PDA

View Full Version : Tokio Hotel!

XtokiogirlX
08-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Has anyone heard of the band Tokio Hotel
They are one of my favourite bands I love them!
Does anyone else?:confused:

jacknife737
08-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Their lead singer is the hottest girl i've ever seen.

XtokiogirlX
08-15-2008, 08:31 PM
OI!
You must be the stupidest person eva!
He's a dude and his name is Bill and he looks like a man!
Goodness
with a name like Bill, thats not a girl name if you knew anthing

one hundred punks
08-15-2008, 10:44 PM
They suck, they are generic, nothing unique about them.Let me know when they write some songs that will still be relevant in twenty years.

ANDiTKO
08-15-2008, 11:20 PM
what a stupid gay band.I also thought that the lead singer is a cheek,but he is gay http://factoryjoe.com/projects/emoticons/images/emoticon-0169-dance.gif

cool 2 hate 681
08-15-2008, 11:44 PM
awful band please stop making music and go back to your gay bar in germany

Conspiracyof1000
08-15-2008, 11:58 PM
My friend loooves them. But she also agrees Bill (who we call an it) looks like an anime chick. Because he is.
I personally can't stand them.

JohnnyNemesis
08-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Some of the most trite and downright awful music I've ever heard. It's just really derivative and boring stuff, and it doesn't help that they look really really really fucking stupid.

ancalan
08-16-2008, 02:19 AM
It`s the biggest shit i ever heard.....its fans are a stupid EMO teens connectin their throats to a razor blades......and Bill-fuckin-Kaulitz is the ugliest chick i ever saw...i think i`d rather see a suicide....

Free?
08-16-2008, 03:02 AM
You've picked up a wrong forum if you are hoping to find anything positive about those trendy posers :p .

WebDudette
08-16-2008, 04:07 AM
I've just checked them out so as not to make a completely unjustified judgment. Now I can confidently say they are horrible.

Also, despite how pathetic Bill looks, his brother managed to top him, wtf?!

shanna_guarana
08-16-2008, 07:18 AM
oh god, you're lost....

T-6005
08-16-2008, 07:52 AM
I like the chorus to Monsoon, melody-wise. It's too bad I can't stand the rest of the song, or his voice.

There's something about it that reminds me of the Rasmus, who I generally actually like.

EDIT - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfMnM5Y2rw8
Check out his emotionally charged and intense jump at 2:15. I think it made my day.

0r4ng3
08-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Wow, I think we've finally found a band that's more hated than Green Day on this forum.

StefanDBH
08-16-2008, 02:36 PM
I hate Tokio Hotel,they are gay and they gay again, all my friends hate that "band". They are stupid and singer is biggest gay on the world. We found picture of them and we burn it:rolleyes:

shanna_guarana
08-16-2008, 05:55 PM
I like the chorus to Monsoon, melody-wise. It's too bad I can't stand the rest of the song, or his voice.

There's something about it that reminds me of the Rasmus, who I generally actually like.

EDIT - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfMnM5Y2rw8
Check out his emotionally charged and intense jump at 2:15. I think it made my day.

are you serious?

Marco
08-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Probably theone of the most shitty bands ever...fags!

ad8
08-17-2008, 02:22 AM
First of all, thanks for this Tokio-Hotel bashing! It's always nice to see that not only about 90% of Germany hates them but also people like you. It's really a shame that this band made its way outside of Germany. This band is the best example for pop-music. They were casted, they weren't even playing instruments before the producer decided that they were the perfect marionettes for that new concept band. I hate them for these reasons and I am ashamed that great REAL bands that are doing really well don't get the attention that they get. So just ignore them. And LOL about this:

Their lead singer is the hottest girl i've ever seen.

OI!
You must be the stupidest person eva!
He's a dude and his name is Bill and he looks like a man!
Goodness
with a name like Bill, thats not a girl name if you knew anthing

This is the perfect example of a Tokio Hotel-fan. This is so fucking pathetic that I don't know whether to laugh or to cry:D

Iamstupid
08-17-2008, 03:15 AM
Shittiest Band Ever.

