PDA

View Full Version : Favorite season?

Jakebert
08-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Today while mowing the lawn, I noticed that it's starting to feel a lot like early fall. And this makes me happy, as fall, especially early fall, is probably my favorite season. I like the cooler weather, plus the excitement of school starting up, football, soccer, as well as Halloween, my favorite holiday. Except, once November comes around, I start to dislike it, as November and February are the most depressing months of the year.

My second favorite is spring. Loves me the freshness of spring.

What's your favorite season?

KHWHD
08-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Summer
Fall
Spring
Winter

I live in Ontario, and we get some pretty harsh winters here. I wouldn't mind if we had say a month of snow, and 9 months of summer, 1 month of fall and 1 month of spring. :D

I LOVE summer, and hate to be cold. It's cold for way too fucking long here. Probably close to half of the year. :(

Duskygrin
08-09-2008, 04:25 PM
I used to be a fan of autumn but summer is so great when you want to sport new dresses and shades. Plus it's a relatively cool summer in Paris, not scorching like in the south of France, or sizzling like in Greece...

Well we ARE in summer right now, and it feels more like bleak March or April. It's not too ugly weather, just so variable, changeable, fickle.

To my mind, every season has its charms. Winter, with the melancholy feeling that swells your breast on seeing the earth bare. Spring, for the spring in your step as you feel nature is rejuvenating. Summer, for the glory. Autumn, for the faded leaves...

Ryder1234
08-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I like summer, specifically this time of summer. Like, when it's really sunny out and you're at the lake. Good times. Except when you're doing something physical, and you get too hot. I don't really like that.

My second favorite would be winter, but only when it snows. I like to snowboard, so me and my friends usually go up to the mountains. I hate winter when it just rains, though. Which is happening too often now.

On a random note, it's raining here now. It's depressing. :(

Tired_Of_You
08-09-2008, 04:56 PM
In order : summer, fall, spring, winter.

I've always felt that the seasons should be something like that here:
- Winter : From mid-November to the beginning of April
- Spring : From Mid-April to mid-May
- Summer : From mid-May to the beginning of September
- Autumn : From the beginning of September until mid-November

Considering this, winter is way too long and we get a lot of snow, which means shovelling, the driving that can become difficult, impossible parking in Montreal, cold, etc...
Summer can sometimes be too humid and hot, but it's the time when you can eat outside (terraces! (?)), do not need to wear 34634 clothes because it's too cold, etc.
I can't find anything to say about Fall and Spring. They are equally unworthy. They are just transitions between the long and harsh winter and the summer.

Betty
08-10-2008, 12:33 AM
It's a toss up between spring and summer.

I am passionately in love with summer. But spring means summer is coming and so all of the oh-my-god-summer-is-coming excitement happens in spring.

Where you live makes a huge difference though. Here, the summer isn't particularly hot (which has it's benefits: it's always pretty comfortable, but rarely amazing beach weather), but it's very consistently sunny. You can pretty much count on it being sunny 95% of the time for a few months. There isn't much of a spring though. It kinda just gradually goes from rainy and dismal and chilly to less rainy and less dismal and less chilly. But back in Ontario spring was fantastic cause the snow would start to melt, and the tulips and crocus would start to bloom, and you'd go rake the yard, and the street cleaners would come to clear the sand, and all of a sudden you could go from wearing a winter jacket to wearing a t-shirt outside. And all the kids would get out their bikes and skipping ropes. It was a very abrupt and obvious transition, and it always made me REALLY happy.

Endymion
08-10-2008, 12:53 AM
season three. it's got that episode (http://www.hulu.com/watch/6875/newsradio-rose-bowl) where jimmy james takes a kid to court over fake movie memorabilia.

Jakebert
08-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Hahaha. Rosebowl.

WebDudette
08-10-2008, 02:28 AM
Phoenix has two seasons...

Seriously, fall and spring last like a week each.

I guess I'll go with fall or winter, but that could just be because I'm tired of the 120 degree weather. I might change my mind to spring or summer once winter hits.

wheelchairman
08-10-2008, 06:34 AM
Lol Denmark really has two seasons, winter and July. (you suck Pilz-E). Not really though.

Winter and Summer here are two distinct seasons that I love. Winter because Denmark does the buildup to Christmas in an awesome manner. And summer because summer is just super awesome here. When it's good at least.

Pepparoo
08-10-2008, 07:15 AM
I like Winter because the darkness suits my moods and isolation (plus I don't have to do the hedge/tree trimming which is a bonus).

Rag Doll
08-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Fall. I love seeing the leaves change colors. I love going apple picking and having apple cider and sitting by the lake with everything so brilliantly colored. And I like decorating for Halloween and doing Halloween things. I love wearing a sweater and jeans without being too hot or too cold. I like the cooler nights where I get to snuggle to keep warm when I'm walking somewhere with my mens.

Thomas
08-10-2008, 10:55 AM
I love fall. The weather in Tucson in fall is in that nice area between boiling lava hot and freezing cold (MY definition of "freezing cold", at least). Also, it's football season, and for me, marching band season. Just good times all around.

I also love summer quite a bit, mostly because there's no school and I kinda like the heat from time to time.

Capricorn4
08-10-2008, 10:56 AM
My favourite season is winter.I don't like summer because I hardly can bear the warm(and nowadays hot) weather and in addition I easily can get sunburnt so that's my other reason.
I also like fall and spring because it's perfect for hiking and other outdoor activities.

jacknife737
08-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Fall by far. I love everything about this month, the changing colour of the leaves, the cool crisp air… I don’t really like summer much due to the heat/humidity, so after sweating it out for three months or so, the cool air in late September/ October is a welcome change. And since I started attending University, I really enjoy school, so this month just reminds me of essays/lectures.

I love putting on a sweatshirt (during the period when it's not too cold), and grabbing my mp3 player and going for long walks.

Sunny
08-10-2008, 01:17 PM
i love winter. i get to snowboard, celebrate christmas, drink hot chocolate (or mulled wine, or bombardino!), and make snow angels. i am already looking forward to the ski resorts opening... and it's only august.

summer is awesome too. SWIMMING. and sunshine. eeee.

spring and fall are nice but benign. i do love halloween, pumpkins, apple cider, and thanksgiving foods, though.

Andy
08-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Autumn, or early winter. I'm a big fan of those crisp mornings where there isn't a cloud in the sky and it's chilly, but not too cold. Oh man, I love those days.

Especially the first week of November, as the evenings are long and I love to walk home from work and it's nice and dark with crisp, cold air tainted by the smell of the bonfires and fireworks that are happening around Bonfire Night. I love it. Heart.

nieh
08-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Wabbit season.

Actually, I'm like Jakebert and prefer early fall, just when it starts to get chilly but before it gets really cold. It's awesome.

drex878
08-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Fall. Seeing the leaves turn is a sign of Summer ending which is kind of depressing, but I love the feeling Autumn brings. Very scenic and peaceful, which I like. Summer and Winter I like equally. I love traveling in the Summer and Snowboarding in the Winter. As for Spring, the rain makes its my least favorite.

thecraziness
08-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Winter for me. I just love snow.

randman21
08-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Autumn
Winter
Summer
Spring

I love Fall because it gets darker and the leaves change. It also brings back a feeling of nostalgia (one I can't exactly place) that no other season does. It gets cool, but not too cold.

That being said, I love cold, but that shit can get old fast. It hardly ever snows here during the winter, but that's besides the point. I like Winter because I'd rather put on lots of clothes to get warm than wear next to nothing and still be scorched.

Summer would be last because I hate heat, but at least it's when we'd get out of school, so I still have good feelings about that.

Spring. Everything about it sucks except the flowers. Despite my avatar, I'm terrified of bees and, honestly, that's my main reason for ranking it last (yay cell phones!).

killer_queen
08-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Winter, definitely. I love cold weather. Cold makes me more alive, I feel more energetic when it's cold. I also love snow and rain but they're not the most important things about it, just the freezing weather is also fine by me. Besides, boots, scarves and coats are the best pieces of my wardrobe. I love them!

Autumn is also fine 'cause it's cold and spring has something charming that makes you feel like nature is re-borning but I hate, hatehatehate summer. I have to use spf50+ sunscreen for my supersensitive skin everytime I go out, sunlight gives me terrible headaches that you can't even imagine and you have to take showers 3 times a day and you can't eat anything spicy and..it's just really fucked up. I really want to move to Siberia.

Desperado
08-10-2008, 08:33 PM
My favorite season depends on what time of the year it is. Right now, for example, I would love to have the crisp, cool air slap me across the face as the beautiful autumn trees faintly show in the dim morning light. I always get this strange, wonderful feeling inside of me when school begins, for some reason...I guess I really like school. I like talking to people and I just love Halloween and the lights and everything...Truly remarkable.

Winter is also one I am itching for, but when it comes I usually dislike it. Snow is nice when it is snowing, but it never looks as beautiful as it should and it generally just looks grimy and gross. I love it when it snows though, really pretty and the trees look great, too. But it always fails to meet my expectations which leads to me being disappointed. Christmas lights look good, I guess but I don't live near any place that puts them up in great numbers so it's not a big deal for me, and my street is primarily made up of people who don't celebrate Christmas for some reason.

Of course, this leads to me liking Spring even more, my very favorite season. It just makes me feel much more alive. People seem to be happier around that time and everything just looks more positive. Of course school is starting to end which makes me both happy and sad at the same time.

Which leads to my least favorite season, Summer. No particular weather effects, just blazing heat. I love rain, though. But it's a pretty boring season with many moments where I'd rather be chilly. I like the time off of school to meet with my friends and stuff but it's just a boring season for me.

So, basically it would have to be Spring, then Fall.

Nina
08-11-2008, 04:27 PM
It used to be fall, but I've had a couple kick ass summers so I think I prefer that now. However I am not too keen on too hot weather. Too hot means 30C to me. ew.

JohnnyNemesis
08-11-2008, 05:35 PM
1996 MLB season by far. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_World_Series)

bighead384
08-11-2008, 05:43 PM
November and February are the most depressing months of the year.

This is true. November sucks because it's just starting to get cold. February sucks because you've already been through few months of cold and you still have at least one more month to go.

August is the Sunday of months in my opinion. But I think the weather in August is perfect because it's usually a little cooler then the rest of summer.

Camilamazed
08-11-2008, 06:25 PM
I like Spring a lot. But Fall got to me the same way it gets to Sam. Seeing the leaves changing color here was something extraordinary.

come out swinging
08-12-2008, 01:52 PM
my favorite seasons are

fall
summer
spring
winter

seasons very in different location. for example in CT December is snow season but in FL its nice and comfortable, no snow and stuff. For the past 2 weeks it feels like fall weather in CT because of the temperature drop but also it feels like spring because we have been having a lot of thunder showers each day.

The_Noose
08-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Fall
Summer
Winter
Spring..

0r4ng3
08-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Aren't you clever.

My favorite is Autumn. I don't like Summer or Winter because both are extremes on both sides of the temperature scale. Spring's okay too, but I don't like dealing with allergies or excessive rain. Autumn is the perfect temperature for me, in the middle leaning towards cold.

OffspringFreakess
08-12-2008, 04:35 PM
i LOVE fall, a.k.a "hoodie season". :D

love love love the fall!

my birthday's in the fall, my boyfriend's bday is in the fall, halloween, pretty pretty red and orange and yellow leaves, cool air but warm when the sun hits you, wearing long sleeves, hoodies, and jeans. i'm a hoodie girl, so i get to rock the bajillion hoodies i have. and after fall, christmas is right around the corner :D i love winter only when it snows. if it's freezing as fuck outside and there's no snow, it's not worth it. i'd rather be cold and in the snow then to be cold and no snow. summer is awesome the first few weeks and then your pretty much laying in a puddle of sweat when you wake up in the morning. spring is okay, doesn't last long enough here to enjoy it. it's usually cold here during spring anyways.

so, yeah. fall's definatly my favorite season. :D