PDA

View Full Version : The New RFRG single?!

Camilamazed
07-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Well, I actually don't know what the new single is going to be, but I just heard "Let's hear it for the rock bottom" on XM Radio.

=D

KyleW
07-31-2008, 02:26 PM
Judging from most redio stations, promotions and gigs it looks like Your Gonna Go Far, Kid is gunna be single #2

dff_punk
07-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Judging from most redio stations, promotions and gigs it looks like Your Gonna Go Far, Kid is gunna be single #2

QFT.
And I strongly doubt Rock Bottom is gonna be the second single. Imho it's one of the weakest on the album. But.. who knows?

KHWHD
07-31-2008, 02:34 PM

I hope so. :)

KyleW
07-31-2008, 02:36 PM
I hope so. :)

I would have prefered half-truism but im just one person, YGGFK is definately the best choice in general :)

Jaded skies
07-31-2008, 02:39 PM
what ever it is i hope they do it soon....

jacknife737
07-31-2008, 02:52 PM
I think, now that August is almost upon us, the band will be making an "official" announcement concerning the next single (YGGF, K).

Rutegard
07-31-2008, 02:55 PM
I think, now that August is almost upon us, the band will be making an "official" announcement concerning the next single (YGGF, K).

i'm glad that the band will make an official announcement....cause i don't think i would like to hear an unofficial annoucement from them...ya know what i'm saying?...;):p

drex878
07-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Well, I actually don't know what the new single is going to be, but I just heard "Let's hear it for the rock bottom" on XM Radio.

=D

Yeah I heard it on Ethel.

effreyj
07-31-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm from philly and i called the local rock station wysp and asked them about it and they said "You're gonna go far kid" is the new single and they told me they'd play it but they played Self Esteem instead for some reason.

Stylie
07-31-2008, 03:31 PM
And I strongly doubt Rock Bottom is gonna be the second single. Imho it's one of the weakest on the album.

I was going to say the exact same thing.
Many people here have said they have heard other RAFRAG songs on radio, so it's not "odd" that they played LHIFRB, I guess. : )

But'eh...isn't it on feckin time to get a new official single, and a new music video!? This is the first time I've been "on to" a new album release, so I don't know how long it takes to band get out singles, videos and such - but isn't it on time now? It's over 1 month since the album got released, almost one and a half.

Stylie
07-31-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm from philly and i called the local rock station wysp and asked them about it and they said "You're gonna go far kid" is the new single and they told me they'd play it but they played Self Esteem instead for some reason.

Yeah. I think it's a reason why the album has this sticker "Includes Hammerhead and You're Gonna Go Far, Kid". ;)

Ninty Man
07-31-2008, 06:26 PM
MMM... Guys, don't you realize that It won't have a second official single??? I'm pretty sure about my statement

RonWelty
07-31-2008, 07:16 PM
the band needs to change the person who is in charge of the marketing... itīs a really bad ideia send to radio a lot of songs to be played, because if itīs not the same tune getting repeated in the radio, the mainstream "market" will not take any notice. But they "should" know what theyīre doing, but itīs very sad that, at least, in Portugal, their new record is already in that green/promotion/best price section :(

Little_Miss_1565
07-31-2008, 07:46 PM
You guys! I think i've mentioned this before. There are radio formats that are album-based and can play whatever cut from an album that they want. Ethel is the modern rock/alternative XM station so I'm not sure why they'd be playing Rock Bottom, but whatever. I don't think a second single is really going to take off until they announce some US tour dates. Like a legit tour, not just a few festival dates.

lost_nvrfound
07-31-2008, 07:53 PM
But'eh...isn't it on feckin time to get a new official single, and a new music video!? This is the first time I've been "on to" a new album release, so I don't know how long it takes to band get out singles, videos and such - but isn't it on time now? It's over 1 month since the album got released, almost one and a half.
They've been taking breaks here in the last couple weeks and they've got another now. Thats probably when a new music video was scheduled for the making. They don't take long to shoot. Its the editing that takes forever.

MMM... Guys, don't you realize that It won't have a second official single??? I'm pretty sure about my statement
On any major album by a band, there is almost always at least a second single. The singles are what make people notice. The last Three Days Grace album had 3 or 4.

IamSam
07-31-2008, 08:08 PM
You guys! I think i've mentioned this before. There are radio formats that are album-based and can play whatever cut from an album that they want. Ethel is the modern rock/alternative XM station so I'm not sure why they'd be playing Rock Bottom, but whatever. I don't think a second single is really going to take off until they announce some US tour dates. Like a legit tour, not just a few festival dates.

Listen to DJ Schooly Marm. She is wise.

T_immortal
08-01-2008, 09:56 AM
On their IMEEM page under the music tab, Kristy and Half truism appear twice? Maybe some sort of indication? I for one would half truism as a single, but YGGFk isn't a bad choice either

zsk
08-01-2008, 11:33 AM

i think they announced that krusty are you doing ok is the second and yggfk the 3th songle is

KHWHD
08-01-2008, 11:38 AM
i think they announced that krusty are you doing ok is the second and yggfk the 3th songle is

Sorry, but I laughed at that. :D

Little_Miss_1565
08-01-2008, 11:43 AM

Singles can potentially be different in other countries from the U.S., don't forget.

