PDA

View Full Version : To Catch A Predator

bighead384
08-07-2008, 02:01 AM
What a crazy fucking show that is. I can't help but laugh while I'm watching it, but at the same time, a part of me feels bad for the guys who are having their lives ruined. It's probably stupid to feel like that, but it's possible that some of them could have had a change of heart when it came down to it. Watching TCAP makes me wonder if I know anyone that's got that same problem. I have a feeling that a lot more people than you would expect are into disgusting shit like this. It must really be a strong urge/obsession for those people to risk all that and live as freaks. Just some random thoughts...

This is probably the best one ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB-9QnGNvxg&feature=related

Professor Chaos
08-07-2008, 02:43 AM
Yeah, I feel bad for the guys whose lives are being ruined, too, and not... y'know, the 13 year old kids they're planning on fucking.

KHWHD
08-07-2008, 06:38 AM
Yep, I've seen this on NBC Dateline or whatever it is about 6 months ago. It's really sick and fucked up how these men think and to think what they're going to this house for. :mad:

Rag Doll
08-07-2008, 07:33 AM
I watch the show quite often. I'm pretty convinced I'm going to see my boyfriend's friend on there one day, because he digs the younger crowd.

I also definitely wanna try to get into working with my local sheriff's office on this stuff at some point. Both online and as a phone decoy.

IamSam
08-07-2008, 08:06 AM
I can't help but laugh while I'm watching it, but at the same time, a part of me feels bad for the guys who are having their lives ruined.

God forbid the kids they are screwing end up having at least a partially ruined life.

Dick.

JohnnyNemesis
08-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Um, people? He only said that PART of him feels bad for the guys. He's not even defending them or anything. It's natural empathy, and I don't think that the slight little bit of "damn, that sucks for the dude" that he's feeling cancels out the overall moral outrage here. Like...chill.

There was this one case where Chris Hansen got overzealous and pissed off because like, the decoy they had in the chat room or whatever got this guy into "her", but then the guy had this huge moral epiphany and told the decoy to stop communicating with him 'cause it's wrong and disgusting and stuff, but then they were like "FUCK IT WE WANT THIS GUY" and they tried to catch the dude on film anyway and the dude flipped out and killed himself before they got to him.

Fucked up shit.

But yeah, those guys are scumbuckets and I get pleasure from like, justice being served. Especially when they're these rich old white dudes who are like "YOU CANNOT DO THIS TO ME" and they're like "WE HAVE CAMERAS EVERYWHERE" and then the dude is like "OH MY GOD I WANNA DIE". I laff.

thecraziness
08-07-2008, 08:33 AM
God forbid the kids they are screwing end up having at least a partially ruined life.

Dick.

I agree. These people are screwed up and need jail,maybe a life sentence. I remember when they tasered this one pedo. What they say and do to their victims are just screwed up!

Sunny
08-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Watching TCAP makes me wonder if I know anyone that's got that same problem. I have a feeling that a lot more people than you would expect are into disgusting shit like this.

oh, i wouldn't be surprised. my good friend's boyfriend turned out to be a pedo and it was a huge shock for everyone involved, cause like... you never expect someone you know to actually dig little girls. you'd think it's always some creepy old man in a basement... but more often than not, it's a regular "well adjusted" guy with a family and everything. ugh =/

Jakebert
08-07-2008, 10:22 AM
It's probably one of my favorite comedy shows ever. My favorite part is Chris Hansen saying things like "I want to teach you how to give good oral sex" in his news announcer voice.

JohnnyNemesis
08-07-2008, 10:41 AM
My favorite part is Chris Hansen saying things like "I want to teach you how to give good oral sex" in his news announcer voice.

YES .

Lodat225
08-07-2008, 10:58 AM
I need to actually watch this show before asking this ... but is there any chance any of the episodes are scripted?

I mean, I watched that video that kid posted and it just seems ridiculous. Then again, I was watching it with no sound so I didn't know what the hell was going on. I would FLIP out if some guy came in my house like that ... or rather, was in my house and walked in my kitchen.

And again, I haven't watched the show but do they make sure every guy they "catch" is trying to hook up with the young girls? I know, I know. Pedophiles but are they ALL trying to have sex with them? Just a simple yes or no answer.

Also, I'm not too familiar with laws and shit, but are they allowed to put cameras in his house? Again, I've never seen this show so I have no idea who this Chris something is and I'm not familiar with laws.

JohnnyNemesis
08-07-2008, 11:00 AM
^What the fuck is wrong with you?

Um, I mean, what they do is being the dude to the girl's house. They also ask him to bring condoms and booze, and if he goes through with that part of things it kinda shows that he's probably willing to go even further. So it's not in the dude's home.

Lodat225
08-07-2008, 11:02 AM
OHHH.

Well, I said I have never watched this show before so I didn't know. I thought it was the guy's house.

JohnnyNemesis
08-07-2008, 11:03 AM
It's cool. I was more like "why the hell is he not watching the damn thing with sound?" Hahaha

Rag Doll
08-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Lodat, you kinda need to watch the show, because I'm not even sure what you're totally asking.

Chris Hansen is a report for Dateline NBC. The other guys they show are the pedophiles. They talk to the decoy teenage girls/boys in chat rooms, always very explicitly. The decoys tell them they will be home alone on such and such a date and the pedophiles can come visit. Dateline then rents a house and sets up cameras and the decoy and whatnot. The pedophiles come to the rented house. When they get there, they meet Chris Hansen instead of a teenage girl. They then go over their internet chat with him, which consists of them saying all the dirty things they wanna do to the supposed teenager. They also usually have condoms/alcohol with them. So yes, they do always want to do something (why else would they come?). And it's legal.

I'm not sure if you're thinking that maybe Dateline went to the pedophiles house?

*edit* Ricky beat me to it. Damn percocet is totally killing my reaction time.

Jakebert
08-07-2008, 11:12 AM
One of my favorite moments has to be the guy that told Chris Hansen that he was only there because he wanted to tell the girl's parents what she was doing online.

Buy the way guys, I made some iced tea and cookies. I'll be out in a second, I gotta finish putting these clothes in the dryer.

nieh
08-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Damn percocet is totally killing my reaction time.

I totally misread this and got very worried for a second.

Rag Doll
08-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Buy the way guys, I made some iced tea and cookies. I'll be out in a second, I gotta finish putting these clothes in the dryer.

I love the "i stubbed the crap out of my toe" excuse. Especially because I do that all the time, so it is now a running joke in my house.

I totally misread this and got very worried for a second.

what did you read it as?

Endymion
08-07-2008, 11:15 AM
you know, it would be hella easy for one of the pedos to check city records regarding the house. if it had been rented in the past month or so they could just stand outside with a picket sign saying "PEDO TRAP" and fuck over the whole thing.

come on pedos, you can do it!

Rag Doll
08-07-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm pretty sure they only rent it for a weekend or so. In one episode, friends of the couple that own the house came over because they saw activity at the home and wanted to make sure everything was ok.

nieh
08-07-2008, 11:32 AM
what did you read it as?

The word 'erection' was in there somewhere.

bighead384
08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
I watch the show quite often. I'm pretty convinced I'm going to see my boyfriend's friend on there one day, because he digs the younger crowd.

Maybe some of you remember the thread I made about a creepy friend I have. Well, lately he's started hanging out with 15 year olds (he's 21). He buys them beer, and he actually got caught doing that by one of their moms. There's other creepy shit he's been doing lately too, which I why I'm starting to avoid him.

bighead384
08-07-2008, 04:25 PM
One of my favorite moments has to be the guy that told Chris Hansen that he was only there because he wanted to tell the girl's parents what she was doing online.

That's probably the best excuse I've heard of. Not that it's a good excuse by any means, but it's the best one I've heard of on that show. I gotta look for that one on Youtube.

bighead384
08-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Um, people? He only said that PART of him feels bad for the guys. He's not even defending them or anything. It's natural empathy, and I don't think that the slight little bit of "damn, that sucks for the dude" that he's feeling cancels out the overall moral outrage here. Like...chill.

Thanks for realizing that, and yeah, that's what I meant. Even though probably 95% of them would go through with it if they had the chance, it's doesn't quite evoke the same emotion out of me because they haven't actually done it yet. I have no sympathy for those who would actually go through with it. It's unfortunate that they were born with such a sick obsession, but all they have to do is control their problems, just like everyone else.

IamSam
08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Thanks for realizing that, and yeah, that's what I meant. Even though probably 95% of them would go through with it if they had the chance, it's doesn't quite evoke the same emotion out of me because they haven't actually done it yet. I have no sympathy for those who would actually go through with it. It's unfortunate that they were born with such a sick obsession, but all they have to do is control their problems, just like everyone else.

Ah....I understand where you are coming from now. And I have to say that your friend is somewhat creeperish, but rates a meh in my warning department. Unless there is a lot more than buying booze for minors...

bighead384
08-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Ah....I understand where you are coming from now. And I have to say that your friend is somewhat creeperish, but rates a meh in my warning department. Unless there is a lot more than buying booze for minors...

There is. He once claimed he got some of the kids to stick things up another kids ass when he was passed out drunk. But at one point, while telling the story, he said "Then I stuck a ketchup bottle up his ass". So I say "You better hope he never finds out it was you". Then he goes "It wasn't me, it was one of the other kids".
I didn't even know what to say. And I hate to say it, but there's more creepy stuff he's done besides that.

KHWHD
08-07-2008, 09:46 PM

I have to disagree with this part. I don't think someone is born with such a sick obsession. Their heads are seriously fucked up, and you can't say it's because they were born with it.

IamSam
08-07-2008, 09:54 PM
There is. He once claimed he got some of the kids to stick things up another kids ass when he was passed out drunk. But at one point, while telling the story, he said "Then I stuck I ketchup bottle up his ass". So I say "You better hope he never finds out it was you". Then he goes "It wasn't me, it was one of the other kids".
I didn't even know what to say. And I hate to say it, but there's more creepy stuff he's done besides that.

Oooooooh k....now I'm creeped out. Make sure you were something to cover your ass if you hang out with him...