PDA

View Full Version : Letīs pray for a good new video!

mrs_hollandova
08-02-2008, 12:57 PM
I really believe that good old times will come back and Offspring will start to make great videos again. Itīs very important for fans and for new album as well, īcause the songs are really good.

So who wants a nice new video in "Americana" era style?

We need to make some noise!

Rutegard
08-02-2008, 02:04 PM
ixnay era is also cool :D great videos!!

Pranksta
08-02-2008, 03:58 PM
I agree. Anything pre-Splinter would be great.

Jojan
08-02-2008, 05:40 PM
I think it would be awesome to have a Ixnay on the Hombre/Smash era kind of video. With that low budget quality to it. Maybe something that Dexter made.

lost_nvrfound
08-02-2008, 08:37 PM
I have this theory that the Hammerhead contest was really just a way for them to find a new face to direct a video... but its just my own wishful thinking theory

Budzy
08-02-2008, 10:36 PM
I would be extremely happy with just a Can't Repeat style video.
Or just a live glorified vid of themselves at a concert.

Budzy
08-02-2008, 10:39 PM
AND OMG OFF TOPIC but Come Out and Play is playing right now on channel Max.
number 39# on the top 50 rock songs! :D

lost_nvrfound
08-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Well, that song was kind of a big deal when it hit the airwaves...

Budzy
08-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Well, that song was kind of a big deal when it hit the airwaves...

yeah i no but i piss myself in excitement whenever i hear the offspring play on radio/TV.

lost_nvrfound
08-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Haha! I know the feeling. My friends all think I'm a major dork for that.

RODNEYMULLEN
08-02-2008, 11:55 PM
I just don't like when bands aren't in thier videos. It's like they don't give a shit, they just pay someone else to do it or something. So i hope offspring is in thier next video.

mrs_hollandova
08-03-2008, 03:31 AM
I would be extremely happy with just a Can't Repeat style video.
Or just a live glorified vid of themselves at a concert.

Yes! Concert video would be nice!

Rutegard
08-03-2008, 01:51 PM
I just don't like when bands aren't in thier videos. It's like they don't give a shit, they just pay someone else to do it or something. So i hope offspring is in thier next video.

yeah...i want them to be there...but i guess they don't really like to shoot videos...must be hard and boring..

lost_nvrfound
08-03-2008, 08:19 PM
That is why they should hire a youthful mind such as mine, to make the experience fun for everybody!

IamSam
08-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Idea for You're Gonna Go Far Kid:

Setting: The band will be playing in a room with TV screens all around them. Large ones...say...62 inchers. The band will be focused on mainly during the pre-choruses. They will get some face time during the versus and chorus of course, but not a whole lot.

The video will show a sharp dressed man lying about various things that everyone knows about. He will be lying and the crowd will be buying it. He uses a television by him showing the lies he is propagating. (The band's TV's surrounding them will be showing the truths to the issues brought up). In secret, he's a robot being run by powerful men with bad motives. You will see these men getting paid behind the stage by the people they are lying about/for. He'll finally have problems during the pre-chorus where the guitars cut out. He will start smoking and a small explosion will happen on his chest. The crowd will investigate and find out he is a robot being run by others. At the outset of the loud final chorus they then rush the back of the stage, angry, and attack the people who had been controlling him.

Alex101
08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Darn tootin' it would!

lost_nvrfound
08-03-2008, 09:17 PM

I really like the CGMHAY video. I thought it was AWESOME!

Stylie
08-04-2008, 05:09 AM

Yep, me too. I like them all.

Splinter[PI]
08-04-2008, 05:12 AM
Yep, me too. I like them all.

CGMHAY was very unique; that's why I like it.

danitanev
08-04-2008, 01:34 PM
I really believe that good old times will come back and Offspring will start to make great videos again. Itīs very important for fans and for new album as well, īcause the songs are really good.

So who wants a nice new video in "Americana" era style?

We need to make some noise!

Hey, I like your idea "Americana" video style or CO1 style - I think it's good too! :cool:

Pranksta
08-04-2008, 04:16 PM

The concept of that video was interesting, but it didn't turn out as good as it looked on paper. Too choppy.

