PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with my plans..........

KHWHD
08-13-2008, 12:19 PM
......... with regards to the meet and greet. I haven't heard anything back yet from The Offsprings agent yet.... unfortunately. But I want to step it up a notch. As Camilamazed said in my poll, she mentioned a possible charity event for abused survivors. Like I said, my Mom was sexually abused as a child and it hits very close to home. Now I personally have no idea where to start with something like this. Ideally, I'd like to have a charity event raising money for abused kids, whether it be sexually or mentally. I'd like The Offspring to be the guest of honour.

Now my question is, how do you go about doing something like this? I have a rough idea, but nothing concrete yet. Thanks.

Stylie
08-13-2008, 12:38 PM
That's a good thought (uh, I don't come up with the right word here). You could call the agent again and ask him? And btw, tell your idea.

Capricorn4
08-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Maybe if you approach the agency with the idea of a charity event,and formulate your ideas in an email or a letter and send it to them it would be a good start.
Then the next step is to find a good(and of course an affordable) place where the event could be held.
I know it's easier to give ideas through the net than to implement the whole thing.My mother knows a few things about organizing events,although not exactly a charity event but I will ask her for advice.Maybe she can come up with something useful.

Rutegard
08-13-2008, 12:42 PM
go for it girl!!

lost_nvrfound
08-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Start looking up companies that fight child abuse, both Canadian and American. Start by contacting those companies with the idea of doing a charity event/concert to support them. They can help get sponsers and such for the show. At least they should be able to tell where to start when looking for companies to donate to the cause. Thats where I'd start, before seeking contact with the agent any further. Then once you have the agencies and sponsers saying they'll be into such an idea, then try the agent again. That way you'll have something more concrete to tell them.

You could also write to The Offspring about the idea.

Rutegard
08-13-2008, 12:53 PM
You could also write to The Offspring about the idea.

yeah and more than once...don't feel down if they do not respond...it's the normal...you gotta insist!

if not, then we will come up together (all active BBS members) and we will send them messages, 'till they hear it :D

lost_nvrfound
08-13-2008, 12:56 PM
yeah and more than once...don't feel down if they do not respond...it's the normal...you gotta insist!

if not, then we will come up together (all active BBS members) and we will send them messages, 'till they hear it :D

Yeah... like we get as many people to write a letter about it as we can.

Rutegard
08-13-2008, 12:58 PM

SURE :D

the more we are, the more power we get,

got it? :p

Stylie
08-13-2008, 12:59 PM

And send it at an exact time. :D

Rutegard
08-13-2008, 01:02 PM
And send it at an exact time. :D

-AHAHAHAHAH

POWERFUL!!!

KHWHD
08-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah, we could do that. But I'm not really sure what that has to do with a charity event?

Stylie
08-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Yeah, we could do that. But I'm not really sure what that has to do with a charity event?

What do you mean? If you're pointing at the e-mail terrorisising, that's just to get The Offspring to see the e-mail about the charity.

Rutegard
08-13-2008, 01:07 PM
just to let them know....

just to let them know...

then, the charity event, it's another paralel thing to do, like someone said, try the associations, or institutions that help these kids....and let them know what you are thinking...

maybe the'll answer that offspring are not big enought to do such a thing...if they do so.....try another one!

and give us some news....let us know how things are going

nameless
08-13-2008, 02:42 PM
it may be quite difficult organising an event with them anytime soon as they will have a very busy schedule with the new album having just been released!

KHWHD
08-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Ok, so I've been doing some research (since my little munchkins are in bed now) on charity events. How to plan one, and various charities. I found this one in Ottawa.

http://www.canadahelps.org/CharityProfilePage.aspx?CharityID=s47348

I emailed the contact name listed: Nichole Wallace.

Hello Nichole. My name is Terri L***** and I am located in Guelph, ON. I was thinking of organising a concert benefit to raise money for your organization. I have never done anything like this before, and wondered if you would know how to do something like this. I am really interested in helping as my Mom is a survivor of sexual abuse, so it really hits me personally. I'm not sure if you're the person I should be contacting for information, but I really hope that you can guide me in the right direction. If you could give me some information so far as how something like this could be arranged, I would truly appreciate the help and guidance. Thank you kindly.

