PDA

View Full Version : The Racontuers

bighead384
08-16-2008, 01:15 AM
The Raconteurs are probably in the top 5 of underrated bands of the 00's. Their new album is starting to really grow on me, and their debut, Broken Boy Soldiers, is absolutely one of the best albums you will ever hear. It's hard to explain why they're so good. They just have a way of combining creativity and uniqueness with good old fashioned rock song writing. They can be chill. They can fucking groove. They can rock out.

Don't miss out. Give them a chance.

Maybe I'll try to upload some stuff.

Endymion
08-16-2008, 01:59 AM
the only thing impressive about the racontuers is how they manage to be so thoroughly derivative.

yellow
08-16-2008, 02:25 AM
The Raconteurs are probably in the top 5 of underrated bands of the 00's. Their new album is starting to really grow on me, and their debut, Broken Boy Soldiers, is absolutely one of the best albums you will ever hear. It's hard to explain why they're so good. They just have a way of combining creativity and uniqueness with good old fashioned rock song writing. They can be chill. They can fucking groove. They can rock out.

Don't miss out. Give them a chance.

Maybe I'll try to upload some stuff.

I completely agree!
The Raconteurs are fuckig amazing. Their second album "Consoler of the loney" is brillant. The album rocks from the 1st note to the last note. There is no end to Jack Whites range of creativity. I immediately went and bought the Raconteurs new cd after seeing them at the 2008 weenie roast; and the cd is still in my cd player getting played all the time.

bighead384
08-16-2008, 11:16 AM
the only thing impressive about the racontuers is how they manage to be so thoroughly derivative.

I bet you've only heard their singles.

Endymion
08-16-2008, 12:58 PM
i heard an entire album at a friends house. i do not know which is was, though. i'm not saying it was bad, i just didn't hear anything new or interesting.

Marco
08-16-2008, 01:23 PM
I lvoe the Raconteurs

bighead384
08-16-2008, 01:27 PM
i heard an entire album at a friends house. i do not know which is was, though. i'm not saying it was bad, i just didn't hear anything new or interesting.

The Raconteurs aren't groundbreaking or anything, they're just great rock song writers and they just have a way of putting they're own little twist on it. Actually, they're latest album is more creative, more unconventional then their debut. But the debut is LOADED with some unforgettable melodies. They both rock.

jacknife737
08-16-2008, 03:03 PM
I liked Steady as She Goes. Other then that,they're not really my thing.

drex878
08-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I'm not really impressed with them. It all sounds the same to me.

IamSam
08-17-2008, 12:18 AM
I liked Steady as She Goes. Other then that,they're not really my thing.

Same here. I do think that Jack White though is a great talent.

yellow
08-17-2008, 05:51 AM
I don't have their 1st album so I haven't heard anything other than "steady as she goes". It is my opinion that Jack White is a great muscian, lyricist and has an amazingly unconventional way of playing the guitar. He somehow harmonizes raw chaos and intense passions into great music. He is a muscian with no box just a destiny. His creativity has no end or limits; and I believe he will only get better with time as he continuously amazes the audience.