PDA

View Full Version : The official Family Guy thread!

Stylie
07-27-2008, 01:36 PM
The official Family Guy thread!
(if a moderator will delete this, ok. 'caus I found another thread, but that thread seemed to be based on Family Guy quotes)

The thread for those who love the TV-serie Family Guy.
Post faboulus pictures, videos or quotes, whatever you want. Just talk FAMILY GUY! :D

http://i37.tinypic.com/32zqgbq.png

Stylie
07-27-2008, 01:40 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/nq4biq.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/2v92is3.jpg

I think Bryan and Stewie is the best ones - my favourites.
Though, Peter, Quagmire&Co and Chris is also great. =D=D

Lodat225
07-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Family Guy sucks.

Rag Doll
07-27-2008, 03:17 PM
I never thought I'd agree so wholeheartedly with Lodat.

Jojan
07-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Season seven (or rest of season six) will be airing again 28 September this year.

F@ BANKZ
07-27-2008, 03:42 PM
I have started watching the older episodes again recently and they are funnyish.

Itchy & Scratchy > The Simpsons > Family Guy > South Park > American Dad

Jebus
07-27-2008, 03:47 PM
I remember back during the lodat scandal, I found one of his profiles for some forum. He had a well though out intelligent sounding thread about why Family Guy sucks (stolen of course) while using a Family Guy avatar. After people asked why he had a family guy avatar, he edited his post saying he randomly found the avatar somewhere and thought it was funny so he used it. Good times.

Stylie
07-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Family Guy sucks.

I never thought I'd agree so wholeheartedly with Lodat.

Are you serious now? If so - STUPID. It's ok if you not like the humour and stuff, but to say that it sucks is just feckin' stupid. ;)
Seriously, I wonder how Family Guy become one of the best and well-known animated comedian tv-shows along with Simpsons, Futurama and South Park?

Season seven (or rest of season six) will be airing again 28 September this year.

Sorry, but I just have the season 1 DVD and just seen some other episodes on TV. But be sure, I'm gonna (buy and) see it all.
Have you seen all episodes and seasons?

Cock Joke
07-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Family Guy is the funniest cartoon ever! And that's no exaggeration!

Also, I thought the new season was starting on the Sunday prior to Labor Day. I can't wait!

Stylie
07-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Family Guy is the funniest cartoon ever! And that's no exaggeration!

Yep, true. Seth MacFarlane is a totall GENIUS. And damn, he has the voice to Peter, Stewie, Brian, Quagmire + other various characters in the serie!

JohnnyNemesis
07-27-2008, 04:54 PM
I wonder how Family Guy become one of the best and well-known animated comedian tv-shows

It's because most people are fucking stupid.

WebDudette
07-27-2008, 05:11 PM
But Johnny, the satire!

Stylie
07-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, of course, that's the reason.
Naaah, it's just stupid people that don't understand how geniusity (what a word) those comedians are. ;D

nieh
07-27-2008, 05:30 PM
I generally like the show, though either I started getting tired of its schtick after 3-4 seasons or it started going downhill because I haven't cared for any of the more recent episodes I've seen. I don't mind that the majority of their jokes don't actually have anything to do with what's going on at the time, and I have no problem with them doing pop-culture REFERENCES, but the scene-long quotes/songs taken directly from other movies/shows are lame and they do that way too often. Because of that, its hit and miss ratio is pretty low compared to other shows, but when it hits it makes me actually lol more often than most.

JohnnyNemesis
07-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Naaah, it's just stupid people that don't understand how geniusity (what a word) those comedians are. ;D

Oh so very sigged.

drex878
07-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Family Guy is one of the few shows on tv that I cannot stand. It was created for stupid people who aren't capable of comprehending humor.

mrconeman
07-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Are you serious now? If so - STUPID. It's ok if you not like the humour and stuff, but to say that it sucks is just feckin' stupid. ;)
Seriously, I wonder how Family Guy become one of the best and well-known animated comedian tv-shows along with Simpsons, Futurama ...
I thought not liking the humor in a show created specifically to make you laugh is about the best reason to say it sucks, actually. And...

Stylie
07-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh so very sigged.
Sorry, but what's sigged? :rolleyes:

Family Guy is one of the few shows on tv that I cannot stand. It was created for stupid people who aren't capable of comprehending humor.

My opinion (and don't be angry at me, we're just people with different thoughts): Family Guy is excellent humour. :D
It's okey to not like that humour too, but I really can't understand people that says it sucks. If you don't like it - fine, but it doesn't suck. It's like saying Lance Armstrong was a bad cyclist. ;p

Well, I've said mine. Now I go to bed.

Enjoi
07-27-2008, 06:26 PM

Peeple hoo watch Family Guy arnt stoopid! Yoo juss do'nt get the smartnesest and da geniusnes of the shoo!

mrconeman
07-27-2008, 06:32 PM
I wonder if enjoi will sigg this because his name is in it

GBH2
07-27-2008, 08:32 PM
anyone who hates family guy because it's stupid is just a pompous elitist snob. yeah, it's stupid. yeah, a lot of its fans are retards [perhaps some in this thread Edit: enjoi], but it's still fucking hilarious- although the quality has definitely declined sharply since being back on air.

Bipolar Bear
07-27-2008, 09:22 PM
It's stupid, and that's what makes it funny.
That being said...

http://www.hollywoodrag.com/images/uploads/family_guy_mad.jpg

WebDudette
07-28-2008, 01:46 AM
No, its stupid and thats what makes it stupid.

Sunny
07-28-2008, 03:10 AM

anyone who hates family guy because it's stupid is just a pompous elitist snob.

oh dear god, chill the hell out. what's with the emotional investment in family guy?

i love the show, especially the stupid bits. i think it's absolutely hilarious. however, i'm not going to get all butthurt and upset because people think it sucks. it's just a show, and a pretty silly one, for christ's sake.

Paint_It_Black
07-28-2008, 04:24 AM
I remember back during the lodat scandal, I found one of his profiles for some forum. He had a well though out intelligent sounding thread about why Family Guy sucks (stolen of course) while using a Family Guy avatar. After people asked why he had a family guy avatar, he edited his post saying he randomly found the avatar somewhere and thought it was funny so he used it. Good times.

I love you for being the resident investigator/historian of bbs bullshit.

dff_punk
07-28-2008, 05:30 AM
FG is maybe my most favorite TV show. I love the random sketches and "how anything can happen in there"...

Maybe if I lived in the US, I would have hated it, cause there it is overrated, overplayed and everyone knows it. But in my country, Family Guy was never broadcasted, so very little people know it.

F@ BANKZ
07-28-2008, 05:54 AM
anyone who hates family guy because it's stupid is just a pompous elitist snob.

And anybody who doesn't devalue their son's life in order to get Gumbel 2 Gumbel back on the air is a racist... There I said it.

Stylie
07-28-2008, 06:17 AM
oh dear god, chill the hell out. what's with the emotional investment in family guy?

i love the show, especially the stupid bits. i think it's absolutely hilarious. however, i'm not going to get all butthurt and upset because people think it sucks. it's just a show, and a pretty silly one, for christ's sake.

Yeah ok, I was overreacting. Sorry. -_- Also, it was late.

I thought not liking the humor in a show created specifically to make you laugh is about the best reason to say it sucks, actually.

Nope, I wouldn't say that, actually. I would say that you just don't like the humour in it, and don't like the show. To say it sucks, is pretty...uhm..."drastic", in a way. If a programm suck, it's pretty bad, and Family Guy is well created and has humour that many people enjoys.

And anybody who doesn't devalue their son's life in order to get Gumbel 2 Gumbel back on the air is a racist... There I said it.

HAHAHAH! :D That's just excellent. Actually, I saw this episode when I lay down yesterday.

Stylie
07-28-2008, 06:21 AM
It's stupid, and that's what makes it funny.

Exactly. The humour is so stupid that it makes it funny. Though, some characters are really smart (Stewie!). Stewie is my fav character - the small baby with a man's voice, and a total genius. That little boy is the smartest thing in whole Quahog. ;P

Enjoi
07-28-2008, 06:29 AM
Exactly. The humour is so stupid that it makes it funny. Though, some characters are really smart (Stewie!). Stewie is my fav character - the small baby with a man's voice, and a total genius. That little boy is the smartest thing in whole Quahog. ;P

NO! Quagmire is the best! Giggity giggity!

Enjoi
07-28-2008, 06:30 AM
[QUOTE=Sunny;1162907]butthurt[QUOTE]

wtf does that mean...

Stylie
07-28-2008, 07:14 AM

Yeah, he's great, but not the smartest one. xD

Enjoi
07-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Chris is the smartest one!!

Rag Doll
07-28-2008, 08:21 AM

I am serious. I have never found a show so completely un-funny. Which, as mrconeman said, is exactly why it sucks. It was created to make people laugh. It does not make me laugh. At all. Therefore, it failed at what it was created to do. So, it sucks. It's stupid and repetitive and annoying. As are a lot of the crazed fanboys/fangirls of it.

Stylie
07-28-2008, 08:50 AM
I am serious. I have never found a show so completely un-funny. Which, as mrconeman said, is exactly why it sucks. It was created to make people laugh. It does not make me laugh. At all. Therefore, it failed at what it was created to do. So, it sucks. It's stupid and repetitive and annoying. As are a lot of the crazed fanboys/fangirls of it.

Hahahe. Yeye. We obviously have very different opinions. :)

GBH2
07-28-2008, 09:20 AM

jeez... someone doesn't like poop jokes.

dff_punk
07-28-2008, 09:48 AM

He's my favorite also. Awww right, so which one of you wants to lose your virginity? :p

.::Splinter::.
07-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Family Guy rules..

Jakebert
07-28-2008, 10:19 AM
The first 3 seasons are pretty solid, but it should have just stayed cancelled because everything after it came back has been just awful. I tried watching an episode a few weeks ago where Brian had a human son and Stewie kept trying to have sex with him. It was so unfunny that it made my head hurt. Like, Epic Movie-level bad.

Also, it's probably the most smug show on TV. I've never seen a TV show bash celebrities with such a high level of self-importance before.

dff_punk
07-28-2008, 10:22 AM
I tried watching an episode a few weeks ago where Brian had a human son and Stewie kept trying to have sex with him. It was so unfunny that it made my head hurt. Like, Epic Movie-level bad.

That was perhaps the worst FG episode ever made. But the one which came after it, "Long John Peter", has had pretty good jokes in it.

GBH2
07-28-2008, 10:25 AM
The first 3 seasons are pretty solid, but it should have just stayed cancelled because everything after it came back has been just awful. I tried watching an episode a few weeks ago where Brian had a human son and Stewie kept trying to have sex with him. It was so unfunny that it made my head hurt. Like, Epic Movie-level bad.
definitely agree here. the recent episodes have been pretty bad. and stewie just sucks as a character. it was all well and good when he was just the diabolical baby in the background, but [apparently because of fan response] they decided to try to flesh out his character, and it sucks. with any episode that deals almost exclusively with stewie, i just change the channel.

Also, it's probably the most smug show on TV. I've never seen a TV show bash celebrities with such a high level of self-importance before.
ehem south park?

Jakebert
07-28-2008, 10:33 AM
South Park can get annoying, but no where near as bad as Family Guy. South Park usually just goes with over-the-top caricatures, while Family Guy usually will have like Peter or Stewie just standing there and mocking a celebrity for like a minute at a time for no reason whatsoever. Family Guy is just so arrogent and obnoxious with it.

Lodat225
07-28-2008, 10:49 AM

LOL! Holy shit, that's awesome. Like ... I'm not even joking, that's awesome.

Stylie
07-28-2008, 12:03 PM

Unfortunately, I haven't seen those season (just the first one), so I can't say anything about that. : )

Sunny
07-28-2008, 12:18 PM
if you enjoy Family Guy, you probably would like that episode. it cracked me up. somehow, the more obnoxious the stuff gets, the more entertaining it is.

nieh
07-28-2008, 12:56 PM

I own seasons 1-5 (like 3-4 of them were birthday/christmas presents from my friends). Seasons 1-2 are my favorite, and seasons 3 and 5 were both pretty alright. Four sucked, and I really didn't like any of the episodes I've seen that aren't on the dvds I already own. The one where Stewie actually shoots Lois and it all turns out to be a simulation was not funny at all.

jacknife737
07-28-2008, 01:59 PM
It's no King of the Hill or Futurama, but it can be good for a laugh if nothing else is on.

Stylie
07-28-2008, 03:12 PM
It's no King of the Hill or Futurama, but it can be good for a laugh if nothing else is on.

Futurama is ok for my taste. ;)

Stylie
07-28-2008, 03:17 PM
It was created to make people laugh. It does not make me laugh. At all. Therefore, it failed at what it was created to do. So, it sucks. It's stupid and repetitive and annoying. As are a lot of the crazed fanboys/fangirls of it.

And oh, one more thing...So you're saying that everything you don't like sucks and is bad here in world, just because you don't like it? And no, I'm not trying to argue with you now, it's just a simple question.

Sunny
07-28-2008, 03:26 PM
we had a thread about this already.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33918

XYlophonetreeZ
07-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Pros

Mila Kunis is involved with the show

Cons

It's a cartoon so you can't SEE her.
Everything else about the show also.

Bipolar Bear
07-28-2008, 05:44 PM
And oh, one more thing...So you're saying that everything you don't like sucks and is bad here in world, just because you don't like it? And no, I'm not trying to argue with you now, it's just a simple question.

This guy is absolutely correct. It's not because you don't like something
that it "fails, sucks, and that all its fanboys and fangirls are stupid and annoying".

Cock Joke
07-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I just saw that one where Peter gets a prostate exam & he feels like the doctor tried to molest him. Anyone else see that? Those black & white scenes were fucking hysterical!!!

Another thing I love about Family Guy is the dialogue! It's unique, hilarious, & best of all, immitatable! The dialogue & the randomness is just fucking gold!

nieh
07-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Another thing I love about Family Guy is the dialogue! It's unique, hilarious, & best of all, immitatable! The dialogue & the randomness is just fucking gold!

It's people like you and most ATHF fans that make me ashamed of the fact that I like those shows.

Enjoi
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
It's people like you and most ATHF fans that make me ashamed of the fact that I like those shows.

I LOVE ATHF!!!

Rag Doll
07-28-2008, 06:55 PM

When it comes to this show, then yes, it sucks because I don't find it funny. As someone else said earlier and I already repeated....the purpose of the show is to be funny. I don't find it funny. Therefore, it fails in it's purpose and sucks.

that it "fails, sucks, and that all its fanboys and fangirls are stupid and annoying".

Actually, yes, it is, because my opinion matters more than everyone else's.

Read what I said in my response to him.

Bipolar Bear
07-28-2008, 08:08 PM

LMAO!!!
SIG'ED!

GBH2
07-29-2008, 12:23 AM

I LOVE futurama. it's like the opposite of family guy; many of the things i find most hilarious are very subtle. probably my favorite animated comedy right now

and i've never found king of the hill funny at all...

Stylie
07-29-2008, 03:57 AM

Thank you, this is what I mean!

Yeah, I love it. ;D

When it comes to this show, then yes, it sucks because I don't find it funny. As someone else said earlier and I already repeated....the purpose of the show is to be funny. I don't find it funny. Therefore, it fails in it's purpose and sucks.

Read what I said in my response to him.

Wow, what a total ego you are, then? Ok then folks, every damn comedian shows that Rag Doll doesn't like SUCKS. It's bad, it failed, and it sucks. Just because she don't like it.

Btw, yeah, that's very sigged.

wheelchairman
07-29-2008, 10:26 AM
South Park can get annoying, but no where near as bad as Family Guy. South Park usually just goes with over-the-top caricatures, while Family Guy usually will have like Peter or Stewie just standing there and mocking a celebrity for like a minute at a time for no reason whatsoever. Family Guy is just so arrogent and obnoxious with it.
I find it odd that you can view Family Guy as arrogant and obnoxious, when South Park pretty much just preaches at people for 30 min. at a time.

I like Family Guy. What bothers though I suppose is when people have strong opinions against it, like people who should know better instead of just ignoring it.

Jakebert
07-29-2008, 10:29 AM
I just think the way South Park does it is less annoying for some reason. I find Family Guy to be more condescending.

wheelchairman
07-29-2008, 11:03 AM
South Park preaches....Family Guy doesn't really....

Like every single South Park episode seems to have a moral...

jacknife737
07-29-2008, 02:14 PM
and i've never found king of the hill funny at all...

It's a bit of an acquired taste.

dff_punk
10-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Bump for new season, anyone saw the first episode? I liked it pretty much, a good starter. :)

Jojan
10-02-2008, 05:06 AM
Yeah, I've seen it. It was a lot of fun. Better than the new Simpsons episode.

SaiKYoU
10-02-2008, 08:11 AM
it was ok, but Brian themed episodes are usually boring...

dff_punk
07-08-2009, 05:50 AM
I didn't want to start a new thread, so I bumped this one. The pre-air version of the pilot episode of The Cleveland Show is out. Anyone saw it? I thought it was pretty cool, expected it to be worse. The bear character is kinda nice.

Outerspaceman21
07-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Cleveland got his own show?

dff_punk
07-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Yes, haven't you heard?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cleveland_Show

SelfEsteem94
07-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Family Guy is my all time favorite tv show.

dff_punk
10-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Anyone loved Road To The Multiverse? A very entertaining 8th season debut. Hope that the show keeps this trend for the rest of the season.

Paint_It_Black
10-07-2009, 11:56 PM
I thought it was disappointing. But I still love this show even when it's not great.

T-6005
10-08-2009, 12:02 AM
I like Family Guy. What bothers though I suppose is when people have strong opinions against it, like people who should know better instead of just ignoring it.

I tried. I really, really tried.

But I just HATE it so much...