Now that I think of it, the second version of Can't Repeat was pretty good, but the "official" one still seems to be the original - the one with only the band - it's even on the complete music video collection.

Out on Patrol
08-04-2008, 06:32 PM
I'd like some live shoot on their next video.

I liked the CGMHAY video

Stylie
08-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Now that I think of it, the second version of Can't Repeat was pretty good, but the "official" one still seems to be the original - the one with only the band - it's even on the complete music video collection.

I've just seen this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy_YpPvlHiw
What's the other?

Jesus
08-05-2008, 09:51 AM
I've just seen this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy_YpPvlHiw
What's the other?
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/offspring%2Brepeat/video/x3plbi_the-offspring-cant-repeat-ver2_music

Stylie
08-05-2008, 10:06 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/offspring%2Brepeat/video/x3plbi_the-offspring-cant-repeat-ver2_music

WOW! I love that video! Thanks.
What's the story behind this? Why is it two versions?

Jesus
08-05-2008, 10:14 AM
WOW! I love that video! Thanks.
What's the story behind this? Why is it two versions?

Yeah I think that version is actually one of their best videos ever.

Don't know why exactly, the first version video was out in the US and I wanted to make a good rip of it for theoffspring.info when it came out in Europe so I tuned into mtv, but they played this version instead. A bit later they also played that version in the US, but not so much.
Maybe the video wasn't ready in time (or didn't like the editing of it), so they just released the performance. They should have just done this second version straight away if they had the chance though, cause it's way better. If you aren't a fan of the band a full performance video is generally quite boring.

Stylie
08-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah I think that version is actually one of their best videos ever.

Don't know why exactly, the first version video was out in the US and I wanted to make a good rip of it for theoffspring.info when it came out in Europe so I tuned into mtv, but they played this version instead. A bit later they also played that version in the US, but not so much.
Maybe the video wasn't ready in time (or didn't like the editing of it), so they just released the performance. They should have just done this second version straight away if they had the chance though, cause it's way better. If you aren't a fan of the band a full performance video is generally quite boring.

Ahha. That's strange...they never said anything about this?
And yeah, that was a freakin' good music video. *must...watch it...again*

http://logo.cafepress.com/6/921118.2106316.jpg

Free?
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Idea for You're Gonna Go Far Kid:

Setting: The band will be playing in a room with TV screens all around them. Large ones...say...62 inchers. The band will be focused on mainly during the pre-choruses. They will get some face time during the versus and chorus of course, but not a whole lot.

The video will show a sharp dressed man lying about various things that everyone knows about. He will be lying and the crowd will be buying it. He uses a television by him showing the lies he is propagating. (The band's TV's surrounding them will be showing the truths to the issues brought up). In secret, he's a robot being run by powerful men with bad motives. You will see these men getting paid behind the stage by the people they are lying about/for. He'll finally have problems during the pre-chorus where the guitars cut out. He will start smoking and a small explosion will happen on his chest. The crowd will investigate and find out he is a robot being run by others. At the outset of the loud final chorus they then rush the back of the stage, angry, and attack the people who had been controlling him.

Sounds great! Smells like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8flTP8O_iUE&feature=related :)

And I wouldn't like to see another full-band-performing video like Can't Repeat, I like videos with something more than just band jammin behind them.

The Search Button
08-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Prayers is for pussies.

Send them Steven Spielberg's phone number, instead.

Free?
08-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Prayers is for pussies.

Send them Steven Spielberg's phone number, instead.

:D Or better get Peter Jackson to make an epic 3-hours music video trilogy with top-expensive Hollywood stars. That would be awesome for Stuff Is Messed Up video!!! :D :D

IamSam
08-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Sounds great! Smells like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8flTP8O_iUE&feature=related :)

And I wouldn't like to see another full-band-performing video like Can't Repeat, I like videos with something more than just band jammin behind them.

Yeah...but IMO that movie/song are horrible. I got the 'large TV' idea from this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZznMPcEKZCw)

Crazy-Taxi-Driver
08-05-2008, 02:11 PM
I hope the next video will be a story-based videoclip.
But please I want to see the bandmembers in this video, too!
Something like Pretty Fly (For A White Guy).

Rutegard
08-05-2008, 02:28 PM
I hope the next video will be a story-based videoclip.
But please I want to see the bandmembers in this video, too!
Something like Pretty Fly (For A White Guy).

yeah a video for YGGFK would be perfect to tell a story!! :D

mrs_hollandova
08-29-2008, 02:11 AM
Ok, this situation itīs just awful. New album is out for a long time, there is only one (bad) video, we are not 100% sure what next single will be and that just makes me ANGRY.
It seems to me like they donīt want to make videos without Ron, so letīs jump into a car, visit him and ask him to COME BACK! (donīt forget chocolate and flowers ;) )

:confused: All I want is some nice video, it can be just simple, because new album is really good.
Inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmVn6b7DdpA I love it! Good idea + simplicity = unforgetable video

Rutegard
08-29-2008, 03:18 AM
Ok, this situation itīs just awful. New album is out for a long time, there is only one (bad) video, we are not 100% sure what next single will be and that just makes me ANGRY.
It seems to me like they donīt want to make videos without Ron, so letīs jump into a car, visit him and ask him to COME BACK! (donīt forget chocolate and flowers ;) )

:confused: All I want is some nice video, it can be just simple, because new album is really good.
Inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmVn6b7DdpA I love it! Good idea + simplicity = unforgetable video

eheh yeah...but they have some problems ya know?...when i was watching the offspring take over...dexter picked up this metallica song saying that the video was great...and i was like...well...let me see....i'm telling you the clip is just not great...not that bad as hammerhead LOL but it ain't great!! it's all black and white and the bad playing around ...come on?...what is so great about that? GREAT!?!?

LOL...

see....they (or just dex) do not have the right concept of a cool video...and that's bad ....:(

Budzy
08-29-2008, 11:01 PM
My fav 3 videos: Defy You, Gone Away and Pretty Fly.

My idea for YGGFK: Some guy in a suit walking along a road with a big pack of ppl walking behind, and one by one someone drops away, and right the end of the song, theres one person left who looks exactly the guy at the front, the fella at the front turns around, and the one guy left standing sticks up a gun and shoots him (right between the eyes :D) and just keeps on walking. And during the song the band is walking along side the man at the front but semi-transparent, like ghosts, playing the song.

I think it means resembles the meaning of what they're trying to get at, that some guy can persuade all these ppl to listen to him, but right at the end, he is his own un-doing.

deep? i impressed myself i think.

KHWHD
08-29-2008, 11:35 PM

My idea for YGGFK: Some guy in a suit walking along a road with a big pack of ppl walking behind, and one by one someone drops away, and right the end of the song, theres one person left who looks exactly the guy at the front, the fella at the front turns around, and the one guy left standing sticks up a gun and shoots him (right between the eyes :D) and just keeps on walking. And during the song the band is walking along side the man at the front but semi-transparent, like ghosts, playing the song.

I think it means resembles the meaning of what they're trying to get at, that some guy can persuade all these ppl to listen to him, but right at the end, he is his own un-doing.

That part there reminds me of the beginning of WDYGAJ? ;) :p

Budzy
08-30-2008, 01:05 AM
That part there reminds me of the beginning of WDYGAJ? ;) :p

yeah i realised after i wrote it, its like WDYGAJ but the opposite. lol

Rutegard
08-30-2008, 12:27 PM

i like it!!

email noodles to tell him your idea :D

Steph
08-30-2008, 12:33 PM
email noodles to tell him your idea :D

wish we could do that:D...And I wish they read these threads ang eg our opinions about HH video...;)

Rutegard
08-30-2008, 12:38 PM
wish we could do that:D...And I wish they read these threads ang eg our opinions about HH video...;)

yeah...but they don't-...

well...you can always try telepathy or something like that :p

Tehran25
08-30-2008, 10:34 PM
maybe they do read these threads and don't tell us... but then again its all speculation

Rutegard
08-31-2008, 04:23 AM
maybe they do read these threads and don't tell us... but then again its all speculation

yeah we never know for sure....it's the second time, today, i say this LOL