PDA

View Full Version : Explicit Lyrics - New Album Rant

lorisu
07-30-2008, 12:09 PM
My hubby bought me Rise and Fall and OMG, its CENSORED:eek:! Where are my explicit lyrics? How the FUCK can there be an Offspring album that is bleeped? There was no labeling stating this was a censored album. What the hell? And since I opened it, store won't exchange. I gave them shit for even stocking a punk rock album that doesn't have ALL the lyrics. So disappointed..:mad:

Jojan
07-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Your hubby must have bought it on Wal-Mart. This isn't something new.

Blitzkrieg Bop
07-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Albums which are censored don't state so on the casing, when it has explicit lyrics, a warning label is usually placed on the casing. This is the only way to tell the difference between the original recording and censored version.

drummerbecca
07-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Wow, that's lame. I didn't even know that albums could be bought with censoring. Seriously. It just never occured to me as the ones that do contain swear words or whatever have the PA sticker. I'm guessing the band would have to agree to something like that though, wouldn't they? :confused:

Camilamazed
07-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Whaaaaaat?! The songs were really bleeped?

Capricorn4
07-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Albums which are censored don't state so on the casing, when it has explicit lyrics, a warning label is usually placed on the casing. This is the only way to tell the difference between the original recording and censored version.

Not necessarily,mine doesn't have any warning label and it's not censored.

KHWHD
07-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Not necessarily,mine doesn't have any warming label and it's not censored.

Same here. No censorship label on mine either and there was no bleeping of the sort. DANCEFUCKERDANCE!! :p

drummerbecca
07-30-2008, 12:48 PM
I can't imagine "dance*BLEEP*erdance!" has quite the same effect. That sucks.

Little_Miss_1565
07-30-2008, 12:52 PM
that sucks. Don't buy CD's at Wal-Mart if you don't want them censored.

Blitzkrieg Bop
07-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Not necessarily,mine doesn't have any warning label and it's not censored.

Mine does, if it didn't I would have checked first, rather safe than sorry ;)

Capricorn4
07-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Mine does, if it didn't I would have checked first, rather safe than sorry ;)

Yeah,rather than a "Dance beep dance":).And for the explicit label,maybe it depends on the country.

KHWHD
07-30-2008, 01:04 PM
I bought mine at Zellers (almost the same company as Walmart.) They're very similar. I've never heard of a CD with actual censorship where they take out the swear words. Maybe Canada isn't censored or something? But then again, people swear on TV and on the radio at all hours of the day/night. Weird, sorry you got a "bad" CD.

Capricorn4
07-30-2008, 01:08 PM
I've ordered mine at a book and cd webstore.But censorship in Hungary does exist on tv and radio.

Cock Joke
07-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Tell your husband to throw that shit back in Wal-Mart's ugly face, and get you a new, uncensored copy! Border's oughta have it. I got mine there and they actually don't sell the censored shit.

lost_nvrfound
07-30-2008, 01:33 PM
The same thing happened to me when my brother picked up the music video dvd for me... I Choose just isn't the same...

Rooster
07-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah,rather than a "Dance beep dance":).And for the explicit label,maybe it depends on the country.

It really does depend on the country, and it depends also on which label is the album released, check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_Advisory

My copy doesn't have a PA sticker, and it's NOT censored.

thecraziness
07-30-2008, 03:00 PM
This is the thing it says on the same Wikipedia page,"At Wal-Mart (and until recently K-Mart) stores, only a "clean" version of an album is allowed, and if no "clean" version of the album is available, the album will not be available. However, Wal-Mart's policy on carrying "explicit" versions of music albums in their stores seems to vary by country, as albums with the parental advisory label are found in Canadian Wal-Mart stores, for example.
". So,I highlighted that part so you wouldn't have to go all the way to the end. Yeah,it varies by country. Sorry you got a censored version. K-mart (as seen in the article) is now doing this. I would recomend Borders,Best Buy,or F.Y.E.

Rooster
07-30-2008, 03:16 PM
This is the thing it says on the same Wikipedia page,"At Wal-Mart (and until recently K-Mart) stores, only a "clean" version of an album is allowed, and if no "clean" version of the album is available, the album will not be available. However, Wal-Mart's policy on carrying "explicit" versions of music albums in their stores seems to vary by country, as albums with the parental advisory label are found in Canadian Wal-Mart stores, for example.
". So,I highlighted that part so you wouldn't have to go all the way to the end. Yeah,it varies by country. Sorry you got a censored version. K-mart (as seen in the article) is now doing this. I would recomend Borders,Best Buy,or F.Y.E.

Yeah, you highlighted the right part. But also above the part you highlighted (damn, i hate to type this word :D) on the wikipedia page says in which countries the PA sticker appears:

"The label is also seen (apart from USA i think) in the United Kingdom, Portugal, Greece, Finland, the Netherlands, Brazil, Denmark, South Africa, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada on albums of American origin."

This might explain also why some have the album without the PA label that is not censored.

KHWHD
07-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah, you highlighted the right part. But also above the part you highlighted (damn, i hate to type this word :D) on the wikipedia page says in which countries the PA sticker appears:

"The label is also seen (apart from USA i think) in the United Kingdom, Portugal, Greece, Finland, the Netherlands, Brazil, Denmark, South Africa, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada on albums of American origin."

This might explain also why some have the album without the PA label that is not censored.

There was no PA sticker on mine, and I'm in Canada. *shrugs*

Rooster
07-30-2008, 05:01 PM

Perhaps your copy is not American origin?

jacknife737
07-30-2008, 05:11 PM

Mine didn't have one either.

Redjie
07-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Wow. I didn't know albums could be cleaned like that. I mean, okay in some tv channels and radios they do that, but in albums? dear god.

Free?
07-31-2008, 03:26 AM
I would like to see a censored version of somewhat extra-explicit artist's album. I don't know, like Slipknot for example :D.

Stylie
07-31-2008, 07:35 AM
Wow. I didn't know albums could be cleaned like that. I mean, okay in some tv channels and radios they do that, but in albums? dear god.

Yeah, stuff is messed up... I ordered from USA Amazon, and that album had this sticker (Explit Lyrics or something).

Budzy
08-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Time to give ur hubby the flick if u ask me :D

ZeQuebecois
08-02-2008, 12:07 PM
I bought mine at Zellers (almost the same company as Walmart.) They're very similar. I've never heard of a CD with actual censorship where they take out the swear words. Maybe Canada isn't censored or something? But then again, people swear on TV and on the radio at all hours of the day/night. Weird, sorry you got a "bad" CD.

I just remarked... But hey, my CD was made in Toronto (written on it), maybe that's why...:rolleyes:? Is yours too? Lucky us...!

Or was the Parental Advisory on the backing paper protecting the album?

KHWHD
08-02-2008, 12:17 PM
I just remarked... But hey, my CD was made in Toronto (written on it), maybe that's why...:rolleyes:? Is yours too? Lucky us...!

Or was the Parental Advisory on the backing paper protecting the album?

Mine was made in Toronto too. No PA on mine.

ZeQuebecois
08-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Hey... When I think about it. Do you guys think, if YGGFK is the next single (I know we talked a lot about the next single), that the radio stations will censure it?

Shit it'd suck really bad :mad:

KHWHD
08-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey... When I think about it. Do you guys think, if YGGFK is the next single (I know we talked a lot about the next single), that the radio stations will censure it?

I would say yes, they will.

Rutegard
08-02-2008, 02:35 PM

probably they will....specially in USA...here i'm not sure...probably they won't since no one gets english language ehehe

and yeah...no pa sticker on mine tool

ThunderPX
08-03-2008, 05:40 AM
The only CDs I have with "parental advisory" on them are Papa Roach albums. Which just goes to show that censorship is very silly, just like Papa Roach.

SK8rocka
08-03-2008, 03:51 PM
I brought my copy from k-mart and there was no sensorship.
but there was a swearing label...maybe its because im in australia.
yeh....maybe.