PDA

View Full Version : Worst Set List Ever

bighead384
08-09-2008, 09:50 AM
List what you think would be the worst set list ever (at least 12-13 songs) for an Offspring concert.
Would you still want to go if they were going to play your list?

1- Vultures (Lol, who opens with Vultures?)
2- Don't Pick It Up
3- All Along
4- Race Against Myself
5- Why Don't You Get A Job
6- Hit That
7- Not The One
8- Kristy Are You Doing Okay?
9- It'll Be A Long Time
10- No Brakes
11- Gone Away (Good song, but it doesn't excite me to hear it live)
12- She's Got Issues
13- Neocon (Lol they end with an intro)

I might go for this set list, but I'd be pissed because I'd still feel like I haven't really seen a true live performance by them yet.

mrs_hollandova
08-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Ooooo, stop with all the lists!!! Nobody will be 100% happy and no set list can be "worse ever" if itīs Offspring. If you like them how can you make thread like this?

KHWHD
08-09-2008, 10:04 AM
List what you think would be the worst set list ever (at least 12-13 songs) for an Offspring concert.
Would you still want to go if they were going to play your list?

1- Vultures (Lol, who open with Vultures?)
2- Don't Pick It Up
3- All Along
4- Race Against Myself
5- Why Don't You Get A Job
6- Hit That
7- Not The One
8- Kristy Are You Doing Okay?
9- It'll Be A Long Time
10- No Brakes
11- Gone Away (Good song, but it doesn't excite me to hear it live)
12- She's Got Issues
13- Neocon (Lol they end with an intro)

I might go for this set list, but I'd be pissed because I'd still feel like I haven't really seen a true live performance by them yet.

First of all, I couldn't name 12-13 songs I wouldn't want played (worst set list) because there isn't 12-13 I don't like. Possibly 2, but not nearly that many. Second of all, I'd go to the concert to see them play no matter what songs they sang. Be it gospel music, or country music. The Offspring are The Offspring. They'd be great no matter what they sang.

F@ BANKZ
08-09-2008, 10:06 AM
I think Hit That followed by Not The One would be amazing. Vultures made me laugh, though.

Jaded skies
08-09-2008, 10:09 AM
i actually thought that wasnt too bad of a set list....:confused:

Jojan
08-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Basiclly if they only play slow songs.

F@ BANKZ
08-09-2008, 10:12 AM
1: Intermission
2: Welcome
3: Cocktail
4: Intermission
5: Intermission
6: Intro

Encore
7: When You're In Prison
8: Intermission

ThunderPX
08-09-2008, 10:16 AM

Encore

Damn, I was going to do that. XD

Rooster
08-09-2008, 10:27 AM

Encore

How dare you?!?!? That's an amazing set list *ZOMFG ROTFLOL BAGGY PANTS FTW*!!!!111

Now seriously, i don't caer about set lists so much, i don't think that The Offspring could do a shitty set list on a concert. I have yet to see them live, i'd be happy no matter of the set list. However it wouldn't be that good if they played ONLY slow songs (but that's highly unlikely), even though they are really good. They should do what they always do - a set list with mixture of the best songs from their albums.

Stylie
08-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Race Against Myself? I would go insane (positive) if they played that! :D:D

jacknife737
08-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't dislike enough Offspring songs for a concert to be ruined via a poor setlist. Sure there are songs that i'd rather hear live, but the only 3 Offspring songs that I actively dislike are Worst Hangover Ever, Original Prankster, and Race Against Myself. So even if they played all three of those, there still would be around 18 or so other songs left on the setlist.

P.S. I like vast majority of the songs that Bighead list, so even at that concert I'd still have a good time. In fact, it would be kind of neat, since they don't really play a lot of those songs live.

bighead384
08-09-2008, 12:54 PM
You guys...

I didn't say that you had to actually dislike or hate the song to put it on your list. I just said make a set list of songs you would least like to hear.

Rutegard
08-09-2008, 12:56 PM
pretty fly

WDYGJ

original prankster

lot like me

Capricorn4
08-09-2008, 12:57 PM
pretty fly

WDYGJ

original prankster

lot like me

Damn you were faster than me...anyway I would get rid of pretty fly,and I don't think they play original prankster anymore.

Free?
08-09-2008, 01:22 PM
What about putting When You're In Prison on the background repeating 12 times and constantly watering the crowd with a water hose? :D

Capricorn4
08-09-2008, 01:36 PM
What about putting When You're In Prison on the background repeating 12 times and constantly watering the crowd with a water hose? :D

It would be my dream show definitely:eek:....

Rutegard
08-09-2008, 01:40 PM

as long it would be dexter, noodles and greg doing that i guess i woudn't mind, i could even pay for that to happen!

eheheh

holland25
08-09-2008, 03:23 PM
I got it! I made it! I found enough bad songs to make the worst set-list (number five doesn't suck that much, but I had to fill it). Here we go:

1. American Idiot
2. Basket Case
3. Hitchin' a Ride
4. 2000 Light Years Away
5. Wake Me Up When September Ends
6. Self Esteem (The Offspring Cover)
7. Minority
8. Jaded
9. Whatsername
10. Misery
11. Walking Contradiction
12. Time of Your Life
13. Jesus of Suburbia

Ooops, wrong forum :D

Ryder1234
08-09-2008, 04:00 PM
lot like me

But that's like, one of the top 3 on RAFRAG! :eek:

SK8rocka
08-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Omg stop worring
Look i wouldn't care if they played humpty dumpty or bloody bingo or someshit i'd just be honoured to be in the same area of the offspring.
yo yo

IamSam
08-09-2008, 06:39 PM
1. Welcome
2. Intermission
3. When You're In Prison
4. Race Against Myself
5. Worst Hangover Ever

SaiKYoU
08-10-2008, 12:21 PM
omg, people shoul stop and think before clicking the new thread button...

Jaded skies
08-10-2008, 01:29 PM
i dont get what people have against race against myself. I think thats one of their top 10 songs ever. I love that song.

Stylie
08-10-2008, 01:58 PM
i dont get what people have against race against myself. I think thats one of their top 10 songs ever. I love that song.

Me too! I LOVE it. It's a pretty good song. Maybe top 5 on my "list".
But I think it's just the sound, metal (or is it another genre?), you know what I mean?

Blastero
08-10-2008, 03:25 PM
1. Half-Truism
2. Trust in You
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
4. Hammerhead
5. A Lot Like Me
6. Takes Me Nowhere
7. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
8. Nothingtown
9 Stuff Is Messed Up
10. Fix You
11. Let's Hear It for Rock Bottom
12. Rise and Fall

jacknife737
08-10-2008, 03:43 PM

I personally dislike it because it sounds like something some shitty numetal band, (ie Staind) would write.

Jaded skies
08-10-2008, 04:05 PM
I personally dislike it because it sounds like something some shitty numetal band, (ie Staind) would write.

who cares? Man people on here hate songs just because it doesnt sound like them. Just take their music for what it is. Listen to it, if you like it, you like it. if you hate it, you hate it. Thats it. No other factor should be in there.

I don't really like rap. But there are a few good songs out there, should i hate them just because they're rap? fuck no.

jacknife737
08-10-2008, 04:35 PM
who cares? Man people on here hate songs just because it doesnt sound like them. Just take their music for what it is. Listen to it, if you like it, you like it. if you hate it, you hate it. Thats it. No other factor should be in there.

I think the band is fully capable of writing a "harder" sounding song, take Defy You for example. I just think that Race Against Myself is a horrible song, regardless of what genre one classifies it as. It's great that you enjoy it, but for me, i'll keep hitting the "skip" button.

IamSam
08-10-2008, 05:04 PM

I don't really like rap. But there are a few good songs out there, should i hate them just because they're rap? fuck no.

I hate it because it's boring beyond belief and the vocals/lyrics aren't anything to write home about. It also doesn't have that spark to it. Nothingtown doesn't sound exactly like The Offspring, but it has great vocals and that spark.

F@ BANKZ
08-10-2008, 05:08 PM
I have spent hours drafting this out. It guarantees me first place in this contest.

1: Intro.
2: The Blurb

Rooster
08-10-2008, 05:33 PM
1. Half-Truism
2. Trust in You
3. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
4. Hammerhead
5. A Lot Like Me
6. Takes Me Nowhere
7. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
8. Nothingtown
9 Stuff Is Messed Up
10. Fix You
11. Let's Hear It for Rock Bottom
12. Rise and Fall

Okay, this set list doesn't seem possible to me, but i would not consider it bad, since we would hear all the new songs live.

Camilamazed
08-10-2008, 06:05 PM
I would go to an Offspring concert even if they played the Itsy Bitsy Spider. Come on.. It's almost impossible to have a very bad set list. What we can have is just an unsatisfying one.

Stylie
08-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Okay, this set list doesn't seem possible to me, but i would not consider it bad, since we would hear all the new songs live.

I hope so, but it's not 100% that we're gonna hear them ALL. :/

bighead384
08-10-2008, 07:14 PM
I have spent hours drafting this out. It guarantees me first place in this contest.

Hahaha. "When we're ready to sing, we step up to the microphones, and it comes out something like this"...followed immediately by The Blurb, and then they just walk off. Awesome.

renato piquette
11-03-2008, 06:09 PM
I hate it because it's boring beyond belief and the vocals/lyrics aren't anything to write home about. It also doesn't have that spark to it. Nothingtown doesn't sound exactly like The Offspring, but it has great vocals and that spark.

nothingtown is worse than r.a.m.
funny Dwight qute b.t.w.,The Office rules!oh yeah,The Offspring too

SK8rocka
11-03-2008, 11:28 PM

I would shit my pants, bend over naked and let everybody in the crowd fuck me in the ass if they played the blurb nowadayz.