PDA

View Full Version : Fox says "Shut up"

lexs
08-15-2008, 11:50 AM
What happens when people say the truth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XI2Chc6uQ)

updated:
now it is unfrozen!
I've updated this post with direct link.

2 moderator:
I thought it was wrong to put it to existing thread because of its disharmonious original title. Please watch and decide.

ad8
08-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Whoa. First I thought the girl was going to say something against russia. But now... I'm confused. I can't really believe her since I can't believe anyone in such a conflict. I mean, since it's on U.S. TV and the girl says something against Georgia, it's kinda credible but 12-year-old girls are easy to manipulate, as well.

Jebus
08-15-2008, 12:25 PM
I don't think Fox exactly has a pro-Georgia agenda. They ran footage of Georgian troops shooting at their their reporters the other day and they seemed pretty pissed about it. Also, nothing the guy said was remotely near as rude as "shut up." They have time restraints and they can't have her ramble on for half an hour because they have other stuff planned.

HornyPope
08-15-2008, 12:38 PM
What happens when people say the truth:

updated:
Ppl!! This video is frozen for comments and hit counter is regulary nullified to down on search engines. Copy video or send its link to everybody u ever can! Help to say the truth!!!

Have you ever??

2 moderator:
I thought it was wrong to put it to existing thread because of its disharmonious original title. Please watch and decide.

You probably didn't want to put in the existing thread because you want the video to be cached by google and thus figure higher on their search engine, which is incidentally why google nullifies the hit counter.

lexs
08-15-2008, 12:53 PM
You probably didn't want to put in the existing thread because you want the video to be cached by google and thus figure higher on their search engine, which is incidentally why google nullifies the hit counter.

Nope. Not becouse of this.
Look the rest of the comments.
Someone tryed to make a copy but things comes the same way (frozen)

video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySWm76IZ0No&feature=related)

Endymion
08-15-2008, 01:01 PM
seriously, the fox guy didn't do anything. he clearly disagreed with her, but he never cut either of them off and was nothing but sympathetic about their situation. fox isn't a good news station, but citing this as an example is really stretching.

IamSam
08-15-2008, 01:09 PM
seriously, the fox guy didn't do anything. he clearly disagreed with her, but he never cut either of them off and was nothing but sympathetic about their situation. fox isn't a good news station, but citing this as an example is really stretching.

Ditto.

He had very little time to work with, was sympathetic, and let them say what they wanted to say.

Now LEXS, listen to me for one second: I know it was Georgia that 'started' the war. They should be questioned about this, however, it did not give Russia the right to go in and invade 1/3 of Georgia and do the same things that Georgia did to Ossetia.

come out swinging
08-15-2008, 02:26 PM

at work, we watch fox news and sometimes they are pressed with time. In another view point fox does drag on stories for more minutes of air time than others. take the Kennedy sex scandal. A lot of air time it had.

F@ BANKZ
08-15-2008, 03:05 PM
The intonation of "that's certainly what the Russians want" seemed more shocking than the fact that they were cut short.

lexs
08-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Operative: "You've done remarkable things. But you're fighting a war you've already lost."
Mal: "Yeah well, I'm known for that."
Serenity(2005)

IamSam,
Every crime should be investigated and judged it's clear.
From other side a jury will not make it fair in 100% biased environment. Or this chance is comes to zero. And normally such a juror has to be rejected.

So to make a fair judgement the every man should be given all info from the start. How many americans know that Georgia invades but not Russia? Hiding info is the crime too. Forgetting this may force to pay costly both guilty and innocent.

----------------------------------------------------------
Some curious thing happens to this video. First it comes unavailable for 30 min but now it is turned around. All this video wiping and press unanimity makes me déjà vu... America, welcome to USSR.
Anyway I've added a link to the copy made by some guy.

wheelchairman
08-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Yeah I didn't watch all 4 minutes, but I skipped around for where ever an interesting part would be (or if he would act like a jerk.) He didn't.

Now Bill O'Reilly is a jerk. I don't know, it just seems too rude to me to say "shutup" to your guests. But then again, I'm getting tired of all these long haired kids walking around too.

Little_Miss_1565
08-16-2008, 10:44 AM
If the girl didn't see any bombs, how does she know they were Georgian troops bombing them? Is any of the non-traditional media running with this story to find out what's behind it?

T-6005
08-16-2008, 11:43 AM
If he'd wanted to shut her up he could have been much more brusque. And didn't need to bring her back on the air at all. I hate when people make something out of nothing like this.

Rag Doll
08-16-2008, 04:54 PM
I watched this live (I hate FoxNews, but I always watch Studio B....I adore Shep). He didn't do anything wrong....and seriously, how many people would let the girl and her aunt come back on and talk? I don't see anything wrong with the interview.

Oh, and he routinely is having to cut people off on his show. He never spends a lot of time on any subject unless it's a) a news conference b) a car chase (he enjoys them) or c) something he finds amusing (the Paris Hilton arrest/jail stuff...he found it hysterical and mocked her to no end). So....yeah, I doubt it had anything to do with the topic or the girl.

Mota Boy
08-16-2008, 08:19 PM
c) something he finds amusing (the Paris Hilton arrest/jail stuff...he found it hysterical and mocked her to no end)

Argument A against gay news anchors.

Little_Miss_1565
08-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Argument A against gay news anchors.

You take that back! Anderson Cooper would never do such things on his own show.

He saves it for when he guest hosts Regis & Kelly.

lexs
08-17-2008, 12:05 AM
ok people
if this video is so obvious tell me why to froze youtube counter and comments line??

adombomb222
08-17-2008, 12:07 AM
I just posted two comments, I have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Also, I have to agree with Sam.

Regardless who shot frist, Ossetia or Georgia. Russia should have not invaded nor attacked George, outside south Ossetia.

HeadAroundU
08-17-2008, 02:06 AM
If the girl didn't see any bombs, how does she know they were Georgian troops bombing them?
People running into cafe told her? :D

ok people
if this video is so obvious tell me why to froze youtube counter and comments line??
Too many people are watching? So, it's slow. Yesterday, it had around 400 000 views. Today, 700 000. It's working.

Jebus
08-17-2008, 03:16 AM
Youtube doesn't count its hits in real-time. It updates the counter every once in a while. Fox intentionally freezing the counter and preventing people from commenting is silly because they could just as easily claim copyright violation and simply take the down the video entirely.

lexs
08-17-2008, 07:40 AM
If the girl didn't see any bombs, how does she know they were Georgian troops bombing them? Is any of the non-traditional media running with this story to find out what's behind it?
This is as simple. At night to august,8 Mr Saakashvili appeared on tv and radio speaking of starting the operation to "restore constitutional order". It had happened just in time of bombardment.
Russian 58th army entered Ossetia 14 hours since that.

lexs
08-17-2008, 07:58 AM
People running into cafe told her? :D

Too many people are watching? So, it's slow. Yesterday, it had around 400 000 views. Today, 700 000. It's working.
Can you help me with link you have checked? I've checked it right now and its only about 12000.

adombomb222,
now it's ok. I based my post on one of the comments and may be too suspicious.

Jebus,
of course it is the reason.

HeadAroundU
08-17-2008, 08:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XI2Chc6uQ

It's your 2nd link, but you need to double click the video to view it on youtube.

lexs
08-17-2008, 11:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XI2Chc6uQ

It's your 2nd link, but you need to double click the video to view it on youtube.
thanx
I looked through comments and found it had being frozen 2 days ago but now is ok. Looks like scandal hit the roots.