PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia deleted my Tehran Demo article

holland25
08-07-2008, 03:39 AM
Why did they do it, assholes?!

disclaimer_07
08-07-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm not registered there, so I don't know, can any of the members delete your articles? Or does it have to be someone with superpowers, like Admin/Mods, ya'know.

Jojan
08-07-2008, 04:22 AM
Only admins can erase pages on Wikipedia. And they should have discussed the article before they erased it. It might have been because you didn't have any good references, or because it's not an official thing. Or maye it was just poor. Was that page linked from any other page?

You can see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tehran_(demo)&action=edit&redlink=1
20:49, 5 August 2008 Jj137 (Talk | contribs) deleted "Tehran (demo)" ‎ (WP:PROD, reason was 'Demo album, fails WP:MUSIC#Albums.'.)

Stylie
08-07-2008, 04:36 AM
I'm not registered there, so I don't know, can any of the members delete your articles? Or does it have to be someone with superpowers, like Admin/Mods, ya'know.

Or Superman!
But yeah, lame to delete it. I don't have an account there either, so I don't know.

EDIT: Didn't see Jojan's post.

holland25
08-07-2008, 04:45 AM
Humm, sweet, so they consider it unnecessary... Or not important. Okay... I'll never make an article on wikipedia again.

Rutegard
08-07-2008, 05:03 AM
Humm, sweet, so they consider it unnecessary... Or not important. Okay... I'll never make an article on wikipedia again.

stupid wikipedia

Jesus
08-07-2008, 05:19 AM

Not important enough to make a new article about it because it isn't notable or famous. Only official releases generally warrant an own article. You can however add it to their Bio in the main article, discography article or even the S/T article.

SaiKYoU
08-07-2008, 05:21 AM
90% of wikipedia admins are assholes, and that a fact...

Jesus
08-07-2008, 05:23 AM
Well 95% of the internetpopulation are assholes ;).
Admins don't have it easy. Have to get rid of quite some retarded shit, edits, etc too.

F@ BANKZ
08-07-2008, 05:35 AM

There was a warning 5 days prior to the deletion, but I wasn't overly concerned I have to say. I infered that the reason for deletion was that it wasn't a significant enough release (as did you, I suppose). I think it's necessary to draw the line somewhere so that space isn't wasted on insignificant items, but I'm opposed to this since I don't see how the cassette is any less important than the Born To Kill demos for instance. In fact, it is probably more so; you wouldn't even have those demos if the cassette wasn't created.

Also to Jesus: These recordings are 'official' and play a part in the band's history (or, at least, they were sold with consent of the band). The only drawback from the unofficial Born To Kill release is that there are not so many of the cassettes.

holland25
08-07-2008, 05:42 AM
but I'm opposed to this since I don't see how the cassette is any less important than the Born To Kill demos for instance. In fact, it is probably more so; you wouldn't even have those demos if the cassette wasn't created.

Yes, considering that TWBTK is a bootleg, it should have been deleted, not the original the bootleg was made of... Goddamn wikipedia :mad:

Camilamazed
08-07-2008, 06:11 AM
I think it would be pretty awesome if fans would add articles like the ones on wikipedia right here, on their home. Lists of releases, bootlegs, singles, rarities, covers and so on..

Alex101
08-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Why did they do it, assholes?!

Well, you know what they say: "Never trust a (stupid) Wikipedian who deletes articles"

Jojan
08-07-2008, 11:04 AM
90% of wikipedia admins are assholes, and that a fact...

I can't find that Wikipedia article.

taloula
08-07-2008, 11:35 AM
what are the songs that are on the tape tehran (demo) ?

holland25
08-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Demos of Tehran, Crossroads, Jennifer Lost the War and Out on Patrol. You can find them all if you click the link in my signature.

SaiKYoU
08-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I can't find that Wikipedia article.

they deleted it!

RODNEYMULLEN
08-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah man, thats pretty fucking gay. That shit happens to me to. Like on mininova.org i uploaded a torrent of offspring live rock in rio dvd and the next day it was completely fucking gone.

Ryder1234
08-07-2008, 10:35 PM

Make a bunch of pointless articles about made up shit.

Camilamazed
08-07-2008, 11:11 PM
they deleted it!

I think he meant the article saying that 90% of wikipedia admins are assholes.

hehehe

holland25
08-08-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm strongly considering starting an article with that name.

A proposed deletion template has been added to the article Tehran (demo), suggesting that it be deleted according to the proposed deletion process. All contributions are appreciated, but this article may not satisfy Wikipedia's criteria for inclusion, and the deletion notice should explain why (see also "What Wikipedia is not" and Wikipedia's deletion policy). You may prevent the proposed deletion by removing the {{dated prod}} notice, but please explain why you disagree with the proposed deletion in your edit summary or on its talk page.

Please consider improving the article to address the issues raised because even though removing the deletion notice will prevent deletion through the proposed deletion process, the article may still be deleted if it matches any of the speedy deletion criteria or it can be sent to Articles for Deletion, where it may be deleted if consensus to delete is reached. B. Wolterding (talk) 10:03, 31 July 2008

Blitzkrieg Bop
08-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Have you posted the article on the BBS, and if so, where is it :)

holland25
08-09-2008, 07:04 AM
It's on our new Wikipedia http://offspring.jonnys-place.com/wiki/

Blitzkrieg Bop
08-09-2008, 07:22 AM
It's on our new Wikipedia http://offspring.jonnys-place.com/wiki/

Thanks ... I can see you guys have been busy in The Meaning Of Life Wiki thread :)