PDA

View Full Version : A duet

Buller
07-31-2008, 12:17 AM
I was thinking of an artist that Dexter could sing a duet with (I know its not gonna happen) male or female.. I think it could work with Pink. She has kinda a rebel attitude

hmm or maybe Bob Dylan :cool:

What do you think?

jacknife737
07-31-2008, 12:26 AM
If i were to pick a women, it would be Agent M, formerly of Tsunami Bomb. For another guy, i think either Dicky Barrett of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, or Jim Lindberg of Pennywise would be a good fit.

holland25
07-31-2008, 01:28 AM
With Blag Dahlia from The Dwarves. And they will call those songs Salt Lake City and Massacre.

Free?
07-31-2008, 02:49 AM
And with Redman they would do Original Prankster. Lol.
As Dexter and Noodles said in one interview, Noodles wanted to play a ballad with Celine Dion and Dexter wanted to do a heavy metal song with her.
I think I will come up with some duet ideas later.

mrs_hollandova
07-31-2008, 05:24 AM
Dexter should sing with ME! Hehe. Any song... But my favourite is Whiskey in the jar by Metallica, so we can make duet somehow... Or... he will sing and I will just stay next to him and watch him... but its not duet, is it?

Jojan
07-31-2008, 05:53 AM
And with Redman they would do Original Prankster. Lol.
As Dexter and Noodles said in one interview, Noodles wanted to play a ballad with Celine Dion and Dexter wanted to do a heavy metal song with her.
I think I will come up with some duet ideas later.

She did a AC/DC cover, right? I think I read that it was voted the worst cover song ever.

Buller
07-31-2008, 06:44 AM
She did a AC/DC cover, right? I think I read that it was voted the worst cover song ever.

She did a Tim Cristensen (former dizzy mizz lizzy singer from Denmark) cover.. It was pretty bad..

I read somewhere that The Wallflowers cover of David Bowies "Hero" was voted the worst cover song ever

F@ BANKZ
07-31-2008, 06:58 AM
Lemmy, the idea of Offspring/Motorhead is growing more appealing by the day for me.

danitanev
07-31-2008, 08:38 AM
If Dexter has to sing with a woman I think it'll be great to sing with Shirley Manson from Garbage, but maybe they'll sound like crap, cause she's got really powerfull voice! :)

-=Xander=-
07-31-2008, 08:44 AM
With Blag Dahlia from The Dwarves. And they will call those songs Salt Lake City and Massacre.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA Thats greats.

Little_Miss_1565
07-31-2008, 11:28 AM
What about Davey Havok? Maybe a harder song, then maybe a punk rock slow jam. The sort of thing that would have fit perfectly on Black Sails. ;)

cool 2 hate 681
07-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Greg Graffin

DefaultNinja
07-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Greg Graffin

Him or Fat Mike, although I have the feeling Fat Mike wouldn't want to.

Rutegard
07-31-2008, 03:39 PM
I was thinking of an artist that Dexter could sing a duet with (I know its not gonna happen) male or female.. I think it could work with Pink. She has kinda a rebel attitude

hmm or maybe Bob Dylan :cool:

What do you think?

pink or that girl from the distillers....her voice is so powerfull!!

brody, that's her name!!

nameless
07-31-2008, 03:44 PM
dexter and noodles did a good version of a britney spears song, maybe thats a bit of a long shot though!

Szandi
07-31-2008, 03:55 PM
I visualised as Dexter are singing with Britney Spears or Marilyn Manson.....
That would be very funny.

RGR22
07-31-2008, 04:04 PM
How about... Billie Joe Armstrong!!! LOL

Budzy
08-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Personally, i could see Dexter do well as a spice girl.

Free?
08-01-2008, 03:07 AM

Haha, first I thought you were talking about Redman (:confused:). And, yeah, here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5D2pGsZhbo&feature=related)'s the cover you were talking about. Watching her making Angus move is hillarious :D

lost_nvrfound
08-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Has any one self_nominated yet? That was my first instinct. However, Dexter would have to sing the high notes, I'm still in the process of working back up to soprano, but he's already there. But I'd be too afraid of becoming the crazed fan and it ending badly to tell the truth.

Redjie
08-02-2008, 05:35 AM
Personally, i could see Dexter do well as a spice girl.

What about those Dolls Pussy or whatever is their name ? :D
edit: Pussycat Dolls, yeah, that's it.

Free?
08-02-2008, 02:57 PM
What about those Dolls Pussy or whatever is their name ? :D
edit: Pussycat Dolls, yeah, that's it.

Dolls Pussy :D:D:D

I would like to see a duet of Dexter and Davey Havok singing Totalimmortal. Since they both were working on the original and the cover, they could switch lead/backvocals on verses/choruses. Like 1st verse Dexter does leads, 2nd verse Davey does them. Would be interesting to watch, dontcha think?

OffspringFreakess
08-02-2008, 03:22 PM
i think a duet with greg antonitto from the bouncing souls would be ACE!
and i agree with the shirley manson comment :D

ThunderPX
08-03-2008, 05:36 AM

Actually I thought everyone except Brett in BR didn't really like The Offspring anyway.

And Fat Mike would only toss out picks to the crowd. :P *runs*

Free?
08-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Actually I thought everyone except Brett in BR didn't really like The Offspring anyway.