3 words are enough to describe it all. I can't believe such a thing got fame. I think it's an insult to real music made by artists who love and live for their passion.

disclaimer_07
08-17-2008, 03:45 AM
They totally suck. Listen to H-Blockx if you want to hear a good German band.

holland25
08-17-2008, 03:56 AM
Or Rammstein, Die Toten Hosen, Crematory, Helloween...

Tokio Hotel doesn't even deserve its own thread.

HeadAroundU
08-17-2008, 04:38 AM
I love Durch den Monsun.

H1T_That
08-17-2008, 05:01 AM
They sound terrible and look like complete faggots.

0r4ng3
08-17-2008, 05:46 AM
I watched a video on YouTube to see what all the hate is about, and I kind of get it, but not really. Sure they sound kind of generic, but not particularly shitty. But the singer is trying too hard to look like Davey Havok.

Come out and smash'em up!
08-17-2008, 06:11 AM
tOKYO Hotel sucks, outlook of the band is shitty, music some emo crap and the fans mentaly sick. Best German is Kreator, good old school thrash metal from the 80's and still going strong.

shanna_guarana
08-17-2008, 06:31 AM
why is there a tokio hotel thread on offspring boards..?

wheelchairman
08-17-2008, 07:12 AM
They sound terrible and look like complete faggots.

They're also 14 years old.

dff_punk
08-17-2008, 07:25 AM
Fuck, I'm gone for a week and a Tokyo Hotel thread is here?
What's wrong with you guys.

ad8
08-17-2008, 08:54 AM

Read our responses and see that nothing is wrong, my friend:D

Ryder1234
08-17-2008, 05:19 PM
I like the chorus to Monsoon, melody-wise.

Someone should rip the melody and make a better song. I kinda like the melody too.

Other than that, they're the shittiest band to have walked the earth.

shanna_guarana
08-17-2008, 05:19 PM

I dunno, daddy...I'm scared!!!:(

dff_punk
08-18-2008, 05:40 AM
At least this thread has only got a one star rating.

Keyser
08-19-2008, 12:04 PM
terrible band. awfull music.

Drums beating in my Heart
08-19-2008, 12:48 PM
At least this thread has only got a one star rating.

It has 2 stars:confused:

TH sucks, it sucks, nothing sucks harder than"it"!!!

dff_punk
08-19-2008, 01:32 PM
It had 1 star before. Some rebel must have changed it :p

Little_Miss_1565
08-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Is there any other language you guys can find to express your distaste of a band other than "fag" "faggot" etc.?

Insert standard rant about standards of masculinity needing to expand or the world is fucked etc etc.

I don't particularly care for the band, but I also don't think they put a hit out on my fucking dog or some shit.

Redjie
08-19-2008, 06:25 PM
You people couldn't resist without a Tokio Hotel thread, could you? Gee, what a plague :rolleyes:

nieh
08-19-2008, 07:18 PM
You mean a faggot hit out on your fucking dog or some shit.

OMG, BURN!!1!1!

Free?
08-20-2008, 03:41 AM
You people couldn't resist without a Tokio Hotel thread, could you? Gee, what a plague :rolleyes:

It was made by a new registered user. Also, can't we just let this thread die?

Drums beating in my Heart
08-20-2008, 04:40 AM

DIE thread, DIE!!!

:p

ad8
08-20-2008, 05:31 AM
I'd rather see Tokio Hotel closed/deleted:D

T-6005
08-20-2008, 09:09 AM
It seems to me that the last band with this much of a negative reaction on this forum was Simple Plan.

Rooster
08-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Tokio Hotel?

1. They have the stupidest dumb band name of all the stupidest dumb band names possible.
2. They care only for their fame
3. They usually attract only pre-12-year-olds
4. Their music lacks any soul
5. If there is a band who would define "being a sell-out", it would probably be them

I am not usually so negative, i think that anyone should listen to the music they like, but in this case i think that most kids listen to Tokio Hostel ONLY because they are cool at the moment, just like that Rebelde (the news that they broke up really made my day, i hate them because i can't stand their music, and also because when i was searching RFRG in the stores no store had a single RFRG CD, but they had 128789 copies of each Rebelde CD).

