PDA

View Full Version : Would Offspring ever play Costa Rica??

Varius
10-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Seeings as how they hit South America and Panama, I'm pretty disappointed they didn't get a tour stop in Costa Rica.

I'm originally from Montreal, so can't complain as I've seen Offspring about 8 times....then again the last time I saw them was atleast 3-4 years back, so I'm overdue =)

I know there is a large following here in Costa Rican that would LOVE to see Offspring......any chance of this happening?

We only seem to get older bands here who are somewhat past their prime, like Sepultura and Pantera. The country is awesome and far safer a place than Columbia, so I can't see the reasoning behind skipping it..... :confused:

RonWelty
10-25-2004, 04:55 AM
columbia a safe country ? :eek:

Varius
10-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Hey man. Everything was ok until this part: "and far safer a place than Columbia,"
Is it an attack on us? Well you know what? Fuck you!
Why do you talk about Colombia as if it were a little place, a dirty dark room with walls, floor and roof. You cannot talk about such a big and varied country so generally. What we have here is good and bad as everywhere. But you should know that it is a big mistake to write about something that you don't even really know.
Now, I don't know why they chose ColOmbia (with "o"). But I don't think that they are not going to your country because they are coming here, or anywhere. There must be a real reason. Or maybe it doesn't need any reason. They are not going there just because. It seems to me that your way of thinking really sucks.

I'm happy you are proud of your country and yes I did spell it wrong. However according to world stats, Colombia is a lot more dangerous than Costa Rica. Let's see here:

Columbia Top Rankings (courtesy nationmaster.com - worldwide stats)

1st in:
Crime - Kidnappings
Crime - Kidnappings (per $ GDP)
Crime - Kidnappings (per capita)
Crime - Murders (per capita)
Crime - Sentence Length

2nd in:
Crime - Murders with firearms
Crime - Murders with firearms (per capita)

3rd in:
Crime - Murders

Yeah definately sounds safer :cool:

I think they have some of the most beautiful women in Central/South America though.....but enough of them come here to Costa Rica, I've only been to Columbia once and wasn't that exciting.

D@niel
10-28-2004, 01:09 AM
Yeah, Colombia is not a completely safe place, but at least we are someone in this fucking world, but what's Costa Rica??????? Absolutely NOTHING. I went to Costa Rica two years ago and it's just a little dirty and disgusting place between south america and north america.

So you fucking canadian, stop messing with Colombia. And what's Canada????? They're just the little sister of USA, they just have boring and freezing cites. Canada would change half of its territory for just a little square meters of rain forest from Colombia. Besides canadian men are stupid and canadian women are just fat and ugly.

And what is safe in this world????? just tell me where were two planes crashed against two buildings???????

And the reason of The Offspring for skiping Costa Rica probably was because the president of the country wanted to steal the money of the show, like the former presidents.

So watch out with your words!!!!!! The fact is that I'm going to a The Offspring concert on friday and you probably will be at home jerking off. But don't worry, you still can buy the CD.

And it's writen COLOMBIA noy COLUMBIA, dumb ass

mike
10-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Yeah, Colombia is not a completely safe place, but at least we are someone in this fucking world, but what's Costa Rica??????? Absolutely NOTHING. I went to Costa Rica two years ago and it's just a little dirty and disgusting place between south america and north america.

So you fucking canadian, stop messing with Colombia. And what's Canada????? They're just the little sister of USA, they just have boring and freezing cites. Canada would change half of its territory for just a little square meters of rain forest from Colombia. Besides canadian men are stupid and canadian women are just fat and ugly.

And what is safe in this world????? just tell me where were two planes crashed against two buildings???????

And the reason of The Offspring for skiping Costa Rica probably was because the president of the country wanted to steal the money of the show, like the former presidents.

So watch out with your words!!!!!! The fact is that I'm going to a The Offspring concert on friday and you probably will be at home jerking off. But don't worry, you still can buy the CD.

And it's writen COLOMBIA noy COLUMBIA, dumb assthis isn;t a criticsm of a america is it

Varius
10-28-2004, 01:50 PM

And it's writen COLOMBIA noy COLUMBIA, dumb ass

You have such a poetic way with words. I hope you don't represent the majority of Colombians, or your country needs more help than I thought.

LuH
10-28-2004, 01:55 PM
All you have to do is put more threads like this here and more people from Costa Rica will see... Oh, and wait too! :cool:

Varius
10-30-2004, 05:47 PM
All you have to do is put more threads like this here and more people from Costa Rica will see... Oh, and wait too! :cool:

Well personally I've seen them atleast 6-8 times in my life, so I can't complain. However many of my friends here are pissed, because hardly any alternative or metal bands play here until they are 10 years past their prime.

Berserker
10-30-2004, 06:02 PM
Quizás no fueron porque la gira era por suramérica y no por centroamérica. Lo que te toca es esperar ..... si nosotros aquí en venezuela pudimos esperar mas de 10 años en que vinieran ustedes también ;) .

Mira pana no estoy de acuerdo que hables tan mal de otros países como a mis paisanos de colombia, porque vivas en un país desarrollado como Canadá no te da el derecho de insultar a países menos afortunados; aún así nosotros estamos orgullosos de vivir en dichos países así que piensa primero antes de criticar. Gracias.

curuja
10-30-2004, 06:28 PM
hey.. i got a idea.. why dont you speak english? almost nobody understand spanish..

Mekanos
11-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Quizás no fueron porque la gira era por suramérica y no por centroamérica. Lo que te toca es esperar ..... si nosotros aquí en venezuela pudimos esperar mas de 10 años en que vinieran ustedes también ;) .

Mira pana no estoy de acuerdo que hables tan mal de otros países como a mis paisanos de colombia, porque vivas en un país desarrollado como Canadá no te da el derecho de insultar a países menos afortunados; aún así nosotros estamos orgullosos de vivir en dichos países así que piensa primero antes de criticar. Gracias.

Totally agree. Thanks for your support and good luck in Venezuela! Hope that you enjoyed the concert as much as I did here in Colombia.

offspringbaby2004
11-01-2004, 05:14 PM
I am sure TheOffspring would play anywhere they could, if only there was enough time to do it all.

~mandy~

Mekanos
11-01-2004, 05:47 PM
I'm happy you are proud of your country and yes I did spell it wrong. However according to world stats, Colombia is a lot more dangerous than Costa Rica. Let's see here:

Columbia Top Rankings (courtesy nationmaster.com - worldwide stats)

1st in:
Crime - Kidnappings
Crime - Kidnappings (per $ GDP)
Crime - Kidnappings (per capita)
Crime - Murders (per capita)
Crime - Sentence Length

2nd in:
Crime - Murders with firearms
Crime - Murders with firearms (per capita)

3rd in:
Crime - Murders

Yeah definately sounds safer :cool:

I think they have some of the most beautiful women in Central/South America though.....but enough of them come here to Costa Rica, I've only been to Columbia once and wasn't that exciting.

Hey Varius, you forgot one of our top rankings! I really don´t know why isn´t stated in NationMaster. You see, the World Database of Happiness Report for this year, showed some interesting results. From a survey made in 112 countries, made my the Erasmus de Rotterdam University in Holland, Colombia is the country of the world where people feel happiest. You can check it out in http://www2.eur.nl/fsw/research/happiness/index.htm or directly in http://www2.eur.nl/fsw/research/happiness/hap_nat/findingreports/RankReport2004-1b.htm

You´ll find that even though Denmark is shown on top with an average of 8.0, in the alphabetic full list (satisfaction with life), Colombia has an average of 8.1, over Denmark, Malta and Switzerland, all with 8.0. Canada has 7.6 and Costa Rica... well is not even rated :(

Oh! and you said that you came to Colombia and it wasn´t that exciting, well let me tell you that you were in the wrong places, without a doubt.

And finally, don´t blame The Offspring for not going to Costa Rica just because they came to Colombia (were they rocked!). That is not a logic reason, try to think harder next time.