PDA

View Full Version : Would you let a gay couple adopt your child?

Zebulon
08-07-2008, 08:36 AM
If you were going to give up your baby for adoption, and you figured out it was going to be adopted by a gay couple, would you try to stop it if you could? Would you feel dissapointed? Upset? Why?

Little_Miss_1565
08-07-2008, 08:37 AM
I would be thankful that my child would be so lucky as to be adopted into a loving home.

WTF at your leading questions? Why does it sound like you want to hear that people would be upset about it?

KHWHD
08-07-2008, 08:39 AM
That's a toughy really. I have 2 children (1 almost 2 and 1 almost 3,) but adoption was never a thought that crossed my mind when pregnant with my babies. I think that if it was necessary (and I had to) give my kids up when I first had them (I would never ever think of it now) I would probably say yes that I would. All depending on the couple of course... financially, personalities, and so on.

nieh
08-07-2008, 08:42 AM
If you give your child up for adoption, don't you not have any say in the matter? And I wouldn't care. So long as they provided a loving family environment, why would it matter if they're gay?

KHWHD
08-07-2008, 08:51 AM
You'd almost think he was homophobic. :confused:

Rag Doll
08-07-2008, 09:01 AM
I think the gays would do a way better job than I would.

For anyone interested in gays adopting, read "The Kid" by Dan Savage.

Sunny
08-07-2008, 09:06 AM
well, i would surely be upset about having to carry an unwanted child to term. in response to your original question, no, i wouldn't care if they're gay or not, and why exactly should i? cause omfg they're gonna molest it? or turn it gay? o noes!

Jakebert
08-07-2008, 10:26 AM
I would have no problem letting a gay couple adopt my child, but I do not have any kids that I know of.

JohnnyNemesis
08-07-2008, 10:44 AM
I would let a gay couple adopt my child, but then I'd stay away from it to make sure I don't catch teh gayz myself. Win-Win!

But for the record, Zebulon didn't say anything about what he thought of the situation, so you're all being unnecessarily antagonistic.

Then again, I say that now but I bet you're all correct anyway...

Endymion
08-07-2008, 10:53 AM
funny you should ask this question: i would only allow my child to be adopted by a male, gay, interracial couple.

Little_Miss_1565
08-07-2008, 10:56 AM
But for the record, Zebulon didn't say anything about what he thought of the situation, so you're all being unnecessarily antagonistic.

Then again, I say that now but I bet you're all correct anyway...

Fair, but all the questions were very leading towards only one side of the coin, don't you think?

Drafan
08-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I donīt know now, the society is still evolving itself in this question, time will show.

WebDudette
08-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Yes, maybe I have skewed thoughts or something but I imagine a gay couple would do a great job of raising a family.

jacknife737
08-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Yes, i'd have no issue with who the parents are; as long as they were stable, and loving, ect.

Jakebert
08-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Guys, you're all missing the point. The gays and liberals are working together to destroy the concept of family, and letting gays adopt kids will bring about a major surge in their recruitment drives, which currently only take place at Brodway Musicals, showings of Sex in the City: The Movie, and according to the Wesboro Baptist Church, funerals. We need to stop them.

Static_Martyr
08-07-2008, 04:36 PM
WBC sounds like a brand name of condoms. Or perhaps a foreign radio station. Certainly not a church.

bighead384
08-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Fair, but all the questions were very leading towards only one side of the coin, don't you think?

Why don't you wait until it clearly becomes an issue before you call him out on it?

Little_Miss_1565
08-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Why don't you wait until it clearly becomes an issue before you call him out on it?

JN beat you to calling me out, and he managed to do it in a way that was classy and appropriate. Protip: Vendettas are ugly.

jacknife737
08-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Guys, you're all missing the point. The gays and liberals are working together to destroy the concept of family, and letting gays adopt kids will bring about a major surge in their recruitment drives, which currently only take place at Brodway Musicals, showings of Sex in the City: The Movie, and according to the Wesboro Baptist Church, funerals. We need to stop them.

It's ok, as a typical liberal i hate america. I'll only support non-abortion if the ACLU promises to raise my baby to be a gay communist at a community collective run by Hillary Clinton.

lost_nvrfound
08-07-2008, 08:09 PM
It doesn't really matter what the couples race, orientation, or gender is. To me, it'd be all about the feel I got from the pair. They could be the nicest straight couple in the world, but if I didnt like their vibe, then its no contest. Its all about the people.

Ryder1234
08-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I think the gays would do a way better job than I would.

My exact thoughts. I have a friend who's dad is bi (at the moment with a man), and he only ever gets into trouble at his mom's. And his room is fucking spotless there, the exact opposite of at his mom's

As for my answer, yes I would. Why wouldn't you?

adombomb222
08-07-2008, 10:11 PM

Ahhahahhaaha! True.

But really... One of my best friends grew up with lesbian moms. And other then normal teenage shit we all go through, she has/is turning out all right.

Protip: Vendettas are ugly.

This is very true, I know from experience. Bighead... You need to let it go, or you'll be made a fool of.

Lodat225
08-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Lol, my ex is obsessed with homosexuals. What I mean is, she is attracted to most homosexuals only because they are ... homosexuals. It's weird. Anyways, she wanted a gay couple to adopt our kid so bad. She didn't like any other family but since there were no "gay couple" family waiting ... she settled for a normal couple.

But yeah, I would let a gay couple adopt my kid. I don't see why not..