PDA

View Full Version : The recent bans are fucking lame

bighead384
08-06-2008, 10:25 AM
You didn't solve any problems. You didn't make this place any better. No one but the mods who voted for it wants those guys to be banned. Plain and simple.

Here's more on what I think about that:
http://www.offspring.com/forums/group.php?groupid=77&gmid=1629#gmessage1629

bighead384
08-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Ps

Up The Punx

0r4ng3
08-06-2008, 10:35 AM
I didn't mind them being banned. They were being annoying, etc.

bighead384
08-06-2008, 10:48 AM
They were fine. Stop being a tool.

Endymion
08-06-2008, 10:49 AM
bighead,

do you honestly believe we are misinterpreting our jobs? the rules, as posted by the administrators, are available for reading by everyone on the board. those that have been banned repeatedly broke those rules. if our jobs aren't to enforce the rules given to us by the administrators, what are we to do? if you don't believe they broke the rules as written could you please explain your side of things?

bighead384
08-06-2008, 11:03 AM
The "1337" is all about flaming and baiting. Based on the rules, most of them could have been banned and you know it, but exceptions were made. But no, ban Bipolar even though he's been a great contributor lately, by tallying up all the petty shit he's done way in the past. Faggots.

bighead384
08-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention...why is it that, by mere coincidence, everyone who was banned accumulated three warnings in about the same 4-5 day period, and was subsequently voted out. Just in the mood to lay down the law or something?

0r4ng3
08-06-2008, 11:10 AM
They were fine. Stop being a tool.
Fuck it then. I'll stay out of this. It's pointless. Nothing's gonna change, and you're just gonna start this up again in a week or two.

bighead384
08-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Fuck it then. I'll stay out of this. It's pointless. Nothing's gonna change, and you're just gonna start this up again in a week or two.

I didn't start it up again.

Little_Miss_1565
08-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention...why is it that, by mere coincidence, everyone who was banned accumulated three warnings in about the same 4-5 day period, and was subsequently voted out. Just in the mood to lay down the law or something?

All of them had 2 warnings already, and then their NSFW posting spree that they went on together was the last. One was also on probation, having been allowed back after being banned before.

But what's the point of explaining it? You'll find a way to twist it around in 5 seconds anyway.

JohnnyNemesis
08-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Based on the rules, most of them could have been banned and you know it

Yeah, those rules were broken before they existed, so your point is moot. You can't have rules introduced in 2008 and expect people who broke them in like, 2005, before they even existed, to be punished for it.

Furthermore, members of the mod team (especially myself...oof) have been reprimanded for this behavior as well.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention...why is it that, by mere coincidence

I'm gonna have to interrupt right there. Aint no coincidence here, and you know this already.

The rules and consequences are not only common knowledge (especially for people who break the rules as often as they do, amirite?), but they are also posted for everyone to see.

Why are you making so many diversions and instead talking about things that have nothing to do with their direct violations?

...oh, right, because you can't disprove or deny the fact that they clearly broke the rules, instead pointing out whatever positive contributions they made while ignoring the violations. Nice move; I think I'm gonna try that one next time I'm caught speeding.

bighead384
08-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Oh, right, because you can't disprove or deny the fact that they clearly broke the rules, instead pointing out whatever positive contributions they made while ignoring the violations. Nice move; I think I'm gonna try that one if I'm ever caught speeding.

Speeding? You're comparing this place to the laws of the road, which prevent people from being killed? It's a fucking message board.

IamSam
08-06-2008, 11:17 AM
"My name is bighead and I'm sad cause all my friends on the intranetz got banned. Now no one understands me. Me punx!"

STFU and get a life. Or grow a pair and do something to actually get banned, because it's obvious you don't have a set to make you punk enough to get banned.

jacknife737
08-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Up The Punx

While normally a supporter of punx uppage, i'm quite happy that those individuals have been banned.

JohnnyNemesis
08-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Speeding? You're comparing this place to the laws of the road, which prevent people from being killed? It's a fucking message board.

It's called an analogy. In an analogy, you don't compare the severity of examples, you compare the logic involved. Do you understand?

I think you do. You are a grown man, so you know this already. Come on, now.

ps. So far, people support the decision...so please stop trying to act as the voice of the people, here.

bighead384
08-06-2008, 11:20 AM
It's called an analogy. In an analogy, you don't compare the severity of examples, you compare the logic involved. Do you understand?

