PDA

View Full Version : Favourite city...?

shanna_guarana
08-09-2008, 06:09 PM
what's your favourite city in the world? why?

Duskygrin
08-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Paris! The Eiffel Tower!

No, really: London. Boyfriend.

Izie
08-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I think for now, Montreal wins absolutely everything. The look, the atmosphere, the people, the fact that it's big and still feels homey, the fact that it does feel like my actual home, the fact that I miss it like crazy when I'm gone... Yeah, enough reasons there.

Belgrade can get an honorable mention since I did live there for 19 years and there's a whole bunch of stuff I love about it. There's also a whole bunch of stuff I hate about it, so it's one of those love-hate things. I don't want to go back and live there, that's certain.

But thing is, when I lived in other cities I loved those too, so I may find a city I like more in the future. Unlikely, but possible.

Mota Boy
08-09-2008, 06:31 PM
My top three are New Orleans, Washington D.C. and Buenos Aires. Each has a unique feel, a flavor, a lot of history and a lot of fun.

Honorable mentions: Montreal, St. Kilda [Melbourne].

nightvision
08-09-2008, 06:35 PM
I don't know. I do like the city I live in but I'm convinced that I'll love Karlskrona, where I'll live from the next month or so. My grammar might suck right now but that's all because of the alcohol. I'm getting hungry. Lisa Marie is really really hot you know. So, what's my point? I've got no point. I'll have toast now. Toast and seinfeld = Goodie.

IamSam
08-09-2008, 06:38 PM
I've been to NYC once and really want to go back.

Sunny
08-09-2008, 06:44 PM
oh dear. i was just talking to my mens about this today and we decided we absolutely cannot pick our "favorite" city. my top 4, in no order whatsoever, would be krakow, new york, dublin, and austin, tx. i could give you a million reasons why. they're all awesome ;]

Andy
08-09-2008, 08:03 PM
I must say that my favourite city is Birmingham. It's England's second city, the city of my birth, and currently undergoing a huge facelift.

Ryder1234
08-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Tofino, BC. I haven't been very many places, but I have a feeling that this city would still be up there once I get to go more places. Not so much the city itself, but the surrounding forests/beaches.

adombomb222
08-10-2008, 01:11 AM
My top:

Ballyheigh, Ireland. Its where my grandfather grew up.
San Diego, California. It's where i wanna go to college, where I want to live, where I want to set up shop, legoland, ocean.
DC. Amazing stuff to see.
Golden, Colorado. Table Top Mountian, Coors, hiking, mountian biking.
Colorado Springs, Colorado. Pikes peak, rafting, music.
Denver, Colorado. Music, 16th street, skate park.

GreenTerror
08-10-2008, 02:02 AM
Sedona, Arizona (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedona)
It is just absolutely beautiful there. All the red mountains, the weather, the general relaxing atmosphere of the whole place is just fantastic.

Flagstaff, Arizona (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagstaff%2C_Arizona)
I want to live there. The weather there is just so perfect through the whole year, there's so many trees and it's just so full of life. It snows there, too! I've never been there while there was snow, though. I've never even been in snow :(

m.offspring.r
08-10-2008, 02:40 AM
Lisbon, Portugal.

Nice Town, near the Ocean.

WebDudette
08-10-2008, 02:47 AM
I haven't been to many significant cities and the ones I have been in aren't particularly impressive. I don't think I can really pick any place at this time.

Marco
08-10-2008, 03:34 AM
Trieste (buildings, panorama, sea, etc)
New York (no need for explanation)

Oxygene
08-10-2008, 03:46 AM
New York doesn't count.. it isn't even a real city. It's like its on another planet.. New York is an entity unto itself.

I can't really pick a favorite tho. Sunny is right there is no such thing I guess.
I've only really lived in 2 cities, Budapest and Washington DC.

Plus there is other shit to factor in.. Living in Budapest sucks, visiting Budapest is like an orgasm tho. Living in DC is great.. just visiting for a week. Not that exciting.

So I dunno. Las Vegas also comes to mind

Oxygene
08-10-2008, 03:47 AM
San Diego, California. It's where i wanna go to college, where I want to live,

Right on, I could see myself living in a Mexican city in the US :)

Really if I moved to the US even tho I haven't been to San Diego yet, I would probably wanna live there. I have a very good friend who lives there, studies like molecular biology or something about cell death :)

ad8
08-10-2008, 05:52 AM
London, UK

Splinter[PI]
08-10-2008, 06:15 AM
I really love Lucerne, altough it can't be really considered as a city...it's more a small town.

Venice is awesome, too. And so is Benidorm.

Mota Boy
08-10-2008, 11:24 AM
New York, in my mind, is the Platonic City. It doesn't count because it's New York.

Sunny
08-10-2008, 11:45 AM
i think there are two different New Yorks - the New York you visit and the New York you actually live in. and the difference is HUGE.

jacknife737
08-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Kingston (ON)
-I’ve only lived here a little over two years, but it already feels like I’ve been here all my life. A great place to live.

London (UK)
-always something to do here.

Edinburgh (Scot)
-I could seriously see myself living here in a few years.

Toronto
-I used to have a sort of ambiguous relationship with this city, Now I love spending time there (well, at least the central part).

Stylie
08-10-2008, 02:06 PM
It is just absolutely beautiful there. All the red mountains, the weather, the general relaxing atmosphere of the whole place is just fantastic.

Wow, that's beautiful!
Well, I haven't been in too many cities. But I imagine that Scotland and Ireland is pretty cool countries. Australia is also a country that I think is very cool.

