PDA

View Full Version : Attend A Private Offspring Performance/Taping

cool 2 hate 681
07-23-2008, 07:19 PM
The Offspring want you to join them for a special free show taping in West Los Angeles, CA for Yahoo! Music's Nissan Live Sets.

Date: August 4, 2008
Time: 7 pm (subject to change, you need to arrive two hours before)

The first 200 fans to email will get in the doors for this exclusive free taping. Plus you get to bring a friend. Just email your nameand your location, and you will be contacted if you are chosen to attend.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS

You must be at least 13 years old to attend. Fans under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. You must provide your own transportation and accommodations (if necessary).

source the bands mailing list

Polish
07-23-2008, 07:36 PM
You should probably delete this so they don't end up getting a ton of spam.

Edit: But yeah, I got this too :)

cool 2 hate 681
07-23-2008, 07:40 PM
You should probably delete this so they don't end up getting a ton of spam.

Edit: But yeah, I got this too :)

i edited my post;) but it looks like yahoo will be recording this show i wonder how many songs they will play?

Polish
07-23-2008, 07:42 PM
i edited my post;) but it looks like yahoo will be recording this show i wonder how many songs they will play?

I don't know but I hope I get in! I rarely go to offspring shows anymore because I hate the bigger stadium shows. This seems like a smaller private show right up my alley! :D

Rag Doll
07-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Please provide a link to this information so we can verify this is legit. Thanks.

cool 2 hate 681
07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Please provide a link to this information so we can verify this is legit. Thanks.

sorry i don't have a link just a email from the bands mailing list which is do_not_reply @offspring.com i can take a screenshoot of the email if you want

Polish
07-23-2008, 09:06 PM

It's legit. This was an email that was sent out. If you think that this means post your info here, then you are a tad confused :P

I believe this email was sent out via the offspring mailing list, but i'm not sure. He took out the address you were supposed to mail as they would just get completely spammed. If they're only looking for 200 people, i'm sure they've already got them by now.

Rag Doll
07-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Naw, that's cool. Just put in your main post where you got the information from, please. The mailing list is targeted, so not everyone got that email (hence why I had no idea where you got this information from). Thanks =)

cool 2 hate 681
07-23-2008, 09:10 PM
ok i edited my original post sorry for the mix up

brothadave79
07-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Seems like the West Coast people got it. I did not here in New York.

jonbb11
07-23-2008, 10:18 PM
I sent out my reply email but havent received a reply yet. Can anyone inform me if they have received a reply. I would like to know if I should keep my hopes up or not.

cool 2 hate 681
07-23-2008, 10:20 PM
I sent out my reply email but havent received a reply yet. Can anyone inform me if they have received a reply. I would like to know if I should keep my hopes up or not.

i got this

Your email has been received and is currently being processed. Please note, if you did not include your NAME and your LOCATION, you will not be considered for the guest list. If you are being considered we will contact you shortly.

Your email address is saved in our system. Make sure to ALWAYS respond using the same address.

KHWHD
07-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I sent one out too, but most likely it's for the states only. Sucks that they don't do more stuff like that on the East coast, or even better in Toronto. :(

KHWHD
07-23-2008, 10:22 PM
i got this

Your email has been received and is currently being processed. Please note, if you did not include your NAME and your LOCATION, you will not be considered for the guest list. If you are being considered we will contact you shortly.

Your email address is saved in our system. Make sure to ALWAYS respond using the same address.

Yep, I got the same one too.

Conspiracyof1000
07-23-2008, 10:30 PM
WHY IS IT ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!? WHY!? *runs off crying* :(

Polish
07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
i got this

Awww I didn't get that :(

KHWHD
07-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah, it's an auto response email I think. Cause I thought everyone got that email.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5321/70188665lx2.jpg

jonbb11
07-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah i got that response also. Thanks for responding everyone and if you do receive an email other than that automated response please keep me posted. Hopefully i get one also!!

jonbb11
07-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Hey I know there's already a thread on this but I was wondering if anyone has received an additional email besides the confirmation one for the Offspring private show for the Yahoo Nissan Live Set. I have only received that one email and I am hoping (and praying) that I eventually receive a follow up email. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated!!

Rag Doll
07-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Since the thread was so recent, next time please just bump the thread. Thanks.

Threads merged.

jonbb11
07-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Sorry... thanks for the heads up

Stylie
07-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Wow, cool. But why is this? "tape"/"taping"? What does that mean? Is it like their gonna make a music video and need people? xD

Is it just USA people that recived the e-mail, maybe? Many questions, but I'm so interested, heheh.

hshduppsnt
07-24-2008, 05:24 PM
so question is... for those of us out west that emailed and want to go... how many of us got a response... because I literally replied like a minute after I got that email and only got the yahoo auto-response so far...

EDIT: So did not everyone get the auto-response? and after that its comforting to know no one else got a reply because i was going to be sad if I didn't make it considering how quickly I replied (I never get into these things) - but i was thrown off by we will contact you shortly if you're being considered or whatever hahaha

Stylie
07-24-2008, 05:30 PM
nd after that its comforting to know no one else got a reply because i was going to be sad if I didn't make it considering how quickly I replied (I never get into these things) - but i was thrown off by we will contact you shortly if you're being considered or whatever hahaha

Hehahah, I can understand that. :)

hshduppsnt
07-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow, cool. But why is this? "tape"/"taping"? What does that mean? Is it like their gonna make a music video and need people? xD

Is it just USA people that recived the e-mail, maybe? Many questions, but I'm so interested, heheh.

even less I think it was just west coast people.
But I guess Yahoo does some summer concert stuff (I went to the site and saw some weezer and other stuff up there) so yeah its like a small concert i guess that they're recording.
beyond that im not entirely sure

Stylie
07-24-2008, 05:44 PM
even less I think it was just west coast people.
But I guess Yahoo does some summer concert stuff (I went to the site and saw some weezer and other stuff up there) so yeah its like a small concert i guess that they're recording.
beyond that im not entirely sure

Ah, I see. Thanks. :)

Rag Doll
07-24-2008, 05:45 PM
The east coast of the US didn't get it. I'm sure it was a very targeted email based on where you live and how likely it is that you can get to that area on the date specified.

Good luck to everyone that entered for it. Wish they'd have something like that in NYC.

KHWHD
07-24-2008, 06:06 PM
The east coast of the US didn't get it. I'm sure it was a very targeted email based on where you live and how likely it is that you can get to that area on the date specified.

Good luck to everyone that entered for it. Wish they'd have something like that in NYC.

Didn't get what? Selected to go? How do you know that?

Rag Doll
07-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Didn't get the email. I was agreeing with what hshduppsnt said about who got the email and who did not.

Though, I can't really see them picking people that are not from the area in which they are doing the concert. Why pick a whole bunch of people from New York or Iowa or Georgia, when it's in California? You'll end up with a bunch of winners that can't go and they'll have to pick new people anyways.

KHWHD
07-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Though, I can't really see them picking people that are not from the area in which they are doing the concert. Why pick a whole bunch of people from New York or Iowa or Georgia, when it's in California? You'll end up with a bunch of winners that can't go and they'll have to pick new people anyways.

That sounds like a logical explanation but who is to say someone might send an email and say they're from say Cali when in reality they live in say Florida? Know what I mean? I highly doubt they're going to be checking the emails through IP addresses or doing traces. Not trying to argue cause I know there's no way in hell I'd get picked (cause I'm in Canada) but you know how many fake people and liers are out there and would do just about anything to go to something like this.

Rag Doll
07-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Well, for one thing, the email obviously didn't go out to everyone, so I doubt that was really something they'd think of. The amount of people that would do that is so small, since no one except those targeted would even know about the email (except that it was mentioned here).

I'd imagine they'll ask people where they're from if they're selected, or if the date works, or whatever. That way they can quickly get more people if need be.

jonbb11
07-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah i havent gotten a repsonse yet other than that automated response. I guess they're still tallying up who can go and where they're located. The response should arrive soon hence the fact that the automated response said that we would get an automated response "shortly."

hshduppsnt
07-24-2008, 08:37 PM
they emailed us, quick, reply!

I got mine in, now I gotta find a way to come up with good questions

also hope my friend gets off work in time

KHWHD
07-24-2008, 08:41 PM

Awesome! Have a great time!! Can't wait to see pics. :D :cool:

hshduppsnt
07-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Awesome! Have a great time!! Can't wait to see pics. :D :cool:

thanks!

they have a huge disclaimer in the email being like no cell phones no Anything bah!

so... we'll see what happens hahaha - also if you give Clever Insightful questions apparently you might become part of the taping... sadly I am neither clever nor insightful... but who knows, maybe (though I doubt it) the guys will stick around after to talk to people a bit?

meh I'm just excited i almost always fail at getting these things

KHWHD
07-24-2008, 08:52 PM
thanks!

they have a huge disclaimer in the email being like no cell phones no Anything bah!

so... we'll see what happens hahaha - also if you give Clever Insightful questions apparently you might become part of the taping... sadly I am neither clever nor insightful... but who knows, maybe (though I doubt it) the guys will stick around after to talk to people a bit?

meh I'm just excited i almost always fail at getting these things

Well you're damn lucky!! Have a great time, and if you can't bring your friend... then I'm available for Aug.4th. Hehehe... always wanted to go to California. :p ;)

Rag Doll
07-24-2008, 09:04 PM
awww, hshduppsnt! i'm so excited for you. couldn't happen to a cooler guy. and you've been here forever, so that's always super nice that you get to do this =)

Have a great time and definitely let everyone know about it!!

cool 2 hate 681
07-24-2008, 09:07 PM
have fun hshduppsnt:)

i wish i could go:(

jonbb11
07-24-2008, 09:11 PM
sadly i havent gotten any email like that so im gonna have to face the fact that i didnt get picked. hey do you know where the venue for the taping is?? where is this going to be held??

hshduppsnt
07-24-2008, 09:17 PM
awww, hshduppsnt! i'm so excited for you. couldn't happen to a cooler guy. and you've been here forever, so that's always super nice that you get to do this =)

Have a great time and definitely let everyone know about it!!

I appreciate the kind words :) - that's nice of you to say, I'll definitely come on that night and write up everything I can remember

have fun hshduppsnt:)

i wish i could go:(

thanks - too bad you couldn't - I had you pegged as one of the so cal people who would probably go.

Anyone else going?

jonbb11
07-24-2008, 09:18 PM
where is this taping going to be held??

KHWHD
07-24-2008, 09:19 PM
where is this taping going to be held??

You're pretty anxious to know huh? Why, what are you planning on doing? :confused:

jacknife737
07-24-2008, 09:20 PM

Wow man, congrats and have a blast! Be sure to update the BBS with a post-show review!

jonbb11
07-24-2008, 09:21 PM
ya sorry if it sounds like im crazy or something but im going to exercise every option i have to go. maybe i know someone who works at the venue. who knows but maybe i should have some hope... i live in the heart of West LA so it would be a shame if i missed this.

hshduppsnt
07-24-2008, 09:24 PM
ya sorry if it sounds like im crazy or something but im going to exercise every option i have to go. maybe i know someone who works at the venue. who knows but maybe i should have some hope... i live in the heart of West LA so it would be a shame if i missed this.

ahoy -

the last email they sent out didn't say where the taping is, they gave an address for a parking lot in century city then said they would shuttle us to the studio haha

sorry I can't give you more info (aside from the parking lot) - nissan live sets with yahoo though, if you know anyone with that.

jonbb11
07-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey thanks a lot for letting me know. Have fun and let us all know how it goes!!

Enjoi
07-24-2008, 09:27 PM
I wanna go to that. It would be fun.

Camilamazed
07-25-2008, 07:42 AM
WOW. The same place I saw Alanis Morissette early this year. And the email is totally like the one I got. So this information must be true.

Well, as far as I know it's going to be taped ina Fox Studios.

This is the adress:

CPW Parking Structure
2030 Century Park West
Century City, CA 90067

No telephones or cameras allowed. If you have any of this they won't even let you go in the bus they provide.

It's an amazing experience being that close to your favorite band.

Stylie
07-25-2008, 11:45 AM
WOW. The same place I saw Alanis Morissette early this year. And the email is totally like the one I got. So this information must be true.

This is the adress:

CPW Parking Structure
2030 Century Park West
Century City, CA 90067

No telephones or cameras allowed. If you have any of this they won't even let you go in the bus they provide.

It's an amazing experience being that close to your favorite band.

Lucky bastards that got invited. :/
I would seriously considered to take a plain to USA (on a vacation, in a way) if I got invited.

Camilamazed
07-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Stylie, I haven't been invited yet. I sent an email and got the auto response. I still don't have the follow ups. I know the adress because I've been there last April to see Alanis.

Regarding questions, I don't know if it will be the same with the Offsping, but with Alanis, the chosen fans didn't ask what they want, they had to read a question in a piece of paper.

=(

KHWHD
07-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Stylie, I haven't been invited yet. I sent an email and got the auto response. I still don't have the follow ups. I know the adress because I've been there last April to see Alanis.

Regarding questions, I don't know if it will be the same with the Offsping, but with Alanis, the chosen fans didn't ask what they want, they had to read a question in a piece of paper.

=(

So you're in MD? Interesting cause someone else thought that they'd only be emailing people back that live in the LA area. Maybe other people have a chance cause I'm not very geographical, but I do know that MD is pretty far away from LA. (My kids' Dad live in Reistertown.)

Enjoi
07-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Now why didn't i get invited?!!?

Rag Doll
07-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Cammie wasn't invited though. She got an auto response, which would go to a penguin in Antarctica if they could email that address. I doubt she'll actually get an invite (no offense, Cammie...you know what I mean).

KHWHD
07-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Cammie wasn't invited though. She got an auto response, which would go to a penguin in Antarctica if they could email that address. I doubt she'll actually get an invite (no offense, Cammie...you know what I mean).

I never said she was. I thought she said she had the same thing (same place) when she saw Alantis Morrisett or whatever her name is. And won tickets to see her.

Enjoi
07-25-2008, 09:58 PM
I never said she was. I thought she said she had the same thing (same place) when she saw Alantis Morrisett or whatever her name is. And won tickets to see her.

Ya so stfu Rag Doll.

Conspiracyof1000
07-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Now that I'm calmed down a little, I realized it's not the first day of school, it's the day before, but I'm still busy with student council. So that email will sit patiently in my inbox, with no one to reply. :(

KHWHD
07-25-2008, 09:59 PM

This is the adress:

CPW Parking Structure
2030 Century Park West
Century City, CA 90067

This is what I'm talking about.

Rag Doll
07-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Ya so stfu Rag Doll.

No reason for hostility. Do it again and earn yourself a warning.

This is what I'm talking about.

Ohright. You're pretty new here, so. Cammie didn't always live in Maryland. She used to live much closer to California (I'm thinking somewhere in Mexico, where she frequented California pretty often, but I might be confusing her with another girl that posts here). She may have been living there or told them she lived there when that concert took place? I don't know, she'll have to answer that =)

KHWHD
07-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Ohright. You're pretty new here, so. Cammie didn't always live in Maryland. She used to live much closer to California (I'm thinking somewhere in Mexico, where she frequented California pretty often, but I might be confusing her with another girl that posts here). She may have been living there or told them she lived there when that concert took place? I don't know, she'll have to answer that =)

Makes sense. Yeah, I'm new. But you must see my reasoning behind what I said. Not trying to start shit, because that is not why I'm here. I'm here for all the same reasons everyone else is. We ALL LOVE THE OFFSPRING. I'm not upset (no reason to be.) :)

Rag Doll
07-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Ohno, I totally see your reasoning! Just trying to give what might be an explanation =). Didn't want you to think I was being a bitch about it. =D

Stylie
07-26-2008, 01:45 AM

=(

Ok...so you live nearby? If so, pitty if you don't get invited.