I think you do. You are a grown man, so you know this already. Come on, now.

But my point was that you take this place too seriously. So why wouldn't I compare the severity of the situations?

cool 2 hate 681
08-06-2008, 11:20 AM
wait who got banned?:confused:

IamSam
08-06-2008, 11:23 AM
But my point was that you take this place too seriously. So why wouldn't I compare the severity of the situations?

Oh sweet fuck!

Don't compare the severity of the situations. Compare the fact that both situations have rules that were broken and that one person would attempt to say that while speeding (or posting against regulations) they were still contributing to society by giving a hobo a lift (posting like a normal human). Even though they were doing good the rules were still broken.

I think some days you just decide to be a big bag of douche.

Ryder1234
08-06-2008, 11:24 AM
I didn't start it up again.

(@cool to hate 681)
Cock Joke, Bipolar Bear, and 6661

JohnnyNemesis
08-06-2008, 11:25 AM

...because you'd then be the one taking the place too seriously? And also, because, like I said, that's just not how analogies work?

I think what you either don't understand or refuse to accept (because it flies in the face of your "argument") is that we don't take this place too seriously. We really don't, but we were approached by the administrators and told very explicitly what we're supposed to do in these situations, and agreed to do 'em. That's not taking things too seriously, that's doing what's asked.

You don't like it, so your way of coping is to just completely refuse to believe it, which is why we have interminable arguments every few days.

...besides, for the love of fuck, there's an entire "Anti-Authority" group. How the hell are the moderators the ones taking things too seriously?

Little_Miss_1565
08-06-2008, 11:25 AM

I didn't take this place seriously until I was contacted by the people who run this site last summer. Kind of lit a fire under me to want to help make this place be an awesome community.

Anyway, somebody's got to take it seriously to make it rad enough for all of our efforts to be totally unappreciated and derided by folks like yourself.

bighead384
08-06-2008, 11:38 AM
What's the status of all those who were banned recently right now? When are you allowing them back?

JohnnyNemesis
08-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Whether they return at all depends on a bunch of different things. Not all will even be allowed back, but I'm personally confident that a few will be allowed back relatively soon. Details concerning their status when they return and how to proceed from there are being worked out/discussed right now.

adombomb222
08-06-2008, 11:47 AM
How annoying...

IamSam
08-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Well my friends....
We've got trouble!
Right here on BBS!
With a capital T
And that rhymes with G
As in 'Gee you're dumb'

F@ BANKZ
08-06-2008, 12:50 PM
(@cool to hate 681)
Cock Joke, Bipolar Bear, and 6661
Wait, wait... Cock Joke was actually banned? This looks to me like another act of discrimination against the minority of people who are ZagmenO.

Ryder1234
08-06-2008, 01:30 PM
It seems so.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/member.php?u=13500

Jakebert
08-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't think Zag should be allowed back at this point. I hate to be a dick, but he of all people should have realize how lenient the mods are here and stopped acting like a 12 year old kid. There's not a single other board I've been on that would have let him come back after the first time, and the fact that he got a second chance at all shows that the mods here aren't dicks and do try to be fair and respectful of people. He blew it, and it's his fault he's banned, not theirs.

I honestly don't get why it's so hard to follow the rules for some people. I mean, they aren't that strict whatsoever, and it's not like you can't have fun and fuck around here while at the same time following them. They aren't restrictive in the slightest, and there's really nothing about them that stop people from having fun, cracking dirty jokes, or whatever. The only thing that they really stop you from doing is intentionally being a disruptive asshole, and I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

Every time I read one of these "THE MODS ARE POWERHUNGRY ASSHOLES!!!" arguments, I can't help but be reminded of a girl I went to high school with who got caught drinking and smoking pot, and then said they only got in trouble because their parents are "fucking Nazis who hate me," and acting like some horrible piece of injustice has been forced upon them, despite the fact that they were doing something illegal. Just reminds me of the lame defense mechanisms I keep seeing here.

0r4ng3
08-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Every time I read one of these "THE MODS ARE POWERHUNGRY ASSHOLES!!!" arguments, I can't help but be reminded of a girl I went to high school with who got caught drinking and smoking pot, and then said they only got in trouble because their parents are "fucking Nazis who hate me," and acting like some horrible piece of injustice has been forced upon them, despite the fact that they were doing something illegal. Just reminds me of the lame defense mechanisms I keep seeing here.
Such is the curse of a message board of a punk band.

JohnnyNemesis
08-06-2008, 02:29 PM
No one but the mods who voted for it wants those guys to be banned. Plain and simple.

This was funny enough the first time, but it's even funnier now considering how thoroughly wrong it's been proven in this thread alone.

F@ BANKZ
08-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Although ZagmenO/Cock Joke does intermitably violate the rules of the forum, it is not his salient purpose. He probably comes online to read about the band and just wants to have fun; I haven't read one thing that he's posted which is malicious or hugely breeching violation. I am not questioning the ban, but I think it is important to consider members who are genuinely big fans of the band carefully, I said the same for Venom when he was banned (maybe to you [Jakebert], I can't remember).

Is there even any way to prevent his return on a different account such as an IP block? I wouldn't put it beyond him to respectfully use a junior for a while and make a tumultuous announcement in a couple of months if his account isn't un-banned.

bighead384
08-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Although ZagmenO/Cock Joke does intermitably violate the rules of the forum, it is not his salient purpose. He probably comes online to read about the band and just wants to have fun; I haven't read one thing that he's posted which is malicious or hugely breeching violation

Psh, it's the same deal with all of them. Just let them the fuck back. I bet once I talk to all them and find out what really happened, I'm gonna be even more pissed off.

Little_Miss_1565
08-06-2008, 02:44 PM
While I agree that Zag wasn't as malicious as some of the others, the rules really aren't hard to live with. The AFI board bans fans permanently with no leniency if people demonstrate that they cannot play nicely with others. Nobody wants to ban fans from the message board, but shouldn't fans also have some respect for the people who run the site and not break rules for the sake of breaking them?

Ryder1234
08-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Is there even any way to prevent his return on a different account such as an IP block? I wouldn't put it beyond him to respectfully use a junior for a while and make a tumultuous announcement in a couple of months if his account isn't un-banned.

IP blocks might not always work. I think if he joined again on a different PC (Different IP) he would slip past.

Jakebert
08-06-2008, 02:51 PM
F@T BANK, I get what you're saying, but you also have to remember that the whole stuff with Zag began more than a year ago, and he still hasn't stopped. There's a big difference between someone who makes some honest mistakes then attempts to learn from it and someone who blatantly keeps doing the same thing over and over again, regardless of the fact that they know better.

And bighead, no offense, but you haven't been here long enough to comment on the situation with Cock Joke. If you notice, we keep referring to him as Zag, his old username, because he has a long history here, and most of it happened before you joined. I'm not going to comment on the other guys, because I haven't been around much in the last 2 weeks and have no idea what they did, but with Zag's history, he really has been given more than enough chances to stop acting like an idiot and spamming. And I would go as far as saying he's the worst spammer on the board since I joined, which is a big statement.

JohnnyNemesis
08-06-2008, 03:12 PM
He probably comes online to read about the band and just wants to have fun

For the record, this is something we're taking into consideration in our discussion. The last thing we wanna do is get rid of genuine fans, but we also can't have them flying in the face of what we've been told to do...

I haven't read one thing that he's posted which is malicious or hugely breeching violation.

This falls into the whole "that's 'cause we got rid of it before it became a disturbance to you" category that we talked about in a few threads. If you don't see this kind of thing, it's not 'cause it didn't happen, but because we got rid of it in a timely fashion.

(Which brings me to a thought: I think moderating a BBS is the only position where you actually get criticized for doing your work efficiently, lolz. It's a misunderstanding though, so I don't get mad.)

Psh, it's the same deal with all of them.

Patently false, and there are several posts to forums and social groups that prove otherwise.

I bet once I talk to all them and find out what really happened, I'm gonna be even more pissed off.

And again, it's moderators who are taking this place too seriously?

Little_Miss_1565
08-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm gonna be even more pissed off.

Why do I get the feeling this is going to be the case regardless of what anyone says?

Ryder1234
08-06-2008, 04:00 PM
cause he's a goddamn flyers fan.

IamSam
08-06-2008, 04:10 PM
I bet once I talk to all them and find out what really happened, I'm gonna be even more pissed off.

Even if they absolutely violated the rules? I think it's been pretty well proven that no one but you really misses them.

WebDudette
08-06-2008, 07:43 PM
BBS Politics, srs bizness.

A lot of other forums and they would have been banned instantly without the chance of coming back, and you would have been banned right along with them.

adombomb222
08-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Can we just ban Bighead, for douchebagin' douchebagarie?

Oh and not to say I haven't been annoying... but... he IS a douche-bag.

EDIT: Wait, douche-bag implies that he gets pussy; therefore, he's a butt-plug.

JohnnyNemesis
08-06-2008, 10:35 PM
*reads thread's new replies*

No one but the mods who voted for it wants those guys to be banned. Plain and simple.

It just gets better and better.

Ryder1234
08-06-2008, 10:40 PM
EDIT: Wait, douche-bag implies that he gets pussy; therefore, he's a butt-plug.

ASS RAMMER!!!11!!

(@ bighead)

Little_Miss_1565
08-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Please refrain from the ad hominem attacks, and thank you.

Ryder1234
08-07-2008, 12:19 AM
ok. 10101010

Superdope
08-07-2008, 01:42 PM
*stumbles through the door*

Hi guys!

Did I miss anything?

Oh...

Not going to miss them.

Jakebert
08-07-2008, 02:02 PM

I'm starting to think that bighead is bad at this.

adombomb222
08-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Please refrain from the ad hominem attacks, and thank you.

Can I still call him a douchebag/buttplug?(With out implying sexual preferences):confused:
I know you agree with me.;)

Little_Miss_1565
08-07-2008, 09:53 PM
That would be an ad hominem attack.

adombomb222
08-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Maybe butt-pulgÖ but douche-bag is a widely excepted way to express disgust with one another.

That_Guy91
08-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Shut the fuck up, adambomb.

The penalty of breaking the rules here is also less than that of breaking the law. If the BBS shouldn't be taken seriously, like you say, then they won't care that they got banned. Unless, of course, they're taking it more seriously than the mods.

adombomb222
08-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Who is adambomb?

Ryder1234
08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
The guy in the dumpster.

That_Guy91
08-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Didn't we used to have some sort of Effort Police?

Ryder1234
08-07-2008, 10:52 PM
It took so much effort to post that, though :rolleyes:

although I could redo it, if it's really that important.

ad8
08-08-2008, 05:20 AM
In contrast to the older forum members like Jakebert, I'll post my opinion on Cock Joke here as one of the newer members. To me, Cock Joke was never like a troll and I wonder that some people are still here if he got banned. I agree that he posted stupid stuff quite often but in my opinion, this stuff always remained stupid and was never demeaning or causing real harm. That is how I saw him from Jan 2008(actually 3-5 months earlier since I have read the boards before I had an account). I hope this sounds neutral and not like some of the other posts in here ;).

Little_Miss_1565
08-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Ad8, thank you for your input, but I would like to be sure you know that Cock Joke wasn't banned for being a troll. There are certain rules that were broken, and as JohnnyNemesis has already pointed out, part of the problem of being a good moderator is that we get rid of most of the bad stuff before anyone sees it. We want everyone else to be able to see the board like you have just described, but it's a double-edged sword as when someone does end up getting banned, few others but us have seen why.

bighead384
08-08-2008, 01:19 PM
part of the problem of being a good moderator is that we get rid of most of the bad stuff before anyone sees it.

I don't see how it's possible that you delete "most" of the bad stuff before anyone sees it. Like, what is the likelihood that you consistently see that one bad post out of hundreds before anybody else? That's bullshit. You would have to sign on every 15 minutes and check absolutely every single new post for that to be true. That's ridiculous.

Little_Miss_1565
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
There are 15 of us and there's one of us online just about 24 hours a day. Seriously, I don't know why I bother explaining anything to you. You are going to have a problem with anything I or anyone else says if it does not coincide with your narrow and unrealistic preconceived notion. And even why I try to be nice and professional, you light into me for being nice and professional. Just leave me alone.

bighead384
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
this stuff always remained stupid and was never demeaning or causing real harm. That is how I saw him from Jan 2008(actually 3-5 months earlier since I have read the boards before I had an account).

Must be something wrong with you man. The stuff he posted was a big deal and really hurt our community:(.

Thomas
08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I don't see how it's possible that you delete "most" of the bad stuff before anyone sees it. Like, what is the likelihood that you consistently see that one bad post out of hundreds before anybody else? That's bullshit. You would have to sign on every 15 minutes and check absolutely every single new post for that to be true. That's ridiculous.