Yours truly,
Terri L*****

Does that sound ok? I don't want to sound like some douchebag that doesn't know what the hell I'm doing or talking about. I hope that makes sense.

This is one of the sites that I found for planning a fundraiser/charity event.

http://www.ehow.com/how_135538_fund-raising-event.html

Sounds pretty straight forward. But the thing is... what to do next? I don't want to start planning all of this and find out that The Offspring can't participate. Does that make sense? Do I contact the person I spoke with last week in LA? Wait till I hear back from that Nichole person?

Rutegard
08-14-2008, 02:50 AM
wait for Nichole....let's hope it won't take that long....

but BEFORE you can proceed, you gotta know if the offspring are available...if not, you can always make plans for the future...even if it can only occur next year or so...what matters? the thing here is...let's get it done!

let's see what Nichole has to say, then what the offspring have to say first...only then you can react ok?

good website

Kitten
08-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Maybe the following could help out once you get things up and running, it was in the F.A.Q.

How can I contact the band's live booking representatives?
BOOKING (NORTH AMERICA):
Creative Artists Agency
2000 Avenue Of The Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067
USA
Wk: 310288-4545
Fx: 310288-4795

BOOKING (OUTSIDE NORTH AMERICA):
X-Ray Touring Limited
Second Floor, Curtain House
134146 Curtain Road
London EC2A 3AR
UK
P 44 207 9207666
F 44 207 9207663

*professional inquiries only please

KHWHD
08-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Maybe the following could help out once you get things up and running, it was in the F.A.Q.

How can I contact the band's live booking representatives?
BOOKING (NORTH AMERICA):
Creative Artists Agency
2000 Avenue Of The Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067
USA
Wk: 310288-4545
Fx: 310288-4795

BOOKING (OUTSIDE NORTH AMERICA):
X-Ray Touring Limited
Second Floor, Curtain House
134146 Curtain Road
London EC2A 3AR
UK
P 44 207 9207666
F 44 207 9207663

*professional inquiries only please

Thanks for that, but I've already been in contact with a booking agent.

KHWHD
08-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Here is the email I got back from the treatment centre.

Hi Terri,

Thank you for your getting in touch with us.

We generally raise funds for the Centre through various workshops and conferences that we hold throughout the year, and although your idea for a benefit concert is really wonderful, I’m not sure how much time the Centre would be able to invest in a new fundraising event at this time. That being said, I will certainly bring your idea to our next Business Meeting in September to see what the Centre’s Associates think of this proposal.

I have never actually organized a concert before, so I probably wouldn’t be your best resource for something like this. However, I would definitely recommend eHow.com as a great on-line ‘how-to’ resource for pretty much anything. From there I’m sure you’ll be able to find some other great links or recommended books on this topic that you could purchase/borrow from a library.

Again, thank you for thinking of us and for offering to donate your time to a cause that is close to your heart. We will definitely let you know what the Associates thought of your idea after our meeting in September.

Take care,

- Jenna

Stylie
08-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Well, that was positive! But why didn't you tell them about The Offspring in your e-mail?

KHWHD
08-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Well, that was positive! But why didn't you tell them about The Offspring in your e-mail?

First of all, I don't think it would of mattered. Secondly, they probably don't know who they are... lol.

Stylie
08-14-2008, 09:09 AM
First of all, I don't think it would of mattered. Secondly, they probably don't know who they are... lol.

Heh, probably. Well, some may know them. They are despite everything one of the most well known punk bands in "our" history, allong with Green Day. :)

Rag Doll
08-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Good luck.

I have planned/run(in association with others) charity events. It has been months upon months of planning....getting venues, getting advertising, getting tax things cleared, getting people for tables/chairs/setup/cleanup/etc, and so on and so forth. And what I did was wine tastings/wine dinners/wine silent auctions. I can't even imagine the undertaking of doing a concert with an internationally known band. But, best of luck if this is something you really end up taking on.

KHWHD
08-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Good luck.

I have planned/run(in association with others) charity events. It has been months upon months of planning....getting venues, getting advertising, getting tax things cleared, getting people for tables/chairs/setup/cleanup/etc, and so on and so forth. And what I did was wine tastings/wine dinners/wine silent auctions. I can't even imagine the undertaking of doing a concert with an internationally known band. But, best of luck if this is something you really end up taking on.

Well I'll give you a call if I need any help/advice if we do this. ;)

Gustavo
08-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Well, Camilamazed's told me the idea of helping abused people, and I really like it. It's a great idea.
I totally support it, even though I probably won't be able to participate since it will probably be in North America and I live in South America, and unfortunately, I can't afford to pay to go there =\

Rutegard
08-14-2008, 12:08 PM
SHANK!!

great answer she gave!!

look that website she said and wait for the meeting...

besides this is there any news?

KHWHD
08-14-2008, 06:02 PM
SHANK!!

great answer she gave!!

look that website she said and wait for the meeting...

besides this is there any news?

No, just what she said in her email.

lost_nvrfound
08-14-2008, 08:15 PM
That email seemed hopeful. It may be possible afterall.

And in response to an earlier post, I hope you weren't thinking that her plans for this would be in like the next month. I think its clear that it wouldn't happen for months. Terri definately knows that. Shows are almost always booked MONTHS in advance. They announced the Japan tour in like May. Especially when the event would be in conjunction with another organization.

KHWHD
08-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Aww... just got off the phone with my Mom. She said she was telling Dad about the charity event.. and Mom said she was very proud of me. Always makes you feel good when they say that huh?

Camilamazed
08-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Aw, that was cute, Terry.

I want to help but have no idea where to start from. You let me know if there's anything I can do because you already got in touch with some institution.

=D

KHWHD
08-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Aw, that was cute, Terry.

I want to help but have no idea where to start from. You let me know if there's anything I can do because you already got in touch with some institution.

=D

I will, thanks hun.

Rutegard
08-18-2008, 08:02 AM
very nice pic you have there!!

KHWHD
08-19-2008, 07:47 AM
very nice pic you have there!!

My avatar? ;)

IdleOffspring
08-19-2008, 08:02 AM
So if I get it right,you are not using the offspring for a charity but you are gonna use a charity to get to meet the offspring?

Don't get me wrong, raising money for people who need it, is a good thing, but it sounds to me you are only using it to get to meet the offspring and that is a bad thing.

KHWHD
08-19-2008, 08:16 AM
So if I get it right,you are not using the offspring for a charity but you are gonna use a charity to get to meet the offspring?

Don't get me wrong, raising money for people who need it, is a good thing, but it sounds to me you are only using it to get to meet the offspring and that is a bad thing.

Nope, you have it all wrong. If I wanted to meet The Offspring, I would have flown over to CAL when they played those 2 shows a few weeks ago. Or went to MD 2 weeks ago. Or I'd wait to meet them after a show whenever they play here next.

Little_Miss_1565
08-19-2008, 10:04 AM
I think it's great that you're trying to put on a charity event, but I'm confused by what you just said. Didn't this start out as a pure meet and greet and trying to find out what the band's private show/appearance fee would be and getting people to help pay it?

KHWHD
08-19-2008, 10:07 AM
I think it's great that you're trying to put on a charity event, but I'm confused by what you just said. Didn't this start out as a pure meet and greet and trying to find out what the band's private show/appearance fee would be and getting people to help pay it?

Originally yes. But I guess they're not interested because I haven't heard anything as of yet and I spoke with the agent 2 weeks ago. But like others have said and I absolutely agree that a charity/benefit concert would be better for everyone involved. Better for the charity, the fans, and The Offspring... again all depending if they can attend.

Rutegard
08-19-2008, 10:58 AM
My avatar? ;)

what else? eheh

Rutegard
08-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally yes. But I guess they're not interested because I haven't heard anything as of yet and I spoke with the agent 2 weeks ago. But like others have said and I absolutely agree that a charity/benefit concert would be better for everyone involved. Better for the charity, the fans, and The Offspring... again all depending if they can attend.

and it's something nice to do, to everyone involved