Little_Miss_1565
08-20-2008, 10:00 AM
but in this case i think that most kids listen to Tokio Hostel ONLY because they are cool at the moment, just like that Rebelde (the news that they broke up really made my day, i hate them because i can't stand their music, and also because when i was searching RFRG in the stores no store had a single RFRG CD, but they had 128789 copies of each Rebelde CD).

So what? Does it hurt you physically if people like pop music? Does it have any impact on your world at all? It is so incredibly easy to live without having bands you don't like in your consciousness. The only way something can have this kind of effect on you is if you let it--and then that's your problem, not theirs.

dff_punk
08-20-2008, 10:16 AM
It's not a matter of one single person, it's a matter of where this world/society is going. Don't you find it a little bit sick and twisted when 12 year old kids nowadays worship a boy, who spends his first two hours of the day in the bathroom, putting on makeup and than looking like a paedo-transvestite? Where are the good ol' Hanson and BSB days.

Not to mention that TH were found by some German producers and are a mockery to rock music in general.

0r4ng3
08-20-2008, 10:20 AM
I don't think this band would be hated nearly as much if their singer didn't look like a wannabe Davey Havok. Then again, they probably wouldn't be that popular either.

dff_punk
08-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Believe me, most of those fan-kids don't even have a clue who Davey Havok is. They would even be able to say HE ripped off Bill(TH's singer).

..well, maybe in America, AFI is more known there, but I was talking in a central european prerspective.

Little_Miss_1565
08-20-2008, 10:37 AM
It's not a matter of one single person, it's a matter of where this world/society is going. Don't you find it a little bit sick and twisted when 12 year old kids nowadays worship a boy, who spends his first two hours of the day in the bathroom, putting on makeup and than looking like a paedo-transvestite? Where are the good ol' Hanson and BSB days.

Not to mention that TH were found by some German producers and are a mockery to rock music in general.

You sound like my freaking grandmother. No joke. She cornered me at the kitchen table one night to tell me that it was horrible that guys in punk bands wear tight pants like girls and what is the world coming to when degenerates like this can have any kind of influence on 13 year old me.

The bands that kids listen to have nothing to do with the direction of the world or society. I think you and others saying this are projecting your own troubles onto the situation.If they get some kind of validation or even just personal enjoyment out of Tokio Hotel, I'm just glad that kids are listening to music and going there to get their emotional support rather than things that are more destructive. Every band, no matter how manufactured, can lead to something cool. Maybe someone who gets into Tokio Hotel at 12 will be into AFI by 14 and from there get into Rancid, the Offspring, Tiger Army, and all sorts of related bands.

But that'll never happen if they're met with derision of this level. Have you noticed that the OP hasn't returned? Y'all just lost an opportunity to have an influence on someone and introduce them to bands they might like better.

Jakebert
08-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Well, I dunno. I do think music has the potential to make the world a worse place. Look at Offspring fans.

dff_punk
08-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Ugh, all I wanted to do was to express my TH hatred in something more than just "omg Tokyo Hotel fagz the worst band in the world"... I am maybe far too much disgusted by how the singer looks and that's why I think it's bad that kids listen to this(well, listen, they more LOOK than listen). I did not mean it that much in the world/society way(even though in a certain level, I did, I have to admit I'm a little bit conservative, but not too much). It's more than certain that the kids will later switch into something more valuable.

You got a point there, and I give up easily, so I agree.

I still hate those guys as hell, but that's my personal state of mind.

Redjie
08-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Well, personally I don't like this band. At all. It's okay if people like them. The fucking problem is: this is becoming a stupid label. Something like "You're not cool cos you like Tokio Hotel and that makes you a poser/wannabe". WHATEVERR! Let them like Tokio Hotel if they want to. It's their own problem. If we can consider that a problem anyway. Things like that are generating a stupid movement in my town. And probably, in the whole country. Teenagers are dividing themselves into Tokio Hotel lovers & Tokio Hotel haters. How stupid is that? Well, it's happening. I do belive it's because of us, and I include myself in that because I know sometimes I react the same way, who tend to critcize the band everytime somene says their name.
*sighs* Okay, I just spoke it out, ignore me if you want to :D

Free?
08-20-2008, 11:12 AM
It is so incredibly easy to live without having bands you don't like in your consciousness.
If only it would be enough to solve all my problems...:rolleyes: *jokin, completely not serious*

But that'll never happen if they're met with derision of this level. Have you noticed that the OP hasn't returned? Y'all just lost an opportunity to have an influence on someone and introduce them to bands they might like better.

It depends on what's in TH fan's head too. Probably we succeeded in pissing Xtokiogirlx off, but it would be pretty stupid for her to hate The Offspring for that instead of giving a try to understand why we were so negative.

And about trying to have a good influence. Oh well, I've been carefully explaining, gently arguing, opening eyes countless times before to countless people. At some point you want just to give up because you realize that being a good forum guy means that you'll have to repeat yourself over and over in hundreds explanations to never ending newcomers/haters and the fact that most of them will just ignore your arguments and stay at their point of view completely kills your enthusiasm.

I'm not saying that we should bash such newcomers always, in fact, we should do the opposite in a way that LM1565 told us, but maybe we have saved ourselves from another simpleton. Maybe.

Rooster
08-20-2008, 11:14 AM
So what? Does it hurt you physically if people like pop music? Does it have any impact on your world at all? It is so incredibly easy to live without having bands you don't like in your consciousness. The only way something can have this kind of effect on you is if you let it--and then that's your problem, not theirs.

No, it doesn't hurt me physically, probably my previous post was a bit angrier than i intended, but i can't stand those bands. I don't listen to them, but when i turn on the TV - Tokio Hotel. I change the channel - a commercial for Tokio Hotel ringtones. I change the channel again - a commercial for Rebelde concert. Then i got sick of TV and open a newspaper, and guess what? Yep, a REBELDE quiz where you can figure out if you are "born to be a pop star" on the back page. You see my point? It seems like everyone (at least in my country, i'm not sure how it's about in yours) is trying to MAKE everyone listen to that music, and people just follow that trend because it's cool. No wonder why it took almost a month for RAFRAG to be available in my country - everyone cares only for the best selling ultra commercial bands, and that annoys me. I can't help it. If someone sincerely likes that bands, listen to them, go for it. But i think that you can really begin to hate those bands and everything connected to them if everyone (media) is trying to make you listen them and show to you that those bands are good because they are cool.

And, by the way (this shit is just silly), Tokio Hotel's members cite Metallica and Aerosmith as their infuences (among others, check wikipedia). WTF?!?!?:eek: Why do they cite them? Because they also play guitars? ROFL :D

Little_Miss_1565
08-20-2008, 11:30 AM
I still hate those guys as hell, but that's my personal state of mind.

And that's totally cool. You can hate them all you want. It's what you do about it.

If someone sincerely likes that bands, listen to them, go for it. But i think that you can really begin to hate those bands and everything connected to them if everyone (media) is trying to make you listen them and show to you that those bands are good because they are cool.

Then hate on the media, and the record label buying that ad space, and sure, hate the band. But for fuck's sake, leave the fans alone and try being a little more positive towards them.

Well, personally I don't like this band. At all. It's okay if people like them. The fucking problem is: this is becoming a stupid label. Something like "You're not cool cos you like Tokio Hotel and that makes you a poser/wannabe". WHATEVERR! Let them like Tokio Hotel if they want to. It's their own problem. If we can consider that a problem anyway. Things like that are generating a stupid movement in my town. And probably, in the whole country. Teenagers are dividing themselves into Tokio Hotel lovers & Tokio Hotel haters. How stupid is that? Well, it's happening. I do belive it's because of us, and I include myself in that because I know sometimes I react the same way, who tend to critcize the band everytime somene says their name.

You rock, Redjie!

It depends on what's in TH fan's head too. Probably we succeeded in pissing Xtokiogirlx off, but it would be pretty stupid for her to hate The Offspring for that instead of giving a try to understand why we were so negative.

Why should she? Did you try to understand why she liked them? You can't expect anyone else to do what you yourself are not willing to do.

And about trying to have a good influence. Oh well, I've been carefully explaining, gently arguing, opening eyes countless times before to countless people. At some point you want just to give up because you realize that being a good forum guy means that you'll have to repeat yourself over and over in hundreds explanations to never ending newcomers/haters and the fact that most of them will just ignore your arguments and stay at their point of view completely kills your enthusiasm.

Yeah, try being a moderator sometime. ;P Seriously, if I can suck it up and not tell everyone I'd like to fuck off and die, I have faith that you can too. There has to be a middle ground between pages and pages of "fuck these faggots" and being Mr. Forum Goody Two Shoes.

Several of the regulars and fellow old-timers started out as kind of totally lame. You can do some ball-busting, but there's a difference between busting someone's balls and ganging up on them to destroy their whole world.

Rooster
08-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Then hate on the media, and the record label buying that ad space, and sure, hate the band. But for fuck's sake, leave the fans alone and try being a little more positive towards them.

Yeah, you're right, you made a good point here :). I know how my post sounded, but my hatred wasn't pointed towards fans as much as towards the band and the media (well, probably i wouldn't hate the band as much as i do now if the media would not try to make them cool and make everyone listen to those "highly talented super-stars"). "Buy your favorite Tokio Hotel (or Rebelde) ringtone for your mobile phone and become super cool", these are probably one of the most frequent commercials on TV in my country. Why the fuck would i want to do that? They aren't even my favorite band. Shit like this can really piss you off (just try to imagine hearing the same commercial 3 times during the same commercial block, which is long at least 5 minutes. On some channels here every 15 minutes there is one commercial block).

Free?
08-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Why should she? Did you try to understand why she liked them? You can't expect anyone else to do what you yourself are not willing to do.

I'm pretty sure that she likes TH because they look cool, they are different, her friends like TH as well, they sing about how she feels sometimes, maybe because TH was her first rock band that opened her eyes. All of that is not bad and is typical for almost everybody, but how can we explain that TH are just exploiting image of rock band without saying that we don't like TH? :) I don't believe that explanation should start like "I like TH a little bit too, but there is something more that I want to tell you about them...".
Oh man... I feel like a patient explaining good guy again... Ohhh... :o :(

Little_Miss_1565
08-20-2008, 12:03 PM
All of that is not bad and is typical for almost everybody, but how can we explain that TH are just exploiting image of rock band without saying that we don't like TH? :) I don't believe that explanation should start like "I like TH a little bit too, but there is something more that I want to tell you about them...".

I can't tell you what to say, but I feel like I can say with confidence that such an explanation sure shouldn't start with "they are a bunch of fucking faggots."

You don't have to like a band to try and help turn them on to something else.

Jules69
08-20-2008, 12:06 PM
WHO ARE THEY???? I have never even heard of them!!!:confused::confused:

T-6005
08-20-2008, 12:07 PM
And the Catalyst Award for creating the fastest backpedaling badwagon goes to Little Miss.

The moderators really have too much power.

Jules69
08-20-2008, 12:10 PM
And the Catalyst Award for creating the fastest backpedaling badwagon goes to Little Miss.

Hey mann power can be SEXY!!! Yes, bad too!! Can go either way, know what I mean???:D

Free?
08-20-2008, 12:15 PM

Maybe because LM1565 is respected a lot here? Plus she told something very different from what posts in this thread used to be.

0r4ng3
08-20-2008, 12:22 PM
WHO ARE THEY???? I have never even heard of them!!!:confused::confused:
I had to search YouTube. I think they're not very well known outside of Europe.

T-6005
08-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Hey mann power can be SEXY!!! Yes, bad too!! Can go either way, know what I mean???:D
Do you know what you mean?

Maybe because LM1565 is respected a lot here?
Are you under the impression that I was insulting her?

Jesus
08-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Luckily those retards/kids are past their prime here. Holy monkey on a chopstick, I'd rather listen to Tom Delonge giving a 24 hour a cappella performance over one of their 'hits' again.

Picture yourself waiting for Satana when those guys are playing and you hear a herd of pre-boobsters screaming for about 50 mins. Add a couple 12 year olds holding signs 'plz take mah virginity Bill' and if that's not enough, picture their parents right behind'm. WW3 can't be that bad.

Free?
08-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Are you under the impression that I was insulting her?

Totally not! I had a feeling that I should have put a smiley there.

Rooster
08-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Luckily those retards/kids are past their prime here. Holy monkey on a chopstick, I'd rather listen to Tom Delonge giving a 24 hour a cappella performance over one of their 'hits' again.

Picture yourself waiting for Satana when those guys are playing and you hear a herd of pre-boobsters screaming for about 50 mins. Add a couple 12 year olds holding signs 'plz take mah virginity Bill' and if that's not enough, picture their parents right behind'm. WW3 can't be that bad.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.:D

Z0MGROTFL:D:D:D

ad8
08-20-2008, 02:11 PM

Actually, it does hurt me physically, or I'd better say psychically. I feel excluded from society just because I listen to honest music with soul and heart. If people said: "I listen to pop-music because I honestly love it" or "I listen to pop-music because I just like the music", then I'd be ok with it.
But if people say "I don't listen to punk music because no one is listening to it" or "I like to Tokio Hotel because it has been the trendiest band for the last two weeks, and I'm such a di3-h4rD Fanzzzz0r", it just breaks my neck. I just can't honestly be friends with people that like that kind of music just because the advertisement told them so. Furthermore I don't think that people will get into punk music by listening to Tokio Hotel. When they get too "mature" for Tokio Hotel, they're going to listen to the next concept musician/band created by the industry.
Maybe I overreacted a little in my first post in here. I also agree that we mustn't hate the fans but rather the music industry and the managers of bands like Tokio Hotel.
But the hate on this system and its "bands" like Tokio Hotel is so strong that I had to express my feelings once. It would be easy to ignore them if there were like 50% people who listen to pop and 50% people who listen to punk or just honest music in general. But it's more like 90% - 10% and that is what makes me so depressed. [/rant]
Sorry for this long post...

Little_Miss_1565
08-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Actually, it does hurt me physically, or I'd better say psychically. I feel excluded from society just because I listen to honest music with soul and heart. If people said: "I listen to pop-music because I honestly love it" or "I listen to pop-music because I just like the music", then I'd be ok with it.
But if people say "I don't listen to punk music because no one is listening to it" or "I like to Tokio Hotel because it has been the trendiest band for the last two weeks, and I'm such a di3-h4rD Fanzzzz0r", it just breaks my neck. I just can't honestly be friends with people that like that kind of music just because the advertisement told them so. Furthermore I don't think that people will get into punk music by listening to Tokio Hotel. When they get too "mature" for Tokio Hotel, they're going to listen to the next concept musician/band created by the industry.
Maybe I overreacted a little in my first post in here. I also agree that we mustn't hate the fans but rather the music industry and the managers of bands like Tokio Hotel.
But the hate on this system and its "bands" like Tokio Hotel is so strong that I had to express my feelings once. It would be easy to ignore them if there were like 50% people who listen to pop and 50% people who listen to punk or just honest music in general. But it's more like 90% - 10% and that is what makes me so depressed. [/rant]
Sorry for this long post...

Dude, I thinl you're 10 different kinds of overreacting. Don't like being the only one into music with a little something else behind it? Get used to it. That's life. The second bands like you describe start getting popular is the same second people start accusing them of being sellout invented trained monkeys. Why don't you build others up instead of tearing them down? Introduce them to bands that are better for them, or ignore them if you don't think they're worth the trouble. What you said about them only moving on to the next manufactured pop drivel is incredibly snobby. Do you have any idea how many people here got into music because of past bands like that? You never know how people will react and what their capacity for becoming better is unless you try. Or you could cop out like a coward and call them faggots instead. Your call.

Vera
08-21-2008, 04:14 AM
ad8, the reason Tokio Hotel are so big is because their fanbase is mostly teens, mostly teen girls, and teen girls will always latch onto to musically not-so-great popular phenomenons and be ridiculously into them and all "TOKIO HOTEL CHANGED MY LIFE ZOMG!!!11" and all of that shit. It's happened during every generation of music, from the Beatles to the Backstreet Boys and beyond. That's just the nature of being teenage, I guess.

The thing is that it's totally harmless. You may feel a little outside now that you dig Offspring and whatever other bands you dig your classmates/friends aren't into, but you know, whatever gets you and them through those wretched teen years. One of my best friends used to be HUGE on Linkin Park when she was 13-14 yrs old. Now she's like "LOL Linkin Park!" but hey, their angst-ridden music was something she related to at the time. It's not a big deal.

And honestly, if anybody over 17 still listens to music because their friends do and "it's cool and liek, popularrr" then those people must not like music enough.

Free?
08-21-2008, 04:26 AM
We should copy all our arguments into a text file so when another new registered guy will start a thread about something like TH we could just paste them. ;)

shanna_guarana
08-21-2008, 05:15 AM

umh....PLEASE?

zsk
08-21-2008, 06:37 AM
Has anyone heard of the band Tokio Hotel
They are one of my favourite bands I love them!
Does anyone else?:confused:

are you kidding me???

0r4ng3
08-21-2008, 06:52 AM
I just wanted to point out the obvious irony of people posting in this thread that want it to stop being posted in. I'm excused from the irony because personally I don't care if this thread stays or not.

ad8
08-21-2008, 01:28 PM
The second bands like you describe start getting popular is the same second people start accusing them of being sellout invented trained monkeys. Why don't you build others up instead of tearing them down? Introduce them to bands that are better for them, or ignore them if you don't think they're worth the trouble.

Well, I don't hate for example Billy Talent although they could be considered "sellout" by the tru-punk-community. But that's a different thing. If Britney Spears wrote her songs all by herself, it would be a different thing. Maybe you're not so informed about TH. They never played in a band before, some of them didn't even play their instruments. So their manager comes up with an album full of cool songs and the project is started. It's like doping. It's the manager/producer who writes the songs and for those 13-year-old fan girls it looks like the "band" did everything. So they think: "Hey, this band is cool!" and if they hear some REAL local band play they are like: "Man, the quality sucks and their songs are not as good as TH's songs. So they reason that TH are smarter and cooler people than the local band guys and that is not true!!!
That is why I hate them so much. Because this kind of selling music is spreading lies and destroying the perspective of many REAL musicians, no matter if they play punk, hip-hop, dance or pop.

Little_Miss_1565
08-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Well, I don't hate for example Billy Talent although they could be considered "sellout" by the tru-punk-community. But that's a different thing. If Britney Spears wrote her songs all by herself, it would be a different thing. Maybe you're not so informed about TH. They never played in a band before, some of them didn't even play their instruments. So their manager comes up with an album full of cool songs and the project is started. It's like doping. It's the manager/producer who writes the songs and for those 13-year-old fan girls it looks like the "band" did everything. So they think: "Hey, this band is cool!" and if they hear some REAL local band play they are like: "Man, the quality sucks and their songs are not as good as TH's songs. So they reason that TH are smarter and cooler people than the local band guys and that is not true!!!
That is why I hate them so much. Because this kind of selling music is spreading lies and destroying the perspective of many REAL musicians, no matter if they play punk, hip-hop, dance or pop.

No, I know exactly who Tokio Hotel are. And they are not the first of their kind, nor will they be the last.

You're doing a lot of mental leaps here. If a fan of a prepackaged pop band bothers to go out and see a local band, then that's a huge positive step and they should be encouraged and not shat upon. If they weren't open to local bands and supporting the local scene, what's the point of even going out? No preteen is so ignorant as to think they will discover the next Tokio Hotel at Chain Reaction or another such venue, so I have no idea where you're getting that.

And again with the mental leaps. I am a real musician. Are you? I'll show you my album if you show me yours. Bands like Tokio Hotel, Katy Perry, all the slick pop production and big name songwriters in the world have absolutely no effect on what I and all the other bands do--unless we want to take some kind of influence from there into what we're doing. You are acting like this is the first time a band has been invented by producers and brought into the marketplace. This has been happening for as long as there's been a recorded music industry. Yet there's still plenty of music that is untouched by such producers to go around.

So again, you can help have a different sort of influence, or you can further alienate these kids from the scene by driving them away by telling them their new favorite band is a bunch of faggots. The scene dies without fresh blood. Choose wisely.

ad8
08-22-2008, 08:46 AM
You're doing a lot of mental leaps here. If a fan of a prepackaged pop band bothers to go out and see a local band, then that's a huge positive step and they should be encouraged and not shat upon. If they weren't open to local bands and supporting the local scene, what's the point of even going out? No preteen is so ignorant as to think they will discover the next Tokio Hotel at Chain Reaction or another such venue, so I have no idea where you're getting that.
Well, I rather think that the preteens won't go out and see a local band because they never read that Tokio Hotel (or whatever prepackaged pop band they listen to) once rehearsed in a small school studio or something. Because they never played gigs in small clubs. Because they were never refused entry to a concert and decided to make music on their own afterwards. I'd love to see the fans of Tokio Hotel listen to real bands, but I think they will never know of a local band scene because Tokio Hotel etc. were famous when they released their first album. So the fans will just think that Tokio Hotel is the best band because they're famous and that other bands are bad because they have no idea what it's really like. (I think I'm repeating myself now)

And again with the mental leaps. I am a real musician. Are you? I'll show you my album if you show me yours. Bands like Tokio Hotel, Katy Perry, all the slick pop production and big name songwriters in the world have absolutely no effect on what I and all the other bands do--unless we want to take some kind of influence from there into what we're doing. You are acting like this is the first time a band has been invented by producers and brought into the marketplace. This has been happening for as long as there's been a recorded music industry.
Sorry if it didn't sound like that, but I tried to say that I not only despise Tokio Hotel but also all the other "bands/musicians" of that kind.
You're absolutely right when you say that they have no influence on us as musicians. But I'm sure that they have an influence on the kids that might as well listen to our music.
And yes, I am a musician. I could show you my album, but I still need a vocalist/still need to sing(if my voice isn't that bad:D). But you can listen to it, anyway. I never had that kind of feedback, and it would be interesting.

So again, you can help have a different sort of influence, or you can further alienate these kids from the scene by driving them away by telling them their new favorite band is a bunch of faggots. The scene dies without fresh blood. Choose wisely.
And again, you're right. I'll try to act less angry towards fans the next time. But my point is that the kids never reach our scene with their kinda music. I really think that tokiogirl was an exception. And although I am not homosexual, I never called them and am not going to call them faggots. Peace.

Autonomist
08-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Prior to this thread I'd never heard of them, so I searched Youtube for clarity and watched the video to Monsoon. There is no way in hell I will accept their singer is a male, no matter how many hard facts and reliable sources that're cited at me. Some of the most feminine people I've ever known are less feminine than this "guy". I also don't feel said song was bad enough to inspire 8 pages of melodramatic contempt, though I'm prepared to bet other songs by the band are much much worse.

Ryder1234
09-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Hate to have to bump this thread, but... Look at who made this thread. Then look at the birthdays. This must be the reason someone could like them!

I just realized something... if they're 7... what was 7 years ago today :eek: