PDA

View Full Version : Comedy gold that never gets old

Little_Miss_1565
08-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Comedy Central just re-aired the "Piss On You" episode of Chappelle's Show and I laughed until I almost...well, you know.

It's so old, though! I've seen it so many times. And yet, guffaws.

What never fails to make you laugh no matter how much you've seen/heard it?

adombomb222
08-08-2008, 11:11 PM
The shit episode of south park. Or the curse word episode.

Ryder1234
08-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Comedy Central just re-aired the "Piss On You" episode of Chappelle's Show and I laughed until I almost...well, you know.

The best episode of Chapelle's Show, IMO

Uh, I have nothing right now, for some reason.

KHWHD
08-09-2008, 12:10 AM
American Pie 2 and Road Trip. I could watch those 2 movies a million times and never get sick of them. Always makes me laugh, no matter how many times I watch them. :D

randman21
08-09-2008, 12:31 AM
The movie "Liar Liar" and the Krusty Krab Pizza song from "Spongebob Squarepants".

Jakebert
08-09-2008, 12:39 AM
It's funny you should make a thread like this because I've had various TV quotes in my head all day that I feel that way about.

From the Simpsons:

"If only this sugar were as sweet as you, sir".

"I screwed up at work today, so Lenny sent me home to think about what I did".

NewsRadio:

"Many days no customers come to my hut. But Jimmy has fear? A thousand times no! Jimmy has big fancy suit. And pants to match".

bighead384
08-09-2008, 12:43 AM
I rmemeber this one episode when I was like 11 where Hoemr was like "tommorow at work, I'm gonna punch lenny in the back of the head!". Then it cuts to him punching him right smack in the back of the melon, and that was it. God, it was funny for some reason.

Ryder1234
08-09-2008, 01:17 AM
I rmemeber this one episode when I was like 11 where Hoemr was like "tommorow at work, I'm gonna punch lenny in the back of the head!". Then it cuts to him punching him right smack in the back of the melon, and that was it. God, it was funny for some reason.

That one was on here recently. I agree.

Jakebert
08-09-2008, 01:20 AM
There's a lot of Mitch Hedburg, Steven Wright, and Zach Galifinakis (I cannot spell that dude's last name for the life of me) bits that I put here.

Mitch:

"I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member."

"They say Sprite is lemon and lime, but there's more to it than that."

Wright:

"I got arrested for scalping low numbers at a deli."

"I got pulled over for speeding the other day and the cop said "the speed limit is 55 miles per hour" and I said "yeah, but I wasn't gonna be out that long"

Galifanakis:

"Have you seen the show on Lifetime about that woman?"

"I wanted to do a joke that appeals to the low brow crowd and the art crowd...so I named my balls Belle and Sebastian."

I really like this thread idea.

hshduppsnt
08-09-2008, 01:21 AM
NewsRadio:

"Many days no customers come to my hut. But Jimmy has fear? A thousand times no! Jimmy has big fancy suit. And pants to match".

Oh my god yes, this is one of my favorite episodes of any sitcom Ever! I love the entire book reading portion. Just reading it here made me laugh for a good minute or two just remembering that episode

There are a lot of lines from scrubs and how i met your mother that always make me laugh but...

i'd have to say Faulty Towers (old John Cleese show after monty python) is probably something that makes me laugh the most consistenly.

so its hard to say, as I definitely have a set of things that will make me laugh and now that I've started to think about it that Jimmy James quote is all I can think of... but if you haven't watched the show how I met your mother, do so, and in order... the 5th episode of that show, is probably one of my favorite episodes of a sitcom (that and Seinfeld when crazy joe davola kicks Kramer in the head when he's wearing the helmet)

Little_Miss_1565
08-09-2008, 01:40 AM
I re-watched some NewsRadio recently. I thought JB and Ryan were a little off with the NewsRadio love for so long, as I remembered it being rather not funny when it was originally on. As it turns out, I found out, it's fucking hilarious.

Ahh, Faulty Towers. <3 Cleese reminds me...my experience with all things Python is that it's funny for awhile at first, so much so that you commit it to memory. Then the continued laffs come from the game of communicating with others in the form of traded lines from the Holy Grail, or the dead parrot sketch. But not because it's withstood the test of time. Y'know?

Well, it's withstood the test of time in that it has been and will continue to be handed down from generation to generation. Nudge nudge wink wink knowwhaddimean.

hshduppsnt
08-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Well, it's withstood the test of time in that it has been and will continue to be handed down from generation to generation. Nudge nudge wink wink knowwhaddimean.

ah yes, saynomoresaynomore!

Little_Miss_1565
08-09-2008, 02:59 AM
Thought of another one!

Wet Hot American Summer

Oxygene
08-09-2008, 03:00 AM
If you wanna laugh till you die, but think and be highly entertained, then I would suggest you check out the late great George Carlin. He died a few weeks ago, and he was the best and smartest comedian to ever grace us with his presence.

I'm so glad I got to see his second to last show ever front row.

George will dearly be missed.

Little_Miss_1565
08-09-2008, 03:07 AM
Yes yes. When I had the chance to see him live, it was a few years ago and I think it was an off night for him. No, I know it was. But he was a prince. A prince!

Mota Boy
08-09-2008, 03:23 AM
You know when someone is doing something - anything really - and then something else comes along and hits them in the crotch? Man, that never gets old.

Free?
08-09-2008, 03:37 AM
I'm addicted to Whose Line Is It Anyway for a year. Nothing beats those guys!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YgSihQap4o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X3DRFa11dk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1wsue6eFH0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it6iBT_8Xi4&feature=related

glescapunk
08-09-2008, 04:36 AM
Monty python and The Holy Grail "What? Ridden on a horse?'
'Yes'
'You're using coconuts!'
'What?'
'You've got two empty halves of coconuts and you're banging them together!'
'So?'”
or life of Brian " Who cured you ? (to a leper)“Jesus did, bloody do gooder. I was hopping along, when suddenly he comes and cures me. One minute I'm a leper with a trade, next moment me livelihood's gone. Not so much as a by your leave. Look. I'm not saying that being a leper was a bowl of cherries. But it was a living. I mean, you try waving muscular suntanned limbs in people's faces demanding compassion. It's a bloody disaster."
Or Homer J "Marge! Look at all this great stuff I found at the Marina. It was just sitting in some guy's boat!

Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.
Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy"
ah happy days

WebDudette
08-09-2008, 04:47 AM
I agree with Jakebert on Mitch Hedberg.

'I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl who would get really mad if she heard me say that.'

'Is a hippopotamus really a hip-opotamus or just a really cool opotamus?'

'I bought a seven dollar pen because I always lose pens and I got sick of not caring.'

The way he tell them helps tremendously.

Gustavo
08-09-2008, 05:56 AM
Well, Brazilians are probably going to understand me when they read it, Mexicans too.
But, I can't get enough of "Chaves" or "Chavo del 8" in Spanish.

Oh, and of course, I can't get enough of That '70s Show.
hehe

Sunny
08-09-2008, 06:05 AM
bill hicks on dinosaurs/christianity has me in hysterics every single time.

killer_queen
08-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Blazing Saddles. I've seen it for like, a hundred times but it never gets boring for me.

Andy
08-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Series 2, 3 and 4 of Blackadder will never, ever get old in my eyes.

The "But they have instruments!" line and following scene in Airplane; and ever scene featuring Lloyd Bridges.

The Ripping Yarns episode "Tomkinson's Schooldays".

Arrested Development (the full series) - the attention to detail in the writing, direction and acting is so intricate that I see something new every time I see a repeat episode.

Spaced (the full series) - it's come to a point where I can pretty much follow the script to this show line by line, but I still love watching it.

Black Books (the full series) - brilliant, although I'm trying not to watch it for a while as I always get an overwhelming desire to smoke after watching.

0r4ng3
08-09-2008, 10:34 AM
I third Mitch Hedberg, with obligatory quote.

"I always order the club sandwich, but I'm not even a member of the club. I don't know how I get away with it."

Jakebert
08-09-2008, 10:42 AM
You know when someone is doing something - anything really - and then something else comes along and hits them in the crotch? Man, that never gets old.

"Hans Moleman presents: Man Getting Hit By Football".

hshduppsnt
08-09-2008, 12:06 PM

in that vein of thought....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdasWNxfBDo
this always gives me a good chuckle...

Andy is right - Black books is pretty funny too

and if we're talking stand up routines - Robin Williams Live on Broadway has to get some sort of mention...

Vera
08-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Green Wing (ballistic British comedy series set in a hospital).

Andaz Apna Apna (Hindi comedy film).

Hot Fuzz (British comedy film by makes of Shaun of the Dead - also v.v.v. funny).

Snatch (awesome British heist comedy).

Endymion
08-10-2008, 01:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMZtdLra24E

hshduppsnt
08-10-2008, 01:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMZtdLra24E

HAHAHAHA man i love that scene... I need to go check out my newsradio dvds again... this was a great show...

"yeah, one more question. What did you mean when you said 'feel my skills, donkey donkey Donkey, donkey donkey'?"

*sigh*

m.offspring.r
08-10-2008, 02:44 AM
TV Series like Mr Bean, South Park, Chuck And Monty Python, are the best :D