PDA

View Full Version : Live performances

B-Rad
08-08-2008, 10:06 PM
I miss the live performances like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIdjfHoJTYw

Seems like all the vids ive seen of their recent performances show them standing around and generally all looking very tired and bored.

I'd sacrifice dexter on guitar for dexter jumping around hyping up the crowd and the rest of the band. or maybe theyre just getting old...

but what do i know? :D

edit: actually, I just watched the secret show vid, and that was pretty good. Still doesnt beat the all i want show in my link

KHWHD
08-08-2008, 10:25 PM
He isn't really singing live in that video is he? Cause to me, it certainly didn't sound/look like it.

Yes, I know it's a "live concert" but it sounded like the song was played when the video was playing.

B-Rad
08-08-2008, 10:29 PM
nah you can tell its live

all the hard t's and he doesnt drag out "want" a few times

its def not the studio version anyway

also the timing can be off a lot on youtube videos

and i just played em up next to each other, way different

nightvision
08-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Rock bands doesn't lip-sync you know. If they did, I wouldn't call them a rock band. Pop artists will do it though.

Like I said.

Free?
08-09-2008, 01:48 AM
That's taken from Huck It DVD, nothing weird about this live sound that good because it was chosen from many live "All I Want"s as a good live.

Dexter_italy
08-09-2008, 02:12 AM
It's live, just edited and mixed for the dvd. that's the reason it sounds so clear...:)

Rutegard
08-09-2008, 12:45 PM
I miss the live performances like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIdjfHoJTYw

Seems like all the vids ive seen of their recent performances show them standing around and generally all looking very tired and bored.

I'd sacrifice dexter on guitar for dexter jumping around hyping up the crowd and the rest of the band. or maybe theyre just getting old...

but what do i know? :D

edit: actually, I just watched the secret show vid, and that was pretty good. Still doesnt beat the all i want show in my link

i get your point, and that's exactly the word....they seem bored....it seems they are making this huge sacrifice....it's weird!!....i don't like saying this neither think about this...cause...ya know?....if they are not doing this for fun...then it's over!! and i don't want it to be over!!

but yeah....maybe it's just the lack of energy...yeah...let's think positive here!

B-Rad
08-21-2008, 09:53 PM
i get your point, and that's exactly the word....they seem bored....it seems they are making this huge sacrifice....it's weird!!....i don't like saying this neither think about this...cause...ya know?....if they are not doing this for fun...then it's over!! and i don't want it to be over!!

but yeah....maybe it's just the lack of energy...yeah...let's think positive here!

Yay, somebody actually responded with relevance to the topic.

I feel the same way, it is kinda sad. Maybe the lack of energy comes from the weight gain ;)

I officially declare this another Dexter Is Fat topic. Now argue.

Superdope
08-22-2008, 02:50 AM
I feel the exact opposite. They seem to be enjoying themselves more now than they were during the splinter era.

Besides, Dexter has always been pretty immobile when playing (except for songs where he isn't playing guitar).

Am I the only one, who got the impression that they were having a blast?

Budzy
08-22-2008, 03:49 AM
Its cos Atom is gone.
seriously i miss the guy, no offense Pete, but he had so much energy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfgMzKRIRoQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clg73MLCUqM&feature=related

second one especially. he rly tries to get the crowd goin.

F@ BANKZ
08-22-2008, 05:06 AM
Dexter's talent usually shines through when he sings All I Want. I would like to he him off the guitar slightly more often though.

rlplaymaker
08-23-2008, 06:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Detkq8SVawY

But alas, comrades, there is hope. This vid looks pretty promising.

Stylie
08-23-2008, 06:32 AM
For me it looks like they're having much fun. Especially at their "own" concerts, maybe. As someone said, on festivals they probably try to play as many songs as possible, so they don't joke that much between every song and stuff. But at small gigs and their own concerts, it seems like they're having a really good time! They also said that in interviews - after all these years, it's still as fun as it was for 20 years ago.

The Search Button
08-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Fuck TheOffspring!!!

They should perform in leopard thongs in the next live appearence!

'Cause we want fun!!!

Rutegard
09-03-2008, 05:44 AM
Fuck TheOffspring!!!

They should perform in leopard thongs in the next live appearence!

'Cause we want fun!!!

i can't see your point!!

dexter did that!!

and with zebra clothes too!!

oh, he has the head on the wall in his bar, i guess he used the rest of the skin to make some ugly clothes so he could use at concerts :D yark!

hey, does anyone know the perfect performance of all i want live (except for the rain festival) ?

i could use some help!