PDA

View Full Version : "I Forgot The Title Of A Movie"-thread

Tijs
07-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Ever wanted to buy/rent/download a movie you've seen a long time ago but can't remember it's title?

Well, I've got this with two movies. So help me:

Movie #1
I used to love this movie about 10 years ago. Not sure how old it is but I guess it was released around that time, maybe a few years earlier. It was an Indiana Jones-kind a movie. If I remember it correctly it was small group of Americans searching for the 'Golden City'.

The movie starts with a very sick man laying on a bed somewhere in a small town near or in the jungle. He gets murdered by someone (can't remember if it was more than one person) and someone else then chases them in the jungle.

Later in the movie when they discover the Golden City, they sacrifice people by dipping them into a liquid gold, making them golden statues. I can't remember much more than caves, water with a giant whirlpool and stuff like that.

Movie #2
I think it was a pilot for the American Airforce who lost contact with the base and crashed somewhere near a town in Texas. Could've been a different state though. He goes to a town or a road-diner near the crash and finds out he's send back in time, about 50 years back. Later another pilot crashes and they meet each other. I've only seen this movie once so that's basicly all I can remember.

Oxygene
07-28-2008, 02:20 PM
wish I could help I haven't heard of any of those tho....

Cock Joke
07-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Movie #1 is...El Dorado?

Tijs
07-29-2008, 04:59 AM
Nope.. the movie doesn't take place in the Jungle, just a small part of it.

Paint_It_Black
07-29-2008, 06:05 AM
Any chance you can remember any actor that was in either of those movies? That's going to be the easiest way to figure it out.

Autonomist
07-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Does Movie 2 sound like the Roswell That Ends Well episode of Futurama or am I just really blazed right now?

dff_punk
07-29-2008, 07:27 AM
You are blazed. In the Futurama episode, they were sent back in time about 1000 years back, not 50. But maybe the original thing, which Futurama has parodied, could be the one he is mentioning.

Tijs
07-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Any chance you can remember any actor that was in either of those movies? That's going to be the easiest way to figure it out.If I did I would've found the movies already. I only remember the plotlines partially...

killer_queen
07-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Have you tried imdb's boards? It doesn't take more than two minutes to get the correct answer.

Lodat225
07-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Yahoo! Answers blow. :(

Little_Miss_1565
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Wherever you find the answer, Tijs, please report it back here. I love cheesy movies.

Enjoi
07-29-2008, 11:21 AM
theres this one movie that i forgot the name of. theres five people in it. Homer Marge Maggie Bart and Lisa. and they try to save their home town after its been sealed by a huge dome. wat movie is that?

dff_punk
07-29-2008, 11:40 AM
That would have to be "Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story".

0r4ng3
07-29-2008, 12:22 PM
No, I think it's Bender's Big Score.

Jakebert
07-29-2008, 12:36 PM
No, no, it's Manos: The Hands of Fate.

Tijs
07-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Oh yeah! As I was searching the net I suddenly remembered a part of the title of movie #1! I found it!

Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold (1987) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092534/)

Autonomist
08-06-2008, 04:51 AM
Alright, this has been bothering me for days!

I can describe shit all of what I remember about this movie, so just bare with me as much as humanly possible. Can anyone tell me what movie it is where there's some sort of big fight scene (possibly an explosion) and a person sitting in an ice cream van falls down upon the steering wheel, revealing he's been impaled by an ice cream cone to the back of the head?

Lizardus
08-06-2008, 01:09 PM

I can describe shit all of what I remember about this movie, so just bare with me as much as humanly possible. Can anyone tell me what movie it is where there's some sort of big fight scene (possibly an explosion) and a person sitting in an ice cream van falls down upon the steering wheel, revealing he's been impaled by an ice cream cone to the back of the head?

I think i've seen it, but never got the name.

I have a question of my own:

When i was a kid there was this thing on HBO, i don't remember if it was a movie or a series, i only remember watching it several times.

Here's what i remember:

It had a sci fi setting.
A little girl.
A guy that would easily classify as undead.
The guy's civilization apparently discovered a way to either resuscitate people or live longer using some kind of treatment.
I remember that at some point the guy and the girl went back to his planet because he had to get hooked again.

This has been bugging me for months.

Camilamazed
08-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Hahaha I soooo remembered that movie when I read your post Tijs. I used to watch it a lot with my Mom...

zacsta
11-05-2008, 02:14 AM
I remember seeing #2 in a motel or something years ago, I'd completely forgot about that movie till you mentioned it then.
I can't really remember any more than you've said, i'll try and look around for the movie.

Superdope
11-05-2008, 10:38 AM

Could this be Last Action Hero (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107362/) with Schwarzenegger? I think I remember a baddie dying like that.