PDA

View Full Version : My new demo.. Thoughts?

Living in Chaos
07-24-2008, 04:51 AM
Hey all,

I've just finished recording a new demo at college, I think it sounds pretty alright. It's not finished as yet, I'm still yet to write lyrics, and I composed the drums in FL Studio 8 so I've gotta record those, but I've uploaded the song anyway.

Here it is: http://www.myspace.com/taylorpinemusicproject

Me and a classmate wrote and recorded that directly onto a Korg D1200II in 2 lessons lol (mostly 'cause we had to in that time, I've got more different styled stuff to record yet, acoustic material, and an 11 minute progressive styled song), I play everything in this particular song except one rhythm guitar which Steve my class mate sticks to the basic rhythm.

Any comments, thoughts, or criticism would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Taylor.

Living in Chaos
08-03-2008, 12:59 AM
August the 3rd 2008 Update - Song lyrics and title.

I have finally finished the lyrics to the recording I posted in the above post.
It took me a while, as this is the first real lyrics I have written lol (and it probably shows). :) Check them out:

The Empire of Hypocrisy (tentatively titled)
Lyrics written by Taylor Pine 2008.

Verse 1

Turn on the TV,
Watch the evening news
Doomsday propaganda,
A frontline issue
“The world is coming to an end”

A modern epidemic,
Of the civilized
Ignition, light the fuse,
Heat is on the rise
"Hey you, take action
Or you’re all gonna end up dead"

Chorus

Hey! Hey! All hail the empire
(Hey! Hey!) Of hypocrisy
Hey! Hey! A new pandemic,
An infectious disease

Hey! Hey! Thank God for the empire
(Hey! Hey!) Of inhumanity
Hey! Hey! A global endemic,
A deadly disease

Verse 2

Welcome now, to the
New world order
Brought to you by,
Your local news reporter
Manipulation of the mind

It’s out of control,
Out of mind
A feeding frenzy,
For all mankind
Extol the mastermind

Chorus

Hey! Hey! All hail the empire
(Hey! Hey!) Of hypocrisy
An infectious disease

A deadly disease

Solo

Chorus

Hey! Hey! We are the empire
(Hey! Hey!) Of hypocrisy
An infectious disease

Hey! Hey! We are the empire
A deadly disease

Not too sure about the song title.
Choices I've thrown around so far are as followed:

"The Empire of Hypocrisy"
"The Empire of Inhumanity"
"Hypocrisy, An Infectious Disease"
"Hypocrisy, A Deadly Disease"

What do you think??

I should be able to record the vocals sometime in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted. -- Taylor.

Free?
08-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Nicely done :). Is this an anti-massmedia song? Have you heard about band named Rentokill? Your song reminded me of that band.

lost_nvrfound
08-03-2008, 10:32 PM
I'd be inclined to say just "A Deadly Disease"... but then you get a major EWW image invoked by such a title.

ad8
08-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Well, the song is ok. It could be a very good one if the bass, drums and vocals are good and fit with the guitar part. I'd go with "Empire of Hypocrisy" as the song title, btw.

Smash_Returns
08-12-2008, 10:42 PM
The instruments were good, can't wait to hear how it sounds when it's done.

Hypno Toad
08-13-2008, 12:08 AM
It was great, my one piece of crit tho, I think your guitar notes should be a bit more crisp. The sounds is a bit dull (no offense)

F@ BANKZ
08-13-2008, 05:09 AM
I liked it a lot, and I have quite a specific taste in music. Nicely done.

Just a thought, would the chorus sound better like this:
Of inhumanity
(Hey Hey) A deadly disease

ANDiTKO
08-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Fuckin nice dude!
How did you did the drums with FL Studio?Did you used a VST Instument or what?

Living in Chaos
08-19-2008, 12:44 AM
August the 19th 2008 Update - Vocal Recording

Hey all,
thankyou so much for all of the comments on my song. I will attempt to answer some questions shortly. I've gone with the title of "Empire Of Hypocrisy". Sorry for the delay on my recording of the vocals, I have been sick the past fortnight, and have been unable to lay decent tracks down.

Today, I was able to get some somewhat decent vocal tracks down. There is still some work, editing, mixing, levels, and all of that fun stuff to be done, especially during the verses haha, but I am reasonably happy with how the song is coming together.

I uploaded it to the MySpace for you guys to take a listen. It is labelled simply "Empire Of Hypocrisy". www.myspace.com/taylorpinemusicproject

Nicely done :). Is this an anti-massmedia song? Have you heard about band named Rentokill? Your song reminded me of that band.

Thanks, yeah it is an anti-massmedia song/political song. The major inspiration for me to write a song like this was the massive rise in the amount of information on global warming/carbon footprint/etc.. that is presented on in the media here in Australia ever since the new government ratified Kyoto, brought in alot of enviromental policies, and started a Carbon Emissions scheme, and advertising campaigns to go with them. No I haven't heard of the band Rentokill, but I'll be sure to check them out :) Thanks.

I liked it a lot, and I have quite a specific taste in music. Nicely done.

Just a thought, would the chorus sound better like this:
Of inhumanity
(Hey Hey) A deadly disease

Thankyou for your comment. I appreciate it. I tried the way you suggested the chorus, but I ended up going with what I orginally had, I felt it fit better, especially at the end bit, as you'll hear on the song I uploaded. :) Cheers.

Fuckin nice dude!
How did you did the drums with FL Studio?Did you used a VST Instument or what?

Thanks alot. Well, it took me around four hours. It's probably not the right way, I'm a bit of an FL Studio n00b, but I wrote around 56 different patterns, at 204 BPM, using the stock FL Studio samplers (there's heaps of great drum sounds found in the Program Files directory of the program) and changing the parameters on how hard they we're hit, and all of that kinda stuff. I thought it ended up pretty cool.

Thankyou all for your comment and and critique, be sure to check out the newly updated version at www.myspace.com/taylorpinemusicproject

Feel free to comment on it here. Thanks, and I'll be back soon to answer questions, and provide updates. :)

Living in Chaos
09-11-2008, 11:57 PM
**BUMP** (Hope that's okay with the mods of this boards :) )

September the 12th Update

Hey all,
just dropping by to let you know that I've finished the vocals (I think).

I'm still considering putting in some Bad Religion-like backing vocals during the second part of each verse, but other than that, I think I'm gonna leave it as it is, after all, it is for a school project lol, and they want me to have another song in the next six weeks. Good luck to them.

I've uploaded the lastest version to my MySpace for a listen. www.myspace.com/taylorpinemusicproject

Thanks for your time :)

Taylor.

PS. Great work everyone on the Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace covers!! They're great.