PDA

View Full Version : If Michael Phelps can do it, so can I!

HornyPope
08-15-2008, 11:35 AM
The Olympics period is a time to dream, or as it is very often in my case, to be dreamt of. As I watch these magnificent athletes, I realize just how far a human can push himself. I feel inspired and I feel empowered and it helps me overcome some daunting tasks I have had to face these past couple of weeks. It's not easy to get up in the morning and prepare yourself for another tough day, but you do it because you know you can.

If Phelps has done it, why can't I?

When my spirit wavers and I need something to cheer me up, I realize the situation could be worse. I could be a member of the Canadian '08 team, who btw have yet to win a single medal. But enough about losers, what I'm trying to say is one shouldn't abandon because he thinks he can't do something. One can do it! If someone has done it, it could be done. You may never end up that someone who has done it for millions of reasons, but then you just might.

ad8
08-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Seriously?

nieh
08-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Aren't you a little on the chubby side though?

HornyPope
08-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Aren't you a little on the chubby side though?

Not at all. I was at my fattest about a year ago but I have shapen up a lot since. Trust you me, I'm pretty damn good.

ad8
08-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Trust you me, I'm pretty damn good.

So you just need to spend 20000$ on steroids and you'll be as good as Phelps.

HornyPope
08-15-2008, 11:56 AM
So you just need to spend 20000$ on steroids and you'll be as good as Phelps.

Depends in what. I'll never be as good of a swimmer because I don't have his genetics nor have I been swimming every day of the past 20 years like he has, but he'll never be as good as I am in bed, for example.

What I'm trying to say is that it's the fighting spirit that counts. You can't raise your and hands and give up. You have to push and push and push harder and that's how we become better.

Splinter[PI]
08-15-2008, 01:11 PM
You have to push and push and push harder and that's how we become better.

Quoted for truth.

IamSam
08-15-2008, 01:13 PM
HornyPope...are you secretly Chad Johnson?

Duskygrin
08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Advertising for Nike or somesuch?

T-6005
08-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Michael Phelps is a jackass.

I wish Ian Thorpe still competed. He's a much better role model.

Andy
08-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Apparently, Phelps is quite literally a man made to swim. There was a bit in the Times basically saying that he has the wingspan, cardiovascular function and all-around phyisiological attributes that is needed to be a world-defining swimmer. I'll try and find an online article tomorrow, very interesting (and quite freaky) read.

lost_nvrfound
08-15-2008, 10:03 PM
my friend is totally in love with michael phelps. i don't see it... i dislike their swimsuits... can't find the swimmers attractive at all

Little_Miss_1565
08-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Vlad, you and Mota should become motivational speakers.

HornyPope
08-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Vlad, you and Mota should become motivational speakers.

Who do you fink is going to be the better motivational speaker? Me or Michael?

Sorry Mike, but there can be only one. It's on, bitch.

HornyPope
08-15-2008, 11:22 PM
HornyPope...are you secretly Chad Johnson?

Sorry, just wanted to reply and say that I'm not ignoring you. I will have the answer within a week... tops... uhh depending on the breaks.

wheelchairman
08-16-2008, 07:15 AM
You have to push and push and push harder and that's how we cum better.

Perfected for truth.

Drafan
08-16-2008, 12:42 PM
The Olympics period is a time to dream, or as it is very often in my case, to be dreamt of. As I watch these magnificent athletes, I realize just how far a human can push himself. I feel inspired and I feel empowered and it helps me overcome some daunting tasks I have had to face these past couple of weeks. It's not easy to get up in the morning and prepare yourself for another tough day, but you do it because you know you can.

Ah, Im sometimes having those feelings, I know it, often inspired by some exciting movie, or after some unusual success. I would like to be better, do big things, or just not to speak dirty. Yeah, sometimes. :o

jacknife737
08-16-2008, 02:13 PM
I realize the situation could be worse. I could be a member of the Canadian '08 team, who btw have yet to win a single medal.

Hey, well at least that has changed, we picked up a trio of medals yesterday.