Oxygene
07-26-2008, 03:48 AM

=(

If you don't get invited get in touch

Camilamazed
07-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Well, I didn't get the email from the mailing list. I actually haven't been getting them in a while.

I live in MD yes, but I would have no problem flying there for this show. I would give up Virgin Mobile and other 2 Alanis concerts to go there because that's the closest I could ever get from the band.

Enjoi, I've not been properly invited yet. I got only the first email, and my friend who lives in LA, very close to the venue hasn't either. We're standing by.

Sam, I've always lived in Brazil, never been to Mexico and had never been to California until the day I got invited for Nissan Yahoo live Sets.

I flew from MD to LA and I said on the email that I lived far and wanted to go. The girl that introduced the show was from Philadelphia. As far as I know it doesn't matter where you are from, as long as you provide transportation. Well, at least for that performance it didn't matter.

There must be another reason why not all the member didn't get the mailing list email. They've not been targeted and also that some other people didn't get the confirmation email.

YES. It was the same place and will be the same pllace because it's where all the shows for Yahoo Sets are taped there. And you guys won't get tickets. Your names will be on a list. So just bring an I.D and nothing else.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/livesets/...9&vid=59775706

This is the link for the show I've been to. I'm in most of the videos. And if you are patient enough to see heh and want to check there are other shows, including Foo Fighters and then you will see the shows are all held there.

Rag Doll
07-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Totally confusing you with Anya then. Sorry =)

But I do know this email was definitely targeted and it seems to have been targeted only to those that live on the west coast. They may have a reason for doing that, having to do with location.

Stylie
07-26-2008, 09:51 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lj17IQXa5jU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=des9L7rWfr4

Found some videos of the "Yahoo Nissan Live Set"-thing. Cool that Offspring is gona be there! :D Pro-shots.

Camilamazed
07-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Totally confusing you with Anya then. Sorry =)

But I do know this email was definitely targeted and it seems to have been targeted only to those that live on the west coast. They may have a reason for doing that, having to do with location.

That's what I thought at first, Anya! That's ok.

But Sam, my friend who had the the other two times I'd been to LA didn't get the mailing list nor the follow up emails. He lives acorss the street from where they pick the audience. That's why I thought it was weird.

Rag Doll
07-26-2008, 10:00 AM
That's strange. Now, he won tickets to see other artists through this thing before? Maybe they like...disqualified him or something?

Too bad they never explain in depth why some people get certain emails and others dont.

Camilamazed
07-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah, both of my friends were there for Alanis. But the thing is, we've got the first email saying we were one of the 200. That's what I don't get.

I'm going to wait 'till Monday and see what happens. If I didn't get a response, I'll send another email asking about it.

KHWHD
07-26-2008, 10:10 AM
YES. It was the same place and will be the same pllace because it's where all the shows for Yahoo Sets are taped there. And you guys won't get tickets. Your names will be on a list. So just bring an I.D and nothing else.

Ok, was just making sure. Thanks.

hshduppsnt
07-26-2008, 03:01 PM
That's strange. Now, he won tickets to see other artists through this thing before? Maybe they like...disqualified him or something?

Too bad they never explain in depth why some people get certain emails and others dont.

yeah that doesn't make sense... I have some of the worst luck ever and got an email so something confusing is definitely going on haha...

can someone answer this... what is actually the point of these nissan yahoo live sets or whatever? Seems like an odd event... (not that im complaining :))

Camilamazed
07-26-2008, 04:09 PM
I think it's just a promotion for the CDs, most of the artists performed had their new CDs coming out.

=)

Stylie
07-26-2008, 04:46 PM
I think it's just a promotion for the CDs, most of the artists performed had their new CDs coming out.

=)

Maybe they're gonna play new new songs?

jacknife737
07-26-2008, 06:26 PM
can someone answer this... what is actually the point of these nissan yahoo live sets or whatever? Seems like an odd event... (not that im complaining :))

Like others have mentioned, new album promotion.

RonWelty
07-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Well, im envy.

Camilamazed
07-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Maybe they're gonna play new new songs?

Well, I hope so...

I'm sad my friends from LA and I didn't get the proper invitation. We got the first emails saying we were one of the 200, but no follow ups.

I'm not flying to LA...

:(

ZbadhabitZ
07-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Well, I hope so...

I'm sad my friends from LA and I didn't get the proper invitation. We got the first emails saying we were one of the 200, but no follow ups.

I'm not flying to LA...

Did you get the one saying; "Good for you. You are one of the first 200 to email us for Nissan Live Sets on Yahoo! Music!

If you have properly submitted your info as requested, your name and your guest’s name will be on the guest list. Photo ID is required for entry from all guests..."

If so, that seems like all you need to gain entry.

Camilamazed
07-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Did you get the one saying; "Good for you. You are one of the first 200 to email us for Nissan Live Sets on Yahoo! Music!

If you have properly submitted your info as requested, your name and your guest’s name will be on the guest list. Photo ID is required for entry from all guests..."

If so, that seems like all you need to gain entry.

We have this email. But I remember when we got invited to see Alanis, we got more than only one email. That's why we're kind of worried. I 'll tell my friends to try anyways.. I just can't go and risk not getting in. That would be fucked up.

ZbadhabitZ
07-29-2008, 09:07 AM
It definitely doesn't look like you should expect another e-mail. After all, it does say "your name and guests name will be on the guest list." I've never been to one of these events before, but since I'm new to it, I would arrive expecting entry, considering I submitted my information as requested and that e-mail (albeit is was an auto-reply) does say that I was one of the first 200, my name will be on the guestlist, etc.

Maybe after Aug 3 at noon, when the e-mail process closes, we can expect another e-mail with more concrete details? Although I'm not sure what else you'd need, we have the address, we have the time, seems solid to me :)

Stylie
07-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Well, I hope so...

I'm not flying to LA...

Yeah, that would be cool. :rolleyes:
If this show is to promote new albums, they should play many new songs...and it's gonna be taped!

EDIT: send them a mail, call them or something if you're unsure? They prob have a website with "contact us".

Little_Miss_1565
07-29-2008, 11:04 AM
I love that several forum members are going to be at this show.

killboybowerhead
07-29-2008, 11:04 AM
ha ya i fucked this up. I got so stoked I forgot to put my location lol. But I was out jogging when the email came so I doubt I would have been in the first 200. Hopefully its pretty rad for the people that go.

F@ BANKZ
07-29-2008, 11:37 AM
wtf I never received an e-mail.
Booo! *Points finger*

Edit: If anybody needs a friend... :p
Actually I shouldn't joke, I am genuinely infuriated right now.

Rutegard
07-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Well, im envy.

who isn't??

just the guys that are going...

mmaaannnn.....

i think the band should give a private concert (like in our backyards) to all of those forum members who hadn't the chance to come to this gig!! am i right or what? eheh :p

F@ BANKZ
07-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Funny joke, but I'm sulking so I will refrain from saying lol.

Camilamazed
07-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Thing is, with this first email only, how is a person supposed to know what to do? The second one will give you all the information you need.

Did you guys get an email like this one?

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2475/nissan2tt0.jpg

IamSam
07-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Thing is, with this first email only, how is a person supposed to know what to do? The second one will give you all the information you need.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Camilamazed
07-29-2008, 12:06 PM
What's so hard to understand about that?

There is nothing hard to understand. I mean there is, I don't understand your question.

I'm asking the guys who have been invited if they got the second email. I can't risk flying all the way to LA and not be on that list. They said the first email should be okay, but I am afraid either way. So I wonder if they got the second email. That's all.

hshduppsnt
07-29-2008, 12:12 PM

I got 3 emails.

The first was the one sent by the list to email getmein@ymail
I then got an autoreply that said we will contact you shortly if you are in the first 200

Then a day later was the second email that looked a lot like the one you linked right there

Then I immediately replied to that and got this one that Zbadhabitz talked about

Good for you. You are one of the first 200 to email us for Nissan Live Sets on Yahoo! Music!

If you have properly submitted your info as requested, your name and your guests name will be on the guest list. Photo ID is required for entry from all guests.

