PDA

View Full Version : Are people getting sick of you??

KHWHD
07-24-2008, 06:33 PM
I did a search before some of you get all pissy on me. :rolleyes:

Meaning, friends, family, etc.... talking about The Offspring and such?

My sister is so tired of hearing me. She says... "Terri, everytime I'm at your house all I hear is... The Offspring, everytime your phone rings... it's The Offspring, everytime I look at your desktop... it's The Offspring, everytime I walk by your room... it's The Offspring. It's ALL I ever hear anymore. Can't you talk about something else for a change?"

Then my oldest daughter Nina (she'll be 3 in Oct.) says when I'm playing music and a few different songs come on she'll say... "Just like your phone Mommy." And you know? She's dead on too... lmao. She's smart as a whip!!

So, anyone else?

Cock Joke
07-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Yup! Ever since the release date for RAFRAG was announced, I just went on & on about how the album's gonna rock, Offspring's the greatest, etc. And before that, in 2004, when I discovered them, I talked about them way more than necessary!

I did manage to get one of my pals into them but that was it. Everyone else just got kind of annoyed.

WebDudette
07-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Aww... I thought this was going to be a 'are people get sick of you' in general type thing.

KHWHD
07-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Aww... I thought this was going to be a 'are people get sick of you' in general type thing.

If you are, then don't read my posts. Thanks and have a pleasant day. Buh bye. :)

WebDudette
07-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Woah, I think you took that the wrong way. My reply had nothing to do with you or the thread really.

Though I can see how my post would lead to that assumption.

Conspiracyof1000
07-25-2008, 01:33 AM
Yea. All I do is quote The Offspring, talk about them, play their music constantly, talk about them some more...

F@ BANKZ
07-25-2008, 03:27 AM
No I try to remain tactful and restrain how much I prattle about the band. When I was 13/14 it was practically impossible but after several years it gets slightly easier. I will quite often mention it in jest by dropping The Offspring into a conversation at the most inappropriate of times, however, on this forum that's quite difficult to do.

Free?
07-25-2008, 04:19 AM
Shank, I'd like to know, for how long are you addicted to the band? I think it's a very common thing to surround yourself with The Offspring for first few years since you've discovered them.

I was like that about 6-7 years ago, now I'm not that focused on a single band, but to be honest I never had such problems with pissing someone with my favorite band maybe because I avoid narrow-minded people and family/friends are ok with my addiction.

P.S.: Keep up good work on growing a die-hard-offspring-fan-since-2-years-old, I think it was you, who started a thread about not believing to such fans ;)

KyleW
07-25-2008, 04:42 AM
I wouldnt say my friends family etc. are sick of me talking about them. I managed to convert a buddy into liking them almost as much as me and I guess thats all I need. I just talk to him about The Offspring. In fact I rarely metion them to my friends and family.

Gustavo
07-25-2008, 07:15 AM
Yeah, a lot of them!
Just yesterday, while I was listening to Trust In You she yelled "Don't you have anything to listen for a change? I'm sick of listening to this song over and over. Go put your headphones!"
People always piss me off when I'm listening to The Offspring loudly.
They always say some jokes when they see Offspring in my bedroom, in my computer, my cds and such.

KHWHD
07-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Shank, I'd like to know, for how long are you addicted to the band? I think it's a very common thing to surround yourself with The Offspring for first few years since you've discovered them.

I was like that about 6-7 years ago, now I'm not that focused on a single band, but to be honest I never had such problems with pissing someone with my favorite band maybe because I avoid narrow-minded people and family/friends are ok with my addiction.

P.S.: Keep up good work on growing a die-hard-offspring-fan-since-2-years-old, I think it was you, who started a thread about not believing to such fans ;)

Been a fan for 10 years. So since I was 22-23.

Rutegard
07-25-2008, 08:15 AM
I did a search before some of you get all pissy on me. :rolleyes:

Meaning, friends, family, etc.... talking about The Offspring and such?

My sister is so tired of hearing me. She says... "Terri, everytime I'm at your house all I hear is... The Offspring, everytime your phone rings... it's The Offspring, everytime I look at your desktop... it's The Offspring, everytime I walk by your room... it's The Offspring. It's ALL I ever hear anymore. Can't you talk about something else for a change?"

Then my oldest daughter Nina (she'll be 3 in Oct.) says when I'm playing music and a few different songs come on she'll say... "Just like your phone Mommy." And you know? She's dead on too... lmao. She's smart as a whip!!

So, anyone else?

that would give a nice entry for the thread you know you are addicted when....:p

by the way i have the same problem

Rutegard
07-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Yeah, a lot of them!
Just yesterday, while I was listening to Trust In You she yelled "Don't you have anything to listen for a change? I'm sick of listening to this song over and over. Go put your headphones!"
People always piss me off when I'm listening to The Offspring loudly.
They always say some jokes when they see Offspring in my bedroom, in my computer, my cds and such.

there you go!!

if they get bored...it's bot our problem...it's theirs....how come someone get bored with offspring right?...you can tell right away that something is just not right :o

nameless
07-25-2008, 03:38 PM
i cant say ive ever annoyed someone by keep mentioning the offspring, im kinda at the stage in life where if people dont want to listen to them im not gonna try and convince them!

Redjie
07-25-2008, 05:35 PM
My mom, my best friends, my brother, my dad, my grandma... yeahp, they tend to get tired of the offspring really really bad.
mom once said to me something like "don't you have anyone else to quote? for how long have you been listening to them? don't you get tired?" and I just said "hmm, nah" so she quitted bugging on me about that :p
my best friend yells at me everytime I want to teach how to play the guitar, I always choose an offspring song.
& so on...

Budzy
07-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Yes.
But they've learnt to live with it.
'Offspring is the devil'

DUKENT
07-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Not really, after 11 years ( I'm listening to The Offspring since I was 6) every one had to get used to me listening, talking and dreaming about The Offspring 24/7