PDA

View Full Version : Please don't think I'm crazy!!

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Ok, so I'm going on my other thread about "booking" The Offspring. I called and spoke to one of the agents there (in California) and he gave me his email address so he could send the email to the appropriate person. He thought it sounded like a good idea when I mentioned about offspring.com forums and how some people are really interested in this. He asked me if it was for a live concert (small gathering) or if it was for a meet and greet. I told him either or, but I think the meet and greet would be much more feasible financial wise. So if any of you have any ideas/suggestions, let me know. If you have something unhelpful, then piss off. :p But in all seriousness, this MAY just work.

dr.vanessa
08-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Ok, so I'm going on my other thread about "booking" The Offspring. I called and spoke to one of the agents there (in California) and he gave me his email address so he could send the email to the appropriate person. He thought it sounded like a good idea when I mentioned about offspring.com forums and how some people are really interested in this. He asked me if it was for a live concert (small gathering) or if it was for a meet and greet. I told him either or, but I think the meet and greet would be much more feasible financial wise. So if any of you have any ideas/suggestions, let me know. If you have something unhelpful, then piss off. :p But in all seriousness, this MAY just work.

hey where is that meeting supposed to happen??

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
hey where is that meeting supposed to happen??

Pretty far away from Greece... lol. Ontario, Canada. You're more than welcome to come.. as is everyone else on here if it happens.

The_Special_Delivery
08-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Damn,you're my goddess if you can make this happen :)
Ontario is like so near from Québec
I'm with you on that ;)

Jesus
08-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Just have it in Amsterdam or so.

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Damn,you're my goddess if you can make this happen :)
Ontario is like so near from Québec
I'm with you on that ;)

Yeah, I think you're about an 8-9 hour drive from me? Been there once on my grade 8 Ottawa trip. Went to Quebec, Ottawa and Montreal. Was really nice there. :)

F@ BANKZ
08-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Canada?? They've had their fun. I'd go to it anywhere in Europe, but Canada is a certain no.

It's ambitious, and ambition is good.

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 11:53 AM

Haha, all the weed one can handle right? ;)

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Canada?? They've had their fun. I'd go to it anywhere in Europe, but Canada is a certain no.

It's ambitious, and ambition is good.

Had their fun? They haven't been here in 3 years.

zsk
08-05-2008, 11:54 AM

yeah somewehere in the middle of europe!
in the heart of europe frankfurt:D

hshduppsnt
08-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I think you're about an 8-9 hour drive from me? Been there once on my grade 8 Ottawa trip. Went to Quebec, Ottawa and Montreal. Was really nice there. :)

hmm... so... close to hockey cities...
maybe arrange it around a time Vancouver will be near by? haha :)

i'll try to think up a helpful idea...
what are you looking for? a reasoning to Have a meet and greet kind of thing?
or... I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for but I'm in...

dr.vanessa
08-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Pretty far away from Greece... lol. Ontario, Canada. You're more than welcome to come.. as is everyone else on here if it happens.

:(:( yeap it is a million miles away(;)) but thanx:) i'll try by the way......

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 11:57 AM
hmm... so... close to hockey cities...
maybe arrange it around a time Vancouver will be near by? haha :)

i'll try to think up a helpful idea...
what are you looking for? a reasoning to Have a meet and greet kind of thing?
or... I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for but I'm in...

Just like you said, a meet and greet. Nothing super huge or anything of the sort. I'm sure if we put our heads together, we can come up with something. I know we'd be renting a hall.

drummerbecca
Didn't Dexter say they were hoping to get back to Europe for touring towards the end of the year?
Do you think it's possible that they'd do one here aswell for the fans who can't make it to Canada?

Rag Doll
Ha, that is SO awesome. Man, maybe they would like...do it for free, just for the fuck of it.

I'd SO be in.

dr.vanessa
08-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Didn't Dexter say they were hoping to get back to Europe for touring towards the end of the year?
Do you think it's possible that they'd do one here aswell for the fans who can't make it to Canada?

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES u said it SOOOOO fuckin'right:D:D:D:D

brothadave79
08-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Um, if you could really pull this off, I'd be more than willing to drive up to the Great White North to see the gents! God speed!

