PDA

View Full Version : Help me find out band's name

Free?
08-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Here's the deal. Like 6-8 years ago I saw a videoclip, but I can't remember band's and song's name. It was a pop-punk video where guys from the band were running away from a crowd of girls. I also remember that they used garbage container as a hideout and in pre-chorus there was mentioned "big plastic submarine". I may be wrong at some facts though. Does anyone recognize that stuff?

JohnnyNemesis
08-07-2008, 12:53 PM
SR-71. The song is Right Now.

It's one of the worst songs of all time.

Tijs
08-07-2008, 12:56 PM
The song sounds so familiar, but I've never seen the video. Didn't they use this song in American Pie or something similar?

It's one of the worst songs of all time.
It is, but it has a high sing-a-long potential.

JohnnyNemesis
08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
The song sounds so familiar, but I've never seen the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dY4KjMdMVE

Brace yourself.

OH, and thanks to Wikipedia I just found out that my LEAST favorite song of all time (well, one of them, anyway), "1985" by Bowling For Soup, is actually a cover version of a song originally written and recorded by SR-71.

I officially wish them nothing but the fucking worst.

Free?
08-07-2008, 01:37 PM
That was fast, thanks dudes :). Lately I feel a need to re-watch old stuff that I met long time ago when I was young and green.

EDIT: After few times of watching the video, checked the lyrics and I can't say that I dislike the song. It's so 90's so pop-punk with cheap lyrics, but I hear more vocal lines rather then lyrics, I don't take it serious so words cut my ears somehow.