PDA

View Full Version : Observation

Varius
10-24-2004, 09:44 PM
I may be new here, but it seems like most of the board are 14-yr old kids who can't spell (unless it's just that English isn't their native tongue - then you are excused).

Anyone around an older fan? Like going back to the Session and Dirty Magic days :cool: ??

NoHopeNoFuture
10-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Im 18 im a big fan of the ignition days and self title

Jake
10-24-2004, 09:49 PM
i am 14, but i have been a fan since smash and heres how:
My Moms side of the family is from San Diego, California, so I visit California quite a few times a year. My older cousins in San Diego played the Offspring when I was over at their house and I surprisingly really liked it. When I turned five they gave me Smash for my birthday. i didnt really understand the music but i like the sound, the i grew with them. so i have been a fan for 10 years.

ps i think the typing thing is just people are in a rush or just dont care about spelling.

Varius
10-24-2004, 09:58 PM
They gave you Smash when you were 5 yrs old?? Heh I wish my family would have been that cool to give me some Clash or Ramones stuff at that age instead of listening to David Bowie or other stuff I don't recall :)

offspringbaby2004
10-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Hey :( I'm 14. Why does everyone think that because your 14 you won't like the older stuff. Don't judge us! We can be cool too you know. Dirty magic is like one of my favorite songs from TheOffspring. And I can spell :P lol

~Mandy~

Varius
10-24-2004, 10:05 PM
I was more asking if anyone here is an older fan age-wise, not music-wise. I mean you can get into a band in their later years, then go listen to and love their old stuff....

What I meant was who's a fan here who's been listening to Offspring since the beginning (ie. probably people 25-30 yrs old).

offspringbaby2004
10-24-2004, 10:07 PM
okie okie, I just thought you were puttin us down. I understand though :)

~Mandy~