And Fat Mike would only toss out picks to the crowd. :P *runs*

Fat Mike can do much more than just that!

ancalan
08-03-2008, 10:40 AM
.......Fred Durst..oh no.....i`m just kiddin`!....with that "gangsta" raper......but for real, he could sing with chester bennington or bruce dickinson or deryck whibley....

Rutegard
08-03-2008, 03:28 PM
brody armstrong ppl

brody armstrong...

but i guess she's not armstrong anymore LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6iKqOMPZTw - can you imagine? hard voice (girl) vs soft voice (guy) :D so cute

iPunk247
08-28-2008, 12:19 AM
brody armstrong ppl

brody armstrong...

but i guess she's not armstrong anymore LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6iKqOMPZTw - can you imagine? hard voice (girl) vs soft voice (guy) :D so cute

awww...

hell motherfucken yes

finally someone totally

agreeds with me handsdown

.....wow

Buller
08-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Dexter and Bruce Springsteen... Hmm maybe that would be at little wierd..

So how about Michael Stipe from R.E.M.. They used to be great so Dexter could help them get back on track..

Rutegard
09-01-2008, 02:53 AM
awww...

hell motherfucken yes

finally someone totally

agreeds with me handsdown

.....wow

oh yeah :D

i like you :) ahahahah

iPunk247
09-01-2008, 03:00 AM
oh yeah :D

i like you :) ahahahah

Yay! me t00. :cool::cool:

medi01
09-01-2008, 03:30 AM

yeh i don't think he's liked them coz they switched to a major label, but seeing as they didnt have much chance to stay on epitaph it wasnt really they're fault

Free?
09-01-2008, 04:22 AM
yeh i don't think he's liked them coz they switched to a major label, but seeing as they didnt have much chance to stay on epitaph it wasnt really they're fault

I think The Offspring and NOFX are friends :eek:. Maybe not close ones, but there is no such thing as "NOFX doesn't like The Offspring".

Rutegard
09-01-2008, 04:23 AM
I think The Offspring and NOFX are friends :eek:. Maybe not close ones, but there is no such thing as "NOFX doesn't like The Offspring".

yes they are

just like vandals and other bands

medi01
09-01-2008, 08:32 AM

you're probably right...i forgot exactly what they sed that gave me that impression:

Interviewer: Can you name any one punk band that made a good move to the majors?

Fat Mike: Green Day. They’re the only punk band I know of that was successful switching from an indie to a major. Punk band, we’re talking about.How many did bad on major labels? Bad Religion, Offspring…

it just seemed that he hinted that their move to a major label made them worse, and if they liked each other then thats not the sorta thing u'd expect him to say...but no way is that for sure

Rutegard
09-01-2008, 08:38 AM
you're probably right...i forgot exactly what they sed that gave me that impression:

it just seemed that he hinted that their move to a major label made them worse, and if they liked each other then thats not the sorta thing u'd expect him to say...but no way is that for sure

fat mike does not know what the hell he is talking about!!

stupid vegetarian LOL

:p

medi01
09-01-2008, 08:41 AM
...I also found this on the bands Q&A:

"This may sound like a dumb question, but I heard The Offspring's "You gotta keep em separated" on the radio the other day, before they sold out, and during the song, a voice that sounds like El Hefe's says "You gotta keep em separated." I was wondering if in fact the voice actually is the illustrious El Hefe?

Absolutely not, how dare you. fuck off ass munch. -EL HEFE

jacknife737
09-01-2008, 01:40 PM
The band is on good terms with Nofx. On their 2003 album War on Errorism, they even thank the Offspring in the booklet. And The Offspring thanked Nofx in the Ixnay on the Hombre booklet. Nofx always talks shit about other people, they’re a bunch of jokers.

Also, from an interview with Fat Mike regarding his political activism, was either from the New York Times, or LA Times.

After the meeting of liberal players in New York, Burkett and Goodstein visited several record labels to ask for contributions to their cause. Nobody gave. (Although eventually a member of the Offspring gave $10,000.) The process made Burkett very uncomfortable, as it was contrary to punk's core ethic: DIY -- do it yourself.

And the band appeared on a couple of Fat Mike's comps (Rock Against Bush Vol 1 and Short Music for Short People). Nothing to suggest the band is on bad terms wtih Nofx.

Rutegard
09-01-2008, 01:46 PM
The band is on good terms with Nofx. On their 2003 album War on Errorism, they even thank the Offspring in the booklet. And The Offspring thanked Nofx in the Ixnay on the Hombre booklet. Nofx always talks shit about other people, they’re a bunch of jokers.

Also, from an interview with Fat Mike regarding his political activism, was either from the New York Times, or LA Times.

And the band appeared on a couple of Fat Mike's comps (Rock Against Bush Vol 1 and Short Music for Short People). Nothing to suggest the band is on bad terms wtih Nofx.

could you post a link for that interview?

jacknife737
09-01-2008, 02:05 PM
could you post a link for that interview?

I don't have a link, but i have it saved to a word file. Send me a PM and i can e-mail it to you.

Rutegard
09-01-2008, 02:09 PM
I don't have a link, but i have it saved to a word file. Send me a PM and i can e-mail it to you.

thanks a lot :D