PDA

View Full Version : Texas will allow teachers to bring guns to school

come out swinging
08-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Read this article

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080815/ts_nm/texas_guns_dc

Just waiting to have another school shooting.

And you can all hide behind your desks now
And you can cry 'teacher come help me!'
Through you all
My aim is true!

shanna_guarana
08-15-2008, 04:27 PM
where the hell this world goes..???:cool:

IamSam
08-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Sweet. I'll have to apply down there after I student teach.

Hypno Toad
08-15-2008, 09:02 PM
"billy!" "didn't I Tell You To Stop Talking!?"

*bang* *fhoomp*

wheelchairman
08-16-2008, 07:17 AM
I think teachers are far more likely to shoot up schools than students. God knows it crossed my mind in the few months I taught English.

F@ BANKZ
08-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Read this article

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080815/ts_nm/texas_guns_dc

Just waiting to have another school shooting.

And you can all hide behind your desks now
And you can cry 'teacher come help me!'
Through you all
My aim is true!

By the time you hear the siren
It‘s already too late
One goes to the morgue and the other to jail
One guy‘s wasted and the other‘s a waste
It goes down the same as the thousand before
No one‘s getting smarter
No one‘s learning the score
Your never ending spree of death and violence and hate
Is gonna tie your own rope, tie your own rope, tie y'rown hey!

If the guns are just kept under the desk I suppose it could keep children from being disruptive, it would certainly work on me. At my school we had an alarm which was scarcely distinguishable from the first alarm for intruders, so people would stand idly around going "is there a maniac in the school or a fire?". In the event of the fire you would logically escape the school, but if there was a maniac you would have to all remain in your nearest classroom defenceless and cornered. I still think this idea is ridiculous though.

come out swinging
08-16-2008, 09:34 AM
A few hours ago at work me and my boss was talking bout this and its not that funny but teachers bring a small gun and the students bring in bigger and more powerful one. Give me a better grade dammit or else.

And teachers put the gun the desk and point to it if students don't pay attention or don't do their homework

Iamstupid
08-16-2008, 10:13 AM
"billy!" "didn't I Tell You To Stop Talking!?"

*bang* *fhoomp*

Oh fuck, I lol'd XD

But well, that's sad to see they found no other solution that allowing guns for teachers.
Imagine the student who withdrew a chocolate bar from his coat pocket, the teacher thinks it's a gun and *bam bam* the guy will never eat chocolate bars or anything else any longer. Accicents can happen.

Stupid problems brings stupid solutions.

(and as Come_Out_Swinging pointed out, children have bigger guns and even if it's not quite funny, I laughed)

EDIT : the article is pretty funny in a kind of way :

School experts backed Thweatt's [...] said it is a matter of safety[...] "It's just common sense." he said.

Is it common sense to see students going to shcool with guns, forcing teachers to get weapons too ? I'd say no.

medi01
08-17-2008, 11:38 AM
haha...r normal police dont even carry guns around...shows either how stupid or brave they are (more likely stupid)

Jakebert
08-17-2008, 11:54 AM
I dunno, there's a part of me that likes the idea of a teacher threatening some little dick who acts like an asshole in class for attention.

Little_Miss_1565
08-17-2008, 02:19 PM
A bunch of kids from my high school used to bring guns all the time. I s'pose it was only a matter of time before the teachers started arming themselves. It would be really great if there were other ways for teens to feel they could empower themselves in other, perhaps more legal ways.

Oxygene
08-18-2008, 06:13 AM
This would only make sense, if they were allowed to shoot the stupid kids in the face

"Billy Bob, do you believe that noah was real, and he had an ark and everything"

"yes"

"I'm sorry..." BOOM

hehe

IamSam
08-18-2008, 08:53 AM
This would only make sense, if they were allowed to shoot the stupid kids in the face

"Billy Bob, do you believe that noah was real, and he had an ark and everything"

"yes"

"I'm sorry..." BOOM

hehe

No. Don't shoot them on faith based stuff. I'll give you a much better scenario.

"Jimmy, instead of staring down Donna's shirt front, tell me where on the map Afghanistan is."

"Uh...I don't know."

"That's gonna cost you one, Jimmy, would you like it in the left or right knee?"

*Cha-Chick!*

Rooster
08-18-2008, 10:29 AM
It would be like this:

"Did you do your homework, Bobby?"

"No."

"Forgot again? Do you realise what this is?" pulls the gun out "This is 44 magnum, the most powerfull gun in the world, it could blow your head off. I know what you're wondering: did i shoot 5 or 6 students before you. You think you feel lucky? Well do you, punk?"

wheelchairman
08-18-2008, 02:48 PM
No, it's more like "You little fucking brat quit talking" bam bam bma bam

ah silence.

Oxygene
08-19-2008, 07:13 AM
No. Don't shoot them on faith based stuff. I'll give you a much better scenario.

"Jimmy, instead of staring down Donna's shirt front, tell me where on the map Afghanistan is."

"Uh...I don't know."

"That's gonna cost you one, Jimmy, would you like it in the left or right knee?"

*Cha-Chick!*

Yeah true, I vote for your scenario..

But if we did mine it would still get rid of more stupid people in texas :)

ZeQuebecois
08-19-2008, 07:52 PM
A few hours ago at work me and my boss was talking bout this and its not that funny but teachers bring a small gun and the students bring in bigger and more powerful one. Give me a better grade dammit or else.

This is a vicious circle getting bigger and bigger... They should start tightening more the regulation of guns before thinking of that mesure. Hey, I'm in one of the best high school of my province, and some guys (who passed tests to be accepted in the school, supposed to be over-educated, not mr. Everybody) in my class are keeping telescopic clubs in their pockets.
'Few years ago I don't think it was like that propaged... Just getting worse.

wheelchairman
08-19-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure why you guys think this is a good idea. You think teachers with guns are just gonna act like heroes and get into a fire fight with some crazy nutcase student?

Of course it depends on the person. I would like to think I would act heroically. But my god it would be difficult to put myself into a situation where a bullet could (and like would try very hard to) tear itself through my body.

ZeQuebecois
08-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah they should imperatively make every teacher follow a shooting stage too, to be more precise with their weapons...
No, I was ironical here... ^^

This law is awful...:mad: They've gotta find a way to reduce the number of weapons hold by students first. It's just too easy to get guns.

jacknife737
08-19-2008, 09:44 PM
When i hear people suggesting after school shootings (ie Virginia Tech) that teachers should be armed, I can't help but roll my eyes. Do people really think that suddenly an English teacher is going to turn into Rambo? If anything, i think that a teacher, (particularly in some inner city school) is just as likely to snap as any student. Schools should be gun free.

IamSam
08-19-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm going to be a teacher here soon and I sure as hell wouldn't want to be armed. As sissy as this sounds, that would put me on the top of the 'must shoot list.'

That_Guy91
08-20-2008, 07:24 AM
*Cha-Chick!*

So it's a toy gun in your scenario?

IamSam
08-20-2008, 12:30 PM
So it's a toy gun in your scenario?

Yes. It says 'replica' on the side instead of 'Desert Eagle point 5 0.'

Lithuanian Offspring
08-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Actually, on the bright side they might just all end up killing themselves, and we won't have to deal with anymore of the Texas bravado stuff anymore. So.... Thanks Texas! Thank you for trying to eradicate yourself... early... while you're young.

jacknife737
08-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Yes. It says 'replica' on the side instead of 'Desert Eagle point 5 0.'

Ha, i just watched that movie last night.

IamSam
08-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Ha, i just watched that movie last night.

YES! I love you for getting that reference! Kick ass movie.

Actually, on the bright side they might just all end up killing themselves, and we won't have to deal with anymore of the Texas bravado stuff anymore. So.... Thanks Texas! Thank you for trying to eradicate yourself... early... while you're young.

Stop stereotyping. I know many a Texan that is perfectly humble.

Bipolar Bear
08-31-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that reform wouldn't help nor save any lives.
If anything, I'd really hate having my teacher carrying a gun.
I'm sure a lot of people would feel the same.

T-6005
09-01-2008, 08:07 AM
The United States is fucking insane.