quiznos in Dublin the other day and almost started a riot because they don't serve broc cheddar soup here. BLASPHEMERS.

Agreed, agreed, agreed. WTF NO CHEESY BROC SOUP?? I had an argument with a coworker a few years ago about whether or not Quizno's had the best cheddar broc soup for a sandwich shop... she was SURE that Erbert's and Gerbert's was just as good. She was very wrong... Quizno's has the best in the land. And not having it is serious blasphemy.

[[Meli.x]]
07-25-2008, 04:48 PM
im not really a fan of fast food...
its okay once in a while.. but i couldnt eat it all the time.
Ive never tried a subway because everytime im within 10 foot of one, i can smell nothing but puke.. it shocks me people can put something that smells so vile in their mouth... i never have, and never will.
The only things i like from macdonalds are the mcflurries and the milkshakes... the rest all has way too many pickled gerkins.
I like Burger king though.. thats okay.

My favourite small chain one used to be Starburger... the food was good, i particularly liked the hawaiian pizza from there.. but then my boyfriend saw them doing drugs while cooking.
i havnt eaten anything from there since...

but i generally prefer home cooked stuff... at least i know what goes into it XD