PDA

View Full Version : Amagawd, life-change on the way.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-28-2008, 07:12 AM
I'm not quite sure why I'm making a thread about this, since it's only really important to me, but I'm very excited, and nervous, and everything.

In 4 weeks time, my girlfriend and I will be moving out of the crapolahole of Walsall, and moving to a gorgeous, quiet little village just outside of Swansea. Though I've sort of been living with her down here, this is the first flat that will officially both be ours - and it's a good 300 miles away from where I live. eek!

I suppose I have to turn this into a participation thread, so tell me about your experiences of first moving out. Not if they're bad though - I'm nervous enough as it is!

Enjoi
07-28-2008, 07:14 AM
I haven't moved out yet.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-28-2008, 07:23 AM
Thank you for that far-reaching and detailed contribution.

Rag Doll
07-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Just wanted to say congratulations! My mens and I wanna move out so bad (he pretty much lives with me in my parents house). Alas, apartments here are WAY more than we could afford until we're done with school.

Thomas
07-28-2008, 08:18 AM
ooh! Sounds nice! Take lots of pictures.

as for me, I'll be moving into a dorm at the university of Arizona in a few weeks, so that's pretty exciting. Other than that, though, there's not a whole lot I can contribute to this thread.

Little_Miss_1565
07-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Congrats! Moving out is scary and awesome. I just had my mom visiting my apartment for the first time since I moved to New York, and that was kind of nice but also a little weird. Like, even though I haven't lived at home since I was 18, it didn't sink in until now that I have my own home where my mom can come visit.

drummerbecca
07-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Congrats. Yeah, having your own place is a big adjustment, but you'll settle into it very quickly, trust me. I lived away from home for two years before my fiance and I split up. It only took a couple of weeks for the novelty of my own place to wear off and things become normal again. Having said that, I worked in a job I hated with a passion and didn't get any time off when I was moving, so I maybe didn't get enough time to take it all in. I hope you can both cook!

WebDudette
07-28-2008, 11:40 AM
I moved all the furniture in my bedroom around just yesterday. It was kind of a change.

Sunny
07-28-2008, 01:35 PM
congrats!! moving out is so exciting.

my first moving out experience involved going to school on a different continent and living with people i regard as family, so i guess it wasn't that much of a shock.

my second and proper moving out was very spontaneous. i'd been dating him (mr sunny) for like a month and a half, and we were just like "wanna move in together? yeah? cool!". aha. it was awesome.

have fun! =)

Endymion
07-28-2008, 01:51 PM
it's not that big a deal. the worst part is having to pay bills. the best part is walking around nude all the time.

Little_Miss_1565
07-28-2008, 02:26 PM
it's not that big a deal. the worst part is having to pay bills. the best part is walking around nude all the time.

Ryan = very yes.

Sunny
07-28-2008, 02:32 PM
on a random note: i got really used to walking around nakey or in undies because all my previous apartments had small windows, so like, who cares. however, i'm currently in a place with floor to ceiling windows in every room... and i keep forgetting. i keep realizing "oh shit, there's people outside and they can see in".
>_>
<_<

Jakebert
07-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Look at it this way, you've probably made some people very happy, and in the end, isn't that what matters?

Bipolar Bear
07-28-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm tempted to post:

"Nobody cares.

End."

0r4ng3
07-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Yes, saying "nobody cares" would totally work, considering this thread has no replies.

Rag Doll
07-28-2008, 07:01 PM
the best part is walking around nude all the time.

my mens is so looking forward to this. every time his mom or my parents go away...he's like "naked time!" and his clothes are gone in like two seconds.

Bipolar Bear
07-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Yes, saying "nobody cares" would totally work, considering this thread has no replies.

Hm yeah sorry I just hate sarcasm way too much and was tempted to make my reply after reading this:

Thank you for that far-reaching and detailed contribution.

Considering the fact that HIS reply to another thread was simply "you're a douche", which would have deserved that response way more.

That being said, good luck on your life-change!

HornyPope
07-28-2008, 10:35 PM
In 4 weeks time, my girlfriend and I will be moving out of the crapolahole of Walsall, and moving to a gorgeous, quiet little village just outside of Swansea. Though I've sort of been living with her down here, this is the first flat that will officially both be ours - and it's a good 300 miles away from where I live. eek!

Not a good idea at all. The calm is going to eat you at your age. But if this is your choice and you really want to live in a village, I can recommend doing something active and fulfilling to pass the time. Otherwise you will find yourself empty and stagnated from the lack of experience and that's one of the worst fates that can befall a young man.

Paint_It_Black
07-29-2008, 01:26 AM
My first experience of moving out was actually moving in with my girlfriend...and her mother and brother. Eventually her mother and brother moved out, allowing us to experience the joys of living alone without all that bothersome packing and heavy lifting.

But good luck with your less awesome method.

Sunny
07-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Look at it this way, you've probably made some people very happy, and in the end, isn't that what matters?

i suppose so! most recently, i burned something on the stove and started jumping up and down with a huge floor cushion in order to direct the smoke towards the balcony and away from the smoke detector. in my undies only. then i noticed a mesmerized office worker staring at me in utter amazement from the building right next to ours. i don't think he knew what i was up to. =/

needless to say, i fled. in shame.

KyleW
07-29-2008, 03:44 AM
Good luck with the moving in. I've still got two years in this hellhole they call a rural town.

Whats the place look like? Post some pictures :)