PDA

View Full Version : OhEmJeezles, OLYMPICS??

Razom
08-09-2008, 02:29 PM
So my little sister just came up to my room to tell me that she was watching the Olympics and they played Hammerhead!! >w<

Is this true, or was she lying to me? =P

F@ BANKZ
08-09-2008, 02:41 PM
If so, wowz!

Razom
08-09-2008, 02:42 PM
I know!!

Actually, she said they only played the beginning, then cut to Walking on Sunshine...

Stylie
08-09-2008, 03:31 PM
If so, wowz!

Yeah, a pretty big WOW! =o

drex878
08-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah it was, well thats what my friend said. It was playing during a Michael Phelps montage thing.

Rooster
08-09-2008, 03:48 PM
DAMN, can't believe i missed this!

Pepparoo
08-09-2008, 04:03 PM
I tell you what I did hear during (I think) during mens gymnastics... I heard 'Rise of the fighting spirit' from the Naruto anime.

Jojan
08-09-2008, 08:03 PM
China suck.

IamSam
08-09-2008, 08:05 PM
China suck.

You're an idiot.

KHWHD
08-09-2008, 08:08 PM
You're an idiot.

QFT. Didn't his Mom teach him that if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all? :rolleyes:

Ryder1234
08-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Jojan never writes suck with a "s" on the end, I've noticed :confused:

PunksKillEmos
08-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Just heard pretty fly intro on mens volley ball

FunkRussia
08-10-2008, 09:07 AM
FFFUUUCCCKKK! :mad:

Stylie
08-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah, and I heard the intro to Hit That under womens beach volleyball (USA - Japan). :)
Watched a little television on my bed before I went zzzznorking, and then I thought I heard the intro to Hit That. After some seconds I realised it was that.

Jojan
08-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Jojan never writes suck with a "s" on the end, I've noticed :confused:

Because it's China as "They suck" and not "It sucks".

rise_and_fall
08-10-2008, 11:53 PM
The olympics are a farce they should rename it the steroid games. My cousin is competing there for Australia in the men's 1500 m freestyle. GO Craig Stevens! They have chosen some Offspring songs during the swimming

IamSam
08-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Nice to see that my perfectly fine comment about how it should be 'sucks' and not 'suck' got erased but my comment calling Jojan an idiot didn't. Doesn't make sense to me, but ok.

I heard Hammerhead on a Madden commercial today. I was kinda stoked. But I have to say Phelps deserves to have such an awesome song playing in a montage of him.

rise_and_fall
08-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Phelps is an arrogant motherfucker and doesn't deserve such an awesome song. Maybe Pretty Fly but not Hammerhead

IamSam
08-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Phelps is an arrogant motherfucker and doesn't deserve such an awesome song. Maybe Pretty Fly but not Hammerhead

Phelps arrogant? Apparently you paid no attention to the French today.

Little_Miss_1565
08-11-2008, 12:53 AM
I deleted a long derailment parsing out whether or not "suck" or "sucks" in relation to China was grammatically correct. Several users' comments were deleted. Shouldn't be too hard to imagine why.

Besides, on a forum with so many international English as a second or even third or fourth language members, using someone's command or lack thereof of English to rip on them is kind of uncool.

IamSam
08-11-2008, 09:41 AM
I deleted a long derailment parsing out whether or not "suck" or "sucks" in relation to China was grammatically correct. Several users' comments were deleted. Shouldn't be too hard to imagine why.

Besides, on a forum with so many international English as a second or even third or fourth language members, using someone's command or lack thereof of English to rip on them is kind of uncool.

I can understand why it was done. I thought my post was explaining it alright without ripping people's English. But fair enough.

Related/unrelated...I was half watching Varsity Blues and I heard The Offspring from the other room so I rushed out and by the time I got there is was done. I tried looking it up, but I can't seem to find out which song it was. Does anyone know?

brothadave79
08-11-2008, 09:48 AM

Naw, I only responded to the English guy (sorry I don't remember who it was) who was wrong about it. But it's all good.

I think it's funny, in a disappointing way, that Hammerhead's commercial success, even features in Rock Band and tomorrow's US release of Madden '09 has not cascaded into more success for RAFRAG. I mean, it's clear the band is doing what it can to promote the album using what (I'm pretty sure) is their all-time-best-charting single ever. I still can't understand why they're not getting shown more love.

IamSam
08-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Naw, I only responded to the English guy (sorry I don't remember who it was) who was wrong about it. But it's all good.

I think it's funny, in a disappointing way, that Hammerhead's commercial success, even features in Rock Band and tomorrow's US release of Madden '09 has not cascaded into more success for RAFRAG. I mean, it's clear the band is doing what it can to promote the album using what (I'm pretty sure) is their all-time-best-charting single ever. I still can't understand why they're not getting shown more love.

It's like they abandoned it. Why hasn't a second single been announced? If Columbia was really pushing this record then it's pretty sad that this is the best they can do.

Little_Miss_1565
08-11-2008, 10:00 AM
It's like they abandoned it. Why hasn't a second single been announced? If Columbia was really pushing this record then it's pretty sad that this is the best they can do.

Having worked at a label, I think they're waiting for domestic tour dates. With rock bands, it's so so so necessary to have lots of national tour dates to mke it work.

IamSam
08-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Having worked at a label, I think they're waiting for domestic tour dates. With rock bands, it's so so so necessary to have lots of national tour dates to mke it work.

So we won't here anything major until January? Or do you think that they will announce something with the starting of the tour in Japan?

brothadave79
08-11-2008, 10:03 AM

That's true. So why do you think they decided to launch the album with a tour that was predominately overseas?

Little_Miss_1565
08-11-2008, 10:17 AM
I can't say. There have been a few dates, but with the kids and their downloading they'd have to release at roughly the same time worldwide or it'd be bad news for sales. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

jacknife737
08-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Related/unrelated...I was half watching Varsity Blues and I heard The Offspring from the other room so I rushed out and by the time I got there is was done. I tried looking it up, but I can't seem to find out which song it was. Does anyone know?

I have a feeling it was the Kids Arenít Alright.

Budzy
08-12-2008, 05:11 AM
The olympics are a farce they should rename it the steroid games. My cousin is competing there for Australia in the men's 1500 m freestyle. GO Craig Stevens! They have chosen some Offspring songs during the swimming

HOLY SHIT craig stevens?
isnt he the fella who decided to sit out for Thorpey when thorpe got disqualified?

Stylie
08-13-2008, 07:08 AM
I watch a little TV again on my bed before I went to sleep, and under the beach volleyball match men, USA - Argentina, I heard the Self Esteem intro (lalal, plus a bit of the guitar part). :)

Camilamazed
08-13-2008, 11:09 AM
I heard Self esteem on the Beach Volleyball match USA x Argentina.

Jesus
08-13-2008, 11:20 AM
They played Hit That (keyboard part) during the Swiss-Belgian women beachvolleyball game

Tijs
08-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Now that's a game I wanted to see. Was it sexy?

Stylie
08-13-2008, 11:58 AM
I heard Self esteem on the Beach Volleyball match USA x Argentina.

Ditto (see the previous page).
___

Hahah, Tijs. :)

Little_Miss_1565
08-13-2008, 12:01 PM
They played Hit That (keyboard part) during the Swiss-Belgian women beachvolleyball game

Wow. Now that's a musical pairing.

The Search Button
08-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Apparently a friend of Michael Phelps have send him the following text message and I quote:

"Dude, i'm sick of seeing your ugly face on tv all day".

It sums up my mind completely, too.

As for the topic I've heard the self-esteem bit too.