Stylie
08-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Sorry, but I laughed at that. :D

Krusty...that sounded heavy. :P

FunkRussia
08-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Holy Shit! IMHO, The next single is... Half-Truism. :cool:

Budzy
08-01-2008, 07:11 PM
YGGFK then Nothingtown- the most underated song ever.
I could just see people loving that song, walking around singing it.

lost_nvrfound
08-01-2008, 07:23 PM
YGGFK then Nothingtown- the most underated song ever.
I could just see people loving that song, walking around singing it.
I think nothingtown is a hilarious song to have come from and bunch of guys who grew up in orange county.

Alex101
08-01-2008, 07:41 PM

Most likely. According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Offspring_discography#Singles), the song had already reached the charts. It reached #114 on Billboard Hot 100 and #38 on Hot Modern Rock Tracks.

KHWHD
08-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Krusty...that sounded heavy. :P

Very... lol. :D ;)

FelipeOffspringBrazil
08-02-2008, 09:00 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/OFFSPRING-VERY-RARE-PROMO-YOURE-GONNA-GO-FAR-KID-2008_W0QQitemZ320279875281QQihZ011QQcategoryZ307QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Promo today, tomorrow it could be the new single.

cool 2 hate 681
08-02-2008, 09:10 AM
i just hope they start filming the music video soon

Stylie
08-02-2008, 09:34 AM
i just hope they start filming the music video soon

I think and hope they're finished with that.

Rutegard
08-02-2008, 01:31 PM

and i hope it will be a very good one!!

Stylie
08-02-2008, 03:01 PM
and i hope it will be a very good one!!

VERY good one. ^^

I_Don't_Know
08-02-2008, 03:08 PM
If all the songs were to be released as singles, this is what I think the order would be from strongest to weakest.

1. Hammerhead
2. Half-Truism
3. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
4. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
5. Trust In You
6. Takes Me Nowhere
7. A Lot Like Me
8. Rise And Fall
9. Stuff Is Messed Up
10. Nothingtown
11. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom
12. Fix You

rise_and_fall
08-04-2008, 02:49 AM
YGGFK is most likely going to be the new single, I heard it yesterday on the radio in Sydney, Australia which is the first song I've heard from the album on the radio to date.

danitanev
08-04-2008, 04:44 AM
Hey everybody here says - "hey I heard this song or that song on the radio, so probably is going to be the new single" - "where it'll end nobody knows"!
Doesn't really matter, but I don't think Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom is going to be their next single! I hope it'll be YGGFK! :)

Jesus
08-04-2008, 04:56 AM
I don't think a director has been even chosen (haven't read anything about it at the usual sources). So I don't expect it to be out soon. Or they'd have to use some live performance as a video.
I think the video will be out around the same time they announce a bunch of tourdates. Or if sony goes crazy and decides to stop pushing the album, we won't get one (or they'd have to finance it themselves obviously).

Stylie
08-04-2008, 09:54 AM
I don't think a director has been even chosen (haven't read anything about it at the usual sources). So I don't expect it to be out soon. Or they'd have to use some live performance as a video.
I think the video will be out around the same time they announce a bunch of tourdates. Or if sony goes crazy and decides to stop pushing the album, we won't get one (or they'd have to finance it themselves obviously).

Hm. Well I don't know, but I hope. And if we won't get one - I'm going bad. PUSH Sony, PUSH. *ell-oh-ell*

snake
08-05-2008, 02:14 PM
YGGFK is next single, iīve heard it today on croatian music radio. hope video is gonna be awesome. iīm dissapointed because they didint make better video for hammerhead, it is one of best songs on the album, if not the best. what a waste! only if they make a video for shit is fucked up... jesus....

cool 2 hate 681
08-05-2008, 02:18 PM
this is from the kroq furious 5@9 8/4/08

1. M.I.A. "Paper Planes"
2. One Day As A Lion "Wild International"
3. Slipknot "Psychosocial"
4. The Offspring "You're Gonna Go Far Kid"
5. MGMT "Kids"

maybe a music video will make it #1 again

note the offspring were not on the 8/5/08 countdown

for 8/6/08

1. M.I.A. "Paper Planes"
2. The Offspring "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid "
3. One Day As A Lion "Wild International"
4. MGMT "Kids"
5. Scars on Broadway "World Long Gone"

for 8/7/08

1. M.I.A. "Paper Planes"
2. The Offspring "You're Gonna Go Far Kid"
4. MGMT "Kids"
5. One Day As A Lion "Wild International"

for 8/11/08

1. M.I.A. "Paper Planes"
2. The Offspring "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid"
3. One Day As A Lion "Wild International"
4. Atmosphere "You"
5. Scars on Broadway "World Long Gone"

the offspring were not on the 8/12/08 countdown

for 8/13/08

1. M.I.A. "Paper Planes"
2. Scars on Broadway "World Long Gone"
3. MGMT "Kids"
4. The Offspring"You're Gonna Go Far, Kid"
5. One Day As A Lion "Wild International"

for 8/19/08

1. M.I.A. "Paper Planes"
2. Scars on Broadway"World Long Gone"
3. MGMT "Kids"
4. The Offspring "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid"
5. Rise Against "Re-Education (Through Labor)"

hshduppsnt
08-05-2008, 02:27 PM
this is from the kroq furious 5@9 8/4/08

1. M.I.A. "Paper Planes"
2. One Day As A Lion "Wild International"
4. The Offspring "You're Gonna Go Far Kid"
5. MGMT "Kids"

maybe a music video will make it #1 again

odd...
last night when i was listening... it was definitely #2...Above slipknot...
one day as a lion was 5, mgmt 4...

agreed though a video will help it even more