PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring's slow songs!

Stylie
08-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Okey! Let's discuss, argue and so on about The Offspring's slow songs. Also, make a list. I don't remember everyone now, so add those you know that's not on the list, and I'll update it.

A Lot Like Me (Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace)
Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? (Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace)
Fix You (Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace)
Race Against Myself (Splinter)
When You're In Prison (Splinter)
Denial, Revisited (Conspiracy of One)
Vultures (Conspiracy of One)
Gone Away (Ixnay on the Hombre)
Amazed (Ixnay on the Hombre)
Dirty Magic (Ignition)

I'm 100% sure that I (or someone else) made a thread about this, but I don't find the thread under "my posts" or by searching, so I made a new one.

nightvision
08-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Dirty Magic, Amazed, Vultures, Race Against Myself?

Tijs
08-02-2008, 12:04 PM
First half of Pay The Man, When You're in Prison.

It also depends on the person.

Stylie
08-02-2008, 01:28 PM

Yeah, Dirty Magic and Vultures is kinda slow songs, but it's another type of slow song, if you understand me. Though, I'm gonna put it on the list.

Race Against Myself is there already. Amazed - yep!

First half of Pay The Man, When You're in Prison.
It also depends on the person.

Actually, I don't consider Pay The Man as that kind of slow song. What do you guys think?

Rutegard
08-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah, Dirty Magic and Vultures is kinda slow songs, but it's another type of slow song, if you understand me. Though, I'm gonna put it on the list.

Race Against Myself is there already. Amazed - yep!

Actually, I don't consider Pay The Man as that kind of slow song. What do you guys think?

the first part is...i think so ...

Living in Chaos
08-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Why Don't You Get A Job and Worst Hangover Ever are slow songs.

Jojan
08-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Da Hui is a fucking slow song.

DUKENT
08-02-2008, 05:41 PM

Right, man!

Stylie
08-02-2008, 05:44 PM

Maybe WDYGAJ?, but not Worst Hangover Ever. How do you find that slow? I would say it got normal speed.

Yeah, that's one of the slowest. Or maybe Cool To Hate?

KHWHD
08-02-2008, 05:54 PM

Ummm... neither one are slow songs. :confused:

Living in Chaos
08-03-2008, 07:15 AM
Ummm... neither one are slow songs. :confused:

How exactly are they not slow songs?? They're both at similar (I said similar, not the same) tempos.
Hell, they're slower in tempo than Dirty Magic which is on the list with no complaints whatsoever.

Fast Tempo - All I Want
Mid Tempo - Million Miles Away
Slow Tempo - Why Don't You Get A Job.

zsk
08-03-2008, 07:26 AM
defy you is hard but not fast!

KHWHD
08-03-2008, 07:45 AM
How exactly are they not slow songs?? They're both at similar (I said similar, not the same) tempos.
Hell, they're slower in tempo than Dirty Magic which is on the list with no complaints whatsoever.

Fast Tempo - All I Want
Mid Tempo - Million Miles Away
Slow Tempo - Why Don't You Get A Job.

Ok, so I must hear their music differently than you do? :rolleyes: I'm not going to argue with you, because they aren't slow songs. And they aren't similar tempos either.

Free?
08-03-2008, 08:23 AM
This thread should been called "slower songs". Because if you look only at Offspring music, I'd call WDYGAJ slow, but if you look in overall, it would be just slower. You know, Offspring tends to play in fast tempo's usually, that's why Living In Chaos finds Million Miles Away mid-tempo while it's pretty fast. And there exist loads of songs that are faster than All I Want and slower than Denial, Revisited.

disclaimer_07
08-03-2008, 08:25 AM
It's always hard to tell if a song is fast or slow.... We will end up arguing.

ancalan
08-03-2008, 10:44 AM

I am holdin with your great opinion.......

Living in Chaos
08-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Ok, so I must hear their music differently than you do? :rolleyes: I'm not going to argue with you, because they aren't slow songs. And they aren't similar tempos either.

Hey, I don't mean to create an arguement, but I just can't see how Why Don't You Get a Job is faster than Dirty Magic. Oh well, guess we'll just accept our differences of opinion and move on. :)

Rutegard
08-03-2008, 03:25 PM
It's always hard to tell if a song is fast or slow.... We will end up arguing.

yeah...people can't reach an opinion shared by everyone...but nevertheless i like to hear your opinions :D

nameless
08-03-2008, 03:31 PM
yeah...people can't reach an opinion shared by everyone...but nevertheless i like to hear your opinions :D

someone could work out the bpm, then there would be no arguments over slow and fast tempos! in my opinion a slow song is one like gotta get away or vultures, they have that laid back feel to them!

Skinny
08-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Don't forget Intermission!!

danitanev
08-04-2008, 01:08 PM

Fuck Yeah! Da Hui is the slowest The Offspring song ever! :D

danitanev
08-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Okey! Let's discuss, argue and so on about The Offspring's slow songs. Also, make a list. I don't remember everyone now, so add those you know that's not on the list, and I'll update it.

Dirty Magic (Ignition)

I'm 100% sure that I (or someone else) made a thread about this, but I don't find the thread under "my posts" or by searching, so I made a new one.

Hey what about Defy You I think it's nice slow song with great acoustic version! :)

Free?
08-04-2008, 01:23 PM
We feel a song is slow when it's calm usually. Imagine Dirty Magic with not bass + calm guitar verses as it is but with powerchords and loud vocals (like choruses in Gone Away), would you still call it a slow song? Tempo would stay the same but the feeling would be really different.
So we are arguing about what are Offspring slow songs, not discussing them, but, imo, it's not much to discuss.

Out on Patrol
08-04-2008, 03:32 PM

Dirty Magic (Ignition)

Hey, you forgot Nitro!!!!

0_o

What do you consider for a SLOW song????

Slow songs:

Fix You
Kristy
Race Against Myself
Denial, Revisited
Gone Away

If you consider Dirty Magic or Amazed a slow song, then you've never listened to Wild Horses....

holland25
08-04-2008, 03:56 PM
They actually are slow songs.