PDA

View Full Version : New Rise Against!!

H1T_That
07-26-2008, 10:33 AM
"That's right, our new record, Appeal To Reason, has been completed and will be released October 7th, 2008. As you may know, we have once again teamed up with our friends Bill Stevenson & Jason Livermore, who produced Appeal To Reason at the Blasting Room, along with their capable team of engineers. Bill & Jason are the genius' behind The Sufferer & The Witness and also the responsible for the re-mix of our first record, The Unraveling on Fat Wreck, as well as numerous other songs, including our recent cover of "Little Boxes" for the show "Weeds."
If that wasn't exciting enough, we've teamed up with some old friends for a fall tour and are hoping to bring it to your town. RISE AGAINST, ALKALINE TRIO, THRICE, THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM. We considered giving the tour some fancy name, but then realized that nothing looks or sounds as good as those four bands together, in our own humble opinion. See you this fall !"

I seriously fucking hope that tour comes to the UK!!

jacknife737
07-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Old news is old, but i'm still super excited for the new record. I'm even more excited for that tour, Alkaline Trio, Gaslight Anthem and Rise Against on the same bill!

H1T_That
07-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Old news is old,

I only found out today. Plus there was no topic on it.

Enjoi
07-26-2008, 01:28 PM
I only found out today. Plus there was no topic on it.

I just found out today to.

Alex101
07-28-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm excited for the new album and excited to see them on tour again. I first/last saw them at 2006's Warped Tour.

zsk
07-29-2008, 06:22 AM
yeah! il ike rise against so much!!!
it's great to et some new stuff from them!

zsk
07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
do you know the name of the first single?

0r4ng3
07-29-2008, 02:04 PM
It hasn't been announced. All anyone knows at this point is the name and release date.

adombomb222
07-30-2008, 12:22 AM
I knew a while ago about this, im supper excited! I've seen the 4 times before and I can't wait to see them at the Filmore again!

Tijs
07-30-2008, 05:53 AM
Nice! I saw them play once by accident a couple of months ago and I got into them real quick. I hope they'll play somewhere in the Netherlands.

zsk
07-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Nice! I saw them play once by accident a couple of months ago and I got into them real quick. I hope they'll play somewhere in the Netherlands.

maybe in cologne,it's near;)

Tijs
07-30-2008, 07:20 AM
True. When it comes to distance it doesn't really matter whether I'd go to Amsterdam or Cologne.

adombomb222
08-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Below is all the info needed for our new record, but also on the tour section you will notice Los Angeles, (we told you we wouldn't forget about you) San Diego and San Jose shows have been announced.

Starting Tues Aug 19, "Re-Education (Through Labor)" from our
upcoming album Appeal To Reason will be available digitally everywhere

Also starting the same day, you can pre-order our new record, "Appeal To Reason" on iTunes. With your iTunes pre-order, you will immediately receive our new single "Re-Education (Through Labor),". Also you can pre-order the album and you'll get an exclusive live version of "Prayer Of The Refugee" that is only available to pre-order customers when the album is delivered. Then, on October 7th, you will receive the entire record as well as an additional iTunes exclusive b-side.

If you don't want to shell out for the whole record right now, you can also just pick up the single and sit tight for the Oct 7th release to complete your record. When you get the entire record, you will also receive the additional iTunes exclusive B-Side song, called "Elective Amnesia.
"

Tim / RA

Collapse (Post-Amerika)
Long Forgotten Sons
Re-Education (Through Labor)
The Dirt Whispered
Kotov Syndrome
From Heads Unworthy
The Strength To Go On
Audience Of One
Entertainment
Hero Of War
Savior
Hairline Fracture
Whereabouts Unknown

iTunes Info:
Instant Grat Track: "Re-Education (thru Labor)

Bonus Track: "ELECTIVE AMNESIA" – iTunes life of project / permanent bonus track

Pre-Order Bonus Track: "PRAYER OF A REFUGEE LIVE" – iTunes pre-order bonus track

I hate ordering from iTunes, smiply because I love having the actul album. But this time might have to. Then again all that extra stuff will be up for free, after the release.

jacknife737
08-18-2008, 11:50 AM
New song is up on their myspace. http://www.myspace.com/riseagainst

Didn't quite like it on the first listen, but after repeated listens, it really grew on me.

Free?
08-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Re-Education sounds great! It has something new, unusual for Rise Against that we knew, I think it's vocal parts.

SaiKYoU
08-18-2008, 12:40 PM
like the stuff, but its a hell of a task to something betetr than "the Sufferer and the Witness"

killboybowerhead
08-20-2008, 08:13 PM
I dont like the new song. The last album didnt do it for me either.. i mean there were good songs but nothing really stood out. Repetitive too. They're sort of running their sound dry. The guitars are neat in the new one though. Ill still buy the album to give it a try...

H1T_That
08-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Yeah, the new track is pretty good.

dff_punk
09-21-2008, 01:14 PM
New song "Collapse(Post-Amerika)" is available to listen to at their myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/riseagainst
Not bad... Lookin forward to the album.

Free?
09-21-2008, 02:30 PM
New song "Collapse(Post-Amerika)" is available to listen to at their myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/riseagainst
Not bad... Lookin forward to the album.

Slow palm mute part (1:41+)reminds me of something... something less frightening... ;)

cool 2 hate 681
09-21-2008, 05:16 PM
i uploaded my myspace rip of the new song :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hldhmdjy5zi

WebDudette
09-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Oh wow, I saw Rise Against last night at Edgefest.

Well, I missed part of their set because of MOTHER FUCKING GOGOL BORDELLO!

Anyway, it took me 4-5 songs to get to their pit, the crowd was soooo packed. Then once I made it their it was drunk angry bro kids. Shitty. Not only that, but Rise Against weren't sounding too good. I was in the pit for two songs when they had to stop playing because of a potential storm.

So we sat around for a while until they came back on. I wasn't going to go back until a friend was like 'but dude, its rise against.' So we ended up back in a pit, this one was a lot better and a lot less angry. The last song, Prayer of a Refugee, made it all worth it, insane pit. I have the feeling I would have enjoyed Rise Against a lot more at a venue rather then a festival.

And then there was Flogging Molly, I just wish I had listened to them more before going, I only knew a few songs. Everything about their show was fantastic.

Jesus
10-01-2008, 05:28 AM
one minute samples of all the songs:
http://www.7digital.com/artists/rise-against/appeal-to-reason/
The samples of Savior and Audience of one sound awesome.

Gonna be a long album, sweeeeet.

Free?
10-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Their albums never seemed short to me. With all that melancholic slow stuff.

EMehl6
10-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Presenting, the new album:

Rise Against - Appeal To Reason (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JRDWGY0S)

H1T_That
10-02-2008, 06:42 AM
New album fucking owns!

Plus i just got tickets to see them, with Anti-Flag and Flobots supporting!!!!

MasteR GunneR
10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
New album fucking owns!

Plus i just got tickets to see them, with Anti-Flag and Flobots supporting!!!!
Lucky you! Anti-Flag and Rise Against would be totally awesome. However, Strike Anywhere is supporting Rise Against here in Germany next year. That owns, too :)

Anyway, the new album is as far as I can say (just listening to it) mind blowing.

jacknife737
10-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Wow, thanks for uploading EMehl6. It's a pretty solid album, a couple tracks give off a kind of numetal/hard-rock vibe which takes a little while to get used to however. I'm sure this album will grow on me though.

Edit: This keeps getting better with every listen, i'm currently hitting the repeat button like mad on The Dirt Whispered.

EMehl6
10-02-2008, 01:05 PM
No problem. Glad you guys enjoy it, it's pretty amazing. My favorite song off it as of right now would either be "Collapse" or "Whereabouts Unknown". "Collapse" is so damn catchy, the chorus has been stuck in my head since the day I first heard it haha.

IamSam
10-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Uh...could someone upload it elsewhere pretty please? Downloads are exceeded on Mega.

EMehl6
10-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Uh...could someone upload it elsewhere pretty please? Downloads are exceeded on Mega.

PM me with your email address and I'll email it to you. I have it saved as a zip file.

H1T_That
10-03-2008, 07:27 AM
This album is absolutly oozing with awesome.

Collape, Re-Education, Kotov Syndrome, Hero Of War and Saviour are favourites!

The only track i'm not completley in love with is Entertainment.

Free?
10-04-2008, 06:19 AM
The album is strrong! No melodic straightforward (Savior isn't ) Injection-like songs, but no weak songs either. And Hero of War is so fucking good. Not just because it is so brilliant, but also because it's the only acoustic song on the album and it's not like Swing Life Away or Roadside, the lyrics are much more mature. I'd call it Rise Against's Hammerhead.

dff_punk
10-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Hero Of War is so touching, maybe the best song on the album(surprisingly it's an acoustic one).. overall pretty solid album.

ZeQuebecois
10-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I've seen 2 days ago the video of ReEducation on TV. that they released on sept.25, and I liked it pretty much! In a few weeks it'll be in the videoclips charts.:D

I haven't searched if the link have been posted, but if not, see it here...
http://www.riseagainst.com/player/default.aspx?mid=4540&bhcp=1

I needed a new flash to watch it, so I had to watch on Youtube.
And they're coming to Canada, yeah !:D

cool 2 hate 681
10-04-2008, 11:37 AM
the only songs i don't like are hero of war and entertainment

holland25
10-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Historia Calamitatum (http://rapidshare.com/files/151153758/14_-_Historia_Calamitatum.mp3.html) (UK Bonus Track) if anyone doesn't have it.

IamSam
10-05-2008, 09:28 AM
The Dirt is pretty damn sweet.

H1T_That
10-06-2008, 06:12 AM
Historia Calamitatum (http://rapidshare.com/files/151153758/14_-_Historia_Calamitatum.mp3.html) (UK Bonus Track) if anyone doesn't have it.

Thanks for that!

holland25
10-06-2008, 06:56 AM
No problem, it's an awesome song.

H1T_That
10-06-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm not that keen on Historia...

It doesn't seem to have as much kick about it as the other tracks do..

holland25
10-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Well, it doesn't, but I still like it. The whole album is awesome.

adombomb222
10-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Appeal To Reason is my least fravorite album from Rise Against. All the "green" agenda stuff all over the damn case pisses me off too. Its not raw like Reveloution Per Minute or Counter Culture.

H1T_That
10-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Precisley. Why churn out another album you've already done twice..

EMehl6
10-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Exactly. It's not my favorite album by them, but it's still awesome. Rise Against has yet to disappoint me with a release. I don't agree with much, if anything, that they say, politically speaking, but the music is still awesome, and I still enjoy listening to them. You can't let the lyrics get in the way of the music.

jacknife737
10-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Precisley. Why churn out another album you've already done twice..

Why? To up tha punx.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
10-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Does anybody have a link for the download of the album?

Free?
10-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Presenting, the new album:

Rise Against - Appeal To Reason (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JRDWGY0S)

Does anybody have a link for the download of the album?

This should work.

Jesus
10-13-2008, 03:44 PM
The album has really grown on me. It was less accessible to me then their previous albums (especially compared to The Suffer and Revolutions which are really easy on the ears), but after a couple spins I got hooked. It has some of their best work to date. Audience of one, Kotov, Dirt, Saviour, Hero Of War etc. Awesome stuff. The album could have been even more political imo lyrical, because they are lyrically at their best then.

If I had to rank their albums right now it would be:
1) The Unraveling
2) Appeal to Reason
3) The Sufferer & the Witness
4) Revolutions per Minute
5) Siren Song of the Counter Culture

H1T_That
10-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Aye you kidding?

Appeal To Reason is easily their most accessible, followed by Sufferer..

bighead384
10-14-2008, 12:09 PM
"Why so serious? Rise Against stay true to form with their new socially conscious album 'Appeal to Reason' (out Oct. 7th). With lines like 'when...signal fires just burn and burn we wonder if we're waiting here for nothing,' this Chicago band sounds sort of like Offspring when Dexter, Noodles & the boys go on one of their more sober minded outings. "

http://www.kroq.com/

Short_Attention_Span
10-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Offspring? The new album reminds me of Atlantic-era Bad Religion more than it does the Offspring, to be honest.

That said, I like it. It's good. Though, I'm not sure how I feel about "Hero of War" just yet.
________
Volcano vaporizer (http://twitter.com/vaporizer)

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
10-14-2008, 01:47 PM
My favorite songs are "Entertainment" and "Savior." This whole album is damn good.

jacknife737
10-14-2008, 04:35 PM
"Why so serious? Rise Against stay true to form with their new socially conscious album 'Appeal to Reason' (out Oct. 7th). With lines like 'when...signal fires just burn and burn we wonder if we're waiting here for nothing,' this Chicago band sounds sort of like Offspring when Dexter, Noodles & the boys go on one of their more sober minded outings. "

http://www.kroq.com/

I agree with that. There are some comparisons to be made between the two bands.

bighead384
10-14-2008, 07:28 PM
I agree with that. There are some comparisons to be made between the two bands.

I don't get what he means by "sober minded outings". Does he just mean the better songs The Offspring write?

adombomb222
10-14-2008, 11:27 PM
That said, I like it. It's good. Though, I'm not sure how I feel about "Hero of War" just yet.

The frist time I listened to it, it sounded very anti-american/anti-military. It actully really pissed me off, till I listened to it again and read the lyrics.

jacknife737
10-15-2008, 08:07 AM
I don't get what he means by "sober minded outings". Does he just mean the better songs The Offspring write?

I think he means the less upbeat, more melodic tracks ie Million Miles Away, rather then the more, shall we say "gimmicky" songs. At least that was my first impression.

Rooster
11-12-2008, 06:43 AM
A great year for music. New Offspring, new Metallica, new Rise Against. I downloaded Appeal To Reason, but untill now that i got the actuall copy of the album (i just bought it) i haven't listened a single song in its entire length. And so far i can say that waiting was worth it. Maybe it hasn't gor as many fast-paced songs as their previous releases, and has even more mainstream appeal, but the guitar work and lyrics make up for it. Even those slower, middle tempo songs are quite strong. I think i'm going to like this one even more than The Sufferer & The Witness. The bonus track Historia Calamitatum is great.

I like the bands that have something to say, some real message, and don't sing just how their girlfriends dumped them and now they'll all organise a group-mass-cutting-their-veins-suicidal-event.

Free?
11-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Appeal to Reason somehow doesn't want to grow on me. I can't really explain it, I don't dislike any song, but the whole album kinda bores me.

Rooster
11-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Appeal to Reason somehow doesn't want to grow on me. I can't really explain it, I don't dislike any song, but the whole album kinda bores me.

Well, in my case it's only growing on me. I like every song on it, and some of their best material to date is on this album (Saviour is becoming my new favorite track from Rise Against, along with Injection). There are less fast songs as on their previous albums (still, they are present, and that's great :D), but the slowers songs (middle tempo songs) rock! They've done a good job here.

I don't wish them to go any softer than this though.

edit: damn, am i glad to live in Europe now... Because my copy of Appeal To Reason has Historia Calamitatum on it! Great closure for the album.