PDA

View Full Version : Song Name Abbreviations

lost_nvrfound
08-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Okay. People are using so many now. I can't keep 'em straight. Can ya'll help me make a list so there's a place people can look for those brain fart days?

I've had 3 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours, so I can only put together a couple... Usually I'm good at this.

CGMHAY - Can't Get My Head Around You
TKAA - The Kids Aren't Alright
YGGFK - You're Gonna Go Far Kid
KHWHD - Kick Him When He's Down
SMTD - Spare Me The Details
K,AYDO or Kristy - Kristy, Are You Doing Okay
WDYGAJ - Why Don't You Get A Job
FAAD - Forever And A Day
IBALT - It'll Be A Long Time
GGA - Gotta Get Away ----------------(I fail to see why this one needs abbreviating...)
TWHE - The Worst Hangover Ever
WHTY - What Happened To You?
PFFAWG - (Pretty Fly) For A White Guy
COAP - Come Out And Play
D,ICA - Dammit, I Changed Again
TILAM - Take It Like A Man
SIMU (SIFU) - Stuff Is Messed Up (Shit Is Fucked Up)
KTP - Kill The President

KHWHD
08-02-2008, 10:01 PM
KHWHD - Kick Him When He's Down (The most important one! ;))
SMTD - Spare Me The Details
K,AYDO - Kristy, Are You Doing Okay
FAAD - Forever And A Day
IBALT - It'll Be A Long Time
GGA - Gotta Get Away
TWHE - The Worst Hangover Ever
WHTY - What Happened To You?
PFFAWG - (Pretty Fly) For A White Guy
COAP - Come Out And Play
D,ICA - Dammit, I Changed Again
TILAM - Take It Like A Man
SIMU (SIFU) - Stuff Is Messed Up (Shit Is Fucked Up)

That's it for now. :)

Jaded skies
08-02-2008, 10:05 PM
how about everyone just fucking spells everything out?

lost_nvrfound
08-02-2008, 10:08 PM
how about everyone just fucking spells everything out?
It used to be easy cause people would only abbreviate like 5 or 6... now its like wtf? so i'm making a reference list so that i might understand what the hell people are talking about sometimes

brothadave79
08-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Take out the commas. Their use in abbreviations is not pleasing to the eye.

ThunderPX
08-03-2008, 05:33 AM
What the, I've never even seen half of those being used. A surprising number of those actually do get spelled out. But I usually see people just call "Kristy, Are You Doing Okay" "Kristy."

"What Happened To You?" should be called "Ska" though :P

Jojan
08-03-2008, 05:46 AM
People on the Internet are too lazy.

lost_nvrfound
08-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Truly. I have a hard time understanding using so much on shorthand on forums and such

Skinny
08-03-2008, 09:50 PM
KTP - Kill The President
And I also agree, people are much to lazy to spell things out aren't they?

KHWHD
08-03-2008, 10:57 PM
People on the Internet are too lazy.

Yeah, some people are. People pay big money (I know I do cause my connection - upload and download speed rocks) so they can do whatever they please.

I don't normally type/write abbrevations for songs.

Blitzkrieg Bop
08-04-2008, 09:18 AM
These are the one's that I usually use, the rest I type ;)

CGMHAY - Can't Get My Head Around You
TKAA - The Kids Aren't Alright
YGGFK - You're Gonna Go Far Kid
Kristy - Kristy, Are You Doing Okay
COAP - Come Out And Play

I can understand the confusion ... it is like deciphering morse code :D

dff_punk
08-04-2008, 11:01 AM
N - Nitro
C - Crossroads
D - Demons
B - Beheaded
E - Elders
S - Session
M - Mota

...and the list could go on... :D

Vera
08-11-2008, 04:08 AM
I think the policy should be to either use two of the first words or the first word if it makes sense, ie. "Pretty Fly" or "Kristy". Only when that makes no sense should you use an abbreviation. So for example, better to use "Dammit" than "D,ICA" which is just retarded.

On the other, with some song titles this just doesn't work - "You're Gonna" sounds silly so better to use "YGGFK" and "Why Don't" is a little confusing so better to use WDYGAJ.

Three name song titles, abbreviating those is just plain lazy. C'mon guys. On the other hand, Conspiracy of One is only three words and the abbreviation has stuck so CO1 it is..

Just my take.

Free?
08-11-2008, 04:36 AM
I think the policy should be to either use two of the first words or the first word if it makes sense, ie. "Pretty Fly" or "Kristy". Only when that makes no sense should you use an abbreviation. So for example, better to use "Dammit" than "D,ICA" which is just retarded.

On the other, with some song titles this just doesn't work - "You're Gonna" sounds silly so better to use "YGGFK" and "Why Don't" is a little confusing so better to use WDYGAJ.

Three name song titles, abbreviating those is just plain lazy. C'mon guys. On the other hand, Conspiracy of One is only three words and the abbreviation has stuck so CO1 it is..

Just my take.

100% agreed. There are some abbreviations that became common in this forum and they can be easily recognized( like YGGFK, WDYGAJ, CO1). But I find it pretty confusing when someone use a new made abbreviation like ALLM (A Lot Like Me) or LHIFRB (Rock Bottom). Don't be such smartpants and please name song names to be easily recognized by everyone, not only you.

Rutegard
08-11-2008, 06:38 AM
It used to be easy cause people would only abbreviate like 5 or 6... now its like wtf? so i'm making a reference list so that i might understand what the hell people are talking about sometimes

yeah lol

now it's more like a complicated game...we try to guess the first song, then we get to decide wich one we prefer and then we post another abreviated song and cross our fingers so the next person will have a hard time guessing that one LOOL

i like it :D

Rutegard
08-11-2008, 06:39 AM
N - Nitro
C - Crossroads
D - Demons
B - Beheaded
E - Elders
S - Session
M - Mota

...and the list could go on... :D

ahahah exactly

but S could be session or smash

just like A, americana or amazed :p

that would be even more interesting :D

ThunderPX
08-11-2008, 08:34 AM
I think some people used "Kid" for "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid."

lost_nvrfound
08-11-2008, 08:31 PM
I think some people used "Kid" for "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid."
I know some people refer to The Kids Aren't Alright as Kids, so I hope that doesnt become a habit.