Must be 13 years and older to attend. If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by an adult (someone at least 18 years of age) as your guest and we must have their name as it appears on their photo ID.

PLEASE NOTE if you have not properly submitted your information as previously requested we cannot guarantee entrance to the event.

I doubt there will be any other emails since the given information requested was simply whatever your name looks like on whatever piece of ID you want to use, along with your guest (and questions if you had any but yeah). So if you got those three I have to imagine you're getting in. And if anyone proves me wrong I'm going to be very Very sad... because I took this to mean i got in hahaha

Camilamazed
07-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Right, in one of these emails did you get the info like where you have to be, what time and so on?

This is the rest of the second email I'm talking about.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6285/nissan01bp2.jpg

hshduppsnt
07-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Right, in one of these emails did you get the info like where you have to be, what time and so on?

This is the rest of the second email I'm talking about.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6285/nissan01bp2.jpg

yes - the second email... before the third one (and last one i quoted above) is basically identical to what you sent just for this event/band. (i didn't quote this email above because it was big and im too lazy to make the effort) lol.

When I replied to that email I got the reply that says "good for you..."

ZbadhabitZ
07-29-2008, 05:22 PM
There is one more e-mail that you should receive AFTER the one you gave a screenshot of, Camilamazed. It's the one that I and hshduppsnt referenced, that said something like "Congratulations you are one of the first 200...if you submitted your information correctly then you will be on the list" (paraphrased).

The e-mail that you took a screenshot of, Camilamazed, is the one that already had the necessary information of where to be and what time. There was never any follow-up that had any more details other than what time the doors close and where to park. There was only the follow-up that I referenced above. I assume once we arrive at the parking location there will be someone with a guestlist and they'll shuttle us to the location where the filming will take place. Hope that helps you!!!

Camilamazed
07-29-2008, 06:01 PM
I got this email saying I was one of the 200. :)

So is that all I need? Thing is, I forgot the damn location. I was so excited I couldn't think.

They will shuttle you, then they will ask for your ID and stuff when you get to the studios.

dff_punk
07-29-2008, 06:03 PM
If it is true, congratulations then! :)

KHWHD
07-29-2008, 06:47 PM
I got this email saying I was one of the 200. :)

So is that all I need? Thing is, I forgot the damn location. I was so excited I couldn't think.

They will shuttle you, then they will ask for your ID and stuff when you get to the studios.

What the hell? I guess Canadians are excluded as always. :mad:

Camilamazed
07-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Send the email, just say you will be in LA for vacation and you want to see the show.

Go ahead. If you are willing to fly don't worry, they won't ask where you are from when you get there.

KHWHD
07-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Send the email, just say you will be in LA for vacation and you want to see the show.

Go ahead. If you are willing to fly don't worry, they won't ask where you are from when you get there.

Just seems like bullshit. Shit do they not understand that the USA AND Canada are North America? Meaning we're all living on the same continent? Like say for instance someone lives in NY (Buffalo) that is a 2 hour drive (south) from me. They get picked, and I don't because I'm in Canada? Just doesn't make sense to me. Not pissed at you hun, just don't understand why Canadians never get picked for special (to me it is) stuff like this.

brothadave79
07-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Just seems like bullshit. Shit do they not understand that the USA AND Canada are North America? Meaning we're all living on the same continent? Like say for instance someone lives in NY (Buffalo) that is a 2 hour drive (south) from me. They get picked, and I don't because I'm in Canada? Just doesn't make sense to me. Not pissed at you hun, just don't understand why Canadians never get picked for special (to me it is) stuff like this.

Shank, I didn't get the email either and I'm a stalwart American hailing from the great state of New York. They're just filtering who is most likely to actually attend the show based on geography, not wanting any empty spots in the crowd.

KHWHD
07-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Shank, I didn't get the email either and I'm a stalwart American hailing from the great state of New York. They're just filtering who is most likely to actually attend the show based on geography, not wanting any empty spots in the crowd.

I understand that. You did notice that Camilamazed is from/lives in Maryland right? She's further away from LA then we are... lol.

Camilamazed
07-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Exactly. I'm far away and even though I got to be part of the audience once, and (once again) Shank, my friends who live in LA had the same problem. They're not sure if they're going or not.

They really picked the people they wanted which is really sad. I'm sure far-away fans would make it no matter what unlikely random people.

Where are all the fans from California? There aren't many in here, right?

KHWHD
07-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Exactly. I'm far away and even though I got to be part of the audience once, and (once again) Shank, my friends who live in LA had the same problem. They're not sure if they're going or not.

They really picked the people they wanted which is really sad. I'm sure far-away fans would make it no matter what unlikely random people.

Yes, there aren't as far as I know.

Polish
07-29-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm so butthurt I didn't get in on this show.

I responded within an hour of getting this email and I never got the damn autoresponder. This would have been a great show. I was going to bring one of my four 1986 self-titled releases and toss it on the stage. :mad:

Dexter_italy
07-30-2008, 03:46 AM
I was going to bring one of my four 1986 self-titled releases and toss it on the stage. :mad:

Why you would have done that? Oh wait I know... so the band would tell " hey they tossed a cd with offspringish artwork on it!!! " :D

Polish
07-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Why you would have done that? Oh wait I know... so the band would tell " hey they tossed a cd with offspringish artwork on it!!! " :D

A CD? You don't know what I'm talking about.

Camilamazed
07-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Polish, have you sent an email to confirm@yahoolivesets?

Polish
07-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Polish, have you sent an email to confirm@yahoolivesets?

Nope.

I never got the autoresponder when I first replied to the initial email so this is the first i've heard of that email address. I'll try sending an email off and see what comes of it. Thanks :)

Polish
07-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Weird....

I just got the email that states:

"Good for you. You are one of the first 200 to email us for Nissan Live Sets exclusive Offspring event on Yahoo! Music!"

I wonder if you automatically get this email when you email that address or if my original reply to this email address actually made it.

Polish
07-30-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm going to have my friend randomly email the confirm@yahoolivesets and see if he gets the autoresponder back too

Polish
07-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Hahaha....

Totally lame. I had my friend email that address and he got the autoresponder saying he was the first 200. I got excited for a quick second...but then seeing that, I'm not holding my breath. Lame. :(

Camilamazed
07-30-2008, 06:21 PM
But if I were you and live close to the palce where the shuttle will be, I would go. Print the email and go. You have got nothing to lose.

=)

Dexter_italy
07-31-2008, 03:57 AM
A CD? You don't know what I'm talking about.

a vinyl? but what's the point of throwing it on the stage? really maybe I didn't really understand :)

F@ BANKZ
07-31-2008, 07:04 AM
He has three if I remember correctly; I support the idea.

Polish
07-31-2008, 12:58 PM
a vinyl? but what's the point of throwing it on the stage? really maybe I didn't really understand :)

It's their very first release from 1986. I think they would enjoy seeing their original release that is over 22 years old now. Plus, it seems like the people that are going were asked to bring questions. One of my i'll be waiting singles may be my ticket in the door as it would definitely be a fantastic conversation piece.

Dexter_italy
07-31-2008, 05:14 PM
It's their very first release from 1986. I think they would enjoy seeing their original release that is over 22 years old now. Plus, it seems like the people that are going were asked to bring questions. One of my i'll be waiting singles may be my ticket in the door as it would definitely be a fantastic conversation piece.

Ok now I got the point, I understood that during the show you wanted to throw your copy on stage...and that woul be pointless wouldn't it... :D I'd like to get my copy signed too if I'd got a chance. When they'll come here I'll see. I know for sure I won't get it signed by Pete :D

Offspringinsane
07-31-2008, 10:25 PM

I'm a californian fan. I got the E-mail to go to the live sets.
And I believe that only people from the area get invited since the place is really small. Also, even if people lie about their location they can check it because when you're a part of the offspring fan list you pit your real adress or most people would. Anyhow, I got picked for the show..
and i think they already got the 200 people.

I sended my e-mail with my name and the guest name and i got an auto response.

it says this:

The list for the exclusive event with The Offspring is now CLOSED. If you have not already received a confirmation email, you will not be on the list. Thank you for your interest! Any questions please email .... blah blah

so what does this mean?
does this mean i should wait for any more e-mails or that's it?
i think i didn't made it.

KHWHD
07-31-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm a californian fan. I got the E-mail to go to the live sets.
And I believe that only people from the area get invited since the place is really small. Also, even if people lie about their location they can check it because when you're a part of the offspring fan list you pit your real adress or most people would. Anyhow, I got picked for the show..
and i think they already got the 200 people.

I sended my e-mail with my name and the guest name and i got an auto response.

it says this:

The list for the exclusive event with The Offspring is now CLOSED. If you have not already received a confirmation email, you will not be on the list. Thank you for your interest! Any questions please email .... blah blah

so what does this mean?
does this mean i should wait for any more e-mails or that's it?
i think i didn't made it.

I hope you get to go. :)

Offspringinsane
07-31-2008, 11:01 PM
I hope you get to go. :)

thanks for the good wishes....
i don't think i made it though.
sux! i love Offspring!
i'm so sad.... :(

KHWHD
07-31-2008, 11:10 PM
thanks for the good wishes....
i don't think i made it though.
sux! i love Offspring!
i'm so sad.... :(

No doubt, I would be too. Maybe you can hang out near there and maybe catch a glimpse of them or something? Best of luck.

Offspringinsane
07-31-2008, 11:20 PM
No doubt, I would be too. Maybe you can hang out near there and maybe catch a glimpse of them or something? Best of luck.

yeah :( it sux to get your heart broken like that.
damn.. i'm going to be so sad if i don't get in.
the show is two days before my birthday!
damn it! hahaha i guess this wasn't for me!

hshduppsnt
08-01-2008, 01:14 AM
^ aww man... hopefully you can find a way to make it... especially since it worked out so randomly for other people...

so...

who on here did make it (or at least thinks they did)...

we should start a list -

i'll be there.

jonbb11
08-01-2008, 05:22 PM
^ aww man... hopefully you can find a way to make it... especially since it worked out so randomly for other people...

so...

who on here did make it (or at least thinks they did)...

we should start a list -

i'll be there.

Yeah believe it or not I got an email saying I got accepted like two or three days after you guys did. I got the confirmation email saying I was one of the 200 accepted so I'll be there. I live really close to there so it would've been a shame if I didn't make it. Should be a very fun evening!!

Camilamazed
08-01-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm sorry Priscila, but if you got that email, I don't think you made it.

ABassDrummer07
08-02-2008, 05:24 AM
I'm a big Offspring fan i never really post soooo yeah...

woot woot!!! i'm ditching work for this. if i didn't get in for sure for this show i would go to the one the day before at chain reaction it's closer to me than L.A.

Feen666
08-03-2008, 05:41 PM
For those that didn't get the third email you might want to check your spam folder.I just found mine there.

Stylie
08-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the boards. :)

SpLinteR
08-04-2008, 06:31 PM
So, the show is realy tonight?

Camilamazed
08-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Yes, the show is tonight.

jonbb11
08-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Hey so I just got back from the Offspring playing at the Yahoo! Nissan Live Set. It was such a fantastic experience and the guys were really appreciative of us being there. The crowd was so into it and I can't wait to see the end product as they said it should be available on Yahoo! for viewing on September 15th. They opened with Hammerhead, followed by You're Gonna Go Far Kid, then The Kids Aren't Alright, Pretty Fly For a White Guy, Come Out and Play, then I believe came the Q&A session where Noodles and Dexter answered. Gotta Get Away, Gone Away, Walla Walla, Want You Bad, Bad Habit, Staring at the Sun, Self Esteem (TWICE becuase of a lighting problem). I think that's it and the order could be a little wrong. The sound was great and overall it was just such a fulfilling evening. Hopefully after their journey to Japan the guys can come back and do it again!!

KHWHD
08-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey so I just got back from the Offspring playing at the Yahoo! Nissan Live Set. It was such a fantastic experience and the guys were really appreciative of us being there. The crowd was so into it and I can't wait to see the end product as they said it should be available on Yahoo! for viewing on September 15th. They opened with Hammerhead, followed by You're Gonna Go Far Kid, then The Kids Aren't Alright, Pretty Fly For a White Guy, Come Out and Play, then I believe came the Q&A session where Noodles and Dexter answered. Gotta Get Away, Gone Away, Walla Walla, Want You Bad, Bad Habit, Staring at the Sun, Self Esteem (TWICE becuase of a lighting problem). I think that's it and the order could be a little wrong. The sound was great and overall it was just such a fulfilling evening. Hopefully after their journey to Japan the guys can come back and do it again!!

That's awesome, glad it went so well and you enjoyed yourself. :)

jonbb11
08-04-2008, 11:42 PM
That's awesome, glad it went so well and you enjoyed yourself. :)

Yeah thanks!! There's just something incredible about it when those four guys all gather on the same stage with an instrument in hand. Their presence in front of an audience is nothing short of magical...

Gustavo
08-04-2008, 11:45 PM
OH MY DEAR LORD!
A friend of mine went to that concert, and she asked the guys an autograph for me...
And guess what?!
I HAVE AN AUTOGRAPH FROM THE OFFSPRING, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

hshduppsnt
08-05-2008, 12:19 AM
OH MY DEAR LORD!
A friend of mine went to that concert, and she asked the guys an autograph for me...
And guess what?!

awesome dude, congrats!

Yeah thanks!! There's just something incredible about it when those four guys all gather on the same stage with an instrument in hand. Their presence in front of an audience is nothing short of magical...

yeah tonight was a lot of fun right?
I particularly enjoyed yelling different things at them and having them respond (like getting Greg K's attention the first time, and actually getting him to wave the 2nd time)

the big uproar we gave Pete

or my friend asking Noodles what he did wrong when we heard they had to play Self Esteem twice

hahaha

or a proud moment for me :)
when they were asking what to play, people yelling out stuff
and I yell out blackball and dexter laughs, points at me and says "wow you guys are going deep there" haha :)

tonight I have to say concert wise, it was a little weird being in that crowd at first, seemed no one was sure what we were supposed to do, but those like 30/45 second lulls between each song started to become more and more entertaining...
(though ironically no amazing quotes that I can think of off the top of my head) - can't wait for the album tour :)

Jesus
08-05-2008, 02:03 AM
Dammit, I'm jealous again! Shame we have to wait till the 15th of september to see it :p. Hoped they would have played more rafrag though, atleast half truism or so to get a pro shot of that one!

Anyone asked them during the Q/A about info on a complete tour?

Zee
08-05-2008, 03:58 AM
Anyone asked them during the Q/A about info on a complete tour?

European tour is not this year.

Really cool shows lately it seems... I can't wait to see them now too.

Jesus
08-05-2008, 04:02 AM

Damn :(. I've been away for a while, so any info on it, links?

Zee
08-05-2008, 04:06 AM
Yeah, I was disappointed too. According to some sources it could've been in fall, but not. PMed you.

Jesus
08-05-2008, 04:31 AM
Thanks man

RobinoZombie
08-05-2008, 05:33 AM
wanna hit me up with any info aswell zee?:)

F@ BANKZ
08-05-2008, 06:03 AM
OH MY DEAR LORD!
And guess what?!

That is fairly amazing.

awesome dude, congrats!

I particularly enjoyed yelling different things at them and having them respond (like getting Greg K's attention the first time, and actually getting him to wave the 2nd time)

or my friend asking Noodles what he did wrong when we heard they had to play Self Esteem twice

hahaha

and I yell out blackball and dexter laughs, points at me and says "wow you guys are going deep there" haha :)

tonight I have to say concert wise, it was a little weird being in that crowd at first, seemed no one was sure what we were supposed to do, but those like 30/45 second lulls between each song started to become more and more entertaining...
(though ironically no amazing quotes that I can think of off the top of my head) - can't wait for the album tour :)

Ha, that is amazing (Grek K waving but I suppose the Blackball story was humorous too). Only next time try Hopeless!

Stylie
08-05-2008, 09:19 AM

1.: Heheh, that's cool. ^^
2.: Hah! What did he answer?
3.: That's just amazing. : D

Dammit, I'm jealous again! Shame we have to wait till the 15th of september to see it :p. Hoped they would have played more rafrag though, atleast half truism or so to get a pro shot of that one!
15th of september was...late. Gah. -_-
Yeah, I got surprised that they didn't play more RAFRAG stuff. But that's cool.

According to some sources it could've been in fall, but not. PMed you.

Hmmm...well, if they concider coming to Norway this year, it would be snow here then (it's summer and hot now, but not in the last part of the year). So, if they do european tour next year and come to Norway, the snow will probably be gone by then. :D But they're probably not coming... :/

hshduppsnt
08-05-2008, 11:36 AM
1.: Heheh, that's cool. ^^
2.: Hah! What did he answer?
3.: That's just amazing. : D

2. Noodles walked up the stage and was (not a direct quote but something to the effect of...)
"I dunno, but I must've done something wrong because now we have to do it again"
then he paused
"and wait, how'd you guys know it was me?"

haha

Stylie
08-05-2008, 11:44 AM
2. Noodles walked up the stage and was (not a direct quote but something to the effect of...)
"I dunno, but I must've done something wrong because now we have to do it again"
then he paused
"and wait, how'd you guys know it was me?"

haha

Heheh, great. I envy you guys so much...

angelsfan1
08-05-2008, 11:45 AM
awesome dude, congrats!

hahaha

I am a regular lurker here, but have never posted. I was at the taping last night. I was right near you hshduppsnt I belive because I remember the Blackball line. Dexter heard you and his eyes went wide and he was pointing and laughing. I was in the front row with the blue hat and blue t-shirt yelling out stuff to the guys. It was a great show with great sound and energy. Being able to be so close and talk with the band in between songs and have them answer was fun. We could yell stuff out and they would laugh and respond to everything.

We all met in a parking structure about a mile away from the FOX studios lot and were shuttled in by bus 25 people at a time.They told everyone not to have anything on them but their ID. We were then checked in through a security gate with a metal detector and and had to have our names checked off a list. We then waited in line about an hour until we went into the sound studio. We then had to be instructed on how to cheer and behave for all of cameras. They filmed us cheering and pretending to rock out to some music for the cut away shots. They then introduced the band and they came out to play. It sounded great! Then there was about about 45 seconds in between songs and the studio would get very quiet, so everyone started yelling stuff out. Some of the quotes I remember:

Noodles had a beer behind the amp and took a swig and everyone was yelling and he said "What did you expect me to be drinking!?"

People were yelling out "Burn It Up" and "Genocide" and Dexter asked if anyone there was at last nights Secret Show. We all yelled and he said " I thought you all looked familiar!".

Everyne started yelling out "Pete" and they were all laughing.

The Q & A session came after 5 songs and the questions were asked from random people in the audience. Only Noodles & Dexter were there in chairs. I can't remeber them all (6 questions I think). They asked aout about their first show they ever played and Noodles said it was in San Francisco and they were the first band to play one night and it was great to play where so many legends had played. Then someone from Brazil asked a question( dont remember) and then asked if they would come play in Brazil and Dexter said to Noodles "Brazil...Huh... I don't know, maybe?". A girl asked Dexter if he regrets not finishing all of his college and playing in a band instead and he said "No" only. The whole crowd laughed at this. Someone asked what was the most indulgent thing you have bought and Noodles said a guitar collection and that he just bought a 19 foot camper (someone yelled out "Thats Punk" which was hilarious)and Dexter said a "Russian Fighter Jet" and started laughing. Someone asked about the new albums message but I dont remember what they said. Someone asked about Dexter flying and he said he loves to do it and Noodles said he flys with Dexter allot and they had a "Scary 8 minutes in Germany in bad weather". A girl then asked what is the most embrassing songs on your IPOD and Dexter said " This may sound weird, but I dont have an IPOD" and everyone laughed and Noodles was thinking and people were yelling out stuff like "Britney" and he said "that's not embrassing I do have her songs, I would have to say a song by Traci Lords".
After every question the director would tell the audience "small applause" and Dexter would bust up laughing every time.

They then went through the rest of the songs and after Self Esteem the director guy said there was a lighting problem and they would have to do it again. Everyone was yelling that it was Noodles who messed up and he said
"I F'ed up during Kids but not that song!" .They said we would have to wait 3 minutes, so Dexter said lets play another song and they did. Then when it was time to play it again Dexter said "Everyone act like you've never heard this song before!". It was a great time and I cannot wait to see the finshed product on September 15th. To be able to be in that small of a setting and up close with the band was an amazing experience. Sorry if this review was long winded or a spoiler to anyone!

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 11:51 AM
I am a regular lurker here, but have never posted. I was at the taping last night. I was right near you hshduppsnt I belive because I remember the Blackball line. Dexter heard you and his eyes went wide and he was pointing and laughing. I was in the front row with the blue hat and blue t-shirt yelling out stuff to the guys. It was a great show with great sound and energy. Being able to be so close and talk with the band in between songs and have them answer was fun. We could yell stuff out and they would laugh and respond to everything.

We all met in a parking structure about a mile away from the FOX studios lot and were shuttled in by bus 25 people at a time.They told everyone not to have anything on them but their ID. We were then checked in through a security gate with a metal detector and and had to have our names checked off a list. We then waited in line about an hour until we went into the sound studio. We then had to be instructed on how to cheer and behave for all of cameras. They filmed us cheering and pretending to rock out to some music for the cut away shots. They then introduced the band and they came out to play. It sounded great! Then there was about about 45 seconds in between songs and the studio would get very quiet, so everyone started yelling stuff out. Some of the quotes I remember:

Noodles had a beer behind the amp and took a swig and everyone was yelling and he said "What did you expect me to be drinking!?"

People were yelling out "Burn It Up" and "Genocide" and Dexter asked if anyone there was at last nights Secret Show. We all yelled and he said " I thought you all looked familiar!".

The Q & A session came after 5 songs and the questions were asked from random people in the audience. Only Noodles & Dexter were there in chairs. I can't remeber them all (6 questions I think). They asked aout about their first show they ever played and Noodles said it was in San Francisco and they were the first band to play one night and it was great to play where so many legends had played. Then someone from Brazil asked a question( dont remember) and then asked if they would come play in Brazil and Dexter said to Noodles "Brazil...Huh... I don't know, maybe?". A girl asked Dexter if he regrets not finishing all of his college and playing in a band instead and he said "No" only. The whole crowd laughed at this. Someone asked what was the most indulgent thing you have bought and Noodles said a guitar collection and that he just bought a 19 foot camper (someone yelled out "Thats Punk" which was hilarious)and Dexter said a "Russian Fighter Jet" and started laughing. Someone asked about the new albums message but I dont remember what they said. Someone asked about Dexter flying and he said he loves to do it and Noodles said he flys with Dexter allot and they had a "Scary 8 minutes in Germany in bad weather". A girl then asked what is the most embrassing songs on your IPOD and Dexter said " This may sound weird, but I dont have an IPOD" and everyone laughed and Noodles was thinking and people were yelling out stuff like "Britney" and he said "that's not embrassing I do have her songs, I would have to say a song by Traci Lords".
After every question the director would tell the audience "small applause" and Dexter would bust up laughing every time.

They then went through the rest of the songs and after Self Esteem the director guy said there was a lighting problem and they would have to do it again. Everyone was yelling that it was Noodles who messed up and he said
"I F'ed up during Kids but not that song!" .They said we would have to wait 3 minutes, so Dexter said lets play another song and they did. Then when it was time to play it again Dexter said "Everyone act like you've never heard this song before!". It was a great time and I cannot wait to see the finshed product on September 15th. To be able to be in that small of a setting and up close with the band was an amazing experience. Sorry if this review was long winded or a spoiler to anyone!

Wow, it must have been amazing. I'm glad you had a great time, and can't wait to see the finished product too next month. :)

hshduppsnt
08-05-2008, 11:59 AM
angelsfan1 - were you off to the left a little? by Greg? there was a guy to my right with a hat too so I'm trying to remember which one you were

in any case good recollection of the show, I always seem to forget the small details -

but yeah I agree - the ability to talk to them and have them laugh the entire time was great - it was a nice addition to what was actually kind of a weird show with the way they made us cheer at times.

Remember this? "Guys I need more stock footage so you're going to pretend dexter and the guys are playing a song, then just finishing it, so... no looking like you're singing along, nothing like that, just sorta cheer"...

not singing along? you sir, have clearly never been to an offspring show hahaha

so if you guys watch this and suddenly it looks like no one is singing along, thats why.

and don't forget "just a little applause now... good"

Sil
08-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Then someone from Brazil asked a question( dont remember) and then asked if they would come play in Brazil and Dexter said to Noodles "Brazil...Huh... I don't know, maybe?". Dexter would bust up laughing every time.

Im the brazilian girl!!!
My question was something like that:
"Hi guys my name is Silvia Im a very big fan from Brasil and I hope you guys can make it back there soon.My question is, I really like how different the new album Rise and Fall sounds, I would like to know what message you guys want the fans to take from it , specially when you wrote songs like Hammerhead and Trust in you"

All the 6 questions were made by people who sent emails, so we did not have a choice, at least I got to change mine a little bit.The original question mentioned things like "I like how serious and dark the new album sounds", dark??? I dont think it sounds dark at all, so they let me change it.

I dont remember the answer at all, I was so freacking nervous up there, that all I did was look at the guys and think "Oh my God Im talking to Dexter and Noodles"

After the taping, I got to meet all the guys,it was sooooooooooooooooo great.
For fans in Brasil and South America: OFFSPRING IN NOVEMBER 2008!!!(info given to me by Dexter, Noodles and Greg).I made it clear to Dexter that we (south americans) want songs for the first two albums and that we DO KNOW all the lyrics!!! he said "ok, Ill keep that in mind".:)
For fans in the US: No shows here for the "real tour" until at least JANUARY.(This info was given to me by Greg).So it should mean, no Europe until at least march next year or later on, I believe.

Thanks Offspring for being so cool not only to me, but to all the fans, giving us an amazing show last sunday and a another great one yesterday, and better yet all for free!!!:):D:)

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 01:15 PM
For fans in the US: No shows here for the "real tour" until at least JANUARY.(This info was given to me by Greg).So it should mean, no Europe until at least march next year or later on, I believe.

First of all, I'm really happy that you had a great time. Second of all, hope you don't mind I used part of your pic. as my avatar. :p I'm assuming that when you say the US, that means Canada too. :(

IamSam
08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Sweet action! Tour in January and later! I can save up then!

F@ BANKZ
08-05-2008, 01:48 PM
A girl asked Dexter if he regrets not finishing all of his college and playing in a band instead and he said "No"

lololololo!ololololol

Aslo: I'm sad now that the tour is delayed, I'll Be Waiting for that day to arrive, but you never know they might have been saying that to attain some contingency time.

angelsfan1
08-05-2008, 02:22 PM
angelsfan1 - were you off to the left a little? by Greg? there was a guy to my right with a hat too so I'm trying to remember which one you were

in any case good recollection of the show, I always seem to forget the small details -

but yeah I agree - the ability to talk to them and have them laugh the entire time was great - it was a nice addition to what was actually kind of a weird show with the way they made us cheer at times.

Remember this? "Guys I need more stock footage so you're going to pretend dexter and the guys are playing a song, then just finishing it, so... no looking like you're singing along, nothing like that, just sorta cheer"...

not singing along? you sir, have clearly never been to an offspring show hahaha

so if you guys watch this and suddenly it looks like no one is singing along, thats why.

and don't forget "just a little applause now... good"

hshduppsnt, yeah I was the guy in the blue hat and blue button up work shirt off to your left in front of Greg in the front row. I was with the guy in the black hat and shirt right next to me. I also was the guy who said at the end when the director said:
" Now does everyone here know where to find Yahoo Live Sets online?" I yelled out "Google It!" and the director got pissed at me. I told him sorry after the show and he gave me a set list list and one of Noodles' picks and told me that was pretty funny! Everyone was yelling so much funny stuff I almost pissed myself. The "little applause" thing was freakin hilarious! I told the people around me that this was the wierdest show I had ever been to. Everyone was like robots and extras for a film shoot. I was saying that at a regular small venue show we would all be up against the stage and jumping into the crowd. There were little kids in the front that would have been destroyed. The guys behind me started to get a little crazy and start pushing everyone, which would have been fun, and they threw one guy out instantly. The cameras were in our faces the whole time which I thought was lame and made me nervous to try and look good.

hshduppsnt
08-05-2008, 02:28 PM
hshduppsnt, yeah I was the guy in the blue hat and blue button up work shirt off to your left in front of Greg in the front row. I was with the guy in the black hat and shirt right next to me. I also was the guy who said at the end when the director said:
" Now does everyone here know where to find Yahoo Live Sets online?" I yelled out "Google It!" and the director got pissed at me. I told him sorry after the show and he gave me a set list list and one of Noodles' picks and told me that was pretty funny! Everyone was yelling so much funny stuff I almost pissed myself. The "little applause" thing was freakin hilarious! I told the people around me that this was the wierdest show I had ever been to. Everyone was like robots and extras for a film shoot. I was saying that at a regular small venue show we would all be up against the stage and jumping into the crowd. There were little kids in the front that would have been destroyed. The guys behind me started to get a little crazy and start pushing everyone, which would have been fun, and they threw one guy out instantly. The cameras were in our faces the whole time which I thought was lame and made me nervous to try and look good.

haha yes, I remember you, the "google it" was Hilarious, well done!
I know what you mean though it was odd, I was wondering the whole time like... am I going to look like an idiot doing this later? but it was still a good time. Yeah we got a little pushing going on around Bad Habit, luckily no one got tossed for that one. There was that tiny little kid in front of me the whole time though so I was afraid even to just sorta jump up and down haha.

Rutegard
08-05-2008, 02:34 PM
A girl asked Dexter if he regrets not finishing all of his college and playing in a band instead and he said "No"

dumbest question ever LOL

what were we expecting him to say? no i deeply regret it? ahaha

hey dex, do you regret having great time with your friends touring around the world doing shows, having private planes, doing whatever you want, get enought money to do whatever you feel like... do you? do you? LOLOL

cool 2 hate 681
08-05-2008, 03:09 PM
was warren fitzgerald at the yahoo tapings?

hshduppsnt
08-05-2008, 03:27 PM
was warren fitzgerald at the yahoo tapings?

nope... just dexter, noodles, greg and pete

Redjie
08-05-2008, 03:34 PM

hey dex, do you regret having great time with your friends touring around the world doing shows, having private planes, doing whatever you want, get enought money to do whatever you feel like... do you? do you? LOLOL

If I was Dexter I would absolutely say "yes, I would prefer less lot money, I wish I didn't have private planes & stuff" :rolleyes::D LOLOL

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 03:37 PM

Do you ever have anything nice to say? *shakes head*

jacknife737
08-05-2008, 03:48 PM
I told the people around me that this was the wierdest show I had ever been to. Everyone was like robots and extras for a film shoot. I was saying that at a regular small venue show we would all be up against the stage and jumping into the crowd. There were little kids in the front that would have been destroyed. The guys behind me started to get a little crazy and start pushing everyone, which would have been fun, and they threw one guy out instantly. The cameras were in our faces the whole time which I thought was lame and made me nervous to try and look good.

Ha, that does sound strange, but glad you guys had a good time!

SpLinteR
08-05-2008, 03:51 PM
For fans in Brasil and South America: OFFSPRING IN NOVEMBER 2008!!!(info given to me by Dexter, Noodles and Greg).I made it clear to Dexter that we (south americans) want songs for the first two albums and that we DO KNOW all the lyrics!!! he said "ok, Ill keep that in mind".:)

wow
thanks alot for the info Silvia, and for remember us...
I can't believe, The Offspring in November!

Rutegard
08-06-2008, 05:26 AM

i have, too bad you only read bad things...but well guess that's not my problem, what to do when you didn't like me in the first place right?...

can we pretend this never happened and ignore each other plz? (i just started)

see? that was a nice thing...

ad8
08-06-2008, 05:59 AM
For fans in the US: No shows here for the "real tour" until at least JANUARY.(This info was given to me by Greg)
Whoa... Greg talked to you?:D

" Now does everyone here know where to find Yahoo Live Sets online?" I yelled out "Google It!" and the director got pissed at me.
lol, nice one:D

Stylie
08-06-2008, 06:36 AM

Uhh? Actually, that wasn't like "OMG! You're so mean, how could you say that!?". I haven't seen rutegard say anything bad ever, and this one wasn't bad, it was just funny. And, it's the second time you say that now? I don't have anything against you, but this was just weird. :)

Camilamazed
08-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Just so you know, the DUMB questions were made by someone from yahoo and not from fans. At the live sets people just read the questions...

=D

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 07:27 AM
i have, too bad you only read bad things...but well guess that's not my problem, what to do when you didn't like me in the first place right?...

I guess I can't understand your english.

Rutegard
08-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Just so you know, the DUMB questions were made by someone from yahoo and not from fans. At the live sets people just read the questions...

=D

yeah that's just not right...

you changed a little bit your question right?...the dark thing...about the album? that was great!

good you did it!

Rutegard
08-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Uhh? Actually, that wasn't like "OMG! You're so mean, how could you say that!?". I haven't seen rutegard say anything bad ever, and this one wasn't bad, it was just funny. And, it's the second time you say that now? I don't have anything against you, but this was just weird. :)

it's cool when i know there's someone out there like you maniac subsida :p

Camilamazed
08-06-2008, 12:52 PM
It wasn't me.. My friend did it...

I wasn't there..:(

dmcipod
08-07-2008, 05:35 PM

hey guys. been a long time offspring fan, but have no idea why i havent been here before.

i was fortunate enough to be at this show too. in fact, the guy that got thrown out was my brother. we barely got there in time before they started the show and got a spot front left stage. after all the pushing happened, i wound up center stage, about two people right of you when you yelled "Google it!"

good to see that i wasnt the only one that wasnt sure how to act. regardless of which i did have fun and hope that everyone else that went had fun too

Stylie
08-07-2008, 05:58 PM

it's cool when i know there's someone out there like you maniac subsida :p

Haha, you called me maniac subsida!
Btw, you edited that, right? You said Stylie first? :p

Free?
08-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Haha, you called me maniac subsida!
Btw, you edited that, right? You said Stylie first? :p

"Maniac Suicidal" from greatest hits interviews. :D

EDIT:

I guess I can't understand your english.

i have[she does have something good to say], too bad you only read bad things...[too bad that you can only see bad things from everything she posts] but well guess that's not my problem, [...] what to do when you didn't like me in the first place right?...[she doesn't know what she can do to change your attitude because (in her opinion) you didn't like her from the beginning]

To me it didn't seem difficult to understand, maybe because my own English is far from perfect.

And Rutegard, I also think that you misunderstood Shank, she wasn't offensive, just didn't get that you weren't deadly serious there.

Are you both strong enough to do "Trust In You" thingy? :)

SpLinteR
08-07-2008, 08:12 PM
wow look what I found:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3056/2740046917_c871fa19ca_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3145/2740883864_94f9721c3e_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3097/2740882854_a2ef70dd7c_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3050/2740047857_2e73c6fbc1_b.jpg

KHWHD
08-07-2008, 08:14 PM
wow look what I found:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3056/2740046917_c871fa19ca_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3145/2740883864_94f9721c3e_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3097/2740882854_a2ef70dd7c_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3050/2740047857_2e73c6fbc1_b.jpg

NICE!! Where did you find those? Google?

SpLinteR
08-07-2008, 08:25 PM
NICE!! Where did you find those? Google?

No, Flickr

KHWHD
08-07-2008, 08:27 PM
No, Flickr

Very nice, thanks for sharing with us. :) Isn't that a hosting site?

Sil
08-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I can see myself infront of my husband, the very tall blonde guy close to the stage, kind of in the center of the photo.
How did this person sneak in with a camera? they made me leave all my buttons behind saying that I could stab someone!, no cell phones, no metal stuff at all! I wish I had my camera with me.But great photos anyway, thanks for posting!

hshduppsnt
08-07-2008, 10:52 PM
I can see myself infront of my husband, the very tall blonde guy close to the stage, kind of in the center of the photo.
How did this person sneak in with a camera? they made me leave all my buttons behind saying that I could stab someone!, no cell phones, no metal stuff at all! I wish I had my camera with me.But great photos anyway, thanks for posting!

VIP - if they got in different way they totally didn't have a problem. Girl in front of me (RIGHT in front of dexter) had a camera and was doing all this and that. Then all I did was ask her how she got a camera in and she freaked and went ran back where her dad was and gave him her camera.

so there's your answer.

and you can totally see me in one of these photos too :)

Sil
08-07-2008, 11:07 PM
VIP - if they got in different way they totally didn't have a problem. Girl in front of me (RIGHT in front of dexter) had a camera and was doing all this and that. Then all I did was ask her how she got a camera in and she freaked and went ran back where her dad was and gave him her camera.

so there's your answer.

and you can totally see me in one of these photos too :)

I remember this girl, she was like 3 people away from me, wearing a striped t shirt, I thought she was given a camera by the producers, since some people were given cameras to take photos from the show, but would have to return them later.
Anyway, does not really matter, lol.Thanks for answering.

hshduppsnt
08-07-2008, 11:08 PM
I remember this girl, she was like 3 people away from me, wearing a striped t shirt, I thought she was given a camera by the producers, since some people were given cameras to take photos from the show, but would have to return them later.
Anyway, does not really matter, lol.Thanks for answering.

kinda young, next to a little boy in a hat? cuz if so that's the girl who was right in front of me. I thought the same thing at first but it turns out it was just her dad... so...

if its not her then i dunno :)

cool 2 hate 681
08-23-2008, 03:08 PM
anyone know when this will be available online:confused:

drex878
08-23-2008, 03:08 PM
anyone know when this will be available online:confused:

September 15th if my memory is correct.

Stylie
08-23-2008, 06:19 PM
September 15th if my memory is correct.
Yeah, I think that's right. Can't wait to check it out!!

Rutegard
08-24-2008, 04:27 AM
Yeah, I think that's right. Can't wait to check it out!!

OMG OMG!!!

/Rutegard runs around the house and screams out loud so everyone can heard, while ripping off her hair...

ya know? the usual!

OMG 15th september?!? GREAT :D:D

aahahahah SSSOOOOOOOO ggrreaat :D:D

jonbb11
08-24-2008, 11:56 PM
So I have this HD channel (called Music in High Definition) that as one of their programs has the title LIVE SETS with the band performing following it. And I happened to watch one episode and it was the Foo Fighters from their time at the Yahoo Nissan Live Set Show! Does that mean that on the 15th of September they will air the Offspring's show? Watching it on the computer is one thing but seeing yourself in High Definition ain't that bad either.
The air time is only a half an hour which is much much shorter than the time the Offspring played so how do they cut the performance it if it is in fact aired? The Foo Fighters did have their Q&A session included in their program so I'm assuming the Offspring will have theirs in there also. On Yahoo all the songs plus the Q&A are guaranteed to be included... and if Yahoo follows suit... a CD will follow for purchase!!

angelsfan1
09-15-2008, 02:29 AM

Finally September 15th is here. I'm just checking Yahoo's site for it, but it isn't up yet. I just hope I don't look like too big of a tool in the front row and not being able to get really into it because of security all around us, keeping us in check. I know it will look and sound great on the Palladia HD (was Music HD channel) music channel though beacause I have seen a few of those on there and they looked and sounded really nice on my HDTV. I think it takes a few weeks for it to be on that channel though. Oh well, enough of my ramblin', can't wait to see the finished product later today when they finally put it up!