Free?
08-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Ha, that is SO awesome. Man, maybe they would like...do it for free, just for the fuck of it.

I'd SO be in.

I think they aren't the type of guys who would put a certain amount of thousands bucks as condition of their visit.

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 12:06 PM
I think they aren't the type of guys who would put a certain amount of thousands bucks as condition of their visit.

Remember, we're talking about the same continent. It would be a lot cheaper for everyone involved for it to be done it Canada than it would be for them to travel across the ocean.

hshduppsnt
08-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Remember, we're talking about the same continent. It would be a lot cheaper for everyone involved for it to be done it Canada than it would be for them to travel across the ocean.

make it a fundraiser for something? is that too generic?

and i guess someone's house isn't a good idea so...
this one would be more on you, find somewhere near by that
would be a cool place...

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 12:11 PM
make it a fundraiser for something? is that too generic?

and i guess someone's house isn't a good idea so...
this one would be more on you, find somewhere near by that
would be a cool place...

That might work. That's a good idea actually.

Little_Miss_1565
08-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Hey, good for you for sticking with an idea you feel strongly about. Let us know what you come up with.

mat.kc.
08-05-2008, 01:16 PM
This is really interesting...considering I live in Edmonton, Alberta...I'd say I'm pretty damn close! :D

Rutegard
08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
This is really interesting...considering I live in Edmonton, Alberta...I'd say I'm pretty damn close! :D

i get you point, i feel the same...

let us know what you got :p

brothadave79
08-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Hooray for North-North America!

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 01:49 PM
i get you point, i feel the same...

let us know what you got :p

Huh? :confused:

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 02:26 PM

Damn close? If you think so, then more power to you! :p ;)

KyleW
08-05-2008, 02:47 PM
I think its a cool idea. I wouldnt be able to go but i think the concept is awesome!

Just imagine about 30 MEGA forum Offspring fans trying to see them first, it will be mass chaos.

mat.kc.
08-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Damn close? If you think so, then more power to you! :p ;)

Hahah, well close enough to have a decent flying rate to Ontario. :D

jaum.herrera
08-05-2008, 04:46 PM
I think this album could be released more
and why not also remastered?
I love it :)

mat.kc.
08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
I think this album could be released more
and why not also remastered?
I love it :)

:confused:

And the biggest change of topic award goes to....

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 05:00 PM
:confused:

And the biggest change of topic award goes to....

Exactly, what the hell does that have to do with my topic? :confused:

Biggest offspring fan
08-05-2008, 06:01 PM
If that will happen, i'll take the flight to canada and i'll bring dexters sneakers :D

brothadave79
08-05-2008, 06:10 PM
If that will happen, i'll take the flight to canada and i'll bring dexters sneakers :D

Ah, a fine conversation piece!

Jules69
08-05-2008, 06:30 PM
I wish I could go!! Where in canada? I mean a house, a club, restraunt???:confused:

KHWHD
08-05-2008, 06:31 PM
I wish I could go!! Where in canada? I mean a house, a club, restraunt???:confused:

A club. ;)

lost_nvrfound
08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Omg! Yay!!!!!

goes ass over end with excitement!

Oxygene
08-06-2008, 12:24 AM

now that's something I could get behind :) providing u gimme a place to sleep LOL..

no seriously
I'd be up for amsterdam

If we're gonna make a serious effort here... first thing we need to do is select a few cities as possible location.. esembela list like

LA
Toronto
DC
New York
London
Paris
Amsterdam

Cities that have a lot of international airtraffic.

Then we put it to a vote

Then we vote on the time frame

ie. between now and sept
between sept and dec
between jac march

etc...

THEN we go and seriously contact the band.

I have a bad feeling about some dude in canada contacting the booking agency in all of our names and saying we want to do this in Canada.

If you guys can't be detered from bothering the booking agency with this I say we do it the right way....

I'd like some moderators to back me up on this as well...

RageAndLov
08-06-2008, 03:34 AM
Maybe if someone managed to have two meetings or gatherings?
Like, one in North America (Canada maybe?) and one in Europe (London, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Paris, Copenhagen)?
That would have been amazing! Then both the North Americans and the Europeans would be satisfied!

Oxygene
08-06-2008, 04:20 AM
Maybe if someone managed to have two meetings or gatherings?
Like, one in North America (Canada maybe?) and one in Europe (London, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Paris, Copenhagen)?
That would have been amazing! Then both the North Americans and the Europeans would be satisfied!

Cmon I mean even one would be generous.. I don't think we should over do it.
As long as it's in a city which is easy to fly to, and people don't need specials visas to get in I think it's cool.

ad8
08-06-2008, 05:11 AM
The Offspring should make a meet-and-greet-world tour:D

F@ BANKZ
08-06-2008, 05:15 AM

I'd SO be in.
Well, you never know I suppose.

I'd go to the ends of the earth to make it to Amsterdam, but Canada is almost certainly too far (I'd do what I could though). For fundraising ideas we'll need something on teh internet. Maybe whoever won the Hammerhead competition....? Just joking.

I believe a raffle would be the best option for making money. Ask for some donations of offspring LPs/CDs/Cassettes/Posters, work out the net value and sell tickets for slightly over. Once the items have been won then hand then distribute them at the show to avoid postage. There is plenty of room for heinous corruption but we're all nice people.....?

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 06:38 AM
I'm still trying to gather up as many ideas as possible for this. Keep them coming, thanks guys. :)

Blitzkrieg Bop
08-06-2008, 07:54 AM
The Offspring should make a meet-and-greet-world tour:D

Yeah, they could do it during their upcoming world tour and we can all get backstage passes and spend the day with them :D

Not helpful I know, but I couldn't resist.

drummerbecca
08-06-2008, 08:04 AM
As long as it's in a city which is easy to fly to, and people don't need specials visas to get in I think it's cool.

You have to consider though, not every hardcore fan can afford to make it to Canada. I'm sure the band recognise that too, so if they were willing to do something like this in Canada then I'd sort of hope that they would take into account the fans from Europe that can't get there for whatever reason.

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 08:26 AM

No one needs a "special" visa to fly to Canada. Just a passport, just like every other country.

Oxygene
08-06-2008, 08:34 AM
You have to consider though, not every hardcore fan can afford to make it to Canada. I'm sure the band recognise that too, so if they were willing to do something like this in Canada then I'd sort of hope that they would take into account the fans from Europe that can't get there for whatever reason.

I think that if anyone on this board would take the money they spedn on cigarettes or acohol or any other stupid vice during the course of a year and set it aside, we could have the meet n greet in FIJI and everyone could afford to fly. It's a question of priorites.

I know canada doesn't need special visas but ie. the us does

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 08:47 AM
I think that if anyone on this board would take the money they spedn on cigarettes or acohol or any other stupid vice during the course of a year and set it aside, we could have the meet n greet in FIJI and everyone could afford to fly. It's a question of priorites.

I know canada doesn't need special visas but ie. the us does

Must just be Europeans, cause we don't need one to cross over the border. Interesting, didn't know that.

brothadave79
08-06-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm still gonna go shove my passport in their faces at the border to justify why I purchased one while I'm too poor to fly overseas. Playfully, of course.

F@ BANKZ
08-06-2008, 09:40 AM
How much would a flight to Canada cost typically?

Edit: Silly question.

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 09:42 AM
How much would a flight to Canada cost typically?

Edit: Silly question.

Depends on where you're from. I was looking into flights for the Secret Show in CAL, and for a round trip for a weekend it was roughly $500.00.

Edit: When I flew to the UK about 4 years ago, it was roughly the same as it was for me to fly to CAL.

hshduppsnt
08-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Depends on where you're from. I was looking into flights for the Secret Show in CAL, and for a round trip for a weekend it was roughly $500.00.

Edit: When I flew to the UK about 4 years ago, it was roughly the same as it was for me to fly to CAL.

out of curiosity... where would we fly in to? (I figure its easier to just ask here and be lazy than bother going to look it up)

Little_Miss_1565
08-06-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm still gonna go shove my passport in their faces at the border to justify why I purchased one while I'm too poor to fly overseas. Playfully, of course.