Don't forget that there is a "report" button for anyone who sees a bad post. All you have to do is click on that and it will alert the mods. I know I've used it from time to time.

bighead384
08-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I wish I was fast enough to see the bad stuff before the mods so I could hit the report button. But somehow, I NEVER see anything posted that's a big problem. I guess I gotta work on my mouse speed and hand-eye coordination!

Rooster
08-08-2008, 01:33 PM
I've seen those let's say "inappropriate pics" they posted, those were clearly rule violations, and there was no need to do that. If they already had been warned before and this was the third warning for each, i think that the mods made the right decision. Mods need to do their job, they need to treat everyone the same way. If these guys would get away with breaking the rules it wouldn't be fair to any other member who got banned before (or after) them.

bighead384
08-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Just curious, how long, on average would you guys say a rule violating post (out of the HUNDREDS that are posted each day) lasts on these boards? 3.5 seconds? Somewhere in that ballpark?

Thomas
08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
I wish I was fast enough to see the bad stuff before the mods so I could hit the report button. But somehow, I NEVER see anything posted that's a big problem. I guess I gotta work on my mouse speed and hand-eye coordination!

So let me get this straight... Just because you didn't see it happen, it didn't happen? If you NEVER see it, then the mods are DOING THEIR JOBS WELL and there's no reason to complain.

bighead384
08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm starting to think that bighead is bad at this.

Only BBS dorks come to the Offspring.com Talk Forum. That's the only reason why.

bighead384
08-08-2008, 01:41 PM
So let me get this straight... Just because you didn't see it happen, it didn't happen? If you NEVER see it, then the mods are DOING THEIR JOBS WELL and there's no reason to complain.

Yeah, they're so fast it's beyond belief. Once again, literally beyond belief.

Thomas
08-08-2008, 01:47 PM
So NOW you are saying that you see every post in every thread before the mods do?

Rooster
08-08-2008, 01:52 PM
This thread is going nowhere...

ad8
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Ad8, thank you for your input, but I would like to be sure you know that Cock Joke wasn't banned for being a troll. There are certain rules that were broken, and as JohnnyNemesis has already pointed out, part of the problem of being a good moderator is that we get rid of most of the bad stuff before anyone sees it. We want everyone else to be able to see the board like you have just described, but it's a double-edged sword as when someone does end up getting banned, few others but us have seen why.
Well, that was what I had expected. But still I wonder why I didn't see these things one or two times because there are really times when I'm so bored that I click the "new posts" button like every 30 seconds.

nieh
08-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Well, that was what I had expected. But still I wonder why I didn't see these things one or two times because there are really times when I'm so bored that I click the "new posts" button like every 30 seconds.

I've seen lots of posts and threads that are deleted by the next time I refresh the page.

Little_Miss_1565
08-08-2008, 02:14 PM
I'd restore the photos but then we wouldn't be doing our jobs. You know? Besides, I'm sure Bighead would find a way to claim I'd hacked their accounts and planted the photos just to frame them so I could ban them, since I'm an evil dictator like that.

Mota Boy
08-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Wait a minute, are you saying that there are rules on this forum? Rules that people have to follow? What the fuck? And wait, you can get... banned for violating these rules? Glory be I never knew! Why, if only someone had alerted us to this, as well as written these rules down and placed them in some public part of the forum, then we could know the proper codes of conduct for not having this terrible fate befall us.

Oooh - another idea - we could also intentionally violate these rules in a fit of childish rebellion we should've all gotten out of our systems in middle school, then continue our pattern of immaturity by not accepting the consequences of our actions and instead turning to the very moderators we've been trying to piss off to beg for a second chance! Wouldn't that be fun?

But this is serious business, guys. We're forced to exist under a horrifically authoritarian, power-mad regime. Quick, to action! Let's argue incessantly about things we don't know! I have a passionate, brilliant and compelling - nay, damning - argument that will surely convince you that these mods should all be overthrown.

But I don't have any time to type it out right now, so instead I'll come back later to discover that nobody agrees with me and pretend I never made this post. Fight the power!

WebDudette
08-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I still believe bighead is a troll.

Rooster
08-08-2008, 02:56 PM
I still believe bighead is a troll.

Have faith.

Ryder1234
08-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Because believing is half the battle.

IamSam
08-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Wait a minute, are you saying that there are rules on this forum? Rules that people have to follow[i]? What the fuck? And wait, you can get... [i]banned for violating these rules? Glory be I never knew! Why, if only someone had alerted us to this, as well as written these rules down and placed them in some public part of the forum, then we could know the proper codes of conduct for not having this terrible fate befall us.

Oooh - another idea - we could also intentionally violate these rules in a fit of childish rebellion we should've all gotten out of our systems in middle school, then continue our pattern of immaturity by not accepting the consequences of our actions and instead turning to the very moderators we've been trying to piss off to beg for a second chance! Wouldn't that be fun?

But this is serious business, guys. We're forced to exist under a horrifically authoritarian, power-made regime. Quick, to action! Let's argue incessantly about things we don't know! I have a passionate, brilliant and compelling - nay, damning - argument that will surely convince you that these mods should all be overthrown.

But I don't have any time to type it out right now, so instead I'll come back later to discover that nobody agrees with me and pretend I never made this post. Fight the power!

I love it.

Rooster
08-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Wait a minute, are you saying that there are rules on this forum? Rules that people have to follow[i]? What the fuck? And wait, you can get... [i]banned for violating these rules? Glory be I never knew! Why, if only someone had alerted us to this, as well as written these rules down and placed them in some public part of the forum, then we could know the proper codes of conduct for not having this terrible fate befall us.

But this is serious business, guys. We're forced to exist under a horrifically authoritarian, power-made regime. Quick, to action! Let's argue incessantly about things we don't know! I have a passionate, brilliant and compelling - nay, damning - argument that will surely convince you that these mods should all be overthrown.

This guy is right! FIGHT MODS JUST FOR THE SAKE OF FIGHTING THEM, IT'S TRU PUNX!!!1111!!

adombomb222
08-08-2008, 09:33 PM
If you tell me how Iíll plant evidence so that bighead may be banned...
Heís such a ********* I canít stand that you havenít found some way of dealing with him. Like seriously could you hack his account and have him mass post a bunch of inappropriate pictures or something.

Mota Boy
08-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah, but then after a couple weeks people would be all like "Why's it so quiet and boring on the forum, anyway?" I mean, at this point he's singlehandedly sustaining around half of the major flame wars on the forum. That's pretty impressive. Yeah, many adjectives apply, but "impressive" is one.

Ryder1234
08-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Hmmm... Apparently Bipolar Bear is online... But he's still banned.

bighead384
08-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah, but then after a couple weeks people would be all like "Why's it so quiet and boring on the forum, anyway?" I mean, at this point he's singlehandedly sustaining around half of the major flame wars on the forum. That's pretty impressive. Yeah, many adjectives apply, but "impressive" is one.

Flame wars are ALL my fault on this forum, and have been for years. Don't try ripping me off with this "half" shit.

You're a conformist. You would never understand what it means to be punk.

disclaimer_07
08-09-2008, 04:59 AM

I believe the pictures they posted in the postcount thread remained there for hours, it's like I saw them right after I got up in the morning and they were still there in the afternoon.

Rooster
08-09-2008, 05:54 AM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=732

JohnnyNemesis
08-09-2008, 08:14 AM

I'm fucking pissed right now. bighead was messing with us and joking around all along. Look at this shit; there's no way a grown man would say this, and I'm dead serious. I refuse to believe it.

IamSam
08-09-2008, 08:47 AM

And neither do you. You haven't done one thing to actually step out of the out of line versus the authority. So why don't you become punk, grow a pair of balls, and do something punk...something anti-establishment...something against the authorities that be on this BBS. Something other than posting another whiny thread complaining about bannings.

Rooster
08-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Flame wars are ALL my fault on this forum, and have been for years. Don't try ripping me off with this "half" shit.

We are dealing with an advanced flamer here. I'm posting a link to some useful tips - i think we'll need them, because otherwise we'll be screwed when he lits up his flame thrower:

flame war guide for dummies (http://www.petrescue.com/library/flame-guide.htm)
flame war guide advanced (http://barb.velvet.com/humor/flaming.html)

0r4ng3
08-09-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm fucking pissed right now. bighead was messing with us and joking around all along. Look at this shit; there's no way a grown man would say this, and I'm dead serious. I refuse to believe it.
I'm once again going to emphasize the curse of moderating a punk forum. You'd be surprised at what's believable and what's not.

bighead384
08-09-2008, 09:41 AM
I was DEAD serious when I said that, too. I guess it's hard to realize things like that when you're so used to accepting things without questioning first.

Authority is wrong.

Jakebert
08-09-2008, 10:02 AM
And punk rockers are stupid crybabies who don't bathe and think tha fighting authority means doing speed and singing crappy songs about how different you are.

IamSam
08-09-2008, 10:09 AM
I guess it's hard to realize things like that when you're so used to accepting things without questioning first.

Oh trust me, I questioned. I questioned many things like:

How many times your mother dropped you on your head? or
How can one person be this stupid? or
Is he just having us on? or
What is a grape nut? or
Does his username describe his penis or his actual cranium? Or
Is he just big headed and doesn't care that he makes no sense? Or
Is this actually a mod in disguise just having a good time? Or
Is this someone who we shouldn't make fun of because they actually are mentally handicapped?

bighead384
08-09-2008, 10:24 AM
And punk rockers are stupid crybabies who don't bathe and think tha fighting authority means doing speed and singing crappy songs about how different you are.

Alright, now it's just getting stupid.

I WASN'T SERIOUS.

Well, the comments about punk anyway.

bighead384
08-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Bighead was attempting to be satirical with his punk comments. But what he doesn't realize is that most of his other posts are so stupid, it makes it impossible to tell if he's serious or not.

LOL I'm the 1337.

Little_Miss_1565
08-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Alright, now it's just getting stupid.

No. It got stupid a long time ago.

Mota Boy
08-09-2008, 10:32 AM
No. It got stupid a long time ago.Agreed. Now play nice, kids. Or else playtime's over.

You're a conformist. You would never understand what it means to be punk.Psh, I'm not conforming to the law, I AM the law. Now cut your hair and take that shit out of your nose, you look like a freak.

bighead384
08-09-2008, 10:49 AM
It's been like 10 days. You said you'd let some of them back, but by this point, you might as well ban them permanently.

Little_Miss_1565
08-09-2008, 10:51 AM
We're going to discuss it again later when cooler heads hopefully prevail. You can keep being a dick about it, though. That totally helps.

bighead384
08-09-2008, 10:54 AM
If you let what I say affect your decision as a mod, then you shouldn't be one. I have opinions on the situation, but I don't actually have anything to do with it. And what do you mean cooler heads? LOL. You really do take this place too seriously.

Little_Miss_1565
08-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Keep trolling me. Do it. I dare you.

IamSam
08-09-2008, 10:57 AM
What makes me laugh is that he is ignoring me now. hahahaha

But really, keep trolling her. It's the ballsiest thing you've done here.

bighead384
08-09-2008, 10:58 AM
This just isn't trolling. In fact, all I tried to do was figure out when some of my friends might come back. Jackass.

LOL!

Rooster
08-09-2008, 11:00 AM
You really do take this place too seriously.

An old, unoriginal argument. Just leave the mods do their job, because they were asked to do it, it doesn't make you more punk for fighting them, it just shows that YOU are the one who is taking this place too seriously.

Little_Miss_1565
Nice backpedal! Let's see that again in slow-mo!

bighead384
Nice backpedal! Let's see that again in slow-mo!

Not even close. Nice try.

IamSam
08-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Not even close. Nice try.

You would make a horrible politician.

That's a backhanded compliment.

Mota Boy
08-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Alright, you brought this on yourselves. This forum is about discussion of the board, not about your personal opinion on each others' character or sexual orientation. I've been more lax lately about the types of conversations I've been allowing, but a snippy flameskirmish going nowhere but down is beyond the edge. Your point has been made, and apparently all substantive conversation on the subject has been exhausted, though I will add a coda.

It's been like 10 days. You said you'd let some of them back, but by this point, you might as well ban them permanently.They were banned because they broke the rules thrice, intentionally, with malice. This isn't a fucking slap on the wrist, and they have given us no reason by their behavior on here for us to bend over backwards looking for a reason to allow them back in. When we say "we'll reconsider", we promise nothing beyond that. If they'll be allowed to return, it's gonna be a while.

However, I think that what we've seen in this thread is that you are, by and large, alone in your outrage. In fact, most people seem to be enjoying the boards more without a tween wannabe e-gang whinging every other day about this or that. Hell, if anything, this thread has gotten me thinking about how nice this place has been the past few days. If you'd like, we'll tell you when and if we make a decision on them, but I just want to state that I find it extremely odd that a group with a self-imposed mission to be disruptive on this board and bend or break the rules would believe that they are owed anything at all from us when they finally have to face the consequences for pre-determined actions.