PDA

View Full Version : The "Big Foot" body

Jojan
08-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z76h6ltDh2c

KHWHD
08-15-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm not that gullible. Don't believe it, never have and never will.

Lodat225
08-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Seems pretty legit.

Eh, I have no reason to doubt it but then again, I can't exactly believe that's true. All I have to say is ... who cares?

Conspiracyof1000
08-15-2008, 08:42 PM
My biology teacher is so excited about this crap...

Tired_Of_You
08-15-2008, 09:22 PM
He shouldn't be... It's obviously not true and here's the proof :

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080815/ts_nm/bigfoot_dc

Mota Boy
08-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Haven't people learned by now that any singular anomaly that contradicts all other established evidence is a lie until it is verified repeatedly, by multiple methods, beyond a shadow of a doubt?

Of course, half the country believes in creationism, so I guess not.

lost_nvrfound
08-15-2008, 09:46 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! I can't believe people are still out to prove that bigfoot exists! Even if there was a bigfoot, what does it matter? He's not bothering us!

Only in America....

sKratch
08-16-2008, 12:17 AM
I wonder how a Bigfoot burger would taste...

lost_nvrfound
08-16-2008, 12:20 AM
I wonder how a Bigfoot burger would taste...

Tough and stringy what with all the running to avoid humans... but otherwise, like chicken

Mota Boy
08-16-2008, 12:36 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! I can't believe people are still out to prove that bigfoot exists! Even if there was a bigfoot, what does it matter? He's not bothering us!

Only in America....
Well, the discovery of a living bigfoot would probably be the biggest scientific discovery in... maybe ever, if we were to discover another intelligent, possibly sentient relative (particularly one that's managed to leave no trace at all of its existence, not even in the fossil record).

The main question is why this is even news at all.

HornyPope
08-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Well, the discovery of a living bigfoot would probably be the biggest scientific discovery in... maybe ever, if we were to discover another intelligent, possibly sentient relative (particularly one that's managed to leave no trace at all of its existence, not even in the fossil record).

Hmm... ever? What about Jesus Christ?

F@ BANKZ
08-16-2008, 04:32 AM
I don't believe it. I should also add that this is much, much less cool than the San Andreas Bigfoot search.

It wouldn't amaze me, if a bigfoot species does exist then it's numbers are infinitasmal now and could well have been for a long time prior. If one was captured I cannot imagine it being a brilliant beast but just another ape.

0r4ng3
08-16-2008, 09:05 AM
I've always wondered if Bigfoot himself is naturally blurry. Like, everyone's always taking perfectly clear pictures of him, but the dude's just naturally out of focus.

hshduppsnt
08-16-2008, 11:25 AM
I've always wondered if Bigfoot himself is naturally blurry. Like, everyone's always taking perfectly clear pictures of him, but the dude's just naturally out of focus.

thats an interesting theory... something straight out of a woody allen movie :)... i like it!

mrconeman
08-16-2008, 01:41 PM
I just can't believe such utter bullshit was given air-time. I think in the shoes of that reporter I'd have quit my job the instant I was told I'd be doing that interview. Jesus fucking Christ.

Endymion
08-16-2008, 01:56 PM
It wouldn't amaze me, if a bigfoot species does exist then it's numbers are infinitasmal now and could well have been for a long time prior. If one was captured I cannot imagine it being a brilliant beast but just another ape.

a population small enough to evade detection is just not possible. any particular bigfood would have a life expectancy on the order of that of any other ape-like mammal -- tens of years. that would mean to maintain even a small population it would have to find a mate on the order of a dozen years and produce ~2 offspring. for any sort of viability the genetic variation would force a stable population to be in the hundreds -- this is clearly not the case. for a dwindling population, simple population dynamics would show that if even a few are surviving to this date, the population would have to have been in the thousands a couple hundred years ago, and so there would have been definite documentation of them at that time.

Conspiracyof1000
08-16-2008, 06:24 PM
He shouldn't be... It's obviously not true and here's the proof :

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080815/ts_nm/bigfoot_dc

Teacher's a she, and I can't wait to see her reaction on Monday.

Mota Boy
08-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Hmm... ever? What about Jesus Christ?I wouldn't consider Jesus Christ a scientific discovery.

Jakebert
08-16-2008, 10:45 PM
[Obligatory Futrama quote]Hey Fry, it's me, Bigface! Come out here and comb my mangy fur![/Obligitory Futurama quote]

0r4ng3
08-17-2008, 04:51 AM
Thanks for that. I was trying to think of a good Futurama quote, but I couldn't, so I went with the vague Mitch Hedberg reference instead.