PDA

View Full Version : movie makers, help!

OffspringFreakess
08-02-2008, 03:32 PM
hi!

so i plan on making a video for an offspring song, using myself and select others.
it's going to be for "special delivery".
i had the greatest idea for it. i don't really want to go into detail because i plan on showing you all, but i NEED HELP!

ok, so i was researching videos for the longest time for this special effect and i couldn't seem to find a good one. but my sister was watching a video by rhianna yesterday, and she uses the effect that i want for my video!

it consists of alot of robotic movement, but slows down and speeds up again.

(PLEASE dont pay any attention to the music, it will hurt your ears. but the scences where shes going crazy in the cell, i want that effect!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6zdhHLvT7k

does anyone know how to create this? do i just record everything in slow motion and speed it up to the song? i'm not quite sure how to do this or even to work movie maker!

thank you :D

Tijs
08-02-2008, 03:44 PM
I don't get what you mean. Are you talking about the fast-forward suddenly going to slow motion and fast-forward again? If so, that's easy to do. But is that what you want to do?

OffspringFreakess
08-02-2008, 04:00 PM
yes! thats exactly what i want.

Tijs
08-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Well, if you look at your video in the timeline, cut the part you want to fast-forward. I think Windows Movie Maker can do that. Then find the fast-forward effect and drag it onto the piece you cut. Same goes for the slow-motion effect.

Slow-motion won't look that good though. I'm guessing you don't have professional equipment so you're camera is limited to 25 or 29.97 frames per second.

edit: And I advice you to get a better program than Windows Movie Maker. If you're using a PC you're best of with Adobe Premiere. If you're using a Mac you're best of with Final Cut Pro. Avid might be good too, but I've never used that.

lost_nvrfound
08-03-2008, 08:32 PM
It depends on how recent your version of Movie Maker is. If its old, you'll need to update it to get those effects. Its only been recently that mine has gotten them.

Movie Maker is a decent program for just farting around at home. I wish iMovie's free version had so many effects. Then my Hammerhead video would've been even cooler.