PDA

View Full Version : Pandemic 2

0r4ng3
07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
An addictive flash game. Infect the world. Kill everything. Good luck with Madagascar.

http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Pandemic-2.html

Rooster
07-23-2008, 04:49 PM
w00t! I'm going to infect the planet with a "trojan horse" disease :D

Btw, how do you change what it says under your user name from "senior member" to something else?

0r4ng3
07-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Quick Links -> Edit Your Details

Rooster
07-23-2008, 04:57 PM
I was told that you can do it if you have at least 500 posts and that there would be some box to type anything in, but i don't see it...

Homer
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM
I played this game a while ago... almost managed to wipe out the world with a virus, but there were a couple of nations that were too stubborn to get infected.

Sunny
07-23-2008, 05:37 PM
oh my god... i spent a good part of last night playing it. amazingly addictive. ran into a strange predicament though: my disease is parasitic in nature (named killa mc flufferson, fyi). the entire world ends up infected. like, alive population = infected population. however, i spent all my points on building up heat, moisture, etc resistances and increasing infectibility... so i ended up with like 4 points, the whole world infected, people dying very slowly... and no serious/lethal symptoms or money to buy them with. all the symptoms i had were weak-ass. i left my computer open for like 5 hours hoping i'd 1) get enough points to unlock tier III symptoms and kill some fuckers off... or 2) they would die on their own from dehydration and fever. except NOT. ugh. pissed. =/

Rooster
07-23-2008, 05:42 PM
I managed to wipe out entire Africa, but i played only 15 minutes.

The box finally appeared, i'm not senior member anymore :D

Rag Doll
07-23-2008, 07:51 PM
they play this on the forum my mens posts on too. he sent me this comic last night, after getting me addicted to it.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7433/1216277700542cz7.jpg

plz click, its funny <3

Apathy
07-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Edit: I've figured most of this out but I have several questions I can't answer. 1: How do I combat steps the countries take to stop me? Ex: Getting across closed borders. 2: Is there any way to get disease points other than waiting? 3: What course of action do I take against a vaccine being developed? 4: Is there any way to read the news updates from before. Occasionally six things will pop up at once and I'll miss a couple.

Apathy
07-23-2008, 09:30 PM
This game is bothering me. It seems fun, but ultimately impossible to win. As far as I can tell if a country shuts down borders/airports/shipyards before your disease spreads there, they are impossible to infect. Furthermore, as soon as the vaccine is complete it is impossible to infect anyone new at all.

Is there any way at all to win this? If not I'm mad that I wasted all this time.

Homer
07-23-2008, 10:54 PM
As far as I can tell if a country shuts down borders/airports/shipyards before your disease spreads there, they are impossible to infect.

You'd be correct.

Furthermore, as soon as the vaccine is complete it is impossible to infect anyone new at all.

False. It needs to be spread throughout the world before it takes effect. You can also upgrade your virus's drug resistance to combat the vaccine. You'd know that if you read the descriptions of each upgrade.

Is there any way at all to win this?

Yes, there is, but it's hard.

Sunny
07-24-2008, 02:31 AM
This game is bothering me. It seems fun, but ultimately impossible to win. As far as I can tell if a country shuts down borders/airports/shipyards before your disease spreads there, they are impossible to infect. Furthermore, as soon as the vaccine is complete it is impossible to infect anyone new at all.

Is there any way at all to win this? If not I'm mad that I wasted all this time.

yes, it's possible, but you have to keep your visibility low. if you have a disease that makes the infected very obvious, countries will start shutting down sooner.

i managed to successfully infect every person on earth. so. *shrugs*

Sunny
07-24-2008, 02:51 AM
they play this on the forum my mens posts on too. he sent me this comic last night, after getting me addicted to it.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7433/1216277700542cz7.jpg

plz click, its funny <3

ahahah. awesome!

Endymion
07-24-2008, 03:25 AM
the entire world has died of Itchy Snatch.

Rooster
07-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Entire Europe, Africa, Asia and Indonesia have been wiped out because of trojan horse. My strategy wasn't quite right, otherwise the entire world would have been wiped out...

Rag Doll
07-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Squeaflax has killed the entire world's population. weeoo.

RickyCrack
07-24-2008, 03:02 PM
"hand banana" has wiped out the entire human population

WebDudette
07-24-2008, 10:13 PM
the entire world has died of Itchy Snatch.

I won't lie, I liked your disease more when I thought it was Itchy Scratchy.

HeadAroundU
07-24-2008, 11:47 PM
I created famous and immune HAU virus. Hehe. I infected just a half of the world. I wanted to make them emo with depression and blindness but I accidentally clicked the advertisement...game over. :D

My best game was everything infected except Madagaskar and New Zeland.

Endymion
07-25-2008, 03:49 AM
once again the world has been destroyed thanks to Dripping Cooch.

Sunny
07-25-2008, 04:03 AM
what's your virus strategy, endy? pray tell. so far, the only way i've managed to infect the whole world was with a parasite...which takes FOREVERS.

Endymion
07-25-2008, 04:12 AM
first i pick a nasty sounding adjective, and then a slang word for the vaginal area. Itchy Snatch, Dripping Cooch, Puffy Beef Curtains, Avian Bearded Clam, etc.

i generally play virus. sell off any symptoms right away. i buy all the transmission vectors and level 1 of all resistances... then i sit back and relax for a while. the low level of resistances will prevent spread too fast freaking people out, but it will spread slow and sure, with very low visibility. i save up evolution points, buying all tiers of symptoms while i wait. cross my fingers that shit gets to madagascar eventually, or that i started there (happened with Dripping Cooch). once people start freaking out (it does grow exponentially, after all) i quickly buy all resistances and the most infectious of symptoms to get the best spread i can at that point before they start closing airports et al. then it's sit back and wait for everyone to die. i've never had to worry about people curing the shit since i buy lvl 4 drug resistance and make it deadly and infectious enough that countries will close their hospitals before long.

Rooster
07-25-2008, 06:42 AM
Vaccine status: approximate days to completion: infinity

That's what mine says now. Trojan Horse strikes again... And this time no one will be left alive...

edit: started in Madagascar, by the way :D

edit: no one left alive now

adombomb222
07-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Last night I killed everyone in the world besides the people in Madagascar and Greenland. I used a virus, and kept its visibility and lethally low at the beginning, until it affected most of the regions. Then I increased affectability and lethality. When they tried to make a vaccine just before almost all the regions had gotten slowly infected, it said it would be finished in 200 days. (I had my resistance for drugs up all the way) When I added deadly symptoms that number jumped to over 2000 days till vaccine could be created. All in all it tool 134 days to kill most of the population.

WebDudette
07-25-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm incredibly lame. All of the worlds population died from Too Much Fun.

adombomb222
07-26-2008, 11:08 AM
So I was lucky enough to have my parasite begin in Madagascar... It took a long time but it infected the whole world and then I unleashed the deadly symptoms. THEN the disease window said my parasite was harmless and it'd take more to kill people... So it took even longer to get better symptoms and kill everyone, but it happened! =D

HeadAroundU
07-28-2008, 07:20 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/HAU-1.jpg
(virus)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/harmlessbacteria.jpg
Ololol, I wiped all out with "harmless" bacteria.