PDA

View Full Version : Was Dexter in a band with Marq Torien of The BulletBoys?

one hundred punks
08-11-2008, 03:25 PM
I found this on Metal Sludge, any truth?

Did you know that the singer from the Offspring was a drummer who played with Marq Torien?

Gustavo
08-11-2008, 03:31 PM
I have never heard or read anything about it.

jacknife737
08-11-2008, 03:34 PM
It would be news to me if he was; but i highly doubt it.

KHWHD
08-11-2008, 03:40 PM
It would be news to me if he was; but i highly doubt it.

Nope, I never heard of it either.

Stylie
08-11-2008, 03:41 PM
"I played in another band with Dexter in '84 and our old drummer James that was the first drummer in The Offspring, and then in '85 actually joined this band. Those guys kinda learned how to play their instruments, and we had a band in '85." - Noodles.

That's the only new thing that we've heard from The Offspring.

Rutegard
08-11-2008, 03:59 PM
I have never heard or read anything about it.

same here :p

Jojan
08-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Just pick up the phone, call Dexter and ask. But now it's Conan O'brien on TV.

lost_nvrfound
08-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally Manic Subsidal (his first band line up) was Dexter (drums), Greg K (bass), Noodles(Guitar), Doug Thompson(vocals) and Jim Benton(drums when Dexter switched to guitar). Then Doug and Jim left, Dexter took over vocals and James Lilja became their drummer and they changed the band name to The Offspring. Ron Welty then took over on drums, followed by Adam Willard and now Pete Prada.

As far as anybody knows, these have been his only band mates. Dexter and Greg started the first band when they chose to play the drums and bass respectively.

leo3375
08-11-2008, 09:28 PM
I call bullshit until concrete evidence is presented. Besides, I'm not sure I would trust anything posted at a message board connected to a site that lists certain people's alleged… uhh… "bedroom habits."

Budzy
08-12-2008, 05:05 AM
I call bullshit until concrete evidence is presented. Besides, I'm not sure I would trust anything posted at a message board connected to a site that lists certain people's alleged… uhh… "bedroom habits."

Concrete evidence?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Stylie
08-12-2008, 05:30 AM

Okey, I got rick rolled. -_- :P

ThunderPX
08-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally Manic Subsidal (his first band line up) was Dexter (drums), Greg K (bass), Noodles(Guitar), Doug Thompson(vocals) and Jim Benton(drums when Dexter switched to guitar). Then Doug and Jim left, Dexter took over vocals and James Lilja became their drummer and they changed the band name to The Offspring. Ron Welty then took over on drums, followed by Adam Willard and now Pete Prada.

As far as anybody knows, these have been his only band mates. Dexter and Greg started the first band when they chose to play the drums and bass respectively.

Dexter never played drums in MS/The Offspring. I think it was Dex/Greg/Doug/Jim, and the latter two left at some point while Noodles joined at some point so he could buy booze for Dexter and Greg. Then they got James Lilja to drum because they'd previously played with him in... the Clowns of Death, was it? I forget.

lost_nvrfound
08-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Dexter never played drums in MS/The Offspring. I think it was Dex/Greg/Doug/Jim, and the latter two left at some point while Noodles joined at some point so he could buy booze for Dexter and Greg. Then they got James Lilja to drum because they'd previously played with him in... the Clowns of Death, was it? I forget.

When they first started a band, dexter played drums. Bonus material on the dvd plays evidence to that.

AHAHA! just saw this...

ThunderPX
08-12-2008, 03:22 PM
When they first started a band, dexter played drums. Bonus material on the dvd plays evidence to that.

AHAHA! just saw this...

The bonus material is from 1983. The band began in 1984.

lost_nvrfound
08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
The bonus material is from 1983. The band began in 1984.

WTFE! BFD!

WAAYY off topic. I was only listing know former band mates... sheesh

ThunderPX
08-13-2008, 06:09 AM
WTFE! BFD!

WAAYY off topic. I was only listing know former band mates... sheesh

...what? <!--10--!>