Nina
08-11-2008, 04:14 PM
not in order:
Lisbon
Tokyo
Vancouver
Edinburgh
and Mainz (in Germany)

Jules69
08-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Sanfrancisco!!! The most beautiful place on earth to me for too many reasons to even list here right now!!:cool:

Ryder1234
08-11-2008, 06:10 PM

OMG, a turquoise Mcdonalds!?

Camilamazed
08-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Washington DC - For all the monuments, specially Thomas Jefferson.
Charlottesville VA - Monticello is extremely breathtaking and Downtown is very cozy.
São Paulo - For the neverending fun.

lost_nvrfound
08-11-2008, 08:52 PM
LA most definately. I plan on grad school there in 4 years.

0r4ng3
08-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Lavender Town. That part with the cemetery tower and the ghosts was crazy!

GreenTerror
08-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Wow, that's beautiful!

It really is. They have so many neat little shops in the area I was in when I visited there with my family years ago.

Sanfrancisco!!! The most beautiful place on earth to me for too many reasons to even list here right now!!:cool:

The only time I went there I didn't get to do much of anything, but it seems like a nice place to hang out. I was gonna try to go there and actually do something when I went to visit my dad last month, but it didn't happen :( It's gonna next time, though dammit.
Also, Stockton is really really close to where my dad lives. We hung out around the downtown areas before I came back home. I thought it was nice, for the most part, aside from the ghetto looking areas. We stayed away from there.

OMG, a turquoise Mcdonalds!?

srsly, I don't like McDonald's, but I wish I had gone to that one.

Ryder1234
08-11-2008, 10:14 PM
srsly, I don't like McDonald's, but I wish I had gone to that one.

Me neither, but that caught my eye. If I ever take a trip to Arizona, I'm gonna go to Sedona, mostly for the scenery, but a small part for the McDonalds :rolleyes:

That_Guy91
08-11-2008, 10:36 PM
i think there are two different New Yorks - the New York you visit and the New York you actually live in. and the difference is HUGE.

Especially if you live on Staten Island. I'm not even sure if we actually exist.

Oxygene
08-12-2008, 01:23 AM
I saw green mcdonalds in down town new york

bighead384
08-12-2008, 01:28 AM
How about Philadelphia?

Psh, Philly isn't really that fun unless you really know where to go, but it's very historic at least.

It's also probably THE most racially segregated city in America.

Stylie
08-12-2008, 04:56 AM
It really is. They have so many neat little shops in the area I was in when I visited there with my family years ago.

Heheh, cool! :)

Yeah, it seemes really, really nice. And I come from a very little place here in Norway, so I'm not used to those BIG citys, you know. Though, I absolutley can handle it. But, a big city like New York....ehm....nah, I would absolutley more stayed at this "Sedona"-place. A little place with beautifull landscape, and not a big city. ^^

MAXTER
08-12-2008, 06:23 AM
oh dear. i was just talking to my mens about this today and we decided we absolutely cannot pick our "favorite" city. my top 4, in no order whatsoever, would be krakow, new york, dublin, and austin, tx. i could give you a million reasons why. they're all awesome ;]

Yeahhhh!!! Krakow Maybe Best City Of The World, For All, People, Eat, Offspring Gadgets:D

wheelchairman
08-12-2008, 07:06 AM
I personally love Copenhagen, but then again, no shit it's the city I know best. Portland Oregon is pretty cool though. It's like San Fran but without all the hype. ;)

Berlin is cool too, I can't wait to go next week. Definitely an awesome place.

come out swinging
08-12-2008, 01:42 PM
amsterdam cuz 420 is legal.
Most historic places during the usa civil war.
Springfield ma. springfield armory. Im like 10 minutes away from it.
Virginia beach cuz its nice.

Sunny
08-12-2008, 01:46 PM
amstradam cuz 420 is legal.

you could at least spell it properly...

wheelchairman
08-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Also the fact that Amsterdam is chalkful of stoner brits and frenchies is the reason why I don't actually like it that much. I mean downtown Amsterdam I suppose.

Utrecht or Rotterdam are much nicer and hash is legal in those places too. Although chosing a favorite city based on the fact that grass is legal is kinda lame.

oh wait kinda...I meant...

come out swinging
08-12-2008, 01:59 PM
you could at least spell it properly...

Gone cold turkey for 6 days. See what happens.

Sunny
08-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Utrecht or Rotterdam are much nicer and hash is legal in those places too. Although chosing a favorite city based on the fact that grass is legal is kinda lame.

oh wait kinda...I meant...

well, pot being legal does influence the nightlife quite a bit and many people go to big cities specifically for the nightlife... so i don't see how it's any lamer than any other reason to like a city.

come out swinging, are you saying you are incapable of spelling "amsterdam" properly because you haven't smoked in 6 days? you might have a problem much greater than pot dependency...

come out swinging
08-12-2008, 02:53 PM

come out swinging, are you saying you are incapable of spelling "amsterdam" properly because you haven't smoked in 6 days? you might have a problem much greater than pot dependency...

I tried spell it by breaking the word down in small parts. in this case it did not go so well. You are using words that i would never use. Pot does help people concentrate. You know they have done studies. Im trying to cook dinner, txt people back on the cell. I should slow done and read what i type. I'm glad i am still going cold turkey

The_Noose
08-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada

Szandi
08-13-2008, 10:15 AM
I'd like to live in Orange county.:cool: