I think I'm gonna download it.

0r4ng3
08-04-2008, 02:23 PM
But the Mummy 3 promises fair! *rubs hands in advance and in glee*
Actually...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mummy_tomb_of_the_dragon_emperor/

Lodat225
08-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Ugh, such a horrible movie. I actually fell asleep during the "intense" scenes.

Don't waste your money watching this.

arak0r
08-04-2008, 04:59 PM
i downloaded it. watched it. promptly deleted it. thought itd be decent, was massively disappointed. it started ok.. but all im going to say after that is.. yetis. :(

Apathy
08-04-2008, 05:05 PM
There's been lots of movie threads lately. And I don't mean to sound like an obnoxious prick, but Mummy 3 was abhorrent. One of the worst movies I've seen in recent times. At times it seemed like I was watching "Epic Movie" or one of those installments, what with all of the horrible jokes and unexplained little events.

I cringed through the whole movie. It seemed like the actors even knew it was bad.

Bad script, bad acting, bad plot. Even the visuals, which are supposed to be a giveaway, seemed a little cartoonish and silly.

To give some idea, I was seating at the movie theater I work at- which basically means I stand in the movie and make sure no one sneaks in- FIVE people left during the first showing. That's the most people I've ever seen leave halfway through, and it was during opening weekend for chist's sake, those are supposed to be fans.

Three of them stood up and left after the yeti kicked a field goal.

Sunny
08-04-2008, 05:05 PM
i'm considering wasting my disk space and downloading this alleged POS.

but... yetis? seriously?

Apathy
08-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Field-goal kicking yetis.

JohnnyNemesis
08-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Field-goal kicking yetis.

Something about this makes me just...laugh and cringe and shudder all at once.

Apathy
08-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Have you seen the movie? There's a part that I find even more disturbing, but I was waiting for someone else to bring it up on their own.

JohnnyNemesis
08-04-2008, 05:22 PM
I haven't even seen the first one, to be honest, so no. But that made me lol heartily.

arak0r
08-04-2008, 05:26 PM
i forgot that it kicked a field goal, was trying to block it out of my mind. i mean theres really a shit ton of horrible things about the movie, i feel bad for jet li, his career has come to THIS? from once upon a time in china, to hero to... this abortion :|

Lizardus
08-04-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm going to see this just so i can laugh at it more effectively.

0r4ng3
08-04-2008, 08:37 PM
So this movie isn't even laughably bad? It's just plain horrible?

Lodat225
08-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Yep, the latter.

F@ BANKZ
08-05-2008, 05:24 AM
I'm sorry, but nobody could have expected this to be good in any conventional sense. I mean it is set in China, it's called The Mummy and to add an extra dose of certain awfulness to that premonition, The Scorpion King managed to be even worse than The Mummy Returns. It is a shame however, that this film isn't going to be able to cling onto the due success of The Mummy so that we can continue to watch these films become weaker and weaker (although the zenith of weakness may already have been reached; I’m watching it tomorrow).

It is saddening to hear it isn't laughably bad since I am obliged to go whatever the quality, just so that I can say I have done.

Ps lol, Yetis.

Paint_It_Black
08-05-2008, 05:55 AM
I'm sorry, but nobody could have expected this to be good in any conventional sense.

What you mean is, nobody should have expected this to be good. Many people apparently can and do expect it to be good.

I can tell, with at least 90% accuracy, whether a movie will be worth watching or not just from seeing the trailer. I don't know why most people seem incapable of doing this. I don't even really mind people who like bad movies. If they like what I consider to be shit then that's up to them and none of my business. But I get irritated when people tell me they thought a movie was going to be good and then they were so disappointed, because after a while they should be able to tell in advance whether they're going to like something or not.

Serious movies are harder to predict just from the trailers. But standard action and comedies are ridiculously easy.

Jakebert
08-05-2008, 09:59 AM
I can't wait until Maria comes back and writes a flamboyant review of it that states how good she thought it was.

F@ BANKZ
08-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Bad news , my fellow long-time Mummy afficianado a.k.a. friend, is in France (of all places) and my local cinema's last showing for a week is on thursday.

Although The Mummy returns was absolutely awful, I loved it when I was younger. When you're nine you can really see the subtle awesomeness. If there is one grace now it is that The Mummy is one of the most re-watchable films of all time, even almost a decade since I first saw it I will invite my friends over and watch the whole thing.

PiB you're right, my poor choice of words *malevolent Joker-laugh* has let me down again.

F@ BANKZ
08-05-2008, 11:38 AM
I was being sarcastic because we're adjacet to France here. Although I suppose my pining for a crack-in-the-mouth might also have played a part in the comment.

IamSam
08-05-2008, 12:27 PM
I can't wait until Maria comes back and writes a flamboyant review of it that states how good she thought it was.

I don't understand how she likes all the classic oldies and old school men and likes this crap.

F@ BANKZ
08-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Judge Dredd is amazing on so many levels.

I have to say, however bad the The Mummy 3 is, the no seatbelt joke made me laugh as if it were from The Mummy I.

come out swinging
08-05-2008, 02:19 PM
All right, so I fell in deep, intense lust with the Mummy 1. Ihmotep! (sp) That guy with his amulets! Jonathan! My idols! My heroes! My mummy!

The Mummy 2 sucked.

But the Mummy 3 promises fair! *rubs hands in advance and in glee*

i watched it online a few days ago. i did not care for it. first two was good.

F@ BANKZ
08-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Unless you have a real craving for seeing it I wouldn't bother. I went today and it was worse than The Mummy Returns. I'd like to know what Apathy was talking about though, when he referred to something worse than the Yetis, because to me they really were a whole new low for the series (topping even the mummified pygmies).

The surrogate Eve was intensely irritating throughout the whole film. I thought that the producers would have done the sensible thing and made Rick a widower; if Rocky could manage it then I'm sure The Mummy could make an attempt. The humour of Jonathan and Rick didn't work so well as it used to (also partially due to the contribution of Eve mk.II to the series.) The Chinese setting was desperate and the effects were practically unimproved.

Although the film was absolutely terrible, I am glad that I went to see it personally. It was the first Mummy film that I saw at the cinema and it had remnants of classic in it. I think 8/100 is probably a little harsh, I would award it 23/100 when setting aside my adoration of the series.

The sad thing is that this film probably did have the potential to be good. If Alex hadn't been rebranded and Eve had been dead, then it might have been possible to produce an acceptable plot, however, it did certainly seem to me that nobody had put any effort or consideration into the film whatsoever. There was an scene where I thought I heard Rick say to his wife (who has just written a book based on her previous adventures) "you promised the publishers a third".

The sad thing is that this film probably did have the potential to be good. If Alex hadn't been rebranded and Eve had been dead, then it might have been possible to produce an acceptable plot, however, it did certainly seem to me that nobody had put any effort or consideration into the film whatsoever. There was an scene where I thought I heard Rick say to his wife (who has just written a book based on her previous adventures) "you promised the publishers a third".