My mom made me get a passport even though I have no plans to fly overseas because apparently they may not let you back into the US from Canada without one.

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 10:16 AM
out of curiosity... where would we fly in to? (I figure its easier to just ask here and be lazy than bother going to look it up)

Pearson International Airport - Toronto.

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 10:16 AM
My mom made me get a passport even though I have no plans to fly overseas because apparently they may not let you back into the US from Canada without one.

I've never heard of that either. I guess they want to keep the Americans here or something? :p

Little_Miss_1565
08-06-2008, 10:18 AM
I've never heard of that either. I guess they want to keep the Americans here or something? :p

There's no standard for birth certificates state to state, so they're concerned that terrorists, etc. will cross in from Canada with falsified documents. Sucks.

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 10:20 AM
There's no standard for birth certificates state to state, so they're concerned that terrorists, etc. will cross in from Canada with falsified documents. Sucks.

Well I remember about 3 years ago when my ex and I drove up from ATL (he's American, I'm not obviously) and when we drove over the border, all we needed was a BC. That's it, that's all. They never asked for anything else. But I think they changed that earlier this year for both border crossing, air transport, and boat transport.

hshduppsnt
08-06-2008, 10:20 AM

yeah i heard that, its a fairly recent change that they're getting more and more anal about passports and all that business -

take that in contrast with a trip i took to europe this summer, got my passport stamped when i landed in france, took a train to switzerland later...

as far as any official documentation is concerned (aside from me buying stuff) the swiss goverment is neither aware nor seems to care I was ever there
(on the train ride back Out they had guards check everyone's passport, i have no idea why... no stamping no anything else, just to see if it was you I guess...)

then when i was leaving france they seemed to only stamp about half our passports (ie they stamped my friends acknowledging he was leaving, but didn't stamp mine...)

its all very confusing and the visa business is no easier either haha

EDIT: its all especially fun when you are persian, look persian, have a very persian name, despite having been born in the us and never having actually Been to iran... lemme tell you...

sidney87crosby
08-06-2008, 10:24 AM

Well that gives me a reason to go home now. How is good ol' Ontario doing? I miss TB a lot. :(

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Well that gives me a reason to go home now. How is good ol' Ontario doing? I miss TB a lot. :(

Great of course! :)

sidney87crosby
08-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Great of course! :)

Like always. lol. I really miss it. I miss my Ottawa Senators and TB and the Canal.

hshduppsnt
08-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Like always. lol. I really miss it. I miss my Ottawa Senators and TB and the Canal.

given the apparent airport of choice I was worried you were about to say a much worse team (edit: for the record i like the senators) that wears blue and white and will remain unnamed in this post.

btw - how much flack would i get for wearing a canucks jersey flying in there :)? - especially if a certain #13 signs with them...

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 10:36 AM
given the apparent airport of choice I was worried you were about to say a much worse team (edit: for the record i like the senators) that wears blue and white and will remain unnamed in this post.

btw - how much flack would i get for wearing a canucks jersey flying in there :)? - especially if a certain #13 signs with them...

Haha, probably not much. Most of my friends are Leafs fans and I'm a die hard Habs fan. Been so for 23 years!

hshduppsnt
08-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Haha, probably not much. Most of my friends are Leafs fans and I'm a die hard Habs fan. Been so for 23 years!

haha excellent - habs are high quality too - i pretty much love half the teams in canada and utterly despise the other half (Toronto, Edmonton, and Calgary)

and get a lot of confusion from anaheim fans down here as to why I like Vancouver hahahaha

... and given their recent choices in management, coaching, and player selection... i would be lying if i didn't admit wondering a little myself...

but I digress and this is getting off topic - how did you find a roughly $500 to fly out here this past weekend, i just checked and got an 800 estimate... airline?

sidney87crosby
08-06-2008, 10:45 AM
I hate the Lafs...I mean Leafs. Which is odd b/c growing up I was closer to Toronto. But I hated the Leafs. I liked the Habs until the Senators came back into the league. But I also love the Penguins more than the Senators or Habs. I am know as the biggest Jason Spezza fan south of the border.

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 10:56 AM
how did you find a roughly $500 to fly out here this past weekend, i just checked and got an 800 estimate... airline?

