PDA

View Full Version : pete prada at secret show

weezly
08-07-2008, 03:59 AM
from the video, pete seemd pretty amped to be jamming with the boys, i think he seems to fit in really well??? i hope see hes a great drummer and seems to put a lot into the gigs, i no after ron left, and then willard joind quite possibly the gayest man on earth, delonge, man is he full of crap!!
ps im from new zealand, we have a band called the rabble, go to myspac.com/therabble scroll down (not the main player) and listen to the new album 'the battles almost over' i would love to no what u guys think trust me there very good, just not american so its hard to make it

selfDemanDeD
08-07-2008, 07:08 AM
DeLonge may be crap, but Atom is a great drummer :) he played with The Offspring very _beautiful_. Pete is also a serious guy. :cool: He is young, but important is, that he plays good.

lost_nvrfound
08-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Willard was really refreshing to see play. Ron was a great drummer, but he kind of seemed to be the John Entwisel of drums. For those who don't know Entwisel(sp?), he was the bassist for The Who. He'd play really crazy awesome bass lines, but the onlything that seemed to move on him while he was playing was his fingers...

Pete seems to be fantastically entusiastic about playing... its nice...

mrs_hollandova
08-07-2008, 09:19 AM
How old is he???????????????????????

jacknife737
08-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Although i've always been a bit of an Atom fanboy, Pete seems to be a really good fit for the band, and there is definitely chemistry on stage now. Lets hope he sticks around.

Stylie
08-07-2008, 02:05 PM

We don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Capricorn4
08-07-2008, 02:06 PM

Is this so important?

nameless
08-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Is this so important?

probably not but some people just want to know out of curiosity!

dff_punk
08-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Hahaha! Pete Prada? Priceless. You know The Devil Wears Pete Prada?

IamSam
08-07-2008, 09:36 PM
To answer someones question, according to his Myspace he's 82.

Little_Miss_1565
08-07-2008, 09:43 PM
To answer someones question, according to his Myspace he's 82.

God, isn't there just something about an older man.

IamSam
08-07-2008, 09:48 PM
God, isn't there just something about an older man in a Batman shirt.

I fixed it for you. I've got a girlfriend and I'm completely drawn in by Pete...

lost_nvrfound
08-07-2008, 09:49 PM
God, isn't there just something about an older man.
I wonder what his health secrets are...

Little_Miss_1565
08-07-2008, 09:51 PM
I wonder what his health secrets are...

Tattooed young ladies who date 80 year olds?

hshduppsnt
08-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Tattooed young ladies who date 80 year olds?

yeah well that wouldn't be much of a secret would it?

IamSam
08-07-2008, 10:02 PM
yeah well that wouldn't be much of a secret would it?

Hey, secretly Little_Miss hits up old men in the bars at 10am. Call it a second job. :p;)

Little_Miss_1565
08-07-2008, 10:03 PM
The fuck do you mean, "secretly?"

But srsly, this isn't about me. This is about how Pete is old.

IamSam
08-07-2008, 10:05 PM
The fuck do you mean, "secretly?"

But srsly, this isn't about me. This is about how Pete is old.

So it's not a secret anymore?

But yes. Pete is old. He could have conceived Noodles he is so old.

lost_nvrfound
08-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey, secretly Little_Miss hits up old men in the bars at 10am. Call it a second job. :p;)
I think it serves more as a hobby than a job...:eek:

KHWHD
08-07-2008, 10:08 PM
So it's not a secret anymore?

But yes. Pete is old. He could have conceived Noodles he is so old.

LMAO! Too funny. :D

hshduppsnt
08-07-2008, 10:10 PM
i was going to say something clever here... but failed to come up with anything, so i will say this...

he's gotta be old though - the shrinking has set in - as he's the only member of the offspring who doesn't tower over me by at least half a foot...

edit: man that was lame... hahahaha

lost_nvrfound
08-07-2008, 10:16 PM
i was going to say something clever here... but failed to come up with anything, so i will say this...

he's gotta be old though - the shrinking has set in - as he's the only member of the offspring who doesn't tower over me by at least half a foot...

edit: man that was lame... hahahaha
a valiant effort on your part.

i think you earn some points for at least trying

Ryder1234
08-07-2008, 10:22 PM

10 points?

I was never really a fan of Atom, but I really liked Pete ever since he joined. There was never any "oh he's good, but he's not Ron." for me.

Little_Miss_1565
08-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I never understood the Atom hate. I still don't. I'm glad Pete seems to be a great fit for the band though.

hshduppsnt
08-07-2008, 10:34 PM
10 points?

10 out of what?

appreciated :)

I never understood the Atom hate. I still don't. I'm glad Pete seems to be a great fit for the band though.

atom hate is probably the lack of understanding as to why someone would leave the offspring for a band started by tom delonge or whatever...

still seemed unfair... pete however seems like a better fit for whatever reason... for whatever reason atom sorta stood out when i saw him live...

Ryder1234
08-07-2008, 10:38 PM
10 out of what?

appreciated :)

atom hate is probably the lack of understanding as to why someone would leave the offspring for a band started by tom delonge or whatever...

still seemed unfair... pete however seems like a better fit for whatever reason... for whatever reason atom sorta stood out when i saw him live...

Hmm... out of... ten? :D Well deserved.

That's basically what I was gonna post (about the whole Angels and Airwaves thing). And I think people thought that he was too energetic. But regardless, he was a good drummer.

lost_nvrfound
08-07-2008, 10:40 PM
And I think people thought that he was too energetic. But regardless, he was a good drummer.
That was what I liked about him

Ryder1234
08-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Don't get me wrong, I liked his drumming, there was just something about him I never liked.

lost_nvrfound
08-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Don't get me wrong, I liked his drumming, there was just something about him I never liked.
Like I usually say... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

jacknife737
08-07-2008, 11:43 PM

It is a bit perplexing. But i think it's almost like break-up, where kids somehow feel “betrayed” or whatever; in this case things are kind of made worse since the "other person" is Sir Tom "everything is magic" Delong, which doesn't really help things. Still, i hope Atom is happy with whatever he's doing now.

Little_Miss_1565
08-08-2008, 12:08 AM
That's the other thing, the Tom Delonge hate. I would get it if he'd raped someone's dog or something, but he's just a not so hot frontman who can't sing properly but loves the shit out of himself regardless. Not exactly unique in those respects, you know?

I just don't want people to give Pete the same bollockings should he ever move on from the band. I mean, a man that old, you might kill him or something.

/unfunny_running_joke

mrs_hollandova
08-08-2008, 12:57 AM
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5895/peteprada1ep2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Pete Prada :D

On Myspace he says hes listen to Irglova + Hansard... eee, movie "Once" is just so terrible...

Lupin
08-08-2008, 01:17 AM
the Tom Delonge hate. I would get it if he'd raped someone's dog or something,

Im sure i read in the papers that he did...isn't that why Blink 182 split. "Band Frontman Molests Labrador" maybe just wishful thinking on my part :p

weezly
08-08-2008, 03:30 AM
delonge hate.. well i liked blink182, but all of a sudden tom went off on some stupid self discovery tangent, and now he thinks he is bethoven, u no we make such beautiful music, but its just mindless dribble?! i really think his new band is full of shit, really, i dont hate him, i just think he is fully of so much shit

holland25
08-08-2008, 06:44 AM
+44 is much better, right?

Answer: They both suck. +44 sucks less though.

The Search Button
08-08-2008, 12:46 PM

What are you talking about?

The band is a great fit for Pete. Not the other way around. Without him they would be completely lost. I dare to say that without Pete, the band would be completely off the pace. I say completely.

hshduppsnt
08-08-2008, 12:53 PM
/unfunny_running_joke

don't worry... letterman style... it'll die down but if you keep with it it'll be funny again :)

ThunderPX
08-08-2008, 12:55 PM
don't worry... letterman style... it'll die down but if you keep with it it'll be funny again :)

Speaking of which, I heard they threw out guitar pi-*mauled*

ad8
08-08-2008, 01:07 PM
I feel quite the same about him. I think even the Offspring thought like we do. Remember Noodles' "How many Rockabillies does it take to change a light bulb?" quote on the CMVC DVD? Atom just didn't fit in with the style of the band.

Speaking of which, I heard they threw out guitar pi-*mauled*

They tossed, man. They tossed:D

Thomas
08-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Wait. Where can I see this video?

RODNEYMULLEN
08-08-2008, 03:05 PM
I think pete is an awsome drummer. But i don't hate atom, he was a kick ass drummer to (untill he left for the worst band ever). When he was playing live he just seemed really into drumming, like he was just having fun at the concerts, which is kinda what offsprings all about.