Went to Google and typed in "cheap flights", and it came up with a list of different carriers.

sidney87crosby
08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Don't fly Air Canada. It's to expensive and I'm not a fan of their flights.

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Don't fly Air Canada. It's to expensive and I'm not a fan of their flights.

Yeah, they're too expensive.

sidney87crosby
08-06-2008, 11:15 AM
I know and the flights aren't all that great either.

lost_nvrfound
08-06-2008, 12:21 PM
if you run an estimate for a flight a coulple months from now, it'll give you an idea. I imagine if something like this goes down, we'll have a bit of warning. I was talking to Shank last night and my flight estimate was about $500 from NC to Toronto.

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Yep, I think it may just work... at least I hope it does.

KHWHD
08-06-2008, 06:06 PM
I have created a group called: Meet And Greet in Ontario

For any of you that are seriously interested when and if this happens, then join my group so we can discuss the task at hand. Thanks.

lost_nvrfound
08-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah... those who are like totally awesome and stuff should like...join it and stuff... cause yeah... that'd be cool...

Camilamazed
08-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I would help if it is possible even if I am not able to go.

=)

lost_nvrfound
08-06-2008, 07:48 PM
join the group...

rise_and_fall
08-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Have you forgotten those who live in Australia?

mat.kc.
08-07-2008, 01:29 AM
I joined the group hahah.

Stylie
08-07-2008, 04:29 AM
I have created a group called: Meet And Greet in Ontario

For any of you that are seriously interested when and if this happens, then join my group so we can discuss the task at hand. Thanks.

If I could go, I would join.
Anyway, good luck with it, would be cool if you did it.

KHWHD
08-07-2008, 06:08 AM
Have you forgotten those who live in Australia?

I said that everyone is more than welcome to come if and when this happens.

lost_nvrfound
08-07-2008, 08:58 AM
If I could go, I would join.
Anyway, good luck with it, would be cool if you did it.
The group is for supporters of the idea... i think...

Oxygene
08-07-2008, 09:40 AM
I would support a meet n greet and I would even be willing to pull some serious strings as long as the location and time frame was put to a vote

KHWHD
08-07-2008, 09:50 AM
I would support a meet n greet and I would even be willing to pull some serious strings as long as the location and time frame was put to a vote

I think a lot depends on their (The Offspring's) schedule too. As far as I'm aware, people that have posted and the different ones I've spoken to are serious about this, as I am. If it can be done, I would be more than willing to work with you and everyone else.

drummerbecca
08-07-2008, 10:07 AM
I said that everyone is more than welcome to come if and when this happens.

Finance has to come into consideration here, and for the most part, it just isn't a consideration for anyone in Europe. Flights plus accomodation isn't exactly small change :(

Oxygene
08-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I think a lot depends on their (The Offspring's) schedule too. As far as I'm aware, people that have posted and the different ones I've spoken to are serious about this, as I am. If it can be done, I would be more than willing to work with you and everyone else.

Yeah, that's why some info on how many people would be interested which city they would prefer and when is important.

If I can say something like "Guys, here's the deal.. the peeps on the boards would like a meet n greet, I'm sure you've read. Well X ppl voted 23% want NYC 33% want london 13% want Amsterdam 20% want Toronto.. etc 20% want in in the next 4-8 weeks 50% want it between jan and march etc.
If you can make it happen I'm sure u'd make a buncha fans very happy, let us know bla bla bla."

Seems a whole lot more serious then "some canadian guy wants you to play in his back yard on nov 12th, and maybe some people on the boards would be interested in going..."

u know?

I mean I'm for not bugging them with stuff like this, but I'd much rather step up and present something reasonable then to have ppl from the board calling their booking agent about personal meet n greets ya know?

Little_Miss_1565
08-07-2008, 10:23 AM
I agree. The more complete and detailed a proposition you can make, I think the better.

KHWHD
08-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Sounds good. That's why I made the group to get suggestions. The people that I've spoke with/posted are ok with it being in this area, Toronto area. Most of the people that are wanting to do this are from North America.

Oxygene
08-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Sounds good. That's why I made the group to get suggestions. The people that I've spoke with/posted are ok with it being in this area, Toronto area. Most of the people that are wanting to do this are from North America.

I'm not really sure that's true, but what I think hardly matters. And even if it is true I'm sure NYC would be preferred.
But like I said it's not important what I think.

The more info we can give them the better, and if the murderators arrange for a vote of some kind that would be good.

I think the first thing we should do is nominate cities. Reasonably let's only nominate cities with busy international airports.

Someone should start a thread for nominating cities

Little_Miss_1565
08-07-2008, 10:40 AM
I just thought of something...I've seen this happen a few times on the forums, where people get tired of waiting around for the band to do something and kind of force their hand by seeking out the information on their own. We know the band are going to tour North America, it's just that things seem to be working out for them to be going everywhere else first. My guess is that they wouldn't be available to do something like this until their domestic tour dates are planned and it would need to be scheduled in to fit. So the location would depend on where they are at a given point in time. I just don't want people to get too impatient of waiting and jump the gun. I agree it would be really cool to have a forum meet and greet. But maybe it could work out to be part of their tour?

hshduppsnt
08-07-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm not really sure that's true, but what I think hardly matters. And even if it is true I'm sure NYC would be preferred.
But like I said it's not important what I think.

The more info we can give them the better, and if the murderators arrange for a vote of some kind that would be good.

I think the first thing we should do is nominate cities. Reasonably let's only nominate cities with busy international airports.

Someone should start a thread for nominating cities

yeah this seems like a good idea. If no one does it by the time i finish work and get out of lab I'll do it.

I just thought of something...I've seen this happen a few times on the forums, where people get tired of waiting around for the band to do something and kind of force their hand by seeking out the information on their own. We know the band are going to tour North America, it's just that things seem to be working out for them to be going everywhere else first. My guess is that they wouldn't be available to do something like this until their domestic tour dates are planned and it would need to be scheduled in to fit. So the location would depend on where they are at a given point in time. I just don't want people to get too impatient of waiting and jump the gun. I agree it would be really cool to have a forum meet and greet. But maybe it could work out to be part of their tour?

that seems like an extremely reasonable and valid point. From another point of view - wouldn't hurt to plan either. You're right that people need to stay patient but lets say we decide on a north american location. It probably isn't hard to guess a few of the big locations the band is going to play (hell i'll name some right now - LA, SF, NYC).

So agreed, shouldn't really push the issue until we have an idea when they'll be in NA (if word of mouth is to be believed, after Japan is a SA tour and NA won't happen until next year) so it may be a good idea to figure out board logistics and come up with a number of options (3 for example)... and if it is really well thought out etc and tour dates are known at that point and such, then it may be more reasonable and more likely to succeed to approach the band at that point saying something to the effect of hey you'll be in blah blah blah on this date, and have a two day break before you have to be here. Now sorta depends on how they arrange their hotels and all that crap.

and i think im pretty much rambling and repeating what you said so i'll stop here and get back to work :)

Rutegard
08-07-2008, 12:53 PM
great ideia!!

and good luck with that!!

any help?

just pm me!

i'd help you as far as i can!

:cool: you go for it!

KHWHD
08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't really know then, cause I thought it was going to be here in Ontario. I know I won't be able to travel across the continent with having 2 babies, not to mention a fixed budget. Being a single Mom isn't exactly a rich lifestyle by any means.

lost_nvrfound
08-07-2008, 07:56 PM
But maybe it could work out to be part of their tour?
This makes sense. Shank sent me the email she sent to the guy. The way she worded it, to me, sounded like it was meant to be fit into their tour and pretty much decided at their end. Thats the way I read it anyways.

To be honest, pushing for it to be in the Toronto area makes a lot of sense to me. The flights aren't going to be all that much more, but other travel expenses would be so much less in Ontario than say NYC or LA. According to my friend Kayla, who recently moved from Canada to the states, overall Canada is cheaper than the U.S.

Also, I really meant it by saying that a tent city or maybe setting up a hostile would be a way to take care of the people that can't afford a hotel. Not only that, but it would be a great opportunity to meet some of the fellow board members and just have fun hanging out. Granted, that would probably mean "leave your nice shit at home" but that should happen anyway.

EDIT: Also, I must say that the cities suggested are some of the most expensive in the country. Take that into consideration. The Toronto airport does a lot of international flights, I'm sure.

KHWHD
08-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Now that I've actually had time to sit down and thoroughly read the replies (been busy today) I'd like to add a few things.

You all have made very good points and suggestions. But honestly, I think some of the cities listed are probably some of the most expensive cities to visit/live/stay in the USA. I know that CAL is very expensive cause my ex is an ex-marine and lived there for a year. He said he loved it there (*cough pollution cough* ;)) but way too expensive. I'm not too sure about NYC, as I've never been or really heard too much. What is wrong with Toronto? Shit, your money (the states) is worth more than ours again.

Just like lost said, yes the email that I sent did say roughly like she said. I/we wanted to work around THEIR schedule. I think the most important thing we need to decide/discuss right now is WHERE this may (or may not) happen (CITY) before we worry about a place where this will happen, meaning a hall, park, outdoor stadium, field, or whatever.

Suggestions?

lost_nvrfound
08-07-2008, 08:55 PM
"What is wrong with Toronto? Shit, your money (the states) is worth more than ours again."
quoted for its importance...

KHWHD
08-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Off topic (sorry) but I finally received this (1 of the 7 Offspring things I ordered off of eBay) yesterday. I was hoping it was going to be a bit bigger, but oh well. And it's my camera hence why it's blurry.. plus it's dark in here. Sucks we don't sell fuck all stuff around here but CD's. :mad:

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/8614/34480224oh0.jpg

Camilamazed
08-07-2008, 11:02 PM
I agree with Sarah. Trying to fit this meet and greet in their tour would be more appropriate and even more likely to happen.

We would wait for the tour dates and do it before or after show. We can ask the mods to be responsible for a list of people attending the shows and willing to greet and meet them.

I don't know but most of the fans are underage, do you think parents would agree with them flying to Canada, around the usa or overseas for a thing like this?

So doing that based on their tour, we'll be thinking about all the fans, not only people from the Americas or somewhere else.

lost_nvrfound
08-07-2008, 11:12 PM
I agree with Sarah. Trying to fit this meet and greet in their tour would be more appropriate and even more likely to happen.

We would wait for the tour dates and do it before or after show. We can ask the mods to be responsible for a list of people attending the shows and willing to greet and meet them.

I don't know but most of the fans are underage, do you think parents would agree with them flying to Canada, around the usa or overseas for a thing like this?

So doing that based on their tour, we'll be thinking about all the fans, not only people from the Americas or somewhere else.
the whole idea was to keep it easy for the band as well as keeping it simple...that would be extremely complex and a huge undertaking for the mods... they can't go to every show... plus thats one hell of a commitment for the group to say that they'll put up with the bbsers that often...

As I keep saying, just one time is asking a lot, but asking for more is just unrealistic...

Anyways, this is Shank's idea and her project.

Camilamazed
08-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Well, but I didn't mean the mods should go to every show. I thought this could be easier..:(

Yeah, but it's her idea.

Oxygene
08-07-2008, 11:46 PM

Yeah it's very likley because there is a meet n greet after EVERY show in North America.

I understand the arguments for why ppl in Toronto want to have it in Toronto. But places like New York have a lot more air traffic thus the competition is more fierce and flights are cheaper, which is especially important for people that would seriously consider travelling from different continents. I think it's much more important that someone from Belgium save like say $500 on airfare then for someone who is Toronto, save $20 on beer, because it's expensive in New York. For people that can DRIVE to the place the financial thing can't even really come into question. If we wanna go cheap, let's have it in Uganda :)

Oxygene
08-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Yeah, but it's her idea.

Actually like I said I think in another thread something like this had already played out in 99 or something, then the band offered a date and place, and only 3 of us woulda gone...

mat.kc.
08-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I still think the meet and greet should take place in Ontario.

KHWHD
08-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Yeah it's very likley because there is a meet n greet after EVERY show in North America.

I understand the arguments for why ppl in Toronto want to have it in Toronto. But places like New York have a lot more air traffic thus the competition is more fierce and flights are cheaper, which is especially important for people that would seriously consider travelling from different continents. I think it's much more important that someone from Belgium save like say $500 on airfare then for someone who is Toronto, save $20 on beer, because it's expensive in New York. For people that can DRIVE to the place the financial thing can't even really come into question. If we wanna go cheap, let's have it in Uganda :)

First of all, I personally don't live in Toronto. I live an hour away. Do you have any idea how big Toronto is? Did you know that PIA (Pearson International Airport) is the biggest airport in Canada... thus A LOT of air traffic. Just seems like you don't think it's a good idea to have it in, say Toronto.

Edit: Let me add that I wasn't aware that anyone wanted to come from other continents. No one said they would, because it would cost too much to fly over here, not to mention other expenses.

KHWHD
08-08-2008, 07:07 AM
2.5 million people live in Toronto and nearly 5 million live in the GTA (greater Toronto Area.) So yeah, TO is huge.

Oxygene
08-08-2008, 08:28 AM
2.5 million people live in Toronto and nearly 5 million live in the GTA (greater Toronto Area.) So yeah, TO is huge.

Again, what matters to me is WHERE the majority of the people would like to have something like this, and where we could gather the greatest number of people. If 151 people would go if it was in Toronto and 152 would go if it was in NYC then I'd lobby for NYC, if it was 152 for Toronto and 151 for NYC then I'd lobby for Toronto. What matters is how many people could show up from the boards. Not the number of residence your home town has.

There have been bbs meet ups before, what cities were those held in anyway?

Little_Miss_1565
08-08-2008, 09:19 AM
One was in Amsterdam, and Sunny and I hosted the other in NYC/Brooklyn.

Are there cheap flights from NYC to Toronto? I work in the music industry, so I'm po', and that would be a ginormous barrier.

KHWHD
08-08-2008, 09:25 AM
One was in Amsterdam, and Sunny and I hosted the other in NYC/Brooklyn.

Are there cheap flights from NYC to Toronto? I work in the music industry, so I'm po', and that would be a ginormous barrier.

Oh, I'm sure there are. NYC really isn't "that" far from Toronto. I know that I'm a little less than a 2 hour drive to Buffalo. I'm not exactly sure where NYC is.

Rag Doll
08-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm way more likely to attend in NYC than Toronto. I mean, I'd try. But I don't think my car or my boyfriend's car could make the trip. And the flight during the school year...? =\ I'd definitely try, though. But I live 20 minutes from NYC so that's totally preferable.

It's really all on the band though.

Camilamazed
08-08-2008, 09:48 AM
But weren't the bbs' meet ups only for friends back in the day, Sarah?

If there another bbs meet up, specially for this occasion, will other people be allowed? ;)

And when I mentioned the list that mods could take care of, I'm talking about a list with name and username so they know people are really from the boards and willing to go.

one hundred punks
08-08-2008, 03:32 PM
That would not be very "punk" of The Offspring to charge people to meet them.Ask Dex what he would have said back in the day if his fav bands charged people to meet the... I think it would be something to the effect of "WELL FUCK YOU!"

lost_nvrfound
08-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Oxygene, I understand where you are coming from. But you've got to understand, Toronto is like the BIGGEST city in the country. I imagine it does 99% of intercontinental flights for Canada. As I said, a flight into Pearson (at least from the states) doesn't cost that much more. My main point about expense, is that staying in toronto (hotels and otherwise) would probably balance out the flight cost, or even leave you in the green.

1565, for a flight to Toronto from NYC, you're probably looking at a little over $200 up to about $300 round trip, depending on the carrier and how early you book a flight. I also let it put together a "package" on Orbitz.com, where if you maybe traveled with a fellow BBSer and shared a hotel, you each get a round trip flight and a room to share for under $500. Not a bad deal, I must say.

Oxygene
08-09-2008, 02:09 AM
That would not be very "punk" of The Offspring to charge people to meet them.Ask Dex what he would have said back in the day if his fav bands charged people to meet the... I think it would be something to the effect of "WELL FUCK YOU!"

Charging to meet them isn't punk

Splitting the cost of